Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,549 members, 7,801,537 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 04:48 PM

Association Of Programmers In Nigeria - Programming (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Association Of Programmers In Nigeria (21576 Views)

In Need Of Programmers / The 5 Types Of Programmers / The Eight Levels Of Programmers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Association Of Programmers In Nigeria by zubys19(m): 12:02pm On Oct 23, 2015
Hi guys,
Im IN! Love this.

Name: Zubairu Kasim
Location: Federal University of technology minna, Niger State
State of origin: Niger State
Designation: Programmer
Platform: Windows/Linux
E-mail: zubys4u@gmail.com
Mobile: 08064147473
Re: Association Of Programmers In Nigeria by liliian(f): 6:29pm On Oct 23, 2015
zubys19:
Hi guys,
Im IN! Love this.

Name: Zubairu Kasim
Location: Federal University of technology minna, Niger State
State of origin: Niger State
Designation: Programmer
Platform: Windows/Linux
E-mail: zubys4u@gmail.com
Mobile: 08064147473

Please check this :https://www.nairaland.com/2685865/need-assignment-java-programming#39282992
Re: Association Of Programmers In Nigeria by Ademat7(m): 4:44pm On Oct 25, 2015
uken73:
Wonder what happening to this wonderful idea that was born since January 2011.

I'll love to be part of this.
Areas of specialty in order of proficiency: VB.NET,ASP.NET(VB),C#.NET,ASP.NET(C#),Java,C++,Oracle PL/SQL
Database Technologies: MS SQL Server, ORACLE Database Server, MySQL, MS Access,SQL/T-SQL
Platforms: Linux/Windows.
Others: HTML, Web Design, Dotnet Nuke CMS sites development, Windows & Linux Network Administration
Most Selling Product: Prisec School Manager (https://www.nairaland.com/953571/nursery-primary-secondary-school-management)
whr exactly in Uyo #acorper
Re: Association Of Programmers In Nigeria by ogatimon(m): 10:36pm On Jun 22, 2016
Goodday Nairalanders,
Please are there any meetups for .NET developers in lagos?
Re: Association Of Programmers In Nigeria by adejumoadeoluwa(m): 11:35am On Jun 25, 2016
Re: Association Of Programmers In Nigeria by juliusnnamdi: 1:36pm On Jun 26, 2016
true talk

1 Like

Re: Association Of Programmers In Nigeria by efeblin(m): 2:23pm On Jun 29, 2016
Currently in need of a programmer. Anyone who is interested in joining me in a product am currently developing for financial service should contact me on efeblin@yahoo.co.uk 08068798149
Re: Association Of Programmers In Nigeria by Bensmart04(m): 4:59pm On Jun 29, 2016
Thumbs up! Tremendous Idea! I think we need to do something... Please where do we meet to discuss the idea. Maybe online or offline

Introducing myself:
follow this link www.facebook.com/bennard.bassey

Designation: Java, Javascript, C, C#, Python, C++ and HTML
Phone: 07064347080
Re: Association Of Programmers In Nigeria by broswilli: 9:33am On Sep 01, 2016
DisGuy:
Nigerians, we just love associations, perhaps just to be called Chairman organising committee, Secretary General, Treasurer, High table members

associations with no benefit, just regular application forms with scratch cards to boot!
Seminars, Talkshop, Workshop, Retreats tongue

What is wrong with that. All over the world such things exist. There is PHP users group in every country. Recently Prestashop had their first meetup in Port-Harcourt. Iron Sharpens Iron. Besides you need to co-operate with others to do big things
Re: Association Of Programmers In Nigeria by DisGuy: 7:39pm On Sep 02, 2016
broswilli:

What is wrong with that. All over the world such things exist. There is PHP users group in every country Recently Prestashop had their first meetup in Port-Harcourt. Iron Sharpens Iron. Besides you need to co-operate with others to do big things

do they have a chairman?

who is the treasury of PHP users group South East Lagos branch?
Re: Association Of Programmers In Nigeria by NewJaja(m): 10:03pm On Dec 01, 2017
Guys is there any association yet for programmers or IT? I stay in port Harcourt
Re: Association Of Programmers In Nigeria by ilekky(m): 10:57pm On Dec 02, 2017
I am also available.This idea must stay by his grace.
Re: Association Of Programmers In Nigeria by dolapokay: 1:41pm On Sep 21, 2018
Positions:
Sales Development Representatives

Company Overview
Tropixel BS Limited provides software on-demand for managing Field Operations, Workforce and Assets. We position ourselves as field services and facilities management experts innovating business solutions across field service operations, facilities management and location intelligence with flair for continuous improvement and excellence in process and mapping technologies.

Position Overview
The Sales Development Representative (SDR) is a qualifier/prospector whose main job is to reach out to prospects and qualify them by asking questions that focus on customer needs and identify the decision-making process. The SDR requires the attribute of being smart, quick on his/her feet, willing to learn and self-develop, and be able to create strong deliverables such as business case and discussion documents in PowerPoint and Word. The job entails some travels, but most selling occurs via phone and web conference demos. There is a lot of strategies and planning for key prospect accounts that engage us and this must appeal to the SDR.

Responsibilities

Researching prospect companies, individuals
Conducting discovery calls
Conduct a large volume of outbound calls to customers and prospects to gather information and initiate the first step in identifying those interested in learning more about the company’s products and services
Diagnosing needs with good questions and conversation
Conducting product demonstrations
Opportunity planning and strategy
Follow-up execution
Show understanding and discuss buyer needs, connect our solutions to needs, and present solution and outcomes
Achieve monthly lead quotas
Produce and manage meeting plans, demo schedules, detailed requirements and tasks lists that keep opportunities on track
Achieve department and organization goals; accept ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments
Maintains and improves quality results by following standards; recommending improved policies and procedures
Keeps management informed of all activity, including timely preparation of reports
Gain an understanding of the buyer situation and goals
Diagnose needs with good questioning practices and listening skills
Share outcomes, case studies, success stories and industry research
Share insight with buyers that help them through the buying process
Manage a pipeline and multiple opportunities simultaneously
Focus on the right opportunities through the use of prioritization skills
Communicate and work effectively with all levels of the organization
Innovate ideas that will streamline and improve our sales process
Professional Expectations

• Passionate about customer service and ‘right the first time’ principles
• Project a professional and positive attitude
• Be honest, direct and respectful in communication
• Be proactive, resourceful and forthright
• Continually learn and develop yourself professionally
• Build relationships

Preferred Profile
• Bachelor’s degree required, preferably but not necessarily in the technology field

visit https://ultratell.com/careers to apply
Re: Association Of Programmers In Nigeria by dolapokay: 1:43pm On Sep 21, 2018
Position:
Customer Success Executives

Company Overview
Tropixel BS Limited provides software on-demand for managing Field Operations, Workforce and Assets. We position ourselves as field services and facilities management experts innovating business solutions across field service operations, facilities management and location intelligence with flair for continuous improvement and excellence in process and mapping technologies.
The Customer Success Executive will be responsible for developing customer relationships to promote the retention and loyalty of our users. He/she will work closely with customers to ensure that they are satisfied with Ultratell services and seek to improve upon areas they may not be satisfied with through technical support, training, coaching and process implementation.

Responsibilities

Provide Technical & Product support, deployments and coaching for customers
Executive customer support operations, dealing with questions, queries and following up on reported issues
Track support level and customer satisfaction metrics; Ensure the support SLA’s are being achieved and exceeded; Identify opportunities to improve metrics and team efficiency based on results of reporting and analytics
Ensure customer & Product satisfaction are met by conducting quality & product usage checks and ensuring that a high level of service is being delivered
Develop & maintain project plans, issues logs, status reports, and time/budget reports
Required Skills/ Professional Expectations

Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, specifically Excel and PowerPoint
Knowledge of customer service practices
Technical aptitude and ability to learn software programs
Knowledge of technologies the development technologies will be an advantage
Passionate about customer service and ‘right the first time’ principles
Project a professional and positive attitude
Be honest, direct and respectful in communication
Be proactive, resourceful and forthright
Continually learn and develop yourself professionally
Build relationships
Keeps management informed of all activity, including timely preparation of reports
Gain an understanding of the buyer situation and goals
Diagnose needs with good questioning practices and listening skills
Share outcomes, case studies, success stories and industry research
Share insight with buyers that help them through the buying process
Manage a pipeline and multiple opportunities simultaneously

Preferred Profile

Bachelor’s degree required, preferably but not necessarily in the technology field
visit https://ultratell.com/careers to apply
Re: Association Of Programmers In Nigeria by itzjaiz(m): 1:57pm On Sep 21, 2018
paule:
Mustapha being the lead, we will follow
can you design a classroom attendance management system using CONVOLUTIONAL NEURAL NETWORK (CNN)? IF YES BUZZ ME 07065707659
Re: Association Of Programmers In Nigeria by Ikennablue(m): 12:08am On Sep 24, 2018
This is my favourite thread already. Am a student of Architecture but a programming enthusiast. Am in full support of the group
Re: Association Of Programmers In Nigeria by mrewis: 1:40pm On Feb 14, 2020
Good day house, following the conversation i discovered, there are able body ready for innovations and uplifting Nigeria technology industries,
as regard to software engineering and information technology.
I am member of international association engineers. and a registered senior member of international association of software engineers.
on this opinion i and some others software engineers are currently putting an association like this, which Licensed by International bodies to server as a local chapter in Nigeria.
This as been on for a while now but still waiting for more hands to get started together.
If you actually want to pull this dream with us please feel free to contact me, we have many this to put in place before get started.
Currently operating from Abuja, Nigeria.

With Regard!
DAVID IDRIS S.
TD/CEO
EASYWEB INTEGRATIVE SYSTEM INC.
ceo@ewis.com.ng
+234 815 122 5635.

1 Share

Re: Association Of Programmers In Nigeria by chibexme(m): 10:03pm On Mar 04, 2020
chibexme(m): 4:31pm
Greetings, introducing to you

Ozioma messaging platform, everything you need for your mobile marketing, OTP, receipt, etc.

* SMS Broadcasting - Bulk/Single SMS
* Advanced Scheduling - with recurrence and random delivery time
* Location based SMS Campaign
* Transactional SMS - OTP, receipt and account balance
* SMS Newsletter - with Opt-in autoresponder followup
* Auto Birthday SMSing like banks
* Personalize SMS by Tagging

SMS Newsletter for websites/apps owners: you can capture phone numbers and names of your website visitors and automatically subscribe them to particular SMS Newsletter list for future follow ups with messages.

If your website or app captures audience birthdays you can add them directly to your Ozioma birthday messenger group for future auto birthday messaging to them like banks.

With Ozioma's robust API, you can schedule messages to deliver later from your websites or apps with no stress.
https://ozioma.net/api/docs

Create a free account at https://app.ozioma.net and start automating your messages.
Re: Association Of Programmers In Nigeria by richdavid5(m): 12:11pm On Mar 07, 2020
ack:
I hoped to instigate this, starting with real-time chat on irc, where we could discuss our views , nobody seems to pay attention.
I tried getting a nickname on irc but I don't know how to do that, firstly.. I suggest we basically have a group like on telegram or a more encrypted media and then communicate our thoughts and share our ideas.. That way it's more like a community and we can grow with our aspirations..
#upcomingwhitehatprogrammers.

Who's with me?
Re: Association Of Programmers In Nigeria by Nobody: 8:49pm On Apr 07, 2020
trojand:
Coming together to form the association is good idea, but there must be some level of regulation.
Years of application design and coding experience, nature of coding experience ( i dont want to rub mind with guys that do copy and paste, or framework gurus)
You must have implemented full OO logic design with coding in C++/Java/ C# and any of the high level scripting language like python, perl, PHP,javascript with not less than 3 verifiable years of solid experience before you are eligible.

Well done what if some is really gud bt does not have three yrs of exp. He would just leave nd maybe forget abt applying let there be a test to ascertain who is qualified nd not
Re: Association Of Programmers In Nigeria by Nobody: 8:51pm On Apr 07, 2020
richdavid5:

I tried getting a nickname on irc but I don't know how to do that, firstly.. I suggest we basically have a group like on telegram or a more encrypted media and then communicate our thoughts and share our ideas.. That way it's more like a community and we can grow with our aspirations..
#upcomingwhitehatprogrammers.

Who's with me?

Yh like whatsapp or something like that
Re: Association Of Programmers In Nigeria by Momohgabriel: 7:34am On Sep 23, 2020
Join the WhatsApp group for programmers
https:///DBQ5dEA9A4hGXlShPqn4YJ
smiley

1 Like

Re: Association Of Programmers In Nigeria by Xperienx(m): 10:33am On Sep 23, 2020
While this is a good idea, I think we should instead focus on creating life changing real world applications which probably could be open source.

Someone could think of something, put it on github and invite us to contribute and we would end up doing something greater than the original author had expected.

You probably must have heard of MIT students and the great products they come up with all day, if we also need to be recognized, we could give the group a name while working on products(web, software, erp, etc) that would help the society(both locally and international) and not just calling ourself an association which will always want to compel the government to do some xyz for us.

Nigerian government won't even respond to you and might even dissolute the forum if they notice we are not in compliance with their self interest standard. However, if we instead do what I mentioned above, they would be infact the ones in search of us before we could go ahead to setup a national organization as mentioned in the post. My 2cent.

Meanwhile most of us are already in this programmers WhatsApp group but if you're not, join with the link below.

https://chat whatsapp com/DRg75NfBai3HmwmGlscAcx

Replace white space with dots and join
Re: Association Of Programmers In Nigeria by Xandelle: 12:46pm On Sep 23, 2020
Xperienx:
While this is a good idea, I think we should instead focus on creating life changing real world applications which probably could be open source.

Someone could think of something, put it on github and invite us to contribute and we would end up doing something greater than the original author had expected.

You probably must have heard of MIT students and the great products they come up with all day, if we also need to be recognized, we could give the group a name while working on products(web, software, erp, etc) that would help the society(both locally and international) and not just calling ourself an association which will always want to compel the government to do some xyz for us.

Nigerian government won't even respond to you and might even dissolute the forum if they notice we are not in compliance with their self interest standard. However, if we instead do what I mentioned above, they would be infact the ones in search of us before we could go ahead to setup a national organization as mentioned in the post. My 2cent.

Meanwhile most of us are already in this programmers WhatsApp group but if you're not, join with the link below.

https://chat whatsapp com/DRg75NfBai3HmwmGlscAcx

Replace white space with dots and join

Its almost as if you and I are having same thoughts.
Re: Association Of Programmers In Nigeria by Callmenelson: 12:01pm On Apr 07, 2022
Count me in…

Name: Nelson Umeh
Programs: Java, html, cmd, web3, css
Work condition: Engineering industry

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Kotlin For Android Developers By Antonio Leiva" Ebook(pdf). / Twitter Layoff: This Is Why You Need Some Side Hustles As A Developer / Sayo Oladeji Wins N1m In Programming Contest (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.