Stats: 3,149,794 members, 7,806,197 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 12:52 PM

Fresh Toks Rides For 600k Or Less: A Reality Check! - Autos - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Fresh Toks Rides For 600k Or Less: A Reality Check! (1276 Views)

2012-2016 Toks/Brandnew rides (Prado..BMW..Lexus..Benz..MDX..Range) 4d Chairmen / Lovely Rides For Rent (weddings,club Parties,movies E.t.c) / Clean And Cool Rides Here Click Here To View Them & Make A Choice: You Welcome. (2) (3) (4)

Fresh Toks Rides For 600k Or Less: A Reality Check! by promise72(m): 3:45pm On Feb 25, 2009
To my Fellow NL,

I love to go thru the Auto Section for leisure and read. I am amazed that people still expect to find Non-Nigeria Fresh Toks for 600k or less. Sometimes they will price a car for such.

I just like to give a breakdown for intending buyers of cars especially since the Naira Value is a little weak now.

Average Shipping cost of Standard Car (Honda Baby Boy For Example) $1450-$1500

Clearing in Lagos: N200k -N250k

That is a total of N475k for the Shipping and Clearing. Then you factor in the buying here and profit margin.

Even if you ship to Cotonou, you will only be saving on Clearing, shipping will be about the same. So lets assume N425K total (shipping and Clearing).

So the next time you (or anyone else) is looking for a Non-Nigerian used, Factory A/C, Clean, Low miles, Leather  vehicle and still wanna pay N600k ?

All i can say is Hmmmmmm  undecided    But as the saying goes "Never say Never".

I hope you find a cheap car but be careful also what you might end up with  wink
Re: Fresh Toks Rides For 600k Or Less: A Reality Check! by Nobody: 4:20pm On Feb 25, 2009
promise72:

I hope you find a cheap car but[b] be careful also what you might end up with [/b] wink

A great big LEMON! cheesy grin

DeltaVAGTM
Re: Fresh Toks Rides For 600k Or Less: A Reality Check! by gentlegg(m): 4:32pm On Feb 25, 2009
600K is not 600H. There are quite some old model fresh toks 600k can still buy for you

600k can still buy fresh toks japanese cars of early 90's model.
Re: Fresh Toks Rides For 600k Or Less: A Reality Check! by promise72(m): 4:55pm On Feb 25, 2009
gentlegg:

600K is not 600H. There are quite some old model fresh toks 600k can still buy for you

600k can still buy fresh toks japanese cars of early 90's model.

which is possible. But when ppl wants Factory A/C, Leather, Low Mileage etc Thants where it get dicey.

Also if the seller has got the car sitting around for a while, just wanna get rid of it, sure may be.

Like i've said, "Never say Never"
Re: Fresh Toks Rides For 600k Or Less: A Reality Check! by olivetree: 10:20pm On Feb 26, 2009
Promise 72, I beg to disagree.

There are quite a number of cars selling for 600kor below, both in naija andcotonou,and these are non naija used toks.

Toyota starlet
nissan sunny
peugeot 206
volvo 440
benz 190
benz v-boot
kia brands
hyundai
honda halla
ford brands
mitsubishi galant, lancer and carisma
and other brands of toyota and honda.

many even come with FACTORY fitted a/c and power windows, the issue is just that some of the mileage might be a bit high,but not in all cases. Also, they are mainly frm late 80s to mid 90s. But the long and short of it is that they are MOST times good buys. It newer cars that are expensive, esp the ones being sold on nairaland.

Note that most of these cars come from Europe, except the recent Toyotas and hondas that come mainly from US.

So bros, do not jump to conclusion next time.
Re: Fresh Toks Rides For 600k Or Less: A Reality Check! by ladoma(m): 1:26pm On Mar 03, 2009
so so grin

Request Free Vin Checks Here - Only 6 Requests Will Be Processed / 99 Peugeot 406 - Excellent Condition In & Out / 2007-08 Camry Xle For Sale : Loaded: Thumb Start @ 3.7m