Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,288 members, 7,807,973 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:46 AM

Fire For Fire, Can Tells Southern Nigerians - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fire For Fire, Can Tells Southern Nigerians (1996 Views)

Poll: Do you support CAN's proposition on arms?

Yes: 61% (13 votes)
No: 33% (7 votes)
Not Sure: 4% (1 vote)
This poll has ended

Letter To Southern Nigerians Particularly Yoruba People / Inaccurate View Of The North By Southern Nigerians - Mark Amaza / 33 Reasons Why Southern Nigerians Are Fools - And The Northerners Are Not! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fire For Fire, Can Tells Southern Nigerians by StFunmi(f): 4:01pm On Feb 25, 2009
Religious crisis: CAN wants Nigerians to carry arms
• Berates Yar'Adua, Jonathan over Bauchi violence
From Ofunu Idoko in Abuja, 02.24.2009

Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Christian Association of Nigeria (CAN) yesterdaydisclosed that it was  considering sending a bill that would allow  every  adult to carry arms as a way of checking unwarranted attacks to the National  Assembly.

The  body also took a swipe at what it called the non-challant attitude of President Umaru Musa Yar Adua and Vice President Goodluck Jonathan to the violent  crisis in some parts of the North, asking  them to resign if they cannot proffer solutions to the problem.

Reviewing the religious crisis in Bauchi and the attendant death toll,   CAN  Secretary General,  Samuel S. Salifu , said at a news conference that it was passing a vote of no confidence on Yar'Adua and Jonathan  for their alleged inability to proffer solutions to the crisis.

CAN said it received the news of the killings in Bauchi over the weekend with deep pain and sorrow, adding that it was considering sending a bill to the National Assembly on gun ownership in the country.

“We met this morning and we are considering sending a bill to the National Assembly to facilitate adults who are twenty one years and above to make it legal to own arms and weapons.

“Everybody should buy his own gun, Right now,  as we are talking, they are still killing people in Bauchi. Where are the security people?" he said.

CAN said reports from  Bauchi State showed that about 11 Nigerians were burnt to death out of which six were christians while three were burnt beyond recognition. It said  12 churches and a mosque were burnt and several houses destroyed over the weekend in the mayhem.

According to the CAN  scribe, “over the weekend and even today (yesterday), we got the reports on the killings and we tried to reach on phone one of the Special Advisers to the Governor by name Adamu, who assured us that the situation was under control but thereafter I asked him to call me back but he didn’t up till now. We also tried to reach the Vice President on the situation but could not.

“ What bothers us most is that the president and vice president of this country have the responsibility of providing security for the citizens, The perception there fore to CAN is that the President and the Vice are very weak in tackling the situation”.

Because if these things happens in other parts of the world, in whatever  form, you find the president coming out to address the country.

“This is not the first time we have been having this in this country. We had it during Shagari time, he was a muslim too, but he talked on it,  so we don’t know why our present president is dumb and is saying nothing. As Christians with options , we are expecting the president to come out and condemn this act as soon as possible. Life is sacred and it must be respected. If he finds it very difficult, himself and his vice and they are not intending to take responsibility, then they should resign."

http://odili.net/news/source/2009/feb/24/210.html
Re: Fire For Fire, Can Tells Southern Nigerians by StFunmi(f): 4:07pm On Feb 25, 2009
It's time we show this people that we were not created for our muttons. I propose total massacre even if they are yet to start the riot.
Re: Fire For Fire, Can Tells Southern Nigerians by Nobody: 4:11pm On Feb 25, 2009
Hug me I hug you wink

Kiss me I kiss you kiss kiss

Slap me I slap you shocked shocked shocked

Bleep me I Bleep you!!!!! angry angry angry angry

News going round is that Iweka and Aba boys are trying to find out what the names of the roasted sound like.
Re: Fire For Fire, Can Tells Southern Nigerians by Fhemmmy: 4:13pm On Feb 25, 2009
Well, if the Northerners wont stop killing others in the South, then, they are inviting troubles.
If the Muslims could kill for jihad, i think the Christians should be able to kill for "bible"had as well.
So i guess now, i am throwing my full support behind fire for fire.
This nonsense gotta stop and since the govt are not willing to do something, then, let everyone protect themselves.
Besides sales of arms could make some people rich sef
Re: Fire For Fire, Can Tells Southern Nigerians by Ibime(m): 4:13pm On Feb 25, 2009
With the proliferation of arms everywhere in Naija, it was only a matter of time before we descended into this kind of chaos.

Can you imagine right to bear arms in Naija? Minor traffic accidents and road rage would turn to homicide. Children would start shooting their parents for flogging them. Biafra would not need to raise funds to declare secession, everyone would just fall out into the street with their pre-owned firearms and start a war. If only to keep arms out of Biafra, this bill will never pass Congress.
Re: Fire For Fire, Can Tells Southern Nigerians by mustafar1: 4:14pm On Feb 25, 2009
St.Funmi:

It's time we show this people that we were not created for our muttons. I propose total massacre even if they are yet to start the riot.

are u willing to lead the line? are u willing to bear arms urself and draw the first blood? are you willing to start the massacre you proposed above?
Re: Fire For Fire, Can Tells Southern Nigerians by StFunmi(f): 4:14pm On Feb 25, 2009
News going round is that Iweka and Aba boys are trying to find out what the names of the roasted sound like.
If you let them get away with this one again, they'll try another in 2 months time. Enough is enough!
Re: Fire For Fire, Can Tells Southern Nigerians by Fhemmmy: 4:14pm On Feb 25, 2009
Well, if that is what it leads to, too bad then
Re: Fire For Fire, Can Tells Southern Nigerians by StFunmi(f): 4:15pm On Feb 25, 2009
are u willing to lead the line? are u willing to bear arms urself and draw the first blood? are you willing to start the massacre you proposed above?
Yes yes yes my lord.
Re: Fire For Fire, Can Tells Southern Nigerians by mustafar1: 4:17pm On Feb 25, 2009
St.Funmi:

Yes yes yes my lord.

start by booking ur one way ticket to nigeria. be sure to make it there by saturday so u'll get debriefed by sunday and by monday morning you'll be ready and start bringing/cutting people down.
Re: Fire For Fire, Can Tells Southern Nigerians by tamme: 4:19pm On Feb 25, 2009
Thousands displaced after Nigeria riots: police
17 hours ago

BAUCHI, Nigeria (AFP) — At least 4,500 people have been displaced by sectarian violence in the northern Nigerian city of Bauchi which left 11 dead and 100 hospitalised, police said Tuesday.

"About 4,500 people have been displaced and they have been camped at two army barracks in the city", Bauchi police commissioner Adanaya Tallman Gaya told AFP after rioting between Muslims and Christians began on Saturday.

"We have recorded 11 deaths and 100 casualties in the two-day violence and our men have succeeded in making 30 arrests in connection with the disturbance", Gaya said.

The city was calm but tense on Tuesday. Troops were deployed there and seven neighbourhoods affected by the violence were under dusk-to-dawn curfew.

"The curfew is still in force, it will only be lifted when normalcy is fully restored and anybody who defies it will certainly be apprehended and prosecuted", Gaya said.

Over 200 houses, six churches and three mosques were torched, according to Bauchi Red Cross secretary Adamu Abubakar.

"We have been providing food items to the displaced but our tent supplies have been exhausted and many of the displaced sleep in the open," Abubakar said at the Shadawanka barracks where 3,000 people were sheltered.

"I'm still apprehensive and afraid to go back to my house because the situation is still tense and I can't risk my life and that of my family," said Yohanna Moses who fled to the barracks from his home.

Muslim youths went on a rampage Saturday, attacking Christians and burning churches. They said their acts were reprisals for the burning of two mosques overnight in the state capital Bauchi.

Tensions have risen in Bauchi, a city of four million, since February 13 when Pentecostal Christians barricaded a pathway used by Muslims attending Friday prayers at a nearby mosque, residents said.

Bauchi suffered bloody sectarian strife in 2004 when Muslim-Christian violence in the town of Tafawa Balewa, some 100 kilometres (62 miles) away, spilled over to the city, and houses, mosques and churches were burnt.
Re: Fire For Fire, Can Tells Southern Nigerians by StFunmi(f): 4:19pm On Feb 25, 2009
With the proliferation of arms everywhere in Naija, it was only a matter of time before we descended into this kind of chaos.

Can you imagine right to bear arms in Naija?
Minor traffic accidents and road rage would turn to homicide. Children would start shooting their parents for flogging them. Biafra would not need to raise funds to declare secession, everyone would just fall out into the street with their pre-owned firearms and start a war. If only to keep arms out of Biafra, this bill will never pass Congress.
Who cares what Biafra does. We can't continue folding our arms while they keep massacring us.
Re: Fire For Fire, Can Tells Southern Nigerians by Fhemmmy: 4:19pm On Feb 25, 2009
must_a_far:

start by booking ur one way ticket to nigeria. be sure to make it there by saturday so u'll get debriefed by sunday and by monday morning you'll be ready and start bringing/cutting people down.

u seems to be missing the point, or u agree with how other tribe and religion are being killed?
Re: Fire For Fire, Can Tells Southern Nigerians by StFunmi(f): 4:19pm On Feb 25, 2009
Haba, dem never pass the law na. Cool down my lord. tongue tongue tongue
Re: Fire For Fire, Can Tells Southern Nigerians by tamme: 4:20pm On Feb 25, 2009
nigeria shld divide
Re: Fire For Fire, Can Tells Southern Nigerians by mustafar1: 4:22pm On Feb 25, 2009
St.Funmi:

Haba, dem never pass the law na. Cool down my lord. tongue tongue tongue

is the law meant to make ur massacre legal or something?
Re: Fire For Fire, Can Tells Southern Nigerians by StFunmi(f): 4:22pm On Feb 25, 2009
nigeria shld divide
For real. To your tents O Nigeria. What shall we do to the mixed states like Kogi or Kwara?
Re: Fire For Fire, Can Tells Southern Nigerians by StFunmi(f): 4:23pm On Feb 25, 2009
is the law meant to make ur massacre legal or something?

Yes yes yes my lord.
Re: Fire For Fire, Can Tells Southern Nigerians by Nobody: 4:26pm On Feb 25, 2009
Fhemmmy:

Well, if the Northerners wont stop killing others in the South, then, they are inviting troubles.
If the Muslims could kill for jihad, i think the Christians should be able to kill for "bible"had as well.
So i guess now, i am throwing my full support behind fire for fire.
This nonsense gotta stop and since the govt are not willing to do something, then, let everyone protect themselves.
Besides sales of arms could make some people rich sef

From the much I know about the Bible, it does not support such retaliatory killing of any form.
This call by CAN is not about defending the Bible or Christ (cos both never asked for such), its about poor innocent people defending themselves from morons.

must_a_far:

are u willing to lead the line?

As she is a proud Yoruba lady, I cannot speak for her , but you have to believe that thousands are already willing to lead the line this time around from Iweka bridge.

must_a_far:

are u willing to bear arms urself and draw the first blood? are you willing to start the massacre you proposed above?

The jihadist up north started the massacre/genocide first.

St.Funmi:

If you let them get away with this one again, they'll try another in 2 months time. Enough is enough!

Watch out!!!
Re: Fire For Fire, Can Tells Southern Nigerians by StFunmi(f): 4:30pm On Feb 25, 2009
From the much I know about the Bible, it does not support such retaliatory killing of any form.
This call by CAN is not about defending the Bible or Christ (cos both never asked for such), its about poor innocent people defending themselves from morons.
Exactly!
Re: Fire For Fire, Can Tells Southern Nigerians by honeric01(m): 5:03pm On Feb 25, 2009
With those illetrates all over the northern states, what do you expect? they have the war torn IRAQ, AFGHANISTAN as their role model, they are always happy killing people
Re: Fire For Fire, Can Tells Southern Nigerians by AloyEmeka9: 5:08pm On Feb 25, 2009
With those illetrates all over the northern states, what do you expect? they have the war torn IRAQ, AFGHANISTAN as their role model, they are always happy killing people

Don't they have illiterates in the south?. May be southern area boys and almajiris  have college degrees.

No, i do not support the arms proposition unless they want UN to declare Nigeria a state of emergency. Common NL arguement, some people will draw their guns and shoot, how much less a face to face fiasco.
Re: Fire For Fire, Can Tells Southern Nigerians by Nobody: 5:09pm On Feb 25, 2009
honeric01:

That is what they want you to believe about the genocides up north;

1. Was political

2. Carried out by illiterates.

All are big fat lies. . . .
Re: Fire For Fire, Can Tells Southern Nigerians by Nobody: 5:12pm On Feb 25, 2009
Hmmmnnnnnn lipsrsealed
Re: Fire For Fire, Can Tells Southern Nigerians by Fhemmmy: 5:19pm On Feb 25, 2009
nuzo:

As she is a proud Yoruba lady, I cannot speak for her , but you have to believe that thousands are already willing to lead the line this time around from Iweka bridge.

The jihadist up north started the massacre/genocide first.

Watch out!!!

well, there has to be a stop one way or the other to all the nonsense of the Muslims and the northerners, if they blv we one Nigerians, they need to accommodate other's religion, else, gimme my AK47 and let us rambo
Re: Fire For Fire, Can Tells Southern Nigerians by AloyEmeka9: 5:22pm On Feb 25, 2009
That is what they want you to believe about the genocides up north;

1. Was political

2. Carried out by illiterates.

All are big fat lies. . .

I don't know whom they believe they graduate from those universities up north. They have illiterates just like we have ours. same way they have academicians just like we do. It's like Oyibos thinking we live on trees because they are yet to come to our land.
Re: Fire For Fire, Can Tells Southern Nigerians by Fhemmmy: 5:25pm On Feb 25, 2009
Aloy.Emeka:

I don't know whom they believe they graduate from those universities up north. They have illiterates just like we have ours. same way they have academicians just like we do. It's like Oyibos thinking we live on trees because they are yet to come to our land.
What has graduate gotta do with this?
Also, even an illetrate knows that killing others cos u dont agree on same stuff is bad and should be punishable under law, and since the law wont protect the people, everyone to their own.
Re: Fire For Fire, Can Tells Southern Nigerians by MaiSuya(m): 7:06pm On Feb 25, 2009
kai I don suffer cry
Re: Fire For Fire, Can Tells Southern Nigerians by AloyEmeka9: 7:08pm On Feb 25, 2009
What has graduate gotta do with this?
Also, even an illetrate knows that killing others cos u dont agree on same stuff is bad and should be punishable under law, and since the law wont protect the people, everyone to their own.
My argument is accusing them of doing it because they are a bunch of illiterates. I want us to purge that notion from our mind.
Re: Fire For Fire, Can Tells Southern Nigerians by Nobody: 7:12pm On Feb 25, 2009
How come the only response we re getting from our dear Jihad protagonists are:

"I don confuse"

"Hmmmm"

Aint they gonna condemn this ignominious?

Talk of double standard.
Re: Fire For Fire, Can Tells Southern Nigerians by Fhemmmy: 7:51pm On Feb 25, 2009
Xavier.:

How come the only response we re getting from our dear Jihad protagonists are:

"I don confuse"

"Hmmmm"

Aint they gonna condemn this ignominious?

Talk of double standard.

The Nation has to get it together, imagine the leader of the state and of the nation doing nothing about the situation. Shameful goats, so all they saying is, y'all shd protect yourself, so fire for thunder
Re: Fire For Fire, Can Tells Southern Nigerians by osisi2(f): 8:08pm On Feb 25, 2009
and no one is talking about the fact that it was this whole thing was started when a Muslim group protested against the citing of a mosque by a different Muslim sect in their neighborhood and that the burning of the mosque was done by one Muslim sect to another.
How did these bloody Islamists turn to Churches?
Why can't they face themselves and kill off their different sects than turning to Christians whenever they have problems with their own?
Islam is a cancer and it's been proven over and over again.
They are incapable of living in peace with anyone.
Once it doesn't go their way,they turn into bloody arabs on a caravan.
let them kill themselves and leave us alone

(1) (2) (Reply)

Awo The Great : Not So Great Outside Yorubaland ! / Awori Must Be Made Ogun State Governor In 2011 / Lagos Police Trust Fund @ N4.7b (voluntary Donations)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.