Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,414 members, 7,808,478 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:33 PM

How Crude Oil Swaps, OPAS Stalled NNPC Refinery Operations - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Crude Oil Swaps, OPAS Stalled NNPC Refinery Operations (22632 Views)

NNPC Refinery Loses 2billion Naira To Illegal Tappers / Saraki And Ekeweremadu's Forgery Trial Stalled In Abuja / Kachikwu Invites Traders On Oil Swaps, Opas, Funds Recovery (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Crude Oil Swaps, OPAS Stalled NNPC Refinery Operations by carboblanko(m): 4:29pm On Jun 21, 2015
barcanista:
People are just making noise. It was the same Jonathan that ordered for the probe of Swap/OPAs. It was the same allison that wrote EFCC to institute the probe. We are yet to see Buhari's input. If anything comes out of the probe, we shall know who the perpetrators are. APC cannot use propaganda to shout when GEJ was determined to purge NNPC.
And when would he have carried out the purge? In 2019?GEJ might have had good intentions but the truth is that he did not have the courage to stand up to the greedy individuals that sorrounded him.And was the main reason for his failure.

1 Like

Re: How Crude Oil Swaps, OPAS Stalled NNPC Refinery Operations by TRUTHTOPOWER: 4:35pm On Jun 21, 2015
Obiagelli:
IsraeliAIRFORCE and kaboninc can you guys see the point of my argument yesterday.

thanks TheOtherview for this thread.

lalasticlala, ishilove

garrix7

They saw it even before you. However, no amount of economic terrorism committed by GEJites can shock their good conscience. Some of them erroneously believe that PMB was just out to deny a minority the right to rule for eight years. kudos on your objectivity in spite of the odds.

4 Likes

Re: How Crude Oil Swaps, OPAS Stalled NNPC Refinery Operations by carboblanko(m): 4:39pm On Jun 21, 2015
989900:

I posted this yesterday:

I think you are one of the few that are really analytical.How does the NNPC know the amount of PMS consumed daily but does not know how to account for rimmitances into its own accounts? Very akward indeed.

1 Like

Re: How Crude Oil Swaps, OPAS Stalled NNPC Refinery Operations by dinachi(m): 4:44pm On Jun 21, 2015
barcanista:
People are just making noise. It was the same Jonathan that ordered for the probe of Swap/OPAs. It was the same allison that wrote EFCC to institute the probe. We are yet to see Buhari's input. If anything comes out of the probe, we shall know who the perpetrators are. APC cannot use propaganda to shout when GEJ was determined to purge NNPC.
Here my people is a man who has completely lost his soul. All that is left is an empty souless carcass moving from one position to the other hopelessly and aimlessly hoping against hope to satiate his lost soul.
Barcanista a mountain of human shit is worth far more than you right now!
Pls kindly shut up so that men and women of conscience may contribute.

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Crude Oil Swaps, OPAS Stalled NNPC Refinery Operations by mrmetoo1: 4:47pm On Jun 21, 2015
989900:

Wrong calculation.

At full functionality, we will be getting between 22-32m litres of PMS . . . depending on what the distillation process is optimized for.

BTW, we do not consume 40m litres/day. That's a big fat lie by NNPC!

Exactly!! That 40m/day will soon turn out to be a lie

1 Like

Re: How Crude Oil Swaps, OPAS Stalled NNPC Refinery Operations by Btruth: 4:50pm On Jun 21, 2015
carboblanko:
And that was why she engineered the sacking of Mr Andrew Yakubu who was very proffessional and always insisted on the proper things to be done. But Deziani was not comfortable with him and insisted to GEJ that he had to go.
Can you imagine that. & what happened? Was he sacked by our then clueless President?
Re: How Crude Oil Swaps, OPAS Stalled NNPC Refinery Operations by carboblanko(m): 4:53pm On Jun 21, 2015
Btruth:
Can you imagine that. & what happened? Was he sacked by our then clueless President?
Ofcourse GEJ sacked because of the pressure from madam Deziani.
Re: How Crude Oil Swaps, OPAS Stalled NNPC Refinery Operations by Btruth: 5:00pm On Jun 21, 2015
carboblanko:
Ofcourse GEJ sacked because of the pressure from madam Deziani.
Gracious God! shocked & when we were calling him clueless President & woman wrapper, some of our people here says our mouth dey smell.

1 Like

Re: How Crude Oil Swaps, OPAS Stalled NNPC Refinery Operations by tunjidj3: 5:04pm On Jun 21, 2015
THANKS BE TO GOD AND CHIEF BABA OBASANJO EBORA OWU FOR HIS UNDISPUTABLE ROLE HE PLAY TO DISLODGED GEJ
NOW WE CAN NOW SEE WHAT BABA WAS SEEN
NIGERIA WILL BE GREAT AGAIN
NIGERIA WILL RULE THE WORLD
Re: How Crude Oil Swaps, OPAS Stalled NNPC Refinery Operations by IsraeliAIRFORCE: 5:19pm On Jun 21, 2015
Obiagelli:
IsraeliAIRFORCE and kaboninc can you guys see the point of my argument yesterday.

thanks TheOtherview for this thread.

lalasticlala, ishilove

garrix7

Sister, forget about all the jargons blown in the article. The valid reason was given which needed a turn around maintenance to correct which is: “When the crude oil got to the refineries, the Fluid Catalytic Cracking (FCC) units were not working, so we were getting mainly base oils such as naphtha, low pour fuel oil (LPFO), kerosene and diesel."
Re: How Crude Oil Swaps, OPAS Stalled NNPC Refinery Operations by flasshlink: 5:19pm On Jun 21, 2015
Time to stop this snake & ladder game at Nnpc.

1 Like

Re: How Crude Oil Swaps, OPAS Stalled NNPC Refinery Operations by ayusco85(m): 5:41pm On Jun 21, 2015
989900:

#freemoney shocked shocked shocked

This are the only type of people that can be yelling 'GEJ till 2019', that I can relate to.

However, to have same set of people that their lives are being mortgaged yelling 'GEJ till 2019' for sentimental reasons, is so sooo sad.

That pauper named temitemi1 comes to mind. That guy is hopeless and the most CLUELESS guy on planet earth

3 Likes

Re: How Crude Oil Swaps, OPAS Stalled NNPC Refinery Operations by omenka(m): 5:46pm On Jun 21, 2015
TheOtherview:

^^^This is one reason why some of us went out on limb, time and again, to draw attention to Jonathan's putrid air.
I have no regrets for playing my infinitesimally small role, in the struggle to dislodge a morally bankrupt administration.
When you put all this sleaze against the backdrop of calls to immortalise him or give him a Nobel prize, you see just how morally debased some Nigerians could be.

6 Likes

Re: How Crude Oil Swaps, OPAS Stalled NNPC Refinery Operations by omenka(m): 5:50pm On Jun 21, 2015
Look at a thread like that is supposed to stair up a robust debate would just garner a couple of pages and then fizzle out. If this were to be a thread about a grammatical gaffe by the president, or the colour of his shirt, it would run over ten pages- goes to show what our priorities are as a people.

So ashamed.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Crude Oil Swaps, OPAS Stalled NNPC Refinery Operations by omenka(m): 5:59pm On Jun 21, 2015
Btruth:
That woman call Allison should rot in jail for her wicked behaviour. How can someone be so cruel like this? Her behaviour has pass more than "the love of money". I think she was just been wicked, if a director in the NNPC can be secretly be performing an overhauling of the refineries without his minister been aware, that means that the minister was been evil. And I assumed she was/is not a good mother.

lipsrsealed
Before the handing over, jonathan made a statement that ministers who worked under him are going to be persecuted. Notice he didn't use the word "prosecuted". It was a covert way of blackmailing the incoming admin into not taking punitive action against anyone who worked under him regardless of the severity of their crime.

It is such a shame we ever had such a president who fell hell over heels in love with corruption.

Jonathan was a disgrace to the office he occupied.

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How Crude Oil Swaps, OPAS Stalled NNPC Refinery Operations by Cargoed: 6:06pm On Jun 21, 2015
A lot of people forget the election and campaign is over. It is time to work this blame game is only waisting more time.

I have a question:
1) Why did the refinery run down in the first place.
2) Why was there a decision to privatise it
3) Why did Dangote refuse to buy it.

Answer these and we can progress. Business and Politics are 2 different things.

If you keep NNPC you cannot differentiate b/w stealing and corruption
Re: How Crude Oil Swaps, OPAS Stalled NNPC Refinery Operations by 2sex(m): 6:07pm On Jun 21, 2015
IzonOwei:
NNPC itself is a scam...while other apex NOC's like petrobras,petronas,statoil,saudi aramco etc are gaining new grounds and managing their oil resource in the best way possible our NNPC is hell bent on running the nigerian oil and gas sector aground...sometimes I wonder what is wrong with us...must we steal?..must we seek for excess money?...must we be greedy to the point that we dont think of tomorrow?...

What is wrong with us?... angry
it is so sad bro... so sad. Our name is synonymous to stealing and scam...
Re: How Crude Oil Swaps, OPAS Stalled NNPC Refinery Operations by kaboninc(m): 6:21pm On Jun 21, 2015
Imokay:

Conversion rate for petrol (gasoline) averages 45 - 51% with cracking by FCCU, Diesel will be like 20 - 25%
Out of 71 million litres of crude daily that should give about 32 million litres of petrol alone.

Who is going to give you 71 million liters of crude daily?
Re: How Crude Oil Swaps, OPAS Stalled NNPC Refinery Operations by kaboninc(m): 6:21pm On Jun 21, 2015
Imokay:

Conversion rate for petrol (gasoline) averages 45 - 51% with cracking by FCCU, Diesel will be like 20 - 25%
Out of 71 million litres of crude daily that should give about 32 million litres of petrol alone.

Who is going to give you 7 million liters of crude daily?
Re: How Crude Oil Swaps, OPAS Stalled NNPC Refinery Operations by kaboninc(m): 6:23pm On Jun 21, 2015
omenka:
Look at a thread like that is supposed to stair up a robust debate would just garner a couple of pages and then fizzle out. If this were to be a thread about a grammatical gaffe by the president, or the colour of his shirt, it would run over ten pages- goes to show what our priorities are as a people.

So ashamed.

A robust debate? A debate whose story is founded on lies?
Re: How Crude Oil Swaps, OPAS Stalled NNPC Refinery Operations by teeghurl(f): 6:53pm On Jun 21, 2015
horlabiyi:
So I Went Into a NIKE Shop Today, And Saw a Football Of N125,000. Oga, Abeg The Leg Wey I Wan Take Kick The Ball,How Much Is It?
Datz y we need to be thankful for all God has given us. Break ur legs n see how much it cn cost
Re: How Crude Oil Swaps, OPAS Stalled NNPC Refinery Operations by Kenobus: 6:59pm On Jun 21, 2015
This is a very stupid report. When it comes to repairs, NNPC had some power to do but when it comes to allocation of crude the same NNPC had no power. Just to tarnish the image of Diezani. It is sad! Diezani is fully aware; no MD of NNPC can go do TAM without her knowledge. We can't move forward like this
Re: How Crude Oil Swaps, OPAS Stalled NNPC Refinery Operations by kingGoldust(m): 7:07pm On Jun 21, 2015
Rilwayne001:
cool

Where is bacanister

He dey toilet

1 Like

Re: How Crude Oil Swaps, OPAS Stalled NNPC Refinery Operations by engrhorla(m): 7:12pm On Jun 21, 2015
In the fight against Boko Haram, sabotage!

In petroleum industry, sabotage!

In Niger-Delta amnesty program, sabotage again!

PHCN privatisation, another sabotage!

In fact, d trademark of GEJ administration is Sabotage!
Re: How Crude Oil Swaps, OPAS Stalled NNPC Refinery Operations by JUBILEE2000: 7:33pm On Jun 21, 2015
barcanista:

The voice of Jacob but the hand of Esau
Re: How Crude Oil Swaps, OPAS Stalled NNPC Refinery Operations by Nobody: 8:05pm On Jun 21, 2015
Barcanista,what do you have to counter this. Cuz all you do is spew rubbish.
Re: How Crude Oil Swaps, OPAS Stalled NNPC Refinery Operations by Etruth: 8:19pm On Jun 21, 2015
tit:
[s]FACT: Catalytic units in refineries are not working
FACT: NNPC refineries cannot refine one drop of pms TODAY!
FACT: If you give NNPC refineries 2million barrels of oil, they will not give you a DROP of PMS!

so what are you guys wailing about the former honorable minister using NNPC's "allocation of crude" to obtain more petroleum products for the country?

We all have read that NNPC engineers have been revamping the plants in-house after attempts to get original equipment manufacturers and the OEM preferred vendors failed! How can the stupid roadside reporters say Yakubu engaged people to "repair" the refineries secretly from the former honorable minister?

If the former honorable minister is the reason the refineries were/are not producing pms, the refineries would have been churing out pms since the 30th of May.

I have marked all the mischievious/stewwpid/silly people from their comments on this thread.

Even when OMT had no crude to transport from Escravos (the slave island) to Warri Refinery, the NNPC may be contractually obliged to pay them for their provisions of vessels throughout the contract period[/s].
TRASH
Re: How Crude Oil Swaps, OPAS Stalled NNPC Refinery Operations by OAM4J: 8:27pm On Jun 21, 2015
omenka:

So ashamed.

Sometimes when the facts supporting a side of an argument are so overwhelming, those debating the other side have no choice but to disappear in silence. I think such is the case of this this thread.

It is visible to the blind and audible enough to the deaf that that NNPC was under the control of a corrupt mafia who had no choice but to let go with the coming in of PMB who has no interest in corrupt riches. Only a proper probe will tell us the extent of involvement or innocence of Jonathan. But so far we know that Madam Allison Madueke hands are not clean.

We can only thank God and collective efforts of many of us change agents that Jonathan was not returned to power, by now they will be talking about selling the refineries cheaply to their friends.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Crude Oil Swaps, OPAS Stalled NNPC Refinery Operations by Etruth: 8:51pm On Jun 21, 2015
I shudder to think of the unimaginable depth of impunity, collusion and crime perpetrated against Nigerians by the PDP administration. To think some people suffering under such a callous govt still advocated for the continuity of their enslavement makes me numb and dumb. I can ONLY THANK GOD ALMIGHTY for rescuing Nigeria from the band of thieves and drug pushers PDP government. To think a collosal N970billion was budgeted for SCAM subsidy payments submitted for approval in the NASS in 2013 and 2014 makes me dizzy. This is open-eyed looting, the height of sabotage and the mother of all collusion. ALL THOSE INVOLVED MUST BE BROUGHT TO BOOK AND EVERY SINGLE KOBO RETRIEVED. Criminals will no longer find Nigeria habitable. God bless Nigeria !!!

3 Likes

Re: How Crude Oil Swaps, OPAS Stalled NNPC Refinery Operations by jpphilips(m): 10:27pm On Jun 21, 2015
kaboninc:

Who is going to give you 71 million liters of crude daily?

That is about 455,128bbls, is it too hard to find?

So funny how you shamelessly echoed the same question you were asked on the other thread.

Now you know that sourcing for refining oil is a problem in Nigeria, I hope to get paid for opening your Agidi blocked eyes, ode!!
Re: How Crude Oil Swaps, OPAS Stalled NNPC Refinery Operations by fxskye: 11:43pm On Jun 21, 2015
ECOTERRORS:
the combined capacity is 19million litres p/d but Nigeria consumes 40million litres p/d which means the shortfall has to be imported and there is still need for subsidy.

I want Diezani prosecuted for the mismanagement she did

Why Diezzni only? What about GEJ? Because Diezani wouldn't have been able to do such if Morally Bankrupt GEJ wasn't involved. Even Barcanista should be among as well

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Sectional Appointment: Buhari's Attempt To Deceive Nigerians / Governor Obaseki Picks Trash As He Joins Edo Youths To Cleanup The State / Senate President: Block Votes Unlikely As PDP Senators Split

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.