Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,794 members, 7,806,197 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 12:53 PM

First Nigerian Family To Reach The North-Pole!: (photos) - Travel (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / First Nigerian Family To Reach The North-Pole!: (photos) (47590 Views)

Ogbonnaya Kanu: First Nigerian Biker To Ride From Lagos, Nigeria To Austria / Man Teaches His Daughter How To Drive In Kano As They Crash Into A Pole / Jeep Hangs On An Electric Pole In Kano After Horrible Accident. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: First Nigerian Family To Reach The North-Pole!: (photos) by drstan(m): 10:38am On Jun 22, 2015
ceecee0703:

well its obvious u avnt reached ur state capital.....well do i blame u, do u knw where north pole is? of course u dont.
dat is why whites seem better than us,cos they celebrate success n achievement bt a broke ass black stationary unmoving travelless underachieving dude like u cant see success nor understand achievement...
when I saw ur comment I went straight to ur profile read your post and I SMH.

ceecee0703:
friends my name is Chibuikem i stay in portharcourt am a graduate of Geology from Nnamdi Azikiwe universty Awka. Am a writer, a stage actor (atleast i was) and am good with computer.please i need a job that match my skill, qualification or non. i wont mind.....please am not being desperate but i sincerely need to do something ....thank you friends for helping am eternally grateful.

umehchisom87@yahoo.com
in this life is only God and our character that will take us to places, we don't know who will help us 2maro, in anything we do let be humble because God hate. pride . my 1cent
Re: First Nigerian Family To Reach The North-Pole!: (photos) by ceecee0703(m): 11:03am On Jun 22, 2015
Onozztins:

People of that area" means I.know how they behave, "lipsealed" means I wouldnt wanna go in details ..."Willie is working" is a common.saying most peeps in Anambra complete.their statement with,( either good or bad)..

Patience is a virtue...Try to understand people before quoting them...Pained?I dont let trival issues bother me,na U d thing pepper,if not U 4 no quote me..

well gudmorning,am jus tempted to quote you again bt seriously i dont understand a jack of what u wrote....am jus saying, u write on public site so be alittle bit more expository cos, no one can understand wot u hav in ur mind except u explain it nicely. moreso thank you for helping me keep awake....nice knwing you....i av a paper presentation today, thanks again.
Re: First Nigerian Family To Reach The North-Pole!: (photos) by jeoprince250(m): 11:14am On Jun 22, 2015
ceecee0703:

well its obvious u avnt reached ur state capital.....well do i blame u, do u knw where north pole is? of course u dont.
dat is why whites seem better than us,cos they celebrate success n achievement bt a broke ass black stationary unmoving travelless underachieving dude like u cant see success nor understand achievement...
hahahahaha, u wicked oo

1 Like

Re: First Nigerian Family To Reach The North-Pole!: (photos) by ceecee0703(m): 11:19am On Jun 22, 2015
drstan:
when I saw ur comment I went straight to ur profile read your post and I SMH.

in this life is only God and our character that will take us to places, we don't know who will help us 2maro, in anything we do let be humble because God hate. pride . my 1cent

check how much it costs to attend PFTI college bro....i attended unizik with great grades infact excelent went to PEFTI college did nice theatre diplomas some place out side nigeria not so far though......blew up ma c.v alittle in my chat with d lady though but if u read down u will understand that i am working with a moderate pay in a lebanese company as a field manager...thus jus finished a soil inspection paper presentation....needed a job badly then cos the worst ppl on earth to wrk with are lebanese....thank you....i dont mean to be proud hope u get
Re: First Nigerian Family To Reach The North-Pole!: (photos) by Nobody: 11:37am On Jun 22, 2015
Fantastic!! cool
Re: First Nigerian Family To Reach The North-Pole!: (photos) by Unojo: 11:50am On Jun 22, 2015
who remained to reach North East pole Maiduguri
Re: First Nigerian Family To Reach The North-Pole!: (photos) by Graccccccccy(f): 11:59am On Jun 22, 2015
My question is.... Did you see father Christmas?? Cause what we were been told was that he's from Northpole undecided

1 Like

Re: First Nigerian Family To Reach The North-Pole!: (photos) by Nobody: 2:32pm On Jun 22, 2015
So what should I do?
Re: First Nigerian Family To Reach The North-Pole!: (photos) by drstan(m): 2:41pm On Jun 22, 2015
ceecee0703:

check how much it costs to attend PFTI college bro....i attended unizik with great grades infact excelent went to PEFTI college did nice theatre diplomas some place out side nigeria not so far though......blew up ma c.v alittle in my chat with d lady though but if u read down u will understand that i am working with a moderate pay in a lebanese company as a field manager...thus jus finished a soil inspection paper presentation....needed a job badly then cos the worst ppl on earth to wrk with are lebanese....thank you....i dont mean to be proud hope u get
OK, I understand now..
Re: First Nigerian Family To Reach The North-Pole!: (photos) by free37: 4:14pm On Jun 22, 2015
debo07:
Make I quickly rush do my own go NEPA pole.

grin
Re: First Nigerian Family To Reach The North-Pole!: (photos) by Rawar: 6:51pm On Jun 22, 2015
So what is next?
Re: First Nigerian Family To Reach The North-Pole!: (photos) by DisGuy: 12:06am On Jun 23, 2015
Re: First Nigerian Family To Reach The North-Pole!: (photos) by kllinxman(m): 2:24am On Jun 23, 2015
Those kids wil forever treasure the memory, i love history makers...

1 Like

Re: First Nigerian Family To Reach The North-Pole!: (photos) by KingAzubuike(f): 5:54pm On Jun 24, 2023
Following in the footsteps of great explorers and adventurers, the Amazu Family reached the Geographic North Pole to launch their philanthropic foundation Challenge 100 and remember the abducted girls of Chibok, Nigeria.

In doing so they also became the first Nigerians to reach the North Pole.

Originally Indigenes from Otolo in Nnewi of Anambra State, Og and Joy Amazu, along with their young daughters Aimee and Monica, travelled to the Geographic North Pole from Barneo today, where the parents skydived from 10,000 feet onto the ice, with Og then diving under the icecap to walk upside down on the actual site of the Geographic North Pole.

Founded by Og and Joy Amazu, Challenge 100 is a foundation set up by the family, based on the three pillars of entrepreneurialism, philanthropy and family, with the aim of inspiring charitable acts in others.

"We are delighted to reach the North Pole and become the first Nigerians to do so. Raising awareness of Challenge 100 and launching the Foundation is our goal today and this really is the first step on our journey. However it is poignant that we achieve this a year since the tragic events in Chibok and we remember all those that are still effected by that tragedy," said Og Amazu.

"We have spent the last few years doing our due diligence on Challenge 100 and laying the foundations. The Trip to the Arctic is really our official launch of Challenge 100."

It was previously thought that Tee Morgan was the first Nigerian to reach the North Pole. However she had only visited the North Pole Ice Camp, a distance of 25 miles from the actual North Pole, electing not to travel with the rest of the marathon runners to complete the journey to the Geographic North Pole.

The Amazu family however travelled the extra 25 miles and are delighted to be the first Nigerians to achieve the accolade of reaching the North Pole.

They were awarded by the Russian Geographical Society Expeditionary Centre.

Source: https://www.facebook.com/AnambraOnline

http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/family-become-first-nigerians-to-reach-geographic-north-pole-raising-awareness-of-challenge-100-and-remembering-the-adbucted-girls-of-chibok-499693371.html
The kids don't look happy. Looks like they were forced

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

6 Strong Reasons Why Nigerians In The UK Are So 'stingy' / Reverend Sisters Die In Accident In Cross River (Graphic Photos) / BREAKING: Heavy Traffic As Damaged Plane Blocks Agege Motor ROAD (pic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.