Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,906 members, 7,802,940 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 04:30 AM

I Need Help, I Don't Want To Be An Atheist!!!! - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / I Need Help, I Don't Want To Be An Atheist!!!! (14332 Views)

'I Sold My Soul To Satan So What? I Don't Want No Heaven' - Nigerian Lady Shocks / Mark Zuckerberg Is Not An Atheist? / How Do I Tell People I Am An Atheist? Help! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Need Help, I Don't Want To Be An Atheist!!!! by jude2011: 1:53pm On Jun 21, 2015
I spoke with an atheist last month. I thought this guy was a demon but after my discussion with him, I was forced to have a rethink. He was brilliant,confident and argued with reasons. I have asked many christian brothers and even my pastor about the questions he raised. All they could say is that the ways of God is not the ways of man. One even said that asking such questions will amount to questioning God and that I will go to hell if I keep asking such questions. I did a lot of research on the questions on the internet and using my bible. There are many contradictions in the bible. Noah's ark, Jonah surviving three days in the belly of a big fish, without food,water and the digestive system of the fish went dead. Haba!!!! I also followed the post of many atheist on nairaland and I found there arguements logical and valid. I think I am gradually doubting religion. I don't go to church anymore and also, I am beginning to doubt the bible. My family is a highly religious one. My mother is a deaconess in my church. I am confused, I don't want to be an atheist but I am gradually becoming one. Religion does not appeal to me anymore. I NEED HELP, I DON'T WANT TO BE AN ATHEIST.

5 Likes

Re: I Need Help, I Don't Want To Be An Atheist!!!! by mployer(m): 1:56pm On Jun 21, 2015
You don't need religion.

You need Christianity smiley

6 Likes

Re: I Need Help, I Don't Want To Be An Atheist!!!! by menesheh(m): 1:58pm On Jun 21, 2015
jude2011:
I spoke with an atheist last month. I thought this guy was a demon but after my discussion with him, I was forced to have a rethink. He was brilliant,confident and argued with reasons. I have asked many christian brothers and even my pastor about the questions he raised. All they could say is that the ways of God is not the ways of man. One even said that asking such questions will amount to questioning God and that I will go to hell if I keep asking such questions. I did a lot of research on the questions on the internet and using my bible. There are many contradictions in the bible. Noah's ark, Jonah surviving three days in the belly of a big fish, without food,water and the digestive system of the fish went dead. Haba!!!! I also followed the post of many atheist on nairaland and I found there arguements logical and valid. I think I am gradually doubting religion. I don't go to church anymore and also, I am beginning to doubt the bible. My family is a highly religious one. My mother is a deaconess in my church. I am confused, I don't want to be an atheist but I am gradually becoming one. Religion does not appeal to me anymore. I NEED HELP, I DON'T WANT TO BE AN ATHEIST.

Religion have no shroud of evidence ever by researches done to support and prove the idea.
It Is not news anymore that all religions are man made. Not that there was this monster like creature that spoke from outer space and actually said
"Hee am god worship me'
The whole stories and claims of all the holy books are imagery, fantasies, inspirations, hallucinations, dreams and legendary. Originated and nurtured by our medieval ancestors who had no other better way to explain the complexity of the earth and universal they find themselves with other animals. They resorted to supernatural deities. Each claiming superiority over the others, claims of the truth about their god and creation.

But science revolutionized how see things differently by probing deeper into the already presupposed impossible by this medieval men.
The discovery of telescope, microscope etc changes alot of our moral values and lifestyle.

Emancipation of oneself from the shackle of the religion of ones parents is one of the happiest thing that can happen to anybody still alive in this 21 century witnessing the unraveling of the puzzles that humanity couldn't stumble upon for thousands of years.

Am a free thinkers. Am more happy and free with my life without the fear of hell, where will i be when am death, what's gonna be with friends and family and so many distortions.

7 Likes

Re: I Need Help, I Don't Want To Be An Atheist!!!! by dalaman: 2:02pm On Jun 21, 2015
You don't have to become one.
Re: I Need Help, I Don't Want To Be An Atheist!!!! by honourhim: 2:06pm On Jun 21, 2015
T
jude2011:
I spoke with an atheist last month. I thought this guy was a demon but after my discussion with him, I was forced to have a rethink. He was brilliant,confident and argued with reasons. I have asked many christian brothers and even my pastor about the questions he raised. All they could say is that the ways of God is not the ways of man. One even said that asking such questions will amount to questioning God and that I will go to hell if I keep asking such questions. I did a lot of research on the questions on the internet and using my bible. There are many contradictions in the bible. Noah's ark, Jonah surviving three days in the belly of a big fish, without food,water and the digestive system of the fish went dead. Haba!!!! I also followed the post of many atheist on nairaland and I found there arguements logical and valid. I think I am gradually doubting religion. I don't go to church anymore and also, I am beginning to doubt the bible. My family is a highly religious one. My motherr is a deaconess in my church. I am confused, I don't want to be an atheist but I am gradually becoming one. Religion does not appeal to me anymore. I NEED HELP, I DON'T WANT TO BE AN ATHEIST.

Noting new with your case bro. Many of us got to this stage. We had our doubts, confusion set in, then we became discouraged about God and the bible but God helped us to pass thru it. Today we are back and strong in our believe in God and the bible. May God help you to win. Amen.

4 Likes

Re: I Need Help, I Don't Want To Be An Atheist!!!! by Ranchhoddas: 2:07pm On Jun 21, 2015
I know the feeling man.Believe me.
Re: I Need Help, I Don't Want To Be An Atheist!!!! by honourhim: 2:11pm On Jun 21, 2015
Re: I Need Help, I Don't Want To Be An Atheist!!!! by buzquet(m): 2:13pm On Jun 21, 2015
Come n see my prophetic. Prophet Guru maharaji
Re: I Need Help, I Don't Want To Be An Atheist!!!! by indiraserv: 2:21pm On Jun 21, 2015
No! Don't be an Atheist cos there is God
But yes question all you hear and develop your own spirituality in whatever way or form you choose to find him.........While you are at it in your Closet ask him to reveal himself to you ,I find that the no one who genuinely seeks God is ever unable to find him......and not it doesn't have to be via a particular religion.....

All true spiritual paths recognise the awakening of the Christ Consciousness in man
I believe your Christ consciousness is getting awakened and that's why you are questioning your beliefs
Keep seeking! You will find!
And no am not a "Christian"

3 Likes

Re: I Need Help, I Don't Want To Be An Atheist!!!! by Nobody: 2:30pm On Jun 21, 2015
the evolutionist or atheist cant confuse me again. My God Exist. My Broda, U Cant Be An Atheist. U Dnt Wana Be Atheist den y nt attend sunday school regularly and listen to some foreign sermons wow u wil love ur life. try it
Re: I Need Help, I Don't Want To Be An Atheist!!!! by finofaya: 2:42pm On Jun 21, 2015
There are other religious books you can substitute the bible with. You can even be a deist or pantheist if you want. There is a world of difference between "the bible is wrong" and "there is no God". Don't confuse the two.

2 Likes

Re: I Need Help, I Don't Want To Be An Atheist!!!! by Nobody: 2:48pm On Jun 21, 2015
jude2011:

That's how mine started. Welcome to the thinking club!!!

3 Likes

Re: I Need Help, I Don't Want To Be An Atheist!!!! by Nobody: 2:50pm On Jun 21, 2015
honourhim:
T

Noting new with your case bro. Many of us got to this stage. We had our doubts, confusion set in, then we became discouraged about God and the bible but God helped us to pass thru it. Today we are back and strong in our believe in God and the bible. May God help you to win. Amen.

So you doubted your god at some point lol. It is not easy to walk away from years of brainwash. Don't worry you shall be free someday grin grin

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Need Help, I Don't Want To Be An Atheist!!!! by jude2011: 2:58pm On Jun 21, 2015
I don't know what to do. Can I acknowledge the existence of God without practicing any religion? My philosophy lecturer claims he is a catholic but when teaching, he is so raw. He can make even a pastor to drop his bible. Most deeper life folks don't attend his lectures anymore. I don't believe he believes in God. He planted the seed of doubt in us by making lectures so interesting and full of thought provoking statements. The atheist I discussed with made me to do my own little research on different religions. I don't think I can be a christain again as I don't think I believe in the bible anymore. I am more concerned about my dear mother. She will die of heart attack, if she found out I don't believe in her most cherished bible. My question is ''can I believe in GOD and not practice any religion?''. If yes, what is the term called. Secondely, Can an atheist go to church and pretend as if he believes in the bible? Thanks

1 Like

Re: I Need Help, I Don't Want To Be An Atheist!!!! by ITbomb(m): 3:15pm On Jun 21, 2015
One thing I understand about Atheist is that they take irrelevant story and try to analyze logically.
The greatest vacuum that you will create for yourself is when you assume that there is no good.
Look beyond the frailty of the church but focus on the consciousness of the spirit of God in you

1 Like

Re: I Need Help, I Don't Want To Be An Atheist!!!! by Nobody: 3:33pm On Jun 21, 2015
try Islam the religion of truth and reason.
Re: I Need Help, I Don't Want To Be An Atheist!!!! by Nobody: 3:36pm On Jun 21, 2015
jude2011:
I don't know what to do. Can I acknowledge the existence of God without practicing any religion? My philosophy lecturer claims he is a catholic but when teaching, he is so raw. He can make even a pastor to drop his bible. Most deeper life folks don't attend his lectures anymore. I don't believe he believes in God. He planted the seed of doubt in us by making lectures so interesting and full of thought provoking statements. The atheist I discussed with made me to do my own little research on different religions. I don't think I can be a christain again as I don't think I believe in the bible anymore. I am more concerned about my dear mother. She will die of heart attack, if she found out I don't believe in her most cherished bible. My question is ''can I believe in GOD and not practice any religion?''. If yes, what is the term called. Secondely, Can an atheist go to church and pretend as if he believes in the bible? Thanks

The painful truth is obvious,there is no God. Let those who claim there is one point us to the direction of where God is. The idea of God came from people who wanted to maintain law and order. It is easier to control people who have common beliefs. On Christmas day everyone is at home drinking and eating. on Sundays people are in the church....That is control!

You can keep going to church,but I wonder how you would be able to cope with the unconscious lies being told by the pastor. In fact the more you go,the more you will become irritated. You cannot keep mummy happy without you being happy. You need to be yourself and let her know the truth.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Need Help, I Don't Want To Be An Atheist!!!! by Nobody: 3:37pm On Jun 21, 2015
ITbomb:
One thing I understand about Atheist is that they take irrelevant story and try to analyze logically.
The greatest vacuum that you will create for yourself is when you assume that there is no good.
Look beyond the frailty of the church but focus on the consciousness of the spirit of God in you

What can we expect from a man of one book?

1 Like

Re: I Need Help, I Don't Want To Be An Atheist!!!! by CaptainJune: 4:06pm On Jun 21, 2015
jude2011:

No matter how logical, well articulated and convincing the argument it will always bow in the face of experience. Don't need to say much. Google The Thomas Welch Story and Ian Mccormack's testimony. They were once atheists until.... Read their experiences. You'll find them interesting.

As an addition, there are many things God has kept from our knowledge for our safety and wellbeing so that we should trust completely in him even if it seems foolish to do so.

1 Like

Re: I Need Help, I Don't Want To Be An Atheist!!!! by sonmvayina(m): 4:11pm On Jun 21, 2015
Christain are the achetet of there own down fall by claiming that God is perfect. God is not perfect and is capable of both good and evil..it is right there in the bible..when adam ate the fruit, God is recorded to have said.....man has become one like us, knowing both good and evil..that is s very sincere statement..christains just make the claim but the evidence they are presenting is an imperfect god...come to think of it, if god was perfect, all knowing and good he would not need 2 convernant or testament. he would get it right the first time..there are Gods, but the christain story and version is solely to make human governable.

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Need Help, I Don't Want To Be An Atheist!!!! by johnydon22(m): 4:11pm On Jun 21, 2015
menesheh:

grin
Got my mail?
Re: I Need Help, I Don't Want To Be An Atheist!!!! by wordcat(m): 4:14pm On Jun 21, 2015
You need the holy spirit to interprete the bible for you boy grin

Pray to god to send his holy Angel Gab to interprete the scriptures for you especially Numbers 31 cheesy

But in case he refuse to send his holy ones to do the needful in your quest then I will refer u to this sit;
www.evilbible.com shocked

3 Likes

Re: I Need Help, I Don't Want To Be An Atheist!!!! by johnydon22(m): 4:17pm On Jun 21, 2015
If a perfect god with the ability to create a perfect world exists and has desire for you to be in a perfect world, you would have been there already.

He wouldn't need to run a bizarre incredible cruel test- the result to which he by definition must have known already (omniscient)

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Need Help, I Don't Want To Be An Atheist!!!! by wordcat(m): 4:25pm On Jun 21, 2015
johnydon22:
If a perfect god with the ability to create a perfect world exists and has desire for you to be in a perfect world, you would have been there already.

He wouldn't need to run a bizarre incredible cruel test- the result to which he by definition must have known already (omniscient)

Omnipotent, Omniscient and Omnipresence-the three qualities that murdered god

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Need Help, I Don't Want To Be An Atheist!!!! by firstolalekan(m): 4:26pm On Jun 21, 2015
jude2011:

Believe me brother, try Islam. We have many answers to your questions.
Just give a trial and insha Allah, your soul will be redeemed.
God bless you.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Need Help, I Don't Want To Be An Atheist!!!! by menesheh(m): 4:30pm On Jun 21, 2015
johnydon22:
Got my mail?

Yea bruh.

Replied

Cheer
Re: I Need Help, I Don't Want To Be An Atheist!!!! by malvisguy212: 4:37pm On Jun 21, 2015
jude2011:
bro, it a choice, you worship Him or hate Him, Jesus say broad is the way that lead to hell, many will go in there, this prophecy will come to pass, as you can see, many people are questioning there belief, asking questions, which means the word of Jesus is being fullfiled right in front of us. Jesus say in Luke:
"...when the Son of man cometh,
shall he find faith on the earth?"
Luke 18:21

You see, Jesus knows this days will come.

And the book of Timothy say:
2 Timothy 4:2-5
"For the time will come when they
will not endure sound doctrine,
but according to their own desires,
because they have itching ears,
they will heap up for themselves
teachers; and they will turn their
ears away from the truth, and be
turned aside to fables. But you be
watchful in all things..."

Science cannot explained the nature of God and the bible was not writing for scientific purpose, but it was writing on how human can have a relationship with God through our Lord Jesus christ,
So why doubting God?

believing in God help you to control your moral life, God say do not kill,do not commit adultery, do not murder, All this law is for the good of human living in peace.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Need Help, I Don't Want To Be An Atheist!!!! by johnydon22(m): 4:41pm On Jun 21, 2015
Lol bro @ jude2011 You don't have to be afraid of becoming an atheist... Just believe by faith a god or gods exist then you are ok

1 Like

Re: I Need Help, I Don't Want To Be An Atheist!!!! by johnydon22(m): 4:43pm On Jun 21, 2015
malvisguy212:
?
believing in God help you to control your moral life, God say do not kill,do not commit adultery, do not murder, All this law is for the good of human living in peace.
Lol. . Uuhm bro so if God didn't say do not kill or murder, you wouldn't have known killing/murder is wrong? smiley

4 Likes

Re: I Need Help, I Don't Want To Be An Atheist!!!! by Nobody: 5:07pm On Jun 21, 2015
jude2011:

In the collection of the sayings of Jesus in the Gospel of Thomas, Jesus says, ".........and that which you do not have within you, shall kill you"

The giving up of a religion is not a decision to be taken lightly nor casually, your very being is suffused in your religion. I have read nothing in your OP that represents a seismic earth shattering revelation as to why you wish to do so. You have had discussions with eloquent atheists and agnostics, fine, but all religions have contradictions and inconsistencies, what you must look for is the essence of that religion, perhaps you should have discussions with erudite theologians as opposed to the half-baked pentecostals who tend to nothing about the religion they profess.
Re: I Need Help, I Don't Want To Be An Atheist!!!! by plaetton: 5:08pm On Jun 21, 2015
ITbomb:

No sir.

The greater vacuum is in believing that you need to believe in ridiculous , contradicting myths to be a wholesome human being .

7 Likes

Re: I Need Help, I Don't Want To Be An Atheist!!!! by plaetton: 5:13pm On Jun 21, 2015
Sarassin:

In the collection of the sayings of Jesus in the Gospel of Thomas, Jesus says, ".........and that which you do not have within you, shall kill you"

The giving up of a religion is not a decision to be taken lightly nor casually, your very being is suffused in your religion. I have read nothing in your OP that represents a seismic earth shattering revelation as to why you wish to do so. You have had discussions with eloquent atheists and agnostics, fine, but all religions have contradictions and inconsistencies, what you must look for is the essence of that religion, perhaps you should have discussions with erudite theologians as opposed to the half-baked pentecostals who tend to nothing about the religion they profess.

What proof, what other earth-shattering proof would your so-called erudite theologians offer this hungry mind ?
More fear, more guilt, more threats of hellfire ?

Fear and guilt are the primary currencies of the religious stock exchange, whether it comes from circus clowns, con-pastors , pedophile catholic priests or your so-called erudite theologians.

9 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Pope Francis Expels Cristian Precht, BaƱados Of Chile, Over Sex Scandal / Sign Fireman Explains How God Is A Game!!! / christian book

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.