Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,398 members, 7,781,136 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 09:36 AM

Presidency Orders Sack Of Civil Servants With 30 Years In Service And Above - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Presidency Orders Sack Of Civil Servants With 30 Years In Service And Above (64784 Views)

Intensify Oil Exploration In Northen Nigeria, Presidency Orders NNPC / Ambode Decorates 555 Civil Servants With Long Service Awards / Presidency Orders Payment Of FG Workers’ Salaries (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Presidency Orders Sack Of Civil Servants With 30 Years In Service And Above by purpledandelion: 3:30pm On Jun 21, 2015
Nigeria actually seems to stand the chance of seeing the light of transformation under the new president's regime. More power and innovative ideas for him.

2 Likes

Re: Presidency Orders Sack Of Civil Servants With 30 Years In Service And Above by alphaconde(m): 3:31pm On Jun 21, 2015
Let them go home afterall they voted for change

1 Like

Re: Presidency Orders Sack Of Civil Servants With 30 Years In Service And Above by prettyboi1(m): 3:31pm On Jun 21, 2015
atiakatata:
72 year old kunu sipping monkey with pampers wey no get WAEC dey tell person of " outliving usefulness" after forging result at Oluwole under bridge before election.

Let me tell you what is useful. . .Its robots, computers and technology. Humans should be here to collect salary, and enjoy the usefulness of robots

What are you waiting for?Make the robots na...are you not a man with a real certificate? Put your certificate to use bro.

2 Likes

Re: Presidency Orders Sack Of Civil Servants With 30 Years In Service And Above by Nobody: 3:31pm On Jun 21, 2015
Still a Rumour. but its a very stu.pid idea. sai dullard.

1 Like

Re: Presidency Orders Sack Of Civil Servants With 30 Years In Service And Above by Nobody: 3:31pm On Jun 21, 2015
Hope they would be paid there gratuities and pensions...I think this is a welcome development..we need new energetic individuals into the system to move this snail moving country forward...
Re: Presidency Orders Sack Of Civil Servants With 30 Years In Service And Above by djakinwande(m): 3:32pm On Jun 21, 2015
Sunofgod:
this man wicked ohh. . . . .anyway
na how e take wicked oo shocked
Re: Presidency Orders Sack Of Civil Servants With 30 Years In Service And Above by ceejay80s(m): 3:32pm On Jun 21, 2015
We will get there soon, thank u buhari, i will trek for u from lagos to cape town
Re: Presidency Orders Sack Of Civil Servants With 30 Years In Service And Above by WIZGUY69(m): 3:32pm On Jun 21, 2015
wink
Baba ride on. we the good citizens of Nigeria are With you . don't let some Strangers from Biafra /Cameroon tell you what to do.

1 Like

Re: Presidency Orders Sack Of Civil Servants With 30 Years In Service And Above by Nobody: 3:32pm On Jun 21, 2015
Ah no go believe this news now. Till after 12hours. If them adesina and co. No debunked am.

The am go talk my mind grin

1 Like

Re: Presidency Orders Sack Of Civil Servants With 30 Years In Service And Above by Nobody: 3:32pm On Jun 21, 2015
This PMB is a joker, who gives out all these order since he has not appointed any cabinet members

1 Like

Re: Presidency Orders Sack Of Civil Servants With 30 Years In Service And Above by Ybnm4life(m): 3:33pm On Jun 21, 2015
I am smelling fowl play here, This is another means to deprive this workers of their retirement benefits... Its a no no for me...
Re: Presidency Orders Sack Of Civil Servants With 30 Years In Service And Above by Lexusgs430: 3:34pm On Jun 21, 2015
If they would not retire willingly, forcefully retire them. Good development!!!! Farming, a lovely career after retirement.
Re: Presidency Orders Sack Of Civil Servants With 30 Years In Service And Above by Nobody: 3:34pm On Jun 21, 2015
Ah no go believe this news now. Till after 12hours. If them adesina and co. No debunked am.

Then I go no say. Buhari no de reason well

1 Like

Re: Presidency Orders Sack Of Civil Servants With 30 Years In Service And Above by ceejay80s(m): 3:36pm On Jun 21, 2015
fashoo2010:
It is a welcome development bt they must be careful in given them forceful retirement because I guess in civil service, its 35years in service dat is stipulated for retirement, so if not properly handle, d people involve can drag FG to court
so make we wait 5 more years for nigeria to perish?
Re: Presidency Orders Sack Of Civil Servants With 30 Years In Service And Above by magicminister: 3:36pm On Jun 21, 2015
Wooow..... a 70 somehtingnyear old man asking people with 30 year service 2 retire.... wtf.....

2 Likes

Re: Presidency Orders Sack Of Civil Servants With 30 Years In Service And Above by ignis: 3:36pm On Jun 21, 2015
Nice one. ..
Re: Presidency Orders Sack Of Civil Servants With 30 Years In Service And Above by tit(f): 3:38pm On Jun 21, 2015
no cry if he hear the severance packages ooo
Re: Presidency Orders Sack Of Civil Servants With 30 Years In Service And Above by justwise(m): 3:40pm On Jun 21, 2015
This is funny, Buhari is 72 and he wants to sack people who have worked for 30yrs? Can somebody ask him how long he has been in politics?

So it's all good for him to remain in politics passed his retirement age but not good for others with just 30 years under their belts?

1 Like

Re: Presidency Orders Sack Of Civil Servants With 30 Years In Service And Above by GeorgeAmax(m): 3:40pm On Jun 21, 2015
I laugh. Babaonechance is talking about injecting fresh blood into the system. What about himself? Is he a fresh blood?
Re: Presidency Orders Sack Of Civil Servants With 30 Years In Service And Above by Raylight2(m): 3:41pm On Jun 21, 2015
nansng:

http://leadership.ng/news/441905/reforms-civil-servants-with-30-years-of-service-to-go

you see the reason why I will never seek a government or private job/? no job security at allllllllll. someone can just wakeup from his sleep and tell you they no longer need your service.
Re: Presidency Orders Sack Of Civil Servants With 30 Years In Service And Above by oscarjulliet: 3:41pm On Jun 21, 2015
atiakatata:
72 year old kunu sipping monkey with pampers wey no get WAEC dey tell person of " outliving usefulness" after forging result at Oluwole under bridge before election.

Let me tell you what is useful. . .Its robots, computers and technology. Humans should be here to collect salary, and enjoy the usefulness of robots
am sure u ar under age and u don't have elders at home

1 Like

Re: Presidency Orders Sack Of Civil Servants With 30 Years In Service And Above by Raylight2(m): 3:42pm On Jun 21, 2015
anyway sha... that's the change we voted for...*laffs*
Re: Presidency Orders Sack Of Civil Servants With 30 Years In Service And Above by plainmirror(m): 3:43pm On Jun 21, 2015
atiakatata:

The earlier you accept this 'change' the better for you at least for the next 3-4 years.
This is a friendly advice to help ward off high blood pressure.

1 Like

Re: Presidency Orders Sack Of Civil Servants With 30 Years In Service And Above by ogawisdom(m): 3:43pm On Jun 21, 2015
Hmmm lipsrsealed and d dullard is 73 dts way above d retirement age
Re: Presidency Orders Sack Of Civil Servants With 30 Years In Service And Above by ZAMZINE(m): 3:46pm On Jun 21, 2015
atiakatata:

Re: Presidency Orders Sack Of Civil Servants With 30 Years In Service And Above by NovusHomo(m): 3:47pm On Jun 21, 2015
bewla:
when am i gona do what i gat to do

You asking me, nigga?!
Re: Presidency Orders Sack Of Civil Servants With 30 Years In Service And Above by AreaFada2: 3:48pm On Jun 21, 2015
SUBMARINE:
Some electorates wey shout CHANGE are about to cry. grin

Hahaha.

If you enlisted in civil service even just after GMB was already overthrown, you may now have to go.

I told them how GMB sacked civil servants then, including relatives, they didn't want to hear. They said he would create jobs. Lol.

GMB wants to continue sacking where he stopped last time. Hahaha.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Presidency Orders Sack Of Civil Servants With 30 Years In Service And Above by urchmanx(m): 3:48pm On Jun 21, 2015
Lol. I wonder how some people think. Civil servants are the hardest set of employers to sack and retire with just a memo. This news is fake and I didn't believe it. Those of you shouting it's a good development. How does broking the law serves as doing things the right way. The law that establish the civil service commission clearly stated the rule for retirement either by age or service year. And those find to be corrupt must go through the disciplinary committee.
You can't retire people to creat jobs. Have you thought of the over head cost of such action. You have to pay this guys their benefits and still pay them pension. Which one is cost effective and the will still go with their years of experience and expertise. They will still be reappointed as consultants and adhoc stuffs because of the experience.
PMB should creat more jobs and didn't mess with people's life because it will come back to hurt him later. When you hear soldier come soldier go barracks still remain. An the civil servants be the barracks. They are the continuity of government and the have strong law backing them that no one have succeeding in messing with them

5 Likes

Re: Presidency Orders Sack Of Civil Servants With 30 Years In Service And Above by eliwa47(m): 3:50pm On Jun 21, 2015
Sunofgod:
this man wicked ohh. . . .
sunofgod, its not wickedness, there are a lot of young blood out there who are productive, but all these old men r there doing nothing, its the change we are talking abt bro.
Re: Presidency Orders Sack Of Civil Servants With 30 Years In Service And Above by Madeu(m): 3:50pm On Jun 21, 2015
justwise:
This is funny, Buhari is 72 and he wants to sack people who have worked for 30yrs? Can somebody ask him how long he has been in politics?

So it's all good for him to remain in politics passed his retirement age but not good for others with just 30 years under their belts?

You are seeing it from one angle. Nigerian Civil service is has corrupt as hell. Especially at that age of service, no zeal to work, keeping up to current global trend in ICT.

Why should a Parent be working over 30 years in a place, while the children that graduate years ago, with the physical strenght and creativity mind to show their potentials are either unemployed or underemployed.

No retirement age in Public service.

2 Likes

Re: Presidency Orders Sack Of Civil Servants With 30 Years In Service And Above by doctokwus: 3:50pm On Jun 21, 2015
IdiAmin1:
why didn't he give way since 2003 for a new blood to steer the affairs of Nigeria.

He gave way for a new blood in the person of GEJ and see the result. If its GEJ' s type that is d new blood u want,we are better ruled by a reincarnated Sardauna,Azikiwe or Awolowo or even their corpses if possible.

1 Like

Re: Presidency Orders Sack Of Civil Servants With 30 Years In Service And Above by luckylucky: 3:51pm On Jun 21, 2015
This is an overdue attempt, I wish baba should just retire these elderly people from govt parastatals and arrange a meaningful retirement packages for job well done having serving our noble country over 30 years. This exciting development will create more chance for bright and young people to fill up the gap.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

See What Fayose's Thugs Did To Students Who Endorsed Buhari (Viewers Discretion) / Rochas Okorocha Erects Another Statue Few Months To Handover (Photos) / Saraki And Bola Tinubu Meet At Bola Shagaya 60th Birthday (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.