Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,298 members, 7,808,012 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:23 AM

Presidency Orders Sack Of Civil Servants With 30 Years In Service And Above - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Presidency Orders Sack Of Civil Servants With 30 Years In Service And Above (64835 Views)

Intensify Oil Exploration In Northen Nigeria, Presidency Orders NNPC / Ambode Decorates 555 Civil Servants With Long Service Awards / Presidency Orders Payment Of FG Workers’ Salaries (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Presidency Orders Sack Of Civil Servants With 30 Years In Service And Above by poiZon: 4:34pm On Jun 21, 2015
ceejay80s:
We will get there soon, thank u buhari, i will trek for u from lagos to cape town

dont forget to carry yellow fever certificate o
Re: Presidency Orders Sack Of Civil Servants With 30 Years In Service And Above by adexolu: 4:37pm On Jun 21, 2015
[quote author=baralatie post=34996820][/quote]

The government does not need to review any act before it decides to retire anyone as long as due notice is served and full compensation is paid as and when due.
Re: Presidency Orders Sack Of Civil Servants With 30 Years In Service And Above by Otunbatrafford: 4:37pm On Jun 21, 2015
atiakatata:
72 year old kunu sipping monkey with pampers wey no get WAEC dey tell person of " outliving usefulness" after forging result at Oluwole under bridge before election.

Let me tell you what is useful. . .Its robots, computers and technology. Humans should be here to collect salary, and enjoy the usefulness of robots
May thunder fire you for making in cautious remarks about the president. If you have evidence that the man doesn't have the basic qualification to contest for any elective positions why don't you go to court and challenge his election? I'm very sure your miserable father must have spent 50years in civil service and doesn't want to leave the stage for young and fresh graduates who are without jobs to be employed. Useless nitwit like you.
Re: Presidency Orders Sack Of Civil Servants With 30 Years In Service And Above by Toktee(m): 4:38pm On Jun 21, 2015
atiakatata:
72 year old kunu sipping monkey with pampers wey no get WAEC dey tell person of " outliving usefulness" after forging result at Oluwole under bridge before election.

Let me tell you what is useful. . .Its robots, computers and technology. Humans should be here to collect salary, and enjoy the usefulness of robots
why are you pained?
if it is easy to forge a result by an oldman and win a presidential poll,why dnt you advice your aged parents to do same cos they are not educated.
Re: Presidency Orders Sack Of Civil Servants With 30 Years In Service And Above by Abeyjide: 4:38pm On Jun 21, 2015
is better we get someone who is older and can do the job well for the masses than someone who is a young blood that will be doing nonsense and fail the masses..
Re: Presidency Orders Sack Of Civil Servants With 30 Years In Service And Above by PRISTINEMUSCLES: 4:43pm On Jun 21, 2015
atiakatata:

Wait, guy, you get sense at all. If not for anything but for the fact that you are talking to an old man like that you must surely be st.upid. May you be cursed and abused at your old age that is if you see am self.
Re: Presidency Orders Sack Of Civil Servants With 30 Years In Service And Above by festico: 4:45pm On Jun 21, 2015
so the daura dollard is aware that fresh bloods are needed to run our economy and still contested for presidency at 72.

1 Like

Re: Presidency Orders Sack Of Civil Servants With 30 Years In Service And Above by jantofubu(m): 4:45pm On Jun 21, 2015
atiakatata:

pls who has a chain or thick rope? Dz guy no too well
Re: Presidency Orders Sack Of Civil Servants With 30 Years In Service And Above by justwise(m): 4:48pm On Jun 21, 2015
Madeu:

The human nature in me will always spring out; I have worked all my life in that area, hung around people, my authorities has always being followed( If I were to be in Senior position), I have lobbied/struggle to attained that position, now it's all gone - the change of daily routine. So, I won't be HAPPY. Just a simple human feeling you will get over it with otherlife activities.

My point is that people should be retired because they have reached the age of retirement and not because they have worked for 30yrs.
Re: Presidency Orders Sack Of Civil Servants With 30 Years In Service And Above by Raylight2(m): 4:48pm On Jun 21, 2015
whyx06:
So 30 yrs is not enough?
no o...
Re: Presidency Orders Sack Of Civil Servants With 30 Years In Service And Above by Raylight2(m): 4:48pm On Jun 21, 2015
justwise:

My point is that people should be retired because they have reached the age of retirement and not because they have worked for 30yrs.
you got it
Re: Presidency Orders Sack Of Civil Servants With 30 Years In Service And Above by justwise(m): 4:49pm On Jun 21, 2015
whyx06:

whats d diff btw 30 n 35 yrs? its better dey leave to pave way for fresh employment.... Farming is awaiting them

How did you arrive at that figure?
Re: Presidency Orders Sack Of Civil Servants With 30 Years In Service And Above by Sagamite(m): 4:53pm On Jun 21, 2015
If true, what moronic nonsense.

Usefulness is not about length of service, it is about about quality of service.

3 Likes

Re: Presidency Orders Sack Of Civil Servants With 30 Years In Service And Above by Madeu(m): 4:55pm On Jun 21, 2015
justwise:

The point is, they will be compensated. Buhari is not the first President doing this. Something similar has occurred in Nigerian Port Authority (NPA) during OBJ period. Competency is what that matters most to improve efficiency and effectiveness.
Re: Presidency Orders Sack Of Civil Servants With 30 Years In Service And Above by blexon: 4:56pm On Jun 21, 2015
If this is true..no wahala bt he must retire first cos of his age...cos he is older than all those civil servants he wants to go after all there in no civil servant in nigeria dats 72yrs old

2 Likes

Re: Presidency Orders Sack Of Civil Servants With 30 Years In Service And Above by Jesusloveyou: 4:56pm On Jun 21, 2015
OREMUSSANCTUS:
Dis is d transformation we talking abt
so u stil have little sense, i thot u have lost ur sense

1 Like

Re: Presidency Orders Sack Of Civil Servants With 30 Years In Service And Above by Panshow(m): 4:59pm On Jun 21, 2015
If he'd said otherwise, Tanoids would've still crucified him. Tanoids are allergic to good news.
Re: Presidency Orders Sack Of Civil Servants With 30 Years In Service And Above by blexon: 5:01pm On Jun 21, 2015
Madeu:

The point is, they will be compensated. Buhari is not the first President doing this. Something similar has occurred in Nigerian Port Authority (NPA) during OBJ period. Competency is what that matters most to improve efficiency and effectiveness.
pls let's face reality....he should leave civil servants alone jor....what happened to all dis politicians that has bn in power for yrs, david mark dem, regardless of their age...hw re we going to justify a governor who have served 2terms as a governor bn elected as a senator again.
Re: Presidency Orders Sack Of Civil Servants With 30 Years In Service And Above by anwo247: 5:01pm On Jun 21, 2015
SUBMARINE:
Some electorates wey shout CHANGE are about to cry. grin

I warned them!

The civil servants worked against jonathan out of hatred and religious bigotry. Now it's time for CHANGE!

Can you imagine the old Daura President calling younger folks outlived?

3 Likes

Re: Presidency Orders Sack Of Civil Servants With 30 Years In Service And Above by justwise(m): 5:01pm On Jun 21, 2015
Madeu:

You can't improve efficiency by getting rid of experienced workers, you do that by training workers, motivate them and get rid of red tapes in the system.

For the fact that somebody has worked for 30yrs does not mean that the individual has reached the age of retirement.

It is even more ridiculous to think that the person suggesting this is above 70years of age and have ruled the country before.

Double standard?

4 Likes

Re: Presidency Orders Sack Of Civil Servants With 30 Years In Service And Above by anwo247: 5:03pm On Jun 21, 2015
justwise:
[/b]

You can't improve efficiency by getting rid of experienced workers, you do that by training workers, motivate them and get rid of red tapes in the system.

For the fact that somebody has worked for 30yrs does not mean that the individual has reached the age of retirement.

It is even more ridiculous to think that the person suggesting this is above 70years of age have ruled the country before.

Double standard?

Exactly!

May you live out the numbers of your days on earth.

1 Like

Re: Presidency Orders Sack Of Civil Servants With 30 Years In Service And Above by ledaman: 5:06pm On Jun 21, 2015
atiakatata:

it clearly shows how stupid and myopic u r in reasoning
Re: Presidency Orders Sack Of Civil Servants With 30 Years In Service And Above by Rad1cal: 5:06pm On Jun 21, 2015
doctokwus:

He gave way for a new blood in the person of GEJ and see the result. If its GEJ' s type that is d new blood u want,we are better ruled by a reincarnated Sardauna,Azikiwe or Awolowo or even their corpses if possible.

You are daft and very foolish. Kindly repost and make better sense.
Re: Presidency Orders Sack Of Civil Servants With 30 Years In Service And Above by Jesusloveyou: 5:07pm On Jun 21, 2015
atiakatata:

thank God, d certificateless president is far better than phd without thesis,corrupt clueless drunkard zoologist

1 Like

Re: Presidency Orders Sack Of Civil Servants With 30 Years In Service And Above by justwise(m): 5:08pm On Jun 21, 2015
anwo247:

Exactly!

May you live out the numbers of your days on earth.

Same to you bro.
Re: Presidency Orders Sack Of Civil Servants With 30 Years In Service And Above by Madeu(m): 5:13pm On Jun 21, 2015
justwise:
[/b]

It is even more ridiculous to think that the person suggesting this is above 70years of age have ruled the country before.

Double standard?

Teaching an old dog new tricks. Waste of resources. Training people that are willing to leave the service.

Hang around senior civil servant and hear their tales about service life after a lengthy period.

Take a walk to Federal Secretariat in places like Gombe, Etiki, Ebonyi, Kwara, Ondo, Jigawa, Taraba.

I rest my case.
Re: Presidency Orders Sack Of Civil Servants With 30 Years In Service And Above by Madeu(m): 5:14pm On Jun 21, 2015
blexon:
pls let's face reality....he should leave civil servants alone jor....what happened to all dis politicians that has bn in power for yrs, david mark dem, regardless of their age...hw re we going to justify a governor who have served 2terms as a governor bn elected as a senator again.

You blame the people in the constituency. He was voted.
Re: Presidency Orders Sack Of Civil Servants With 30 Years In Service And Above by cooljude(m): 5:15pm On Jun 21, 2015
Sard:
Good move by the president. What do we stand to gain from this move?
1. Employment opportunities for young people
2. Due to their physical strength and up-to-date knowledge of happenings around the world, the newly employed ones are likely going to increase productivity of their various ministries.
It is a very stupid move. What would happen to those civil servants and their family. Reading this news alone just spoilt my day and some wicked idiots still have the guts to support this stupid rumour. If he actually said something like this, he would be a the biggest hypocrite on planet earth if he doesn't resign. I never really cared about Nigeria government but if this is true, i think honestly i am beginning to hate this government.

1 Like

Re: Presidency Orders Sack Of Civil Servants With 30 Years In Service And Above by justwise(m): 5:15pm On Jun 21, 2015
Madeu:

Teaching an old dog new tricks. Waste of resources. Training people that are willing to leave the service.

Hang around senior civil servant and hear their tales about service life after a lengthy period.

Take a walk to Federal Secretariat in places like Gombe, Etiki, Ebonyi, Kwara, Ondo, Jigawa, Taraba.

I rest my case.

Lets start from Buhari, he is far over his retirement age with more than 30yrs experience.

1 Like

Re: Presidency Orders Sack Of Civil Servants With 30 Years In Service And Above by adexolu: 5:16pm On Jun 21, 2015
justwise:
[/b]

It is even more ridiculous to think that the person suggesting this is above 70years of age and have ruled the country before.

Double standard?

From the headline if it is true, it's only those that are 30 yrs and above that are going to be affected, not those who have spent less. So are you saying those that have worked for 10, 15, 20 and 25 years are not competent enough to man the affairs of the ministry? Certainly some good hands would be affected, but truth is most of these old guys are not inclined to new technology, they keep claiming things should be done the way things have always been done. We need change. Civil servants can't be compared with political officers.
Re: Presidency Orders Sack Of Civil Servants With 30 Years In Service And Above by TheAdvocate(m): 5:19pm On Jun 21, 2015
This is an opportunity to witch hunt. Southerners will suffer this and Northerners will replace them.

Am from Adamawa sha; just saying the truth.
Re: Presidency Orders Sack Of Civil Servants With 30 Years In Service And Above by Ngasky(m): 5:23pm On Jun 21, 2015
godunia:
Lie lie news,the terms of service of a public servant as contained in the public service is clear,35 years in service or 60 years of age before retirement. This ACT must be reviewed first before this can happen. I tire for journalist these days. De wake up n spew ignorance in d public.
Actually it is 30 not 35. It is only academic environment that have the 35 years service.
It is 30 years in service or 60 years of age, whichever comes first that is used for civil service employees

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

FUNAM: Fulani Claims Ownership Of Land From Sokoto To The Atlantic / Soldiers Cut Off Man's Dreadlocks, Flog Him / School Boy Meets President Buhari, Shakes Him While Kneeling

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.