Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,282 members, 7,807,948 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 11:43 PM

Best Way To Answer This Interview: Tell Me About Yourself - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Best Way To Answer This Interview: Tell Me About Yourself (54352 Views)

Help- How Do You Answer This Interview Question? / Best Way To Answer This Interview: Tell Me About Your Self / This Is The Best Way To Answer When An Interviewer Says ‘tell Me About Yourself’ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Best Way To Answer This Interview: Tell Me About Yourself by elochukwud9: 4:01pm On Jun 21, 2015
Please my fellow nairalanders please tell me the best way or sample to answer these popular job interview question TELL ME ABOUT YOURSELF

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Best Way To Answer This Interview: Tell Me About Yourself by LaurelP(m): 6:12pm On Jun 21, 2015
My name is Adamu Ciroma. I'm a graduate of Accounting from the University of Ghana. I have 2 years experience as an Admin Officer in a teaching hospital.
I finished from Scholars height secondary school in 2008, proceeded to UI in 2009 where I graduated as one of the best in my department. While in school, I was the SUG information officer and the rep of my dept.
I did my NYsc program in Calabar at CKC teaching hospital, calabar as an Admin Officer.
I'm seeking to accept more challenges and offer real value, and am excited about this position.
Thank you.

203 Likes 33 Shares

Re: Best Way To Answer This Interview: Tell Me About Yourself by Toronto1213(m): 7:08pm On Jun 21, 2015
Awesome

2 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Best Way To Answer This Interview: Tell Me About Yourself by Ask4bigneyo(m): 7:42pm On Jun 21, 2015
hummn
Re: Best Way To Answer This Interview: Tell Me About Yourself by Oduok(m): 8:09pm On Jun 21, 2015
My name is Idongesit Friday Oduok. I am a graduate of Chemical Engineering. I have two years working experience in the downstream Petroleum Sector in regulation, licensing and operations. I did my National Diploma in Industrial Safety and Environmental Engineering Technology at the Petroleum Training Institute, Effurun and Bachelor's degree in Chemical Engineering from University of Uyo. I am a two time Best Graduating Student of my class. While in school I served as NIFES asst. Prayer Secretary and NSChE Secretary General respestively. Thank you

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Best Way To Answer This Interview: Tell Me About Yourself by Oduok(m): 8:12pm On Jun 21, 2015
LaurelP:
My name is Adamu Ciroma. I'm a graduate of Accounting from the University of Ghana. I have 2 years experience as an Admin Officer in a teaching hospital.
I finished from Scholars height secondary school in 2008, proceeded to UI in 2009 where I graduated as one of the best in my department. While in school, I was the SUG information officer and the rep of my dept.
I did my NYsc program in Calabar at CKC teaching hospital, calabar as an Admin Officer.
I'm seeking to accept more challenges and offer real value, and am excited about this position.
Thank you.
wow! This is amazing

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Best Way To Answer This Interview: Tell Me About Yourself by seyilapy(m): 8:28pm On Jun 21, 2015
[quote author=LaurelP post=34999935]My name is Adamu Ciroma. I'm a graduate of Accounting from the University of Ghana. I have 2 years experience as an Admin Officer in a teaching hospital.
Thank you.[/quote

NICE ONE. THAT IS BRIEF AND SIMPLE. ALWAYS GOOD NOT TO OVER TALK AND ALSO TELL THE PANEL THINGS RELATED TO THE POSITION YOU APPLIED FOR AND BE READY TO PROVE IT. ALSO AS A WARNING DONT TELL THEM YOU CAN WORK UNDER PRESSURE. THE REPLY U WILL GET WILL BE THAT YOUR EFFICIENCY WILL BE LOW. THAT WAS WHAT I WAS TOLD IN MY LAST INTERVIEW AND WAS CORRECTED TO STOP SAYING I CAN WORK UNDER PRESSURE. ALSO INCLUDE THINGS LIKE YOU ARE A TEAM-PLAYER, ABILITY TO WORK UNDER LITTLE OR NO SUPERVISION AND ABILITY TO LEARN AT EASE THEY LIKE HEARING SUCH.

21 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Best Way To Answer This Interview: Tell Me About Yourself by seyilapy(m): 8:33pm On Jun 21, 2015
Oduok:
My name is Idongesit Friday Oduok. I am a graduate of Chemical Engineering. I have two years working experience in the downstream Petroleum Sector in regulation, licensing and operations. I did my National Diploma in Industrial Safety and Environmental Engineering Technology at the Petroleum Training Institute, Effurun and Bachelor's degree in Chemical Engineering from University of Uyo. I am a two time Best Graduating Student of my class. While in school I served as NIFES asst. Prayer Secretary and NSChE Secretary General respestively. Thank you

PANEL: MR ODUOK COULD YOU TELL US WHAT NIFES AND NSCHE MEANS? ALSO WHAT ARE YOUR ROLES AND POSTIVE IMPACTS YOU HAD AS THE PRAYER SECRETARY AND FOR HOW LONG DID YOU SERVE?

MR ODUOK: ..............

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Best Way To Answer This Interview: Tell Me About Yourself by LaurelP(m): 9:30pm On Jun 21, 2015
Oduok:
wow! This is amazing
Thanks
Re: Best Way To Answer This Interview: Tell Me About Yourself by okooloyun1(m): 10:06pm On Jun 21, 2015
Ask4bigneyo:
hummn
Daddy Blessing hw far?
Re: Best Way To Answer This Interview: Tell Me About Yourself by Nobody: 10:46pm On Jun 21, 2015
LaurelP:
Thank you.

To add to this, take note of the bolded, this is Nigeria, you have to be smart, first of all, you should know what position you are being interviewed for,

Now, do your assignment, know what is required of the employee in that position.

During your introduction, state an experience in that position that they are recruiting for, having done your assignment, you know what is required, state some of them as previous job descriptions, use the terms in that field which are applicable, you'll have them nodding like lizards.

This is Nigeria, no time to wait for another interview, be smart!

cc: elochukwud9

17 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Best Way To Answer This Interview: Tell Me About Yourself by Oduok(m): 11:12pm On Jun 21, 2015
seyilapy:

PANEL: MR ODUOK COULD YOU TELL US WHAT NIFES AND NSCHE MEANS? ALSO WHAT ARE YOUR ROLES AND POSTIVE IMPACTS YOU HAD AS THE PRAYER SECRETARY AND FOR HOW LONG DID YOU SERVE?
MR ODUOK: ..............

NIFES - Nigeria Fellowship of Evangelical Students. NSChE - Nigerian Society of Chemical Engineers. Generally I played a prominent role as a team player in both offices to achieve the overall Organisation goals. Specifically: In NIFES I fostered the growth and stability of members through constant praying for their need, of which I ran a prayer box that enabled them tender their needs. Then in NSChE, I uphold the integrity of the organiztion' Constitution that was under attack at the period. I served for a duration of one session each

3 Likes

Re: Best Way To Answer This Interview: Tell Me About Yourself by Jsomething: 6:02am On Jun 22, 2015
LaurelP:
Thank you.

1 Like

Re: Best Way To Answer This Interview: Tell Me About Yourself by Ask4bigneyo(m): 10:06am On Jun 22, 2015
okooloyun1:
Daddy Blessing hw far?
Daddy Chidinma....i dey ooo

3 Likes

Re: Best Way To Answer This Interview: Tell Me About Yourself by dlex21(m): 11:06am On Jun 22, 2015
What if you are applying for an entry level position in which you don't have any experience

2 Likes

Re: Best Way To Answer This Interview: Tell Me About Yourself by oyin01(m): 12:16pm On Jun 22, 2015
2. Tell us about yourself.

Bad answer: "I graduated four years ago from the University of Ibadan, with a Bachelor's degree in Biology – but I decided that wasn't the right path for me. I switched gears and started volunteering with a local liquor company as an admin. Then I went on to work in another . After that, I took a few months off to travel. Finally, I came back to start working again. And now, here I am, looking for a more challenging Job.

Instead of giving a chronological work history, focus on your strengths and how they pertain to the role. If possible, illustrate with examples.

Good answer:[b][/b] "I'm a very energetic and well-rounded person who can follow instructions well. I'm a good communicator and team player. At the last department I was with, I initiated advanced medic classes for the officers who were interested in learning new first-aid techniques. It had such a positive impact that they are offering the same course again this year."

Now that is a better answer.

10 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Best Way To Answer This Interview: Tell Me About Yourself by adorablepepple(f): 12:17pm On Jun 22, 2015
undecided just return the question like a proper Nigerian guy.
Interviewer: tell me about yourself
You: grin tell me about yourself grin

6 Likes

Re: Best Way To Answer This Interview: Tell Me About Yourself by Okijajuju1(m): 12:17pm On Jun 22, 2015
Answer.. My Name is Okija Juju, No relation.. cool

Graduate of Alternative Medicine and Supernatural Sciences from the University of Philladelphia in the United States of America.

I have over 10 years experience in alternative medicine, herbology and Superspiritual warfare technology from the Okija Spiritual Company Nigeria Limited where I worked for the first 4 years as an Apprentice Spiritual Engineer in our Herbology department before graduating to our Political Warfare and Fortification department as the Head Engineer in charge. I have worked with various advanced softwares like Otumokpo, Odeshi Version 3.2 and even foreign Softwares like Magun 2.2 amongst others.

I have worked on Various Projects including the 2011 election campaigns, Osisi Kan Nkwu failed project and more.

My expected salary range is 1.5 million and two black fowl and kolanut a month.

Thanks.

73 Likes 19 Shares

Re: Best Way To Answer This Interview: Tell Me About Yourself by yuzjet(m): 12:17pm On Jun 22, 2015
Kul
Re: Best Way To Answer This Interview: Tell Me About Yourself by obinna2nv(m): 12:18pm On Jun 22, 2015
I'll be like, Mean first of all (go down low) am a Bawse!! I just want to get that across!!
Re: Best Way To Answer This Interview: Tell Me About Yourself by jamex93(m): 12:18pm On Jun 22, 2015
angry angry
Re: Best Way To Answer This Interview: Tell Me About Yourself by PStacks(m): 12:22pm On Jun 22, 2015
Just say, "Obi is a boy". grin

1 Like

Re: Best Way To Answer This Interview: Tell Me About Yourself by Nobody: 12:22pm On Jun 22, 2015
My name is gej i had no shoes grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Best Way To Answer This Interview: Tell Me About Yourself by Kufie(m): 12:23pm On Jun 22, 2015
Simply tell the interviewer about yourself. How hard is that?
Re: Best Way To Answer This Interview: Tell Me About Yourself by sahm4u2nv(m): 12:23pm On Jun 22, 2015
The job s yours already grin
Trust me[color=#990000][/color]
Re: Best Way To Answer This Interview: Tell Me About Yourself by jazinogold(m): 12:24pm On Jun 22, 2015
Spiritual answer...he that is in me, is greater that he that is in you!

3 Likes

Re: Best Way To Answer This Interview: Tell Me About Yourself by PStacks(m): 12:24pm On Jun 22, 2015
LaurelP:
Thank you.

Brilliant.

If I'm the CEO of the organisation. I'l tell you the position is taken. grin

Make you no come collect the office for my hand.

6 Likes

Re: Best Way To Answer This Interview: Tell Me About Yourself by bellong: 12:25pm On Jun 22, 2015
The question is not for you to answer what you think but what the interviewer want.

The single most important strategy in job hunting- You want to be selling what the buyer is buying: The key to all successful interview is to match your qualifications/skills to what the interviewer/recruiter is looking for.

You should only talk about some of your career accomplishments and hobbies related to the job you are applying for.

Start with the present and tell why you are well qualified for the position. Instead of giving a chronological life history, focus only on your strengths and how they relate to the role/position advertised.

Connect your abilities to the employer's requirements. Do not assume that the employer will do it for you.

Example of a good answer...

I'm really energetic and a great communicator. Working in sales for 3 years helped me build confidence, and taught me the importance of customer loyalty. I launched a company newsletter, which helped us build on our existing relationships and create new ones. Because of this, we ended up with an increased revenue of 15% over 8 months. My real strength is my attention to detail. I pride myself on my reputation for following through and meeting deadlines. When I commit to doing something, I make sure it gets done, and on time.

The example described your strength, what you can bring or offer the company and why they should hire you. In essence, tell me about yourself is referring to "sell us yourself or proof to us why we should hire you". They don't need your life history, it is already on your resume.

20 Likes 4 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

NYSC 2013 Recruitment Interview / 1.5M Monthly In Nigeria Vs 4k Pounds Monthly In The UK / What Course Would You Not Advise Anyone To Study?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.