Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,395 members, 7,808,400 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:29 AM

How To Secure Job Interview (Plus Picture Of A CV Sample) - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / How To Secure Job Interview (Plus Picture Of A CV Sample) (5599 Views)

The Difference Between A Resume And A Cv. I Bet You Didn't Know! / Good CV Sample / Important Sections Of A CV That Must Be Included (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Secure Job Interview (Plus Picture Of A CV Sample) by Benjom(m): 4:44am On Jun 22, 2015
This post shows you one of the ways to secure job interview. Once you locate a job or jobs you’re qualified for especially the highly competitive ones, apply the SAME DAY. It worked for most of my friends. Don’t procrastinate. If you wait more than required, you may not get it again. The longer you wait, the limited the chances are. Most job seekers apply for any job out of desperation whether they’re qualified for it or not. As a result, it becomes difficult for employers to open all files/CVs.

Consequently, most of them limit their screening to a certain number. For example, lets assume a job just closed the previous day. Thousands must have applied for it. Put yourself in the shoes of the recruiters, would you go through all the CVs? Your guess is as good has mine. They may just sort through the first 2,000 (out of 10,000 for example). And once they get about 50 – 100 applicants or more they can invite for interview or test, they dump the rest (off in the trash).

Very few job websites may be trusted when it comes to this. Most are dumping sites. In most cases, they post jobs a bit late even though the job may have some days before it lapses. Some sites are nothing but ‘copy-cats’. You do not know when exactly the job was released to the labour market but you only know the closing date. For Nigerians, nairaland.com (job section) for example is a good site you should visit often. Be prompt at applying for jobs! Guess you're smarter now.

Please, feel free to add any other vital steps job seekers can take to boost their chances of being called or shortlisted for interviews.

2 Likes

Re: How To Secure Job Interview (Plus Picture Of A CV Sample) by Benjom(m): 4:45am On Jun 22, 2015
TO WHOM IT MAY CONCERN
www. benjommediaoutfit. com is now (has moved to) www..com

SITEMAP
Unique CV Samples: www..com/cv-samples/
Satisfied Clients: www..com/testimonials/
CV Rewrite: www..com/cv-rewrite/
Free CV Appraisal: www..com/free-appraisal/
Re: How To Secure Job Interview (Plus Picture Of A CV Sample) by benjanjo1: 6:37am On Jun 22, 2015
Benjom:
Need a free CV appraisal? Send your current CV as an attachment to exceptionalcvbox@gmail.com and within 24 hours you'll get a response. Just work on the suggestions pointed out and you'll be glad you did. No recruiter will ever treat your CV with disdain again.

This is not the first time you're coming to nairaland with the offer of free cv appraisal/review. I remember the last time I sent my cv to you benjom and got no reply. I am becoming suspicious of most you guys that come here with the guise of offering help to job seekers for free. I'll wait and see the outcome of this.

4 Likes

Re: How To Secure Job Interview (Plus Picture Of A CV Sample) by benjanjo1: 6:40am On Jun 22, 2015
www.nairaland.com/1578704/exceptional-cv-review-free-must

www.nairaland.com/1914891/get-cv-resume-crafted-see

@benjom a look at the above threads will show that you have no proven track record of performance here on nairaland. There has been no testimony of people receiving free cv appraisals/reviews from you not to talk of getting an invite for an interview because of the cv you wrote for them. There is nothing special about posting free samples because they are many samples online and a simple google search will solve that problem. I seriously wonder what you do with all the cv's being sent to you each time you create a thread.

@All its not everyone that comes to offer freebies you jump at and begin sending stuff that has your personal details to them on a faceless forum. We all need to be security conscious. Nothing is free! Even in freetown @benjom no offence I just stated my observation.

7 Likes

Re: How To Secure Job Interview (Plus Picture Of A CV Sample) by chinae(m): 7:52am On Jun 22, 2015
Benjom:
Need a free CV appraisal? Send your current CV as an attachment to exceptionalcvbox@gmail.com and within 24 hours you'll get a response. Just work on the suggestions pointed out and you'll be glad you did. No recruiter will ever treat your CV with disdain again.

I sent my resume some time last year to you for review yet no feedback.
I struggle to understand what you are using it for.
This GNLD pple self.
Re: How To Secure Job Interview (Plus Picture Of A CV Sample) by chinae(m): 7:55am On Jun 22, 2015
Benjom:
This post shows you one of the ways to secure job interview. Once you locate a job or jobs you’re qualified for especially the highly competitive ones, apply the SAME DAY. It worked for most of my friends. Don’t procrastinate. If you wait more than required, you may not get it again. The longer you wait, the limited the chances are. Most job seekers apply for any job out of desperation whether they’re qualified for it or not. As a result, it becomes difficult for employers to open all files/CVs.

Consequently, most of them limit their screening to a certain number. For example, lets assume a job just closed the previous day. Thousands must have applied for it. Put yourself in the shoes of the recruiters, would you go through all the CVs? Your guess is as good has mine. They may just sort through the first 2,000 (out of 10,000 for example). And once they get about 50 – 100 applicants or more they can invite for interview or test, they dump the rest (off in the trash).

Very few job websites may be trusted when it comes to this. Most are dumping sites. In most cases, they post jobs a bit late even though the job may have some days before it lapses. Some sites are nothing but ‘copy-cats’. You do not know when exactly the job was released to the labour market but you only know the closing date. For Nigerians, nairaland.com (job section) for example is a good site you should visit often. Be prompt at applying for jobs! Guess you're smarter now.

Please, feel free to add any other vital steps job seekers can take to boost their chances of being called or shortlisted for interviews.

Please can i get a sample if this on my mail? any but preferably in MS Word.
o.chine@yahoo.com
Re: How To Secure Job Interview (Plus Picture Of A CV Sample) by Nobody: 8:54am On Jun 22, 2015
I also once sent my cv to you and no reply till now, I wonder what help you claim to be rendering o
Re: How To Secure Job Interview (Plus Picture Of A CV Sample) by Visocrate(m): 9:42am On Jun 22, 2015
CV scanned
Re: How To Secure Job Interview (Plus Picture Of A CV Sample) by olankam: 9:56am On Jun 22, 2015
pls, send me the sample @olatunji.kamaldeen@yahoo.com
Re: How To Secure Job Interview (Plus Picture Of A CV Sample) by Teal: 10:31am On Jun 22, 2015
I had my CV arranged exactly like this before.....which has worked to get interviewed in the past but of recent, I did an exam with Zenith bank and I was strongly corrected that education background should come before work experience....... Tho he said that is because in the job requirements, they specified grade and age limit..... So the 1st thing they wanna see is the school you finished from and also education background as far as primary school cos they use that to calculate your real age..... So I will say, get this format but always still edit your CV according to the requirements of the position being applied for.

1 Like

Re: How To Secure Job Interview (Plus Picture Of A CV Sample) by Damfostopper(m): 11:38am On Jun 22, 2015
OP....Hw many times r we gonna send before u reply....dis is ur 3rd thread concerning dis...if u cant help...kindly find a chair and sit at d road side

1 Like

Re: How To Secure Job Interview (Plus Picture Of A CV Sample) by pbs4real(m): 2:28pm On Jun 22, 2015
Oga kindly help me send a sample to craigjemelz@gmail.com. . . .tnx in anti.
Re: How To Secure Job Interview (Plus Picture Of A CV Sample) by Bontia(m): 8:49pm On Jul 13, 2015
NICE
Re: How To Secure Job Interview (Plus Picture Of A CV Sample) by sherifyoz: 10:41pm On Jul 13, 2015
Re: How To Secure Job Interview (Plus Picture Of A CV Sample) by 12stinep(m): 2:56pm On Sep 03, 2020

(1) (Reply)

N-power Daily News And Update / West African Examinations Council (WAEC) Massive Recruitment / Technical Drawing & Literature Teachers Wanted

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.