Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,896 members, 7,802,885 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 01:34 AM

Photo: Soldier Helps Little Girl Wear Her Sandals In Sokoto - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Photo: Soldier Helps Little Girl Wear Her Sandals In Sokoto (56965 Views)

Soldier Helps Woman Give Birth After Fleeing Her Village Over Boko Haram. Photo / PHOTO: Soldier Killed By Boko Haram / Y Did This Pretty Girl Wear Revealing Clothes Without Bra To See Pope? She Said: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Photo: Soldier Helps Little Girl Wear Her Sandals In Sokoto by WINDSOW(m): 11:56am On Jun 22, 2015
raayah:
Whaat? This Soldier is not a man. He is a woman-wrapper. How dare he bend down and Fix a child's shoe? That is a woman's job. Women take care of the children.

He should be removed from the Army.

If he wants to be feminine. He should go to America and hangout with the gays.

/sarcasm
@ ur pix. U look like a Somalian pig wey wana chop shi.T
U aint a woman bt a piece of sh.iT
Re: Photo: Soldier Helps Little Girl Wear Her Sandals In Sokoto by Zelex9(m): 11:56am On Jun 22, 2015
raayah:

What is wrong with sarcasm?

Unfortunately Nigerians or maybe Nairalanders do not relate to the humour of "sarcasm" (A cultural thing, I believe?) It was quite obvious your post was sarcastic even with the sarcastic notation.

1 Like

Re: Photo: Soldier Helps Little Girl Wear Her Sandals In Sokoto by raayah(f): 11:56am On Jun 22, 2015
RedEagle:

It took a second read to see the "sarcasm" (in small fonts)

This doesn't read sarcastically in any way.

It is just like saying to someone you don't know "You are mad" and claiming sarcasm.

Sarcasm needs wit, guile and barb... It isn't just about saying something

So your "joke" being misunderstood is more your fault than anybody else's

Better luck next time grin

Sarcasm is "a sharp, bitter, or cutting expression or remark; a bitter gibe or taunt.

i guess we both have different definitions of the word
Re: Photo: Soldier Helps Little Girl Wear Her Sandals In Sokoto by parlevu(m): 11:57am On Jun 22, 2015
raayah:
Whaat? This Soldier is not a man. He is a woman-wrapper. How dare he bend down and Fix a child's shoe? That is a woman's job. Women take care of the children.

/sarcasm

Pls. Try. N b Human.
Re: Photo: Soldier Helps Little Girl Wear Her Sandals In Sokoto by Nobody: 11:57am On Jun 22, 2015
Genea:
hahahaha,u cant see me,d more u luk bae,d less u see
D boo on ya dp is cute
Re: Photo: Soldier Helps Little Girl Wear Her Sandals In Sokoto by Akinz0126(m): 11:58am On Jun 22, 2015
As for those folks throwing tantrum,calling the man all kinds of name hope you guys derives pleasure from it?So because he's putting on a Khaki he's not human abi No wonder they call your likes BLOODY CIVILIAN.
Re: Photo: Soldier Helps Little Girl Wear Her Sandals In Sokoto by sunnyworld2love(m): 11:58am On Jun 22, 2015
raayah:

/sarcasm

Your mother was a cow when she gave birth to you.... grin
Re: Photo: Soldier Helps Little Girl Wear Her Sandals In Sokoto by loomer: 11:59am On Jun 22, 2015
dstar01:

she's only being sarcastic, try to get the plot bro

On such matter?

Only for her to say she was being sarcastic with the smallest of fonts?

1 Like

Re: Photo: Soldier Helps Little Girl Wear Her Sandals In Sokoto by Nobody: 12:00pm On Jun 22, 2015
raayah:

Paedophile??

Where in my post did I say he was attracted to children. Do not put words in my post abeg.

What's sarcastic is calling someone a g'ay' but asking him not to bend over for a small girl ?

This right here isn't sarcasm.

1 Like

Re: Photo: Soldier Helps Little Girl Wear Her Sandals In Sokoto by Nobody: 12:00pm On Jun 22, 2015
Madam Raayah, you don't seem to get it. some people genuinely don't get your sarcasm but even some who do/did get it like myself still aren't impressed. Your sarcasm ruined the thread for me. I was hoping to enjoy the comments actually praising the act of the gallant soldier and more importantly highlighting the basic humanity in all people; instead, the first comment i saw was a sarcastic retort to a remark that was never actually made. No one said anything about the act being unmanly so why divert our attention from the picture and what it portrays to another unrelated issue?

Choose your battles wisely. This is not a thread for gender activism.

3 Likes

Re: Photo: Soldier Helps Little Girl Wear Her Sandals In Sokoto by hensben(m): 12:01pm On Jun 22, 2015
raayah:

But its a common Nigerian thought that men aren't supposed to help with kids.
where you hear this one? who pass am into law

1 Like

Re: Photo: Soldier Helps Little Girl Wear Her Sandals In Sokoto by spenca: 12:01pm On Jun 22, 2015
Bad soldier , his rifle should always be at his front
Re: Photo: Soldier Helps Little Girl Wear Her Sandals In Sokoto by Genea(f): 12:02pm On Jun 22, 2015
OREMUSSANCTUS:
D boo on ya dp is cute
fenks,dahs mecheesy cool
Re: Photo: Soldier Helps Little Girl Wear Her Sandals In Sokoto by visapayless: 12:03pm On Jun 22, 2015
wow and you are a girl? sucking has change the shape of your mouth grin grin grin grin grin grin
raayah:

I am just crazy for girls lol.
Re: Photo: Soldier Helps Little Girl Wear Her Sandals In Sokoto by Jeromejnr(m): 12:03pm On Jun 22, 2015
raayah:

I tire ooh. I find it funny though.

I guess u've learnt ur lessons today.

But look on the bright side. You've become famous for some few minutes. cheesy grin
Re: Photo: Soldier Helps Little Girl Wear Her Sandals In Sokoto by Zelex9(m): 12:04pm On Jun 22, 2015
AncientJerk:
Madam Raayah, you don't seem to get it. some people genuinely don't get your sarcasm but even some who do/did get it like myself still aren't impressed. Your sarcasm ruined the thread for me. I was hoping to enjoy the comments actually praising the act of the gallant soldier and more importantly highlighting the basic humanity in all people; instead, the first comment i saw was a sarcastic retort to a remark that was never actually made. No one said anything about the act being unmanly so why divert our attention from the picture and what it portrays to another unrelated issue?

Choose your battles wisely. This is not a thread for gender activism.

Probably would agree with this, although there was indeed nothing wrong with the post (I, personally did not really mind) it did set the tone for the remainder of comments in thread.
Re: Photo: Soldier Helps Little Girl Wear Her Sandals In Sokoto by raayah(f): 12:05pm On Jun 22, 2015
visapayless:
wow and you are a girl? sucking has change the shape of your mouth grin grin grin grin grin grin

I do suck a lot lol.
Re: Photo: Soldier Helps Little Girl Wear Her Sandals In Sokoto by raayah(f): 12:06pm On Jun 22, 2015
Jeromejnr:

I guess u've learnt ur lessons today.

But look on the bright side. You've become famous for some few minutes. cheesy grin

Yaaay!!
Re: Photo: Soldier Helps Little Girl Wear Her Sandals In Sokoto by Nobody: 12:06pm On Jun 22, 2015
Genea:
fenks,dahs mecheesy cool
Oya pls go vote for agarawu23 for mr NL and raplawd Pls mention me wen u vote and try put NLjega Thanks in advance ma boo #muah#
Re: Photo: Soldier Helps Little Girl Wear Her Sandals In Sokoto by knightsTempler: 12:07pm On Jun 22, 2015
Y'll should be easy on raayah, she was only being sarcastic. When i read her post, i knew straight ahead that she was being sarcastic, if not, only a mentally deranged person can make such a statement if it wasn't meant to be a sarcasm.

1 Like

Re: Photo: Soldier Helps Little Girl Wear Her Sandals In Sokoto by jbjackson(m): 12:08pm On Jun 22, 2015
raayah:

/sarcasm

Edit : Sarcasm is "a sharp, bitter, or cutting expression or remark; a bitter gibe or taunt. Understanding the subtlety of this usage requires second-order interpretation of the speaker's or writer's intentions; different parts of the brain must work together to understand sarcasm.
guy did u just wake up now
Re: Photo: Soldier Helps Little Girl Wear Her Sandals In Sokoto by babaireti(m): 12:08pm On Jun 22, 2015
Thumbs-up to our gallant Officers
Re: Photo: Soldier Helps Little Girl Wear Her Sandals In Sokoto by Nobody: 12:09pm On Jun 22, 2015
sunnyworld2love:

Your mother was a cow when she gave birth to you.... grin
Learn to talk to a lady wif respect
Re: Photo: Soldier Helps Little Girl Wear Her Sandals In Sokoto by Nobody: 12:10pm On Jun 22, 2015
That's my school bus!!!!
But the Sokoto branch! tongue tongue

Proudly FSC Ogoja!

God bless the Nigerian Army! smiley
Re: Photo: Soldier Helps Little Girl Wear Her Sandals In Sokoto by chinwekzy(m): 12:11pm On Jun 22, 2015
Genea:
infinix zero goes 4 23k and above y is urs dat price

I wanna buy a new phone I saw and liked, and I want to complete it by selling this one. Trust me the phone ain't a fake, you can go through the phone before transactions are made. I also have the receipt.
Re: Photo: Soldier Helps Little Girl Wear Her Sandals In Sokoto by Paretomaster(m): 12:11pm On Jun 22, 2015
Well, Sokoto is peaceful, and dia is no biggy in what he did, she might be his daughter, or any child.

How many children did we help cross d road daily, or pick up and dust dia body when dey trip and fall ?
Re: Photo: Soldier Helps Little Girl Wear Her Sandals In Sokoto by friends4ever(m): 12:13pm On Jun 22, 2015
jamex93:

na woman dey talk like dis?

u sure say u na real woman?

She is not a woman but, he she
Re: Photo: Soldier Helps Little Girl Wear Her Sandals In Sokoto by Winning123: 12:14pm On Jun 22, 2015
NewsINigeria:
[img]http://1.bp..com/-oT0t1rRUK2s/VYfY6iywv6I/AAAAAAAB0XI/nehvflqbhRE/s1600/alibaba.png[/img]

The picture of a soldier helping a little girl wear her sandals has surfaced online this morning. The picture was posted by Twitter handle @DimEmekaObasi, who made it his photo of the day. So touching. I pray Northern Nigeria finds peace again.

http://www.justyouchat.com/soldier-helps-little-girl-wear-her-sandals-in-sokoto/

Lovely. This is the kind of thing that endears American marines to the people. Thumbs up for the Nigerian Army
Re: Photo: Soldier Helps Little Girl Wear Her Sandals In Sokoto by Nobody: 12:14pm On Jun 22, 2015
mumu op...who told u northern Nigeria is at war....Didn't u do geography in school?
Re: Photo: Soldier Helps Little Girl Wear Her Sandals In Sokoto by jamex93(m): 12:14pm On Jun 22, 2015
friends4ever:

She is not a woman but, he she

lolx
Re: Photo: Soldier Helps Little Girl Wear Her Sandals In Sokoto by lomprico(m): 12:15pm On Jun 22, 2015
raayah:

/sarcasm

Edit : Sarcasm is "a sharp, bitter, or cutting expression or remark; a bitter gibe or taunt. Understanding the subtlety of this usage requires second-order interpretation of the speaker's or writer's intentions; different parts of the brain must work together to understand sarcasm.
what u posted is not sarcasm its a direct insult. ode!

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Senators Attempt To Reconvene The National Assembly. / Fashiola Blasts Jonathan Over Speech At Lagos PDP Rally / Mark Okoye, Anambra Youngest Commissioner

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.