Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,291 members, 7,807,986 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:34 AM

Traveling To Mexico As A First Timer, What I Need To Know - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Traveling To Mexico As A First Timer, What I Need To Know (3608 Views)

Join Me As I Travel To Mexico City For A 3 Day Holliday / My Experience Traveling To Ghana By Road. / Visa To Mexico Is Not As Difficult As You Think ! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Traveling To Mexico As A First Timer, What I Need To Know by j4xto(m): 12:22pm On Jun 22, 2015
Traveling To Mexico, please friend advice me as a first timer what i need to know. thanks
Re: Traveling To Mexico As A First Timer, What I Need To Know by suxes2005(m): 5:17pm On Jun 22, 2015
Re: Traveling To Mexico As A First Timer, What I Need To Know by Huane: 5:44pm On Jun 22, 2015
Try the tacos at the taco carts on the streets. Try as many different sellers as possible until you find the one you like.

Beware of Montezuma's revenge. You go rupture mess in your pants before you fit reach toilet. But maybe no problem for Nigerians there..

Learn Spanish language. They will not speak english or pidgin for you.

Plenty beach life in that country, hope you can swim. Also plenty sea food.

There are hot dry desert areas and then in the far south there are Rain forest tropical areas. Also High mountains areas.

Learn the areas rampant with murders and drug cartel violence. Be sure to avoid them unless your intent is to work for them putting drugs inside you bottom hole shocked

Mexico life can appeal to Nigerians so as to not make such temptation to do illegal crossing of the US border. It can be life risking and if you survive and get caught, Mexico will not accept you back and US will deport Nigerians to Nigeria or Guantanamo bay prison in Cuba if you playour cards right. shocked

Tequila is Mexican but rum is more abundant and cheaper there. Yes, Ogogoro, dem like to drink plenty. But also beer is common. Mexican beer is not so bad.

Mexico has lots of American influences, including many US big discount shopping outlets, fast & gourmet food restaurants and also clothing and novelty shops.

You can find the best bed mattresses in the world in mexico, because they have been making quality ones for the USA for decades now. They manufacture USA cars there and have new ones for very good prices, manufacture televisions and many other home appliances as well.

Mexican food is goood if you find the right places for it...

4 Likes

Re: Traveling To Mexico As A First Timer, What I Need To Know by j4xto(m): 6:53am On Jun 26, 2015
@Huane.. please friend have you been there before, if yes please tell me the areas where one can live peacefully without getting into problem.
Re: Traveling To Mexico As A First Timer, What I Need To Know by Huane: 12:54pm On Jun 26, 2015
j4xto:
@Huane.. please friend have you been there before, if yes please tell me the areas where one can live peacefully without getting into problem.

Its a matter of living where there are life and work or schools you need. Mexico city and Guadalajara are d two major cities & not so far from one another. I cannot tell you where the safer areas of the cities are.

Monterrey is another good size city more to the north. All the other big cities are mostly tourist cities on the ocean. Hermosillo is not so tourist oriented like others but it is a city. Desert city and it gets very hot in the winter like Sahara heat.
Mexicos major business other than drug trafficking, is tourism for Canadian and US citizens who flock there by the millions every years especially in the cold winters when canada is covered in ICE grin. Petroleum is another big industry there along with manufacturing.

If you have no clue or connections there, and you will need work and schooling, then i hope you speak spanish and it is best you start in Mexico city or Guadalajara.
There are many small cities and towns to try. The cartels are everywhere with bases in Guadalajara, mexico city, and they have regions of control like the state of Sinaloa and its city Culiacan, they have the state of Nayarit and its city Tepic. Monterrey also has cartel havens along with hermosillo.
No escaping their territory, but it is not an issue when you learn the areas to avoid and what activities to not intefere with.

If you have reliable connections there, then follow their lead. Explore is best if you have time and money. Invest in learning Spanish if you have not already. Learning from a book can be quote different from the way they speak it there.

3 Likes

Re: Traveling To Mexico As A First Timer, What I Need To Know by amattahcj(m): 4:23pm On Jun 26, 2015
Op which state of Mexico are you planning of visiting ?
I live in Qro and my wife lives in Mexico city (DF).
Re: Traveling To Mexico As A First Timer, What I Need To Know by amattahcj(m): 4:26pm On Jun 26, 2015
What visa type are yo coming with ?
If you are coming with tourist visa, go online and book a room on Amigo hostel (hotel) to avoid deportation, once you book for the number of the days you will stay, you don't need to pay online, you will pay when you arrive the hotel.

1 Like

Re: Traveling To Mexico As A First Timer, What I Need To Know by j4xto(m): 6:13pm On Jun 26, 2015
@Huane, thanks alot for this useful information
Re: Traveling To Mexico As A First Timer, What I Need To Know by j4xto(m): 6:27pm On Jun 26, 2015
@amattahc.. ok friend am coming with a six months visa, am setting my sight on Mexico city. i would like to chat with you privately or call you as well so i can get more useful information. please inbox me your phone number at christoonuoha@gmail.com thanks
Re: Traveling To Mexico As A First Timer, What I Need To Know by amattahcj(m): 8:10pm On Jun 26, 2015
I just sent you a message in your email
Re: Traveling To Mexico As A First Timer, What I Need To Know by galazito: 9:27am On Jun 24, 2016
which route is ok and safe from Nigeria to mexico without any country transit visa pls urgent.
Re: Traveling To Mexico As A First Timer, What I Need To Know by Nobody: 6:20pm On Jul 21, 2016
Please I am self employed, with a registered business name and registered company. I also have a very good account balance. I work for myself. So, hope they won't ask me for employment letter, letter of introduction, leave letter or payslips?

cc ifyalways
cc linuxcja
Re: Traveling To Mexico As A First Timer, What I Need To Know by dreaonit: 4:38pm On Jul 29, 2020
Anyone??
galazito:
which route is ok and safe from Nigeria to mexico without any country transit visa pls urgent.
Re: Traveling To Mexico As A First Timer, What I Need To Know by dasparrow: 5:16pm On Jul 29, 2020
dreaonit:
Anyone??

Right now many countries borders and airports are closed due to Coronavirus. However before Covid-19, one can take Turkish airlines from Nigeria to instabul. Catch another flight from instabul to Panama and then Panama to Mexico. Remember, you're just transiting. You don't need a transit visa for Turkey or Panama as long as you're not leaving the airport. There are no direct flights from Nigeria to Mexico. With Covid-19 plaguing the world right now, I don't know what changes countries and airlines will make.

1 Like

Re: Traveling To Mexico As A First Timer, What I Need To Know by dreaonit: 5:58pm On Jul 29, 2020
Thanks. I pray things get back to normal quickly.
Re: Traveling To Mexico As A First Timer, What I Need To Know by dreaonit: 6:14pm On Jul 29, 2020
Are you in Mexico or you know the route very well? You might be help with some info.
dasparrow:

Right now many countries borders and airports are closed due to Coronavirus. However before Covid-19, one can take Turkish airlines from Nigeria to instabul. Catch another flight from instabul to Panama and then Panama to Mexico. Remember, you're just transiting. You don't need a transit visa for Turkey or Panama as long as you're not leaving the airport. There are no direct flights from Nigeria to Mexico. With Covid-19 plaguing the world right now, I don't know what changes countries and airlines will make.
Re: Traveling To Mexico As A First Timer, What I Need To Know by Cousin9999: 10:04pm On Jul 29, 2020
Go to Panama instead. Mexican women look like El Chapo.
Re: Traveling To Mexico As A First Timer, What I Need To Know by lordswork(m): 10:27am On Nov 15, 2022

(1) (Reply)

Sir Ernest Shackleton's Grandson Becomes 1st Person To Cross Antarctica In A Car / Doing Business In Liberia / Document For Settlement For The Husband In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.