Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,465 members, 7,808,651 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:55 PM

Musings On The State Of Biafra - By Joe Onwukeme - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Musings On The State Of Biafra - By Joe Onwukeme (4089 Views)

Musings On The State Of Biafra-joe Onwukeme / Stealing Is Now Corruption - Joe Onwukeme / The Northern Domination Brouhaha , By Joe Onwukeme (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Musings On The State Of Biafra - By Joe Onwukeme by Rilwayne001: 12:49pm On Jun 22, 2015
I had hardly sat down to listen to the radio programme when the anchor’s language deteriorated and included every profanity on his lips. Gov. Rochas Okorocha wasn’t spared at all. He kept on reminding his listeners that “Okorohausa” (the name he used to refer Gov. Rochas Okorocha) is not an Igbo man but an Hausa first son on a mission to Igbo land with Northern agenda. I was disenchanted over such misleading statements and the best I could do was to switch off the radio.

My second encounter with the radio Biafra was late last month in a public transport, the anchor, Nnamdi Kalu had urged all through sons of Biafra to come back home to Aba, Abia state May 30th in commemoration of Biafran day. Someone called in and asked if they should come armed in case of any resistance from the Nigerian police, he said and I quote: “it’s not yet time for war, when it’s time, we will come out for war, I know Biafran forces will win the battle against Nigerian security forces when the need arises, we are fully prepared, waiting for the right order”. I was again stunned over such inflammatory comments.

[b] Truth must be told, nobody does same thing same way and expect different results, over the years it has always been a particular pattern, gather their supporters at Onitsha, Aba,Owerri and Enugu and start processions or demonstrations, after that they go home but not without casualties.

How will such gatherings lead to creation of Biafran state? Biafran leaders are yet to convince United Nations General Assembly to carryout a referendum in the South-east region to ascertain if they want to secede or not, yet Biafran leaders and it’s supporters are already convinced that an Independent Biafra is in the offing.

One of the disadvantages of such false hope about this Biafran issue is that the time our youths would have used in investing in something meaningful is being used to listen to Biafran radio.Very sad!
An unemployed friend told me proudly that he’s no longer a Nigerian and not interested in searching for a job in Nigeria, before the end of 2015 Biafran state will be a dream come true and he will just go and join Biafran army. Many of our youths reasons like my friend, argue with a Biafran supporter and you will realize how disconnected they have become with the harsh realities of life.

Radio Biafra has done more harm than good to our youths, they have been convinced to get ready to lay down their lives for the Biafran course if that’s the only way the Biafran state can be actualized.

There’s this Igbo proverb that says, nwata hu ebe egboro ogu, ogu a ana agu ya: if a child witnesses a fight in which the opponents are separated, the child would want to fight in the future. One who has not experienced a thing does not know what it is.

I can forgive my father’s generation who witnessed the civil war agitating for the state of Biafra but not the youths of today, what’s their reason? I wonder the kind of example Nnamdi Kalu is setting for the younger generation, to rise up against constituted authorities? When a particular government does not favour few individuals’ interest, the agitation for the movement would commence, where were Biafran leaders when former president, Jonathan held sway? Now that a Northerner has been elected the president of Nigeria against their preferred choice, Biafran state has become a mission that must be accomplished.

What have Biafran leaders done for the South-eastern region so far to convince them about this movement? As far as am concerned, Biafran leaders are not better than politicians, atleast politicians have provisions for stomach infrastructure.

The earlier we realize this movement has outlived it’s usefulness the better for us all. The agitation has done
more harm than good. With such memories of the Biafran civil war, the South-eastern region will never see reasons why this nation should remain a united entity. [/b]

Nigeria belongs to nobody but everyone, South-east inclusive.

Joe Onwukeme

www.theparadigmng.com/?p=33414&utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Musings On The State Of Biafra - By Joe Onwukeme by SLIDEwaxie(m): 12:59pm On Jun 22, 2015
U may have laid some valid points, but it's none of my concern...

With all my life, I wish they start a war...

It will be fun, watching them being blown into pieces on CNN...

Do they for once think they are ready for another civil war?

What they failed to realise is that the war will be on their soil again..

I hope they will be annihilated this time..

undecided

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Musings On The State Of Biafra - By Joe Onwukeme by Rilwayne001: 1:13pm On Jun 22, 2015
SLIDEwaxie:
U may have laid some valid points, but it's none of my concern...With all my life, I wish they start a war... It will be fun, watching them being blown into pieces on CNN...

LWKM grin grin

I don't think so. I believe they have been brainwashed to believe they are ready by Nnamdi Kanu, when actually they are not. But, you know, the gullible will always remain gullible until he liberated himself.

What they failed to realise is that the war will be on their soil again.. I hope they will be annihilated this time..
undecided

I have friends that are agigatating for this futile mission. I wouldn't like to see them die… macelliot comes to mind. grin

9 Likes

Re: Musings On The State Of Biafra - By Joe Onwukeme by Aegon(m): 1:24pm On Jun 22, 2015
Mr Op, your Igbo name doesn't legitimize your assertions. Anybody can assume any name over the internet to publish politically bent articles. Anyway it doesnt matter your type is inconsequential. Your argument is founded on two major flaws. First radio Biafra started as far as 2011 in London. So what government are you talking about? Are you deliberately trying to misinform the gullible or are you yourself lacking the facts? Either way your have exposed yourself. Second people gathering over an issue is the first step towards any revolution. The civil rights movement, the Russian, French and even the uprising of Hitler in the 1930s all started with these gatherings.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Musings On The State Of Biafra - By Joe Onwukeme by Xpaz: 1:51pm On Jun 22, 2015
Rilwayne001:

www.theparadigmng.com/?p=33414&utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter
Hahahahhaah.
when will you people get tired and accept that nothing and no one can change our mind.
if after all that rubbish that dinachi wrote cud not convince us what makes you think thwt your Ranting and this your Novel here will?
you guys can be soo foolish.
lols.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Musings On The State Of Biafra - By Joe Onwukeme by Rilwayne001: 1:54pm On Jun 22, 2015
Xpaz:

Hahahahhaah.
when will you people get tired and accept that nothing and no one can change our mind.
if after all that rubbish that dinachi wrote cud not convince us what makes you think thwt your Ranting and this your Novel here will?
lols.

Don't insult me please angry

9 Likes

Re: Musings On The State Of Biafra - By Joe Onwukeme by AAinEqGuinea: 2:37pm On Jun 22, 2015
Aside from the engrained acceptance of imperialism that I hate.... Is the actualization of Biafra no different than Nigerians who have fled Nigeria because they've had enough of the unmitigated and unending problems??

Personally I've never lived the Nigerian experience but the stories of those who are willing to chance their life against defying odds to escape Nigeria speaks to the impatience and charisma of those fighting to run from Nigeria as well, running instead to a land named "Biafra"

1 Like

Re: Musings On The State Of Biafra - By Joe Onwukeme by Nobody: 2:42pm On Jun 22, 2015

6 Likes

Re: Musings On The State Of Biafra - By Joe Onwukeme by Trut(m): 2:44pm On Jun 22, 2015
I can see that BIAFRA is given most of you guys HEART ATTACK. Una no dey taya to open Biafra thread?

9 Likes

Re: Musings On The State Of Biafra - By Joe Onwukeme by Udmaster(m): 2:48pm On Jun 22, 2015
The Name BIAFRA is giving many people Nightmare.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Musings On The State Of Biafra - By Joe Onwukeme by madamoringo(f): 3:05pm On Jun 22, 2015
Why don't all ibos in all corners of Nigeria starting from the SW return to biafra so that the sovereign country of boafra can be declared? I am sure all corners of Nigeria will welcome that, without even 1 drop of bloodshed! I mean, ibos willingly withdrawing from Nigeria and into their small land in alaibo, I can bet Nigeria will be better for it! We will not even need to waste our precious bullets on these set of creatures! Of course, biafra must be biafra without trying to steal one square cm of Nigeria including all the SS, Edo, Kogi, etc or the oil of the country!

If they try it, or if they attempt to steal the resources or land of Nigeria, then I support complete leveling of every mound of earth in iboland with atomic grade weapons! Nigeria will not even put 1 boot on the ground until the whole land is deleted of every moving or non-moving object!

8 Likes

Re: Musings On The State Of Biafra - By Joe Onwukeme by Vicotex(m): 3:05pm On Jun 22, 2015
E be like say the OP see Nnamdi Kamanu 4 dream

4 Likes

Re: Musings On The State Of Biafra - By Joe Onwukeme by Vicotex(m): 3:07pm On Jun 22, 2015
madamoringo:
Why don't all ibos in all corners of Nigeria starting from the SW return to biafra so that the sovereign country of boafra can be declared? I am sure all corners of Nigeria will welcome that, without even 1 drop of bloodshed! I mean, ibos willingly withdrawing from Nigeria and into their small land in alaibo, I can bet Nigeria will be better for it! We will not even need to waste our precious bullets on these set of creatures! Of course, biafra must be biafra without trying to steal one square cm of Nigeria including all the SS, Edo, Kogi, etc or the oil of the country!

If they try it, or if they attempt to steal the resources or land of Nigeria, then I support complete leveling of every mound of earth in iboland with atomic grade weapons! Nigeria will not even put 1 boot on the ground until the whole land is deleted of every moving or non-moving object!
chai, e pain u

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Musings On The State Of Biafra - By Joe Onwukeme by rudebouy: 3:35pm On Jun 22, 2015
Xpaz:

Hahahahhaah.
lols.

U and all ur fellow supporters dat are willing to die for biafra shd pls upload ur photos. We need a list of ppl for our snipers to give a bullet each on d forehead when d time is ripe.

U want to die for biafra abi? We will give u guys a quick death! 8-)

5 Likes

Re: Musings On The State Of Biafra - By Joe Onwukeme by Rilwayne001: 3:36pm On Jun 22, 2015
"…There’s this Igbo proverb that says, nwata hu ebe
egboro ogu, ogu a ana agu ya: if a child witnesses
a fight in which the opponents are separated, the
child would want to fight in the future. One who has
not experienced a thing does not know what it is.

I can forgive my father’s generation who witnessed
the civil war agitating for the state of Biafra but
not the youths of today, what’s their reason?". What are your reasons Can't you guys see that you have been brainwashed to believe lies

worthytalk:
I can swear with my life that the OP is a bastard as okorohausa his pay master.
quid:

The op is jealous of Igbos, as usual cheesy cheesy cheesy
Trut:
I can see that BIAFRA is given most of you guys HEART ATTACK. Una no dey taya to open Biafra thread?
Udmaster:
The Name BIAFRA is giving many people Nightmare.
Vicotex:
E be like say the OP see Nnamdi Kamanu 4 dream
Xpaz:

Hahahahhaah.
lols.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2457615_image_jpeg9f360c5ab7736510df54c882e9dbf188

8 Likes

Re: Musings On The State Of Biafra - By Joe Onwukeme by Macelliot(m): 4:18pm On Jun 22, 2015
Rilwayne001:

LWKM grin grin

I don't think so. I believe they have been brainwashed to believe they are ready by Nnamdi Kanu, when actually they are not. But, you know, the gullible will always remain gullible until he liberated himself.

I have friends that are agigatating for this futile mission. I wouldn't like to see them die… macelliot comes to mind. grin
This isn't 1967.
Nostradamus prophesies comes to mind
At the "Trigger" of a "Gun" shall arise again a man from a royal lineage..

Nnamdi Kanu is a prince....

Check out the continent with the shape of a gun and where the trigger lies...

Thanks!

2 Likes

Re: Musings On The State Of Biafra - By Joe Onwukeme by Rilwayne001: 4:28pm On Jun 22, 2015
Macelliot:
This isn't 1967. Nostradamus prophesies comes to mind At the "Trigger" of a "Gun" shall arise again a man from a royal lineage..
Nnamdi Kanu is a prince....
Check out the continent with the shape of a gun and where the trigger lies...
Thanks!
Lol.
So, when did Nostradamus become the prophet of YHWH? grin uhn?
Don't you think the prophecy might have failed during that time of ojukwu?

5 Likes

Re: Musings On The State Of Biafra - By Joe Onwukeme by SUBMARINE: 4:41pm On Jun 22, 2015
Biafra is not by force

If you don't like it, join Arewa-Odua republic grin

1 Like

Re: Musings On The State Of Biafra - By Joe Onwukeme by Nobody: 4:45pm On Jun 22, 2015
if biafra will guarantee good governance, equity i'm all in but if not, just FORGERRIT!
Re: Musings On The State Of Biafra - By Joe Onwukeme by obailala(m): 5:27pm On Jun 22, 2015
In the late sixties, Igbos were attacked and slaughtered on the streets all over Nigeria as if they weren't humans. Surviving Igbos in large masses fled back the the south east for safety and sequel to that, the independence of Biafra was announced. There was a pogrom against the Igbos in the late sixties and in view of that, the declaration of Biafran independence was absolutely necessary then. Igbos willingly fought for their survival in the late sixties and there was absolute unity because the cause was justified.

What I do not understand however is the motive or the driving factor behind this present clamour for Biafra 45 years after. Is it just because an Ijaw candidate supported by Igbos lost a presidential election, or is it because Igbos have been prevented from carrying out their businesses peacefully in other regions?

I would have preferred a clamour for true federalism instead of this senseless xenophobic incantations by the young man in London. There are more Igbos living outside Igbo land than within the south-east, if there are any hostilities between Igbos and non-Igbos in the Nigeria of today, Igbos would definitely be the losers. We have more investments outside Igbo land than we even had prior to the civil war. Yet Nnamdi Kanu calls for Igbos to attack non-Igbos in the east and some individuals genuinely think this man is a smart man? undecided

Anyway, I would be interested in seeing how Mr Kanu can convince oga Chike or Chukwuemeka or Livinus in Alaba market Lagos to close their shops, relocate to the south east, pick up arms and start fighting Nigerian military.

5 Likes

Re: Musings On The State Of Biafra - By Joe Onwukeme by AAinEqGuinea: 9:36pm On Jun 22, 2015
LOL... so Kanu the most hated?? he's only talking bros grin grin

<< --Biafra

1 Like

Re: Musings On The State Of Biafra - By Joe Onwukeme by Freelancer00(m): 9:47pm On Jun 22, 2015
The thing is we're encouraging them by even talking about it. When everybody keeps quiet, it would die down. Pls desist from opening threads like this again.

2 Likes

Re: Musings On The State Of Biafra - By Joe Onwukeme by Xpaz: 1:00pm On Jun 24, 2015
rudebouy:

U and all ur fellow supporters dat are willing to die for biafra shd pls upload ur photos. We need a list of ppl for our snipers to give a bullet each on d forehead when d time is ripe.

small boy.
the real assassins and snipers don't go around displaying their real Identity and real image.
if you real knew who i am and if you see my pic you will definitely run away when ever and where ever you see me.

1 Like

Re: Musings On The State Of Biafra - By Joe Onwukeme by Xpaz: 1:09pm On Jun 24, 2015
Rilwayne001:
"…There’s this Igbo proverb that says, nwata hu ebe
egboro ogu, ogu a ana agu ya: if a child witnesses
a fight in which the opponents are separated, the
child would want to fight in the future. One who has
not experienced a thing does not know what it is.

I can forgive my father’s generation who witnessed
the civil war agitating for the state of Biafra but
not the youths of today, what’s their reason?". What are your reasons Can't you guys see that you have been brainwashed to believe lies

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2457615_image_jpeg9f360c5ab7736510df54c882e9dbf188
there is also an Igbo proverb that says when there is no other option left to get your freedom.
every other means possible necessary and available must be taken
Re: Musings On The State Of Biafra - By Joe Onwukeme by Nobody: 3:02pm On Jun 24, 2015
madamoringo:
[s]Why don't all ibos in all corners of Nigeria starting from the SW return to biafra so that the sovereign country of boafra can be declared? I am sure all corners of Nigeria will welcome that, without even 1 drop of bloodshed! I mean, ibos willingly withdrawing from Nigeria and into their small land in alaibo, I can bet Nigeria will be better for it! We will not even need to waste our precious bullets on these set of creatures! Of course, biafra must be biafra without trying to steal one square cm of Nigeria including all the SS, Edo, Kogi, etc or the oil of the country!

If they try it, or if they attempt to steal the resources or land of Nigeria, then I support complete leveling of every mound of earth in iboland with atomic grade weapons! Nigeria will not even put 1 boot on the ground until the whole land is deleted of every moving or non-moving object! [/s]

Shut up madamoringo, try to be mature when you make comments here. You're one of the big names on nairaland and should mind how you write.

I am not in support of Biafra or breaking Nigeria but one truth I must tell you is that Igbo land is much bigger than the Nigerian politically defined SE. Should Nigeria break today which I do not pray for, we will take parts of SS whether you like it or not. Infact, the only parts we will leave for you are Edo and parts of Delta. All other parts of the SS will be part of the new republic.

Do you understand now

3 Likes

Re: Musings On The State Of Biafra - By Joe Onwukeme by Nobody: 3:02pm On Jun 24, 2015
Vicotex:
chai, e pain u

I have given her the response of a lifetime.
Re: Musings On The State Of Biafra - By Joe Onwukeme by 1bunne4lif(m): 3:45pm On Jun 24, 2015
SLIDEwaxie:
U may have laid some valid points, but it's none of my concern...

With all my life, I wish they start a war...

It will be fun, watching them being blown into pieces on CNN...

What they failed to realise is that the war will be on their soil again..

I hope they will be annihilated this time..

undecided
In your widest dream
Re: Musings On The State Of Biafra - By Joe Onwukeme by 1bunne4lif(m): 3:52pm On Jun 24, 2015
rudebouy:

I'll kill you personally

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Musings On The State Of Biafra - By Joe Onwukeme by 1bunne4lif(m): 3:58pm On Jun 24, 2015
obailala:
In the late sixties, Igbos were attacked and slaughtered on the streets all over Nigeria as if they weren't humans. Surviving Igbos in large masses fled back the the south east for safety and sequel to that, the independence of Biafra was announced. There was a pogrom against the Igbos in the late sixties and in view of that, the declaration of Biafran independence was absolutely necessary then. Igbos willingly fought for their survival in the late sixties and there was absolute unity because the cause was justified.

What I do not understand however is the motive or the driving factor behind this present clamour for Biafra 45 years after. Is it just because an Ijaw candidate supported by Igbos lost a presidential election, or is it because Igbos have been prevented from carrying out their businesses peacefully in other regions?

I would have preferred a clamour for true federalism instead of this senseless xenophobic incantations by the young man in London. There are more Igbos living outside Igbo land than within the south-east, if there are any hostilities between Igbos and non-Igbos in the Nigeria of today, Igbos would definitely be the losers. We have more investments outside Igbo land than we even had prior to the civil war. Yet Nnamdi Kanu calls for Igbos to attack non-Igbos in the east and some individuals genuinely think this man is a smart man? undecided

Anyway, I would be interested in seeing how Mr Kanu can convince oga Chike or Chukwuemeka or Livinus in Alaba market Lagos to close their shops, relocate to the south east, pick up arms and start fighting Nigerian military.
You think of investment, i think of freedom. FREEDOM I SHALL HAVE; IN BIAFRA I TRUST
Re: Musings On The State Of Biafra - By Joe Onwukeme by rudebouy: 4:07pm On Jun 24, 2015
1bunne4lif:
I'll kill you personally

So you upload a blured picture and cover ur face with a sun glass on top of the blurrness, and you expect anybody to take you serious.

My friend take a clearer picture without the sun glasses and hold a piece of paper with ur monicker boldly written on top of it, den we'll take u serious as a correct biafran soldier.

1 Like

Re: Musings On The State Of Biafra - By Joe Onwukeme by obailala(m): 4:08pm On Jun 24, 2015
1bunne4lif:
You think of investment, i think of freedom. FREEDOM I SHALL HAVE; IN BIAFRA I TRUST
What freedom are you talking about?

What is your definition of freedom?

Can you point out to me 1 or 2 examples of the captivity in which you need freedom from?

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Story Of Katsina’s Indigenous Christians / New Video Exposes How Nigerian Troops killed Onitsha Youth And Cover-up Crime / JUST IN!!! Buhari Not Jonathan Responsible For Recession - CBN

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.