Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,312 members, 7,808,051 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:00 AM

Meet The 4 Nigerians Queen Of England Will Honour At QYL Awards Today - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Meet The 4 Nigerians Queen Of England Will Honour At QYL Awards Today (37676 Views)

Omotola At The Queen Of England's 90th Birthday Celebration / Stephanie Okereke And Husband Meet David Beckham At Queen Of England's Palace / Queen Of England Honours Nkechi Azinge, Nigerian (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Meet The 4 Nigerians Queen Of England Will Honour At QYL Awards Today by oatzeal(m): 4:33pm On Jun 22, 2015
Today, June 22, 2015, 4 Nigerians will join other winners to be honoured by the Queen of England at the 2015 edition of the Queen’s Young Leader awards.

60 young people from 35 countries will be honoured by Queen Elizabeth II and the Nigerians on the list are: Isaiah Owolabi, Kelvin Ogholi, Nkechikwu Azinge and Oladipupo Ajiroba. The Queen’s Young Leader Award recognises and celebrates exceptional people aged 18-29 from across the Commonwealth, who are taking the lead in their communities and using their skills to transform lives.

Winners of this prestigious award will receive a unique package of training, mentoring and networking including a one-week residential programme in the UK during which they will collect their the Queen. With this support, award winners are expected to continue and develop the amazing work they are already doing in their communities.

Isaiah Owolabi
Isaiah co-founded HACEY Health Initiative, which helps disadvantaged women and children to lead healthy lives. In 2012, HACEY launched Hands Up For Her, which promotes the rights of African girls. The award will help HACEY develop its Women’s Health and Productivity project, ensuring women in rural areas have access to health services and training.

Kelvin Ogholi
After seeing livestock farmers – including his father – struggle to pay for feed, Kelvin co-founded UNFIRE. This social enterprise has found a way to produce poultry feeds from organic waste such as mango seeds, seaweeds etc. It costs half the price of normal feed, and so far it has helped more than 70 farmers.

Nkechikwu Azinge
Nkechikwu grew up with close family members who have the hereditary blood disorder, Sickle Cell Anaemia. After witnessing the physical, mental and emotional challenges it can lead to, she set up The Sickle Cell Aid Foundation. The organisation encourages people to get tested to know their haemoglobin genotype and has set up sickle cell clubs in schools to inform and educate young people about the condition.

Oladipupo Ajiroba

Growing up with bronchitis made Oladipupo very conscious of pollution. He set up The Environmental Advocacy and Management Initiative, which has engaged more than 10,000 volunteers in campaigns and workshops. Oladipupo intends to use The Queen’s Young Leaders Award to encourage greater respect for the environment and to create green jobs.

At the award ceremony holding today at the Buckingham Palace, Nollywood actress, Stephanie Okereke-Linus will be present having been invited by the Queen as one of the ambassadors of the awards project....

cc lalasticlala

SOURCE : http://nairanaijanews..com/2015/06/meet-4-nigerians-queen-of-england-will.html

2 Likes

Re: Meet The 4 Nigerians Queen Of England Will Honour At QYL Awards Today by ammyluv2002(f): 4:34pm On Jun 22, 2015
Great people

Great Nation

5 Likes

Re: Meet The 4 Nigerians Queen Of England Will Honour At QYL Awards Today by Nobody: 4:36pm On Jun 22, 2015
God bless Nigeria and God bless me

2 Likes

Re: Meet The 4 Nigerians Queen Of England Will Honour At QYL Awards Today by Kufie(m): 4:41pm On Jun 22, 2015
People that have chosen to stand out against all odds. God bless them, God bless Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Meet The 4 Nigerians Queen Of England Will Honour At QYL Awards Today by Airforce1(m): 4:41pm On Jun 22, 2015
Congrats to them

Queen been honouring Nigerians even before I was bless

Someday she's gonn honour me too

4 Likes

Re: Meet The 4 Nigerians Queen Of England Will Honour At QYL Awards Today by Feranmicharles(m): 4:41pm On Jun 22, 2015
Only the yorubas and the igbos

And who saysthat the hausa's are nigeriansundecided

Proudly omo oduduwa
Igbo kwenugrin

41 Likes 1 Share

Re: Meet The 4 Nigerians Queen Of England Will Honour At QYL Awards Today by kossyablaze(m): 4:41pm On Jun 22, 2015
Igbo 2 : 2 Yoruba....lol no tribal comments this time I guess.

36 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Meet The 4 Nigerians Queen Of England Will Honour At QYL Awards Today by wckabuoh(m): 4:41pm On Jun 22, 2015
Na so
Re: Meet The 4 Nigerians Queen Of England Will Honour At QYL Awards Today by oyefeel(m): 4:41pm On Jun 22, 2015
Thats Good

Coming to FTC
Re: Meet The 4 Nigerians Queen Of England Will Honour At QYL Awards Today by rockcitie: 4:42pm On Jun 22, 2015
Stephanie Okereke Linus and her husband were also invited.

1 Like

Re: Meet The 4 Nigerians Queen Of England Will Honour At QYL Awards Today by Sandydayz(f): 4:42pm On Jun 22, 2015
Ok na... Let's go there kiss
Re: Meet The 4 Nigerians Queen Of England Will Honour At QYL Awards Today by kossyablaze(m): 4:42pm On Jun 22, 2015
Kufie:
h
U can do better.U r way more bigger than this

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Meet The 4 Nigerians Queen Of England Will Honour At QYL Awards Today by Emmanuel602(m): 4:42pm On Jun 22, 2015
Good people great nation
Re: Meet The 4 Nigerians Queen Of England Will Honour At QYL Awards Today by Nobody: 4:42pm On Jun 22, 2015
Re: Meet The 4 Nigerians Queen Of England Will Honour At QYL Awards Today by Glamour09(f): 4:42pm On Jun 22, 2015
Good news, God bless Nigeria.
Re: Meet The 4 Nigerians Queen Of England Will Honour At QYL Awards Today by Kufie(m): 4:43pm On Jun 22, 2015
kossyablaze:
U can do better.U r way more bigger than this

Education is free in Akwa Ibom and Imo I guess wink

4 Likes

Re: Meet The 4 Nigerians Queen Of England Will Honour At QYL Awards Today by phransix147(m): 4:43pm On Jun 22, 2015
Wat a honor!

1 Like

Re: Meet The 4 Nigerians Queen Of England Will Honour At QYL Awards Today by Ilekeh(f): 4:43pm On Jun 22, 2015
I see my name.

The old poop isn't honoring anyone. She barely knows what's going on around her. Make the give the throne to someone more aware please.

1 Like

Re: Meet The 4 Nigerians Queen Of England Will Honour At QYL Awards Today by Benbisco(f): 4:43pm On Jun 22, 2015
With the word "meet", I was hoping to see their faces.

3 Likes

Re: Meet The 4 Nigerians Queen Of England Will Honour At QYL Awards Today by just4fun(m): 4:43pm On Jun 22, 2015
Another good news coming from Nigerians. CONGRATULATIONS !!!!!!!

1 Like

Re: Meet The 4 Nigerians Queen Of England Will Honour At QYL Awards Today by Nobody: 4:43pm On Jun 22, 2015
good one.
but this coat still dey exist
Re: Meet The 4 Nigerians Queen Of England Will Honour At QYL Awards Today by hotgunz(m): 4:43pm On Jun 22, 2015
2 yoruba's 2ibo's..... Hause will b claiming the re born to rule.

4 Likes

Re: Meet The 4 Nigerians Queen Of England Will Honour At QYL Awards Today by sammyj: 4:43pm On Jun 22, 2015
grin Great !!!Good things can come from Nigeria too. grin
Re: Meet The 4 Nigerians Queen Of England Will Honour At QYL Awards Today by Nobody: 4:43pm On Jun 22, 2015
I LOVE SUCCESS
Re: Meet The 4 Nigerians Queen Of England Will Honour At QYL Awards Today by VISTIN(m): 4:44pm On Jun 22, 2015
Thanks for that recognition, Queen.

We wish you long life. Any need to say "prosperity"
Re: Meet The 4 Nigerians Queen Of England Will Honour At QYL Awards Today by abbeycial: 4:44pm On Jun 22, 2015
who is queen of England?

easy on me o! na fasting tinz

Meanwhile,someone should inform the dude above me that men no longer judge a book by its cover.(note, i did not read the full details of his write-up but the first line gives an idea)

3 Likes

Re: Meet The 4 Nigerians Queen Of England Will Honour At QYL Awards Today by adorablepepple(f): 4:44pm On Jun 22, 2015
Hnmmmmm good for them.

But I want to make heaven, that's my dream destination, I want JESUS to recognise me when I finally meet with Him

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Meet The 4 Nigerians Queen Of England Will Honour At QYL Awards Today by temitemi1(m): 4:44pm On Jun 22, 2015
God Bless Nigeria!
Re: Meet The 4 Nigerians Queen Of England Will Honour At QYL Awards Today by missionmex(m): 4:45pm On Jun 22, 2015
May God show respect to our hustle. Amen
Re: Meet The 4 Nigerians Queen Of England Will Honour At QYL Awards Today by misspicy(f): 4:45pm On Jun 22, 2015
Op you did not mention stephanie linus okereke.
Re: Meet The 4 Nigerians Queen Of England Will Honour At QYL Awards Today by softvio(m): 4:46pm On Jun 22, 2015
kossyablaze:
Igbo 2 : 2 Yoruba....lol no tribal comments this time I guess.

mtchwww just wait n see dem...they'r just warming up from tha background grin grin cheesy

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Make-up Transformation Of Toyin Lawani's Staff / Davido’s Hypeman, Spesh Was Arrested In 2011 / Genevieve Nnaji, Uche Jombo, Ini Edo, Rita Dominic's "Girls Cot" Throwback Photo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.