Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,975 members, 7,806,849 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 04:08 AM

My Backyard Cucumber--season 2 - Agriculture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / My Backyard Cucumber--season 2 (5684 Views)

100 Broilers And 20 Foreign Turkeys In My Backyard / my backyard poultry-broilers noilers turkeys / The 4 In 1 Yam A Nairalander Harvested From Her Backyard (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Backyard Cucumber--season 2 by OLAMIMO12(m): 10:12pm On Jul 07, 2015
This backyard farm is facing 2 different challenges.........
Re: My Backyard Cucumber--season 2 by Neduzze5(m): 10:42pm On Jul 07, 2015
OLAMIMO12:
This backyard farm is facing 2 different challenges.........

And which are?
Re: My Backyard Cucumber--season 2 by OLAMIMO12(m): 4:38pm On Jul 08, 2015
Neduzze5:

And which are?
Cold climate and HENs from neighbourhood. l think the weather slow down the growth, while hens disturb the plants.
Re: My Backyard Cucumber--season 2 by malaoluolateju: 11:05am On Aug 01, 2015
Olamimo please leave your number here, if u dont mind
Re: My Backyard Cucumber--season 2 by chiefsaga: 5:34pm On Aug 01, 2015
Pls I need tips on water melon cultivation. Though, there is no much rainfall here in owo LGA of ondo state but I stil av a water logged area
Re: My Backyard Cucumber--season 2 by OLAMIMO12(m): 7:15pm On Aug 02, 2015
chiefsaga:
Pls I need tips on water melon cultivation. Though, there is no much rainfall here in owo LGA of ondo state but I stil av a water logged area

water logged land is not ok for cucumber bro
Re: My Backyard Cucumber--season 2 by OLAMIMO12(m): 7:16pm On Aug 02, 2015
malaoluolateju:
Olamimo please leave your number here, if u dont mind

Re: My Backyard Cucumber--season 2 by ibroniki: 7:05pm On Aug 07, 2015
greetings too you, please I want an advise how I can go on cucumber cultivation and where too get the seeds, thank you?
Re: My Backyard Cucumber--season 2 by jozef4links: 8:39pm On Aug 10, 2015
Hello mr olamimo....... I am interested in cucumber and water melon production. M a corper serving @ imo state. here's my phone numbers 07061355200 or 08079310045. Here's my email jozef4links@yahoo.com
Re: My Backyard Cucumber--season 2 by OLAMIMO12(m): 3:09pm On Aug 12, 2015
hello
Re: My Backyard Cucumber--season 2 by idieagle: 3:35pm On Aug 12, 2015
This were planted July 10
Re: My Backyard Cucumber--season 2 by malaoluolateju: 6:52pm On Aug 12, 2015
idieagle:
U did not attach any picture.
Re: My Backyard Cucumber--season 2 by malaoluolateju: 6:52pm On Aug 12, 2015
idieagle:
U did not attach any picture.
Re: My Backyard Cucumber--season 2 by slimtik(m): 9:59am On Aug 14, 2015
@ op thanks for sharing with us. I equally started a test run in my backyard on cucumber cultivation before I move on to the 1 acre which is being cleared for it. D threads here are insightful. I intend to use some old interlocking moulds (about 2000) to nurse the seeds in my backyard before moving them. Presently I'm experimenting with two species of seeds namely Kenzo Fi and Murano 2 F1 which I got from Agritropic office in Port Harcourt. The Kenzo germinated by the 4th day (yippee!) but I'm yet to see any sprouts from the Murano and it's the 8th day. What could be wrong? I'm also experimenting on tomato which the guy recommended Roma Savana and it has started germination from the 7th day. I intend to understudy the tomato in depth in a small scale (personal consumption) and if I get it right will have to construct a small green house. Please what specie of seeds are you using for your farm and what specie is best for cucumber. Oga jasper and Co. abeg make una put mouth for this matter oh

Re: My Backyard Cucumber--season 2 by Kalusam(m): 6:33pm On Sep 08, 2015
I am suprised on your report on Murano, mine came out 3 days after planting. Which kind odf soil did you plant and did they eventually spout?
slimtik:
@ op thanks for sharing with us. I equally started a test run in my backyard on cucumber cultivation before I move on to the 1 acre which is being cleared for it. D threads here are insightful. I intend to use some old interlocking moulds (about 2000) to nurse the seeds in my backyard before moving them. Presently I'm experimenting with two species of seeds namely Kenzo Fi and Murano 2 F1 which I got from Agritropic office in Port Harcourt. The Kenzo germinated by the 4th day (yippee!) but I'm yet to see any sprouts from the Murano and it's the 8th day. What could be wrong? I'm also experimenting on tomato which the guy recommended Roma Savana and it has started germination from the 7th day. I intend to understudy the tomato in depth in a small scale (personal consumption) and if I get it right will have to construct a small green house. Please what specie of seeds are you using for your farm and what specie is best for cucumber. Oga jasper and Co. abeg make una put mouth for this matter oh
Re: My Backyard Cucumber--season 2 by koolpapa(m): 9:01pm On Sep 08, 2015
OLAMIMO12:

water logged land is not ok for cucumber bro

Do you plant the seed directly on the field or u palnt in d nursary b4 transplanting to d field?
Re: My Backyard Cucumber--season 2 by emmadot15(m): 10:36pm On May 25, 2016
OLAMIMO12:

You know one thing ? l have my area in agriculture which is VEGETABLES. My speciality is CUCUMBER and WATERMELON.
I dont have hybrid egusi.

please i need seminis cucumber... 08134282787
Re: My Backyard Cucumber--season 2 by emmadot15(m): 10:41pm On May 25, 2016
OLAMIMO12:
Let me quickly say this. Quiters never win. Continuation pays. it will give you an edge. l completed soil preparation and sowing of my backyard farm in less than an hour (removing debris from former production, little weeding, redressing the beds, and sowing).
This season 2, we are growing hybrid cucumber from Seminis (a seed company from US). DARINA MIX is the specie.
Pictures

I'm seriously in need of seminis cucumber, please help out
Re: My Backyard Cucumber--season 2 by hasami: 10:02am On May 26, 2016
OLAMIMO12:

Before i attend to your request, tell me; why are you running away from my area of specialization ? l want to be known for cucumber and watermelon both locally and internationally, yes, yes. give reason, l can be of help

goodmorning..pls how can i utilize one acre of land judiciously for the following:tomato green house farming,cucumber and water melon cultivation.kindly advice on number of plots to allocate for each that would yield reasonable profit...i am a newbie.
Re: My Backyard Cucumber--season 2 by Tycoflu(m): 3:31pm On May 26, 2016
hasami:

goodmorning..pls how can i utilize one acre of land judiciously for the following:tomato green house farming,cucumber and water melon cultivation.kindly advice on number of plots to allocate for each that would yield reasonable profit...i am a newbie.

Go through the profile of the Op.
www.nairaland.com/2101456/tomato-production-marketing-facts-backed
Re: My Backyard Cucumber--season 2 by Me4sure: 10:59am On Oct 11, 2016
Midas Initiative Special October Promo
Midas Initiative has made farming easy through the Own a Farm Project. You can now own a farm with ease and also join successful farmers through Midas Initiative special Farming Initiative while maintaining your current job or business.
Get over 50% discount for a full set up of Vegetable/Pepper Farm
Promo offers
Set up fee for plot of farm @ N75, 000
Set up 8 plots and get one plot free set up
Set up I hectare and get 2 plots free set up
Set up fee can be paid in 3 times Installments
Benefits
Full farm set up
Earn as much as 300% annual return
One year land lease with Irrigation
9 months management
Opportunity to have Midas Food Mart market and sell your farm produce
Organic farm produce
Earn 10% commission for any referral while making someone’s dream of earning extra income a reality.
Busy Executives can have us manage their farms.
Become a member of Midas Initiative farmers’ hub
Attend our quarterly food expos and special events
Have us link you to farmers’ association that will aid your growth in this industrial.
Hurry now while promo last
Other product and services you can enjoy in Midas Initiative: Organic home garden set up, organic manure, King Humus soil conditioner and fertilizer enhancer, seedlings, farm boots, consulting and mentoring.
For more details, kindly contact us on 08091490783 or 08149449140.
Re: My Backyard Cucumber--season 2 by phillings247: 9:00pm On Nov 14, 2016
pls. can u help me get darina seeds and whats d cost

(1) (2) (Reply)

Why You Must Go Into Cassava Farming Now / 3acres Of farm Land For Sale @ 150k/acre With Documents / Maize Farmers, You Have To Read This Testimony

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.