Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,492 members, 7,781,478 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 03:13 PM

It Is Extremely Painful That I Cannot Pay Salaries - Aregbesola - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / It Is Extremely Painful That I Cannot Pay Salaries - Aregbesola (620 Views)

It's A Shame That 27 Out Of 36 States Can't Pay Salaries- Buhari / Jonathan Is The Reason Some States Cannot Pay Salaries – Oshiomole / "We Can't Pay Salaries, Imo Is Broke" – Okorocha (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

It Is Extremely Painful That I Cannot Pay Salaries - Aregbesola by tiwaz(m): 8:30am On Jun 23, 2015
The governor of Osun state, Rauf Aregbesola has expressed his sadness and pain over his inability to pay his workers their monthly salaries for about seven months now.

While delivering a Ramadan Lecture at the Women Development Centre, Abuja yesterday June 22nd, Aregbesola said his administration borrowed N25billion from banks to support the federal allocations to pay salaries but that the banks have since stopped lending the state money.

"It is extremely painful that I cannot pay salary. It is painful that I have to be in this condition. I am not helpless because I have Allah and the people with me. And whoever has Allah and the people has everything. I didn’t envisage that 400,000 barrels of crude oil would be stolen daily. But the whipping boys must be the governors and I am the ‘Chief’ of the whipping boys,” he said.

He added that the state’s wage bill was N3.5 billion monthly and that his administration has found it difficult to pay due to the dwindling allocation in spite of increase in the Internally Generated Revenue (IGR) from N900 million to N8 billion annually.

http://www.pijangonews.com/2015/06/it-is-extremely-painful-that-i-cannot.html
Re: It Is Extremely Painful That I Cannot Pay Salaries - Aregbesola by debo07(m): 8:38am On Jun 23, 2015
tiwaz:
The governor of Osun state, Rauf Aregbesola has expressed his sadness and pain over his inability to pay his workers their monthly salaries for about seven months now.

While delivering a Ramadan Lecture at the Women Development Centre, Abuja yesterday June 22nd, Aregbesola said his administration borrowed N25billion from banks to support the federal allocations to pay salaries but that the banks have since stopped lending the state money.

"It is extremely painful that I cannot pay salary. It is painful that I have to be in this condition. I am not helpless because I have Allah and the people with me. And whoever has Allah and the people has everything. I didn’t envisage that 400,000 barrels of crude oil would be stolen daily. But the whipping boys must be the governors and I am the ‘Chief’ of the whipping boys,” he said.

He added that the state’s wage bill was N3.5 billion monthly and that his administration has found it difficult to pay due to the dwindling allocation in spite of increase in the Internally Generated Revenue (IGR) from N900 million to N8 billion annually.

http://www.pijangonews.com/2015/06/it-is-extremely-painful-that-i-cannot.html
Re: It Is Extremely Painful That I Cannot Pay Salaries - Aregbesola by Nobody: 8:48am On Jun 23, 2015
wetin all this governors do with there allocation sef? is it that the federal government didn't pay them there allocation or what? this country sef na way, abeg I dey comot from this country sef, pls dont beg me. lol.
Re: It Is Extremely Painful That I Cannot Pay Salaries - Aregbesola by mistabiola: 8:50am On Jun 23, 2015
jaittofidelix1:
wetin all this governors do with there allocation sef? is it that the federal government didn't pay them there allocation or what? this country sef na way, abeg I dey comot from this country sef, pls dont beg me. lol.

You have my blessings and my regards to the president of Zimbabwe. Then you go know say some African Country dey suffer fr

Re: It Is Extremely Painful That I Cannot Pay Salaries - Aregbesola by Nobody: 8:52am On Jun 23, 2015
mistabiola:

You have my blessings and my regards to the president of Zimbabwe. Then you go know say some African Country dey suffer fr
How old re u?
Re: It Is Extremely Painful That I Cannot Pay Salaries - Aregbesola by mistabiola: 8:54am On Jun 23, 2015
OREMUSSANCTUS:

How old re u?

I'm just 35 and you Lil one?
Re: It Is Extremely Painful That I Cannot Pay Salaries - Aregbesola by marymaria(f): 8:59am On Jun 23, 2015
this man is just a total scam
who's he fooling now.
where is d allocations going cos u have paid nada since nov when u paid 40percent and u have done anything in the state for over a yr now except buying urself an helicopter in d name of security
Re: It Is Extremely Painful That I Cannot Pay Salaries - Aregbesola by Nobody: 9:23am On Jun 23, 2015
grin
Re: It Is Extremely Painful That I Cannot Pay Salaries - Aregbesola by ERODEDEAST(f): 9:24am On Jun 23, 2015
Then sell your Hell-i-cop-ta
Re: It Is Extremely Painful That I Cannot Pay Salaries - Aregbesola by PointB: 9:25am On Jun 23, 2015
Then resign, Mr. Rascal!

(1) (Reply)

APC Senators Fight As Truce Meeting Fails Again / Know The 81 Campaign Promises Of President Buhari / The Emergence Of Northerner As President Will Check Boko Haram – Coomasie

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.