Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,306 members, 7,808,039 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:17 AM

NLNG - My Interview & Confusion. - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / NLNG - My Interview & Confusion. (21847 Views)

SIWES: Who Else Got This Invitation From NLNG? / My Interview Experience With A Banking Firm / My Interview Experience (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

NLNG - My Interview & Confusion. by bluesaint(m): 1:31pm On Jun 23, 2015
Hello Joblanders,

It has become pertinent for me to also share my story here, in order to get one or two piece of relevant advice from a better experienced NLander.
Sometime in August last year, I was invited for an interview by Serve Consulting in NLNG for the position of a Project Administrator. I prepared and all, during the short notice. A friend had submitted my CV as the opening was an in-house thing for their Port Harcourt operations.
I met with the interviewers - a man and a woman - after waiting for over an hour. After the usuals of introductions I realised it was just a brief interview as no special skills were needed and from the visitors log, I realised I and someone else I didn't meet were scheduled for an interview that day although the time was different...hours apart. I was interviewed and it went well. They asked If I had any questions on which I answered no, citing that my questions are basically things I'll find out on the job. They told me they will get back to me, as it was supposed to be a year project but up until now no word from them. I've sent mails without a reasonable response until one of the interviewers replied saying the position has been filled. The friend who submitted the CV said I shouldn't bother about them so I suspected some shaddy dealings.
Abeg my people wetin una feel say really happen?

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: NLNG - My Interview & Confusion. by Nobody: 1:49pm On Jun 23, 2015
The in-house person who helped you submit your CV is in a better position to answer you.

Also, as the position has been filled, just move on abeg... Other opportunities abound. .

34 Likes 1 Share

Re: NLNG - My Interview & Confusion. by UnknownT: 2:54pm On Jun 23, 2015
At least you are aware that the position has been filled. So that "anxiety" waiting for them to call or not to call you is over. That you were two that were scheduled for interview that day, other persons might have been interviewed for the same job too whether shady or shoddy dealing

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: NLNG - My Interview & Confusion. by dustydee: 3:45pm On Jun 23, 2015
bluesaint:
Hello Joblanders,

It has become pertinent for me to also share my story here, in order to get one or two piece of relevant advice from a better experienced NLander.
Sometime in August last year, I was invited for an interview by Serve Consulting in NLNG for the position of a Project Administrator. I prepared and all, during the short notice. A friend had submitted my CV as the opening was an in-house thing for their Port Harcourt operations.
I met with the interviewers - a man and a woman - after waiting for over an hour. After the usuals of introductions I realised it was just a brief interview as no special skills were needed and from the visitors log, I realised I and someone else I didn't meet were scheduled for an interview that day although the time was different...hours apart. I was interviewed and it went well. They asked If I had any questions on which I answered no, citing that my questions are basically things I'll find out on the job. They told me they will get back to me, as it was supposed to be a year project but up until now no word from them. I've sent mails without a reasonable response until one of the interviewers replied saying the position has been filled. The friend who submitted the CV said I shouldn't bother about them so I suspected some shaddy dealings.
Abeg my people wetin una feel say really happen?
What made you suspect that there were some shady dealing? Also, next time you go for an interview, always have some ready questions for the interviewers even if it is "when should I expect a feedback or when am I likely to start?"

54 Likes

Re: NLNG - My Interview & Confusion. by prelinctus: 5:16pm On Jun 23, 2015
As long submission of cv was an in-house thing, getting an offer will also be an in-house thing. You dig?

28 Likes

Re: NLNG - My Interview & Confusion. by Nobody: 5:27pm On Jun 23, 2015
Sorry dear about this but I work with the same Project but in Bonny and not under Serve Consulting. Role was filled by the project administrator who was in Bonny. She was moved to Port-harcourt as the project in Bonny rounded up since she was already used to the role and team members.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: NLNG - My Interview & Confusion. by wroskian(m): 7:54pm On Jun 23, 2015
Op, please move on.
Re: NLNG - My Interview & Confusion. by wroskian(m): 7:54pm On Jun 23, 2015
Liciouslucy:
Sorry dear about this but I work with the same Project but in Bonny and not under Serve Consulting. Role was filled by the project administrator who was in Bonny. She was moved to Port-harcourt as the project in Bonny rounded up since she was already used to the role and team members.
Could you help push my CV?, i don't have prior experience in the sector.
Re: NLNG - My Interview & Confusion. by Nobody: 7:15am On Jun 24, 2015
wroskian:

Could you help push my CV?, i don't have prior experience in the sector.

Sorry the Project has rounded up and even during d duration of the project, most of the roles required certification(SAP,PMP) /experience as it had duration/time frame and no time to start teaching someone on the job. Project Admin might not require experience but d person has to be a fast learner (use of ms outlook, excel, word and powerpoint), then scheduling and organizing meetings/trainings/workshops, logistics or travel arrangements etc.loads of work sha. Cheers
Re: NLNG - My Interview & Confusion. by bluesaint(m): 8:36am On Jun 24, 2015
Liciouslucy:

Thanks so much. This just cleared my doubts because I was very sure of resuming with them and was suppose to work for just a year. I also found out some staff on that project are now with other companies.
Pls I'll really like to have ur whatsapp contact as there are some information I'll want to get from you pls. Thank you. I'll inbox my number.
Re: NLNG - My Interview & Confusion. by LAfricana(m): 8:39am On Jun 24, 2015
cool nairaland... The forum to sort for all answers.. brother op, it is time to move on

The next big thing is waiting for u cool

Check out www.africanwatch.net for lastest international Scholarships for Nigerians, and keep tabs with latest happenings in Africa
Re: NLNG - My Interview & Confusion. by exemen: 8:39am On Jun 24, 2015
K

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NLNG - My Interview & Confusion. by Anoruo(m): 8:40am On Jun 24, 2015
Sell out
Re: NLNG - My Interview & Confusion. by JOEmystic(m): 8:40am On Jun 24, 2015
definitely, they won't tell u outrightly that they won't employ u, but don't give up still. keep ur fingers crossed and be optimistic
Re: NLNG - My Interview & Confusion. by missKiffy(f): 8:44am On Jun 24, 2015
The job is gone, forget it
Re: NLNG - My Interview & Confusion. by LaurelP(m): 8:48am On Jun 24, 2015
Never say No when you're asked if u have a question in an interview. You must have at least 2 questions to ask.

4 Likes

Re: NLNG - My Interview & Confusion. by Seyilome(m): 8:48am On Jun 24, 2015
Thank u God, today is my birthday, wish me well with LIKE button. Thank u as u so s cheesy shocked cool cool kiss

27 Likes

Re: NLNG - My Interview & Confusion. by Omotayor123(f): 8:50am On Jun 24, 2015
Simple...

The job has been given to somebody who knows somebody who knows somebody who knows somebody who knows somebody who now knows oga at the Top..grin

OR,

Maybe they are not really satisfied with your performance at the interview.

I pray you find a better job soonest.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: NLNG - My Interview & Confusion. by jonadaft: 8:53am On Jun 24, 2015
Aiit
Re: NLNG - My Interview & Confusion. by Nobody: 8:53am On Jun 24, 2015
u made a grave mistake by asking no questions, dat job is water under d bridge....
Re: NLNG - My Interview & Confusion. by ralph28(m): 8:56am On Jun 24, 2015
Always ask a question when the opportunity comes in an interview

Questions like, will opportunity be given to me to go for my masters degree why I work?(That is to let the interviewer know that you are knowledge driven.
Re: NLNG - My Interview & Confusion. by omisakint: 8:57am On Jun 24, 2015
LaurelP:
Never say No when you're asked if u have a question in an interview. You must have at least 2 questions to ask.

The questions must be field related?
Re: NLNG - My Interview & Confusion. by mildteddy(m): 8:57am On Jun 24, 2015
Personally, after my experiences with NLNG, I will tell you to forget that you ever had any interview with them, because obviously they have forgotten that they ever interviewed you.
NLNG is about the epitome of the ethical decadence in most Nigeria owned institutions.
In my first year in school when I applied for their 'scholarship' my story was the same as yours. No text or email to acknowledge reciept or even to reject it, just nothing.
In fourth year when I just convinced myself that they have changed and decided to try them out again for internship, the story is still the same. This time they acknowledged reciept, I never heard from them again, ever!

They are known for this charade they pass out to cover the underground thing going on inside the company. Bloody Nepotist!

Forget them and move on bro. Experience is the best teacher.
(If they later get back to you, fine, but do not take them seriously from henceforth)

4 Likes

Re: NLNG - My Interview & Confusion. by Lionhearted: 8:58am On Jun 24, 2015
No need to be confused and or being suspicious of any shady dealings so far you were not given any absolute assurance of being given the job.

Mind you, there may be plenty of other qualified people you might not be aware of.

So move on. The best job for you will come to you.
Re: NLNG - My Interview & Confusion. by lomprico(m): 9:00am On Jun 24, 2015
NLNG? Hmm, My paddy cried like a baby when they replaced him with another person after success mail. After all the stages of tests n interview, they were told it remained medicals, after some weeks he found out that d guys he did d interview with has done their medicals n resumed work, he now called the woman in charge if d exercise n she said ah ah! He has done his medicals n resumed na, its stated in her records. Naim my guy burst into tears o! Dem don swap am with another person.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: NLNG - My Interview & Confusion. by mildteddy(m): 9:03am On Jun 24, 2015
lomprico:
NLNG? Hmm, My paddy cried like a baby when they replaced him with another person after success mail. After all the stages of tests n interview, they were told it remained medicals, after some weeks he found out that d guys he did d interview with has done their medicals n resumed work, he now called the woman in charge if d exercise n she said ah ah! He has done his medicals n resumed na, its stated in her records. Naim my guy burst into tears o! Dem don swap am with another person.

Exactly my point. Those people are too shady in their dealings to be trusted!

3 Likes

Re: NLNG - My Interview & Confusion. by Nobody: 9:04am On Jun 24, 2015
Interview for short term contract positions are usually not rigorous. And don't rule out connections in it too.
Re: NLNG - My Interview & Confusion. by Doilooklikeicare(m): 9:05am On Jun 24, 2015
f
Re: NLNG - My Interview & Confusion. by Nobody: 9:06am On Jun 24, 2015
How would you go for an interview and not ask the interviewers any question?
undecided undecided

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Pay Package For Stanbic Bank / Nigeria Immigration Service In Another Illegal Recruitment / Federal University Of Oye-Ekiti, FUOYE Recruiting For Academic And Non-academic

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.