Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,763 members, 7,802,333 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 12:37 PM

Nigeria Still Gives Power To Niger,republic Of Benin, Says Nnaji - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria Still Gives Power To Niger,republic Of Benin, Says Nnaji (2154 Views)

Oshiomole Performed Miracles In Edo State as a Governor, Oba Of Benin Says / Boko Haram Attacks Military Base In Bosso, Niger Republic, Shares Pics / "Boko Haram Now Has An Army" - Niger Republic Warns (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria Still Gives Power To Niger,republic Of Benin, Says Nnaji by atiakatata: 1:49pm On Jun 23, 2015
Despite the acute power deficit in Nigeria, the country still gives undisclosed quantity of electricity to Niger and Republic of Benin, as part of the government-to-government efforts to boost regional integration in the West African sub-region.

Speaking at a special session of a just-concluded power conference in Lagos, a former Minister of Power, Professor Barth Nnaji, who confirmed this development, stated that progress was being made in both western and southern Africa in the areas of integrating power supply.

He noted that the West African Power Pool (WAPP) is a body established for West Africa, with delegates from the various countries of the sub-region in that body.
According to him, there are about 18 countries in West Africa but four countries are islands, which cannot be part of a grid.

“But we are all talking as part of the power pool. We also have a regulator. The beginning of progress is when you have a regulator. If you have the regulator, then you can begin to put things together and that is already in place in the case of West Africa. So, we do have support of the various governments,” he said.
Nnaji further stated that Nigeria’s Ministry of Power would always give maximum support to the concept of West African Power Pool, adding that the concept is already working to some extent.

“Nigeria gives power to Niger Republic. Niger’s Minister of Energy and Petroleum, Foumakoye Gado is here to agree that we do. And the way it works is that if you have a country-to-country agreement, then that power must go to the other country, no matter what, unless your system totally collapses. But by agreement, it must go. We give power to Benin Republic and there is plan to increase it. There is plan to build a 330 KV transmission line from Lagos to Republic of Benin to increase power supply to that country. So, these are things that help government to support the integration we are talking about,” Nnaji said.

http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/nigeria-still-gives-power-to-niger-republic-of-benin-says-nnaji/212863/
Re: Nigeria Still Gives Power To Niger,republic Of Benin, Says Nnaji by Makamuanwuo(m): 1:54pm On Jun 23, 2015
we are giving other countrys nd we barely use power upto 4hrs hia..,,na thunder go finish dose behind dis
Re: Nigeria Still Gives Power To Niger,republic Of Benin, Says Nnaji by Feranchek(m): 2:04pm On Jun 23, 2015
Makamuanwuo:
we are giving other countrys nd we barely use power upto 4hrs hia..,,na thunder go finish dose behind dis

That's was why WE elected PMB na.... don't worry bro, 4 hrs will turn to for days, then for months..... no interruption. Trust me grin
Re: Nigeria Still Gives Power To Niger,republic Of Benin, Says Nnaji by dustmalik: 2:15pm On Jun 23, 2015
This is utter nonsense. We don't have enough electricity to go round, and we are supplying other countries? This doesn't make an ounce of sense.

By the way, as I type this msg, there is no light over here. I would take that to mean, someone in Niger or Benin is using what i should be using. What? This is crazy.
Re: Nigeria Still Gives Power To Niger,republic Of Benin, Says Nnaji by Makamuanwuo(m): 2:21pm On Jun 23, 2015
we are waiting
Feranchek:

That's was why WE elected PMB na.... don't worry bro, 4 hrs will turn to for days, then for months..... no interruption. Trust me grin

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Still Gives Power To Niger,republic Of Benin, Says Nnaji by Bobbystanley(m): 2:53pm On Jun 23, 2015
How can we be giving out what we dont Have?

This country is funny
Re: Nigeria Still Gives Power To Niger,republic Of Benin, Says Nnaji by mikolo80: 10:24pm On Jun 23, 2015
Makamuanwuo:
so thunder go fire God and river Niger ba. For your mind you don make sense abi
Re: Nigeria Still Gives Power To Niger,republic Of Benin, Says Nnaji by mikolo80: 10:26pm On Jun 23, 2015
dustmalik:
This is utter nonsense. We don't have enough electricity to go round, and we are supplying other countries? This doesn't make an ounce of sense.

By the way, as I type this msg, there is no light over here. I would take that to mean, someone in Niger or Benin is using what i should be using. What? This is crazy.
quick question how much light would you have if west african countries decided to dam the river niger before it enters nigeria.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Still Gives Power To Niger,republic Of Benin, Says Nnaji by mikolo80: 10:27pm On Jun 23, 2015
Bobbystanley:
How can we be giving out what we dont Have?

This country is funny
Have you ever wondered if you would even have anything if you refused to give.read my post befor this
Re: Nigeria Still Gives Power To Niger,republic Of Benin, Says Nnaji by pedel: 4:27am On Jun 24, 2015
I just don't understand why this post and comments is causing me to laugh uncontrollably.
Nigeria is a 'Comedy Central'; nobody in this country is suppose to dying of stress related ailment. There is a lot going on to make you laugh your stress off!
Giving out electricity to your neighbour while you sleep in darkness.
Re: Nigeria Still Gives Power To Niger,republic Of Benin, Says Nnaji by modath(f): 4:33am On Jun 24, 2015
Classic case of carrying another man's problem for head while dragging yours behind you or backing another woman's baby while yours is crying and being ignored.
Re: Nigeria Still Gives Power To Niger,republic Of Benin, Says Nnaji by IlekeHD: 4:46am On Jun 24, 2015
Is this country just mad?
Re: Nigeria Still Gives Power To Niger,republic Of Benin, Says Nnaji by LadyExcellency: 4:50am On Jun 24, 2015
And the way it works is that if you have a country-to-country agreement, then that power must go to the other country, no matter what, unless your system totally collapses. But by agreement, it must go. We give power to Benin Republic and there is plan to increase it.
Re: Nigeria Still Gives Power To Niger,republic Of Benin, Says Nnaji by idu1(m): 4:58am On Jun 24, 2015
LadyExcellency:
And the way it works is that if you have a country-to-country agreement, then that power must go to the other country, no matter what, unless your system totally collapses. But by agreement, it must go. We give power to Benin Republic and there is plan to increase it.
As in, I don't understand?
Re: Nigeria Still Gives Power To Niger,republic Of Benin, Says Nnaji by onyenro(m): 5:26am On Jun 24, 2015
dustmalik:

Pls let me educate u. We give these countries power not because we wish to but because if the riparian law Riparian Rights Definition:
Special rights of people who own land that
runs into a water bank (a riparian owner is
a person who owns land that runs into a
river). The river niger which nigeria gets power from does not originate in nigeria. It flows from other countries, hence , as benefit, nigeria has to share the proceeds of power with them or else the dam the river and we dont have power down here.. Hope u understand. Its a general and global practise
Re: Nigeria Still Gives Power To Niger,republic Of Benin, Says Nnaji by Vicadonis(m): 6:25am On Jun 24, 2015
Lolz.. That's all I have to say
Re: Nigeria Still Gives Power To Niger,republic Of Benin, Says Nnaji by katerine7(f): 7:49am On Jun 24, 2015
interesting
Re: Nigeria Still Gives Power To Niger,republic Of Benin, Says Nnaji by Makamuanwuo(m): 8:12am On Jun 24, 2015
mikolo80:
so thunder go fire God and river Niger ba. For your mind you don make sense abi
bia enye,face d trend and dnt quote again,do i mention GOD name hia?okachamara
Re: Nigeria Still Gives Power To Niger,republic Of Benin, Says Nnaji by mikolo80: 3:30pm On Jun 24, 2015
Makamuanwuo:
bia enye,face d trend and dnt quote again,do i mention GOD name hia?okachamara
No be God make us the last country wey river Niger pass through.abi you think say you go see any water to use for electricity if Burkina Faso block am. Instead of finding out why we give them light like an educated person una de here de form sango say thunder go fire somebody.
Re: Nigeria Still Gives Power To Niger,republic Of Benin, Says Nnaji by Makamuanwuo(m): 3:46pm On Jun 24, 2015
guy we knw say GOD gv us dis,but our politician are pple behind al dis no lyt,thunder go fire all power minsters
mikolo80:
No be God make us the last country wey river Niger pass through.abi you think say you go see any water to use for electricity if Burkina Faso block am. Instead of finding out why we give them light like an educated person una de here de form sango say thunder go fire somebody.
Re: Nigeria Still Gives Power To Niger,republic Of Benin, Says Nnaji by mikolo80: 4:04pm On Jun 24, 2015
Makamuanwuo:
guy we knw say GOD gv us dis,but our politician are pple behind al dis no lyt,thunder go fire all power minsters
Bet make we check am apart from Segun Agagu thunder no reach dia side.they are all living large while we are votin for them after collecting cups of rice and t shirt .see the way ppl are defending jonathan even after he has made them slaves in Updi own homes

(1) (Reply)

Buhari Appointed Igbo Ministers In 1984 (Pictures) / ATTENTION: Tonyebarcanista Has No Alternate Account / Buhari Set To Face The ICC For Crimes Against Humanity

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.