Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,809 members, 7,806,263 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 01:42 PM

I Got Defrauded By My Bank - Business (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / I Got Defrauded By My Bank (36027 Views)

How I Was Defrauded By Abiodun, Badmus And A Chinese Merchant (paypal Funds) / I Received N740 Thousand Naira In My Bank Account Instead Of N370 Thousand Naira / Online Help And Trust Betrayal: How A Young Girl Defrauded Me. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Got Defrauded By My Bank by ismayl: 8:28am On Jun 24, 2015
i xperienc it wt u.b.a when they stole my #40,000.stambic also stole my 14 but refunded 12.its the result of past administration when the x.president left all evil unchecked.
lik their former branch manager advised me, write them and send a copy to C.B.N. and tell them u hav.
they know u wont trouble urself much on that small amount and wont wanna bother spend #3k to find 32k.thats why they stole small amount.
we really need soludo back as C.B.N gov.
Re: I Got Defrauded By My Bank by davades(m): 8:37am On Jun 24, 2015
Let Japhet Omojuwa be aware....you can tweet to him @omojuwa
Re: I Got Defrauded By My Bank by dlawseun(m): 9:00am On Jun 24, 2015
the 2k was it withdrawn from the ATM or across the counter from your statement. if it is from your ATM you can request for the footage of the transaction on the ATM to know further action
Re: I Got Defrauded By My Bank by Gemc3(f): 9:04am On Jun 24, 2015
klevjey:
I bank with Access Bank. I was having N153, 265.00. I withdrew N5,000.00 last week Monday. On Friday last week, I went to the branch at Iyana Ipaja to pay back the N5,000, only for me to receive an alert that my balance is N151,265.00.

I went to the bank and requested for my statement of account which was printed out. On the statement, I found out that N2,000 was withdrawn on the Tuesday of that week. I quickly told them I wasn't the one and they told me it must have been done by someone whom I usually send to withdraw in my stead. They ruled out fraud claiming that if it were to be fraud, the person would have wipped my account clean. Funny enough, my ATM card was with me throughout, and I didn't even receive any SMS alerting me of the debit that day. We have been arguing since in the bank. I know this is an internal job from the bank. Please guys, how do I go about this? I want them to know they don't just go around messing with people's money simply because they are 'common man'.

Did u request for the instrument used in paying the said money? or was it an ATM transaction? If it was over the counter, you can ask for the instrument. maybe someone forged your signature or somefin and the CCTV will capture the person. If it was an ATM transaction, same thing. You have to do all these before you sue or do anything thing to make sure you also did not compromise your ATN pin, your account, etc. Make sure nothing can make u seem at fault. What was the narration on your statement? was it "withdrawal by self"? that is ÿou"? Follow it up k? keep us posted.
Re: I Got Defrauded By My Bank by Gemc3(f): 9:13am On Jun 24, 2015
Olushauneddy:
Last week Thursday I deposited 70,000 naira into a new account I tend to open and operate with DIAMOND BANK up to this minute of uploading this comment I've not received any sms alert according to them that I would be sent an sms stating my account number and the credit alert of the deposited sum. Actually, I've sent a mail to their customer service unit in their head-office waiting for their response and giving them enough time to have a say in the matter. The duplicate copy of the deposit slip is still with me kampee!

Maybe a network issue or maybe they had issues opening account. . . You can put your mind at ease by just visiting the bank.
Re: I Got Defrauded By My Bank by blessingee: 9:45am On Jun 24, 2015
They way people are just castigating Access Bank, me i din dey fear o, make story no go enter my N100m o grin grin grin
Re: I Got Defrauded By My Bank by firfinch(m): 9:49am On Jun 24, 2015
That is absolutely unfair, something needs to be done fast. The same thing with Ecobank. My balance keep decreasing with over 100 naira every month. If savings account is incurring expenses to the holders how then would they encourage others to keep their money in the bank? #EcobankStopExploitation

2 Likes

Re: I Got Defrauded By My Bank by Ekeeyhandsome(m): 9:55am On Jun 24, 2015
Just last week,First bank stole over 50k from my younger sis account and up to now,they ar yet to refund her,worst part of it all is,she is a student and that money was for her up keep...
Re: I Got Defrauded By My Bank by 400billionman: 9:56am On Jun 24, 2015
klevjey:
I bank with Access Bank. I was having N153, 265.00. I withdrew N5,000.00 last week Monday. On Friday last week, I went to the branch at Iyana Ipaja to pay back the N5,000, only for me to receive an alert that my balance is N151,265.00.

I went to the bank and requested for my statement of account which was printed out. On the statement, I found out that N2,000 was withdrawn on the Tuesday of that week. I quickly told them I wasn't the one and they told me it must have been done by someone whom I usually send to withdraw in my stead. They ruled out fraud claiming that if it were to be fraud, the person would have wipped my account clean. Funny enough, my ATM card was with me throughout, and I didn't even receive any SMS alerting me of the debit that day. We have been arguing since in the bank. I know this is an internal job from the bank. Please guys, how do I go about this? I want them to know they don't just go around messing with people's money simply because they are 'common man'.

Why not withdraw the one you are seeing now and then pursue the case ?

You fit use N2,000 matter con hammer..
Re: I Got Defrauded By My Bank by nex(m): 9:58am On Jun 24, 2015
Hello klevjey,

Please let me know if your issue has been resolved, if not, go on Twitter, and tweet at @MyAccessBank or use the link: https://twitter.com/myaccessbank , then come back here and share your handle, and a link to the message you sent them, so that we can go there and amplify.
Re: I Got Defrauded By My Bank by 400billionman: 9:59am On Jun 24, 2015
olaopts:
Can you upload the transaction details for the said 2000 NGN?

Good, so we can analyse the mode of the transaction, whether ATM or Bank Transfer or (OTC) Over The Counter withdrawal.
Re: I Got Defrauded By My Bank by 400billionman: 10:03am On Jun 24, 2015
First bank used to do thia to my savings account severally. They kept deducting N1,000 on the balances they give me.
Re: I Got Defrauded By My Bank by Nobody: 10:06am On Jun 24, 2015
I Got "defrauded" Can You Pls Use Another Grammar Then Keep Me Posted To Know The Next Action Taking By Me-#any Case Against Bank? Dont Hesitate To Forward The Case To My Table.
Re: I Got Defrauded By My Bank by firfinch(m): 10:07am On Jun 24, 2015
Don't overlook it because it's 2k, it's about the principle.[/quote]
That exactly is my point. 2k self is much, when 100 misses from your account your might just overlook it. But come to think of it when they scrape 10, 100 or 50 from 2 millions customers you can imagine how much that would be even 1naira is something. #EcobankStopExploitation
Re: I Got Defrauded By My Bank by firfinch(m): 10:12am On Jun 24, 2015
gidjah:
jai Dan yaro, what could DAT have been ?what did u do in 1997 biko ??!! ha ha ha !
murder in kinhassa. Just type that in your address bar for more info including videos.
Re: I Got Defrauded By My Bank by firfinch(m): 10:26am On Jun 24, 2015
okekeanayo:
Rich Daddy, poor pikin! Who told that, that money(2000naira) is small? If u want form, form for ur mama pot of soup.

Meanwhile My dear brother, demand for the ATM booth that money was withdrawn from and also demand for the picture of the person who made the transaction. No dull for this oo because bank sabi fear court case.

Ecobank own worst because na salami fraud them dey commit there. Ecobank de deduct 0.50kobo to 100naira from their customers account every week depending on how much money ur account holds. Fear them!

I'm really not happy with Ecobank. How will I keep my money in the bank and it keep decreasing every month? In April they deducted close to 200 naira from my account, when I contacted them, they said 44naira was deducted for 11 sms of which I only got 4sms for that month and part of the 4 sms was their advertisement. #EcobankStopExploitation
Re: I Got Defrauded By My Bank by sunshine1974(m): 10:37am On Jun 24, 2015
That's not possible. No bank will ever still ur money, how much do u even have dat will warrant dem steal from u?
iliyande:

What do you mean? With his explanation you still doubt him? Stop decieving yourself, such practice is going on in Nigeria bank though many may not be able to ask. Former oceanic bank stole my 8k without explanation.
Re: I Got Defrauded By My Bank by sunshine1974(m): 10:39am On Jun 24, 2015
Stole kor steal ni, u people are funny sha.
Ekeeyhandsome:
Just last week,First bank stole over 50k from my younger sis account and up to now,they ar yet to refund her,worst part of it all is,she is a student and that money was for her up keep...
Re: I Got Defrauded By My Bank by sunshine1974(m): 10:42am On Jun 24, 2015
All of una just dey hia dey rant say bank thief una money. No matter how hard u try to destroy the images of dis banks dey will remain strong. Some said dere bank stole 50k, Haba fear God na.
Re: I Got Defrauded By My Bank by lakesidepapa(m): 10:58am On Jun 24, 2015
Pauloot:
ujesha ni mere o
Good one Iyan ayun le'nu re omo baba mi.

1 Like

Re: I Got Defrauded By My Bank by mommyice: 11:11am On Jun 24, 2015
[quote author=klevjey post=35075670]I bank with Access Bank. I was having N153, 265.00. I withdrew N5,000.00 last week Monday. On Friday last week, I went to the branch at Iyana Ipaja to pay back the N5,000, only for me to receive an alert that my balance is N151,265.00.

Its an inside job, the tellers did it, these tellers are crooks - How else if you card was with you throughout, they are the ones that can c how much is in each account. Bastards! En tell you what even if you can go about wanting it back, you won't win
Re: I Got Defrauded By My Bank by iliyande(m): 11:35am On Jun 24, 2015
sunshine1974:
That's not possible. No bank will ever still ur money, how much do u even have dat will warrant dem steal from u?
Anyway, I cannot continue arguing with you because it's seems you are one of them or a defender of the fraud going on in the banking system. How much is 8k for me to tarnish the image of a hole bank? In my own case, after tabling my complaint of ATM debit without paying to the customer care staff, my details was checked and confirmed, I was told to feel a form and submit to come back in the next 3 working days. To my surprise when I returned to the bank I was told "the money has been declined" my joy is that oceanic bank is no more and I believe my sweat they forcefully embezzled contributed to their failure.
Re: I Got Defrauded By My Bank by iliyande(m): 11:59am On Jun 24, 2015
blessingee:
They way people are just castigating Access Bank, me i din dey fear o, make story no go enter my N100m o grin grin grin

cheesy cheesy
Re: I Got Defrauded By My Bank by sneak3(m): 12:09pm On Jun 24, 2015
klevjey:

I can authoritative tell you that the money was not removed by the bank, I am very sure you must have been sharing ur atm cards with friends or relatives so kindly ask them ok..

But if u are not satisfy, since the bank said its an
atm withdrawal write a letter of complaint to the bank requesting for the atm footage of that 2k transaction.

Though am very sure the picture will reveal either u, ur frnd or relative...
Re: I Got Defrauded By My Bank by iliyande(m): 12:12pm On Jun 24, 2015
sneak3:

I can authoritative tell you that the money was not removed by the bank, I am very sure you must have been sharing ur atm cards with friends or relatives so kindly ask them ok..

But if u are not satisfy, since the bank said its an
atm withdrawal write a letter of complaint to the bank requesting for the atm footage of that 2k transaction.

Though am very sure the picture will reveal either u, ur frnd or relative...

Who is saying that the bank took? Pure an insider fraud
Re: I Got Defrauded By My Bank by BornnAgainChild(f): 12:43pm On Jun 24, 2015
klevjey:

Same thing fidelity bank did to me,they debited me for one nonsense i still havent had about in banking terms,i just got the alert this june yet they carried out the act in december,i have refused to delete that sms cos i really want them to explain berra if not am calling my lawyer asap,its high time all these banks stop doing plus and minus on customers account unjustly
Re: I Got Defrauded By My Bank by Goldicz(m): 12:55pm On Jun 24, 2015
adorablepepple:
Ha, let me give you one solid advice, tell them your uncle is a journalist and you would tell him how you were defrauded by access bank, n that he works with punch newspaper . Tell them you have a blog also Where the news will trend so fast. Good luck man.

Let me know What happens after
That is children talk. That you should do is sue them to court so they will vomit 20 million naira for defrauding you
Re: I Got Defrauded By My Bank by sunshine1974(m): 1:09pm On Jun 24, 2015
Declined? For what reason? And u didn't do anything about it? shocked
iliyande:

Anyway, I cannot continue arguing with you because it's seems you are one of them or a defender of the fraud going on in the banking system. How much is 8k for me to tarnish the image of a hole bank? In my own case, after tabling my complaint of ATM debit without paying to the customer care staff, my details was checked and confirmed, I was told to feel a form and submit to come back in the next 3 working days. To my surprise when I returned to the bank I was told "the money has been declined" my joy is that oceanic bank is no more and I believe my sweat they forcefully embezzled contributed to their failure.
Re: I Got Defrauded By My Bank by iliyande(m): 1:14pm On Jun 24, 2015
sunshine1974:
Declined? For what reason? And u didn't do anything about it? shocked

You argue unnecessarily, this is a clear case of Fraud. I tried my best after several emails to the headquarters but nothing good cames out of it. I handed them to the Creator in prayer wink
Re: I Got Defrauded By My Bank by sunshine1974(m): 1:18pm On Jun 24, 2015
U are educated I guess, there are various channels u cld ve used to push ur case but u left it in God's hands. There are lots of customer complains commission everywhere, u shld ve xploited one but u chose not to.
iliyande:

You argue unnecessarily, this is a clear case of Fraud. I tried my best after several emails to the headquarters but nothing good cames out of it. I handed them to the Creator in prayer wink
Re: I Got Defrauded By My Bank by yogun(f): 1:28pm On Jun 24, 2015
klevjey:

share this story on tweeter and tag ACCESS BAnk, someone must reply you
Re: I Got Defrauded By My Bank by greenstar: 1:29pm On Jun 24, 2015

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Igho Sanomi Named In Alison-Madueke & Kola Aluko's $1.7bn Fraud / #BankWars. Sterling Bank Apologises For Shading Other Banks. / CBN Introduces BVN Lite For Minimal Financial Transactions

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.