Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,885 members, 7,798,964 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 01:04 PM

Taking Food Out Of Airplanes - Travel (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Taking Food Out Of Airplanes (44020 Views)

The World’s Strangest Airplanes That You Won’t Want To Fly On / Graveyard Of Nigeria's Dead Airplanes (Photos) / Why Dont Commercial Airplanes Have Parachutes For Passengers? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Taking Food Out Of Airplanes by manny4life(m): 9:53pm On Jun 25, 2015
Lmao... OP is feeling sophisticated grin grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Taking Food Out Of Airplanes by Preshochyx(m): 9:55pm On Jun 25, 2015
Antoinne:

You guys don't seem to get it. I guess it's all part of the Nigerian thingy. undecided

No Nigerian thingy there.. U sef na morocco u come from U pple think only Nigerians do dese things, other parts of d world partake in it as well.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Taking Food Out Of Airplanes by Preshochyx(m): 9:58pm On Jun 25, 2015
manny4life:

D matter no taya yu?
Re: Taking Food Out Of Airplanes by Nobody: 9:59pm On Jun 25, 2015
Antoinne:

Firstly, it's just so well in the habit of wasteful people to overplan and have excess food at parties. Next time, try to plan more appropriately.
Having said that, excess food at parties should be processed and served to dogs, fishes and other animals. They'd thank you for doing that. Why in the world would you want to 'pack' food for guests to take home? Don't they survive already without your food?

That it's in the take-away pack shouldn't encourage taking it away. That's uncultured. Would you take away food from KLM or Turkish airlines planes? I guess you wouldn't. And not because they don't serve in take-away packs, but merely because they don't encourage it. Would you then, for the desire to compulsorily take something away, enter a KLM flight with your personal cooler and then take away their airplane food? Of course not!

So, please, eat in the aircraft or trash it. If you don't feel hungry there and then, politely decline the food, request water and eat a comfortable dish at the hotel.

How old are u?

4 Likes

Re: Taking Food Out Of Airplanes by onyedikafreeman: 10:06pm On Jun 25, 2015
tpiadotcom:

You're angry because people are taking away "take away packs"?

I guess I'm missing something.
lolllllllllllls. take away packs
Re: Taking Food Out Of Airplanes by MsZeezah: 10:13pm On Jun 25, 2015
manny4life:
Mgbeke feeling funky cheesy

1 Like

Re: Taking Food Out Of Airplanes by currentbrands(m): 10:23pm On Jun 25, 2015
Antoinne:

No, you didn't really pay for it. At some point, Aero never used to serve food on airplanes and people still flew. This food is complimentary and not paid for.

Why not 'munch' it in the plane? Are you not 'settled in' in the plane? Or you feel people are watching you?

Cultured people don't take food out of airplane. Don't get influenced by the habit of taking food away from a party. It simply doesn't speak well of you. If anything, it suggests that you are too hungry and can't afford a meal whenever you want one.

..............Well Said Bro!
Re: Taking Food Out Of Airplanes by lilmagambo(f): 11:03pm On Jun 25, 2015
Y r u complaining r u d one da elp dm pay 4 deir flights
Re: Taking Food Out Of Airplanes by romi: 11:09pm On Jun 25, 2015
MsZeezah:
Antoinne,

Please stop making a fool of yourself by trying so hard to be a definition of your own version of "cultured".

People take food out of airplanes, no biggie. Personally, I won't because I haven't been on an airline that serves Nigerian food and I am not a fan of western food. But I will damn right takes snacks (Pretzels, Almonds, Pistasios) out of a plane.

And FYI: lots of white people do too! Or are they not the definition of cultured to you? People like you are the ones who worship anything western forgetting they're are the nastiest of nasty. Trying to act more western than the westerners. Boo!

I paid for it and imma take it out. And did I hear you say international flights or even airlines don't allow you take food past security? cheesy We have taken Jollof Rice past security before and we even told them we had cooked food. So far it isn't liquid, you're good.

Overall, you're plenty shades of ignorant and uncultured. And should I add that you sound exactly like a wannabe who just started flying on airplanes with little or no exposure. You're trying too hard Hun, bring it down a notch and maybe...just maybe it wouldn't look so much like a struggle. Laters

LOL
Re: Taking Food Out Of Airplanes by Nobody: 11:20pm On Jun 25, 2015
angieberry:
Well, they paid for it so it shouldn't affect you.

By their fruts you shall know them.
Re: Taking Food Out Of Airplanes by caesaraba(m): 11:24pm On Jun 25, 2015
ManTiger:

[size=80pt]took[/size]

Na your kind dey quick yab Buhari for saying West Germany! Olodo. grin

Ode! What she wrote is grammatically correct. See how u just jejelly fall ur hand by urself.
Re: Taking Food Out Of Airplanes by Nobody: 11:27pm On Jun 25, 2015
dabriggs:
Inferiority complex of false superiority. It is complimentary. It is their food. It has been given to them. The packs do not read ''Eat on the Plane or be Shot''. Let them do what they please with it. Besides these are packed in easy to carry packs. It is not as if they poured fried rice into their handkerchiefs.

I do not see how someone's concern will be why people take food out of planes.

Deaddd
@ pouring fried rice into handkerchiefs
..and eat on the plane or be shot

1 Like

Re: Taking Food Out Of Airplanes by Nobody: 11:31pm On Jun 25, 2015
Antoinne:

Typical...

cry
Re: Taking Food Out Of Airplanes by Starships4u(m): 11:39pm On Jun 25, 2015
Antoinne:

Yes you can do with it whatever you want. But for goodness' sake, don't take it out of the airplane. How much would it cost anyways if you had to buy the same thing outside? Must you stoop that low to take out a mere 500ngn meal?
guy no vex scratch me MTN 5h card.....

1 Like

Re: Taking Food Out Of Airplanes by kittykat1(f): 11:51pm On Jun 25, 2015
RentedReality:

I gave my previous comment a thought while munching my way to the arrivals. I retract that comment. Yeah, I said it.

Too many people bashing your opinion here, I can't subscribe to that.

My ex also had "Posh Syndrome" so I can identify.

Had to teach her how to eat pounded yam with her hands, price a black cab, choose friends based on their post code (SW 12), stay away from Harrods, introduced her to TK Maxx, fly Ryanair, test drive a Ferrari with your student I.D, tip a Michellin star Chef, visit Peckham and not get robbed.

Feel me yet? I doubt.

Lmaao @ posh syndrome.

3 Likes

Re: Taking Food Out Of Airplanes by Antoinne: 12:00am On Jun 26, 2015
GreenWhiteGreen:
Exactly. She's trying to be sophisticated. Who cares ? You will be so disappointed when you see the picture of people who talk like this.

Why are you so obsessed with "pictures of people like this"? Are you looking for company or what? undecided
Re: Taking Food Out Of Airplanes by Antoinne: 12:06am On Jun 26, 2015
RentedReality:

I gave my previous comment a thought while munching my way to the arrivals. I retract that comment. Yeah, I said it.

Too many people bashing your opinion here, I can't subscribe to that.

My ex also had "Posh Syndrome" so I can identify.

Had to teach her how to eat pounded yam with her hands, price a black cab, choose friends based on their post code (SW 12), stay away from Harrods, introduced her to TK Maxx, fly Ryanair, test drive a Ferrari with your student I.D, tip a Michellin star Chef, visit Peckham and not get robbed.

Feel me yet? I doubt.

Not yet. I'm still looking for the sense in the post... with a microscope. undecided
Re: Taking Food Out Of Airplanes by Afropolitan(f): 12:11am On Jun 26, 2015
OP is suffering from oversabi.
Re: Taking Food Out Of Airplanes by flyforall: 12:13am On Jun 26, 2015
Some people are actually not hungry when the food is served and will rather eat it later or give it to a loved one.
abi na your money dem use buy am!!!
Re: Taking Food Out Of Airplanes by Antoinne: 12:13am On Jun 26, 2015
MsZeezah:
Antoinne,

Please stop making a fool of yourself by trying so hard to be a definition of your own version of "cultured".

People take food out of airplanes, no biggie. Personally, I won't because I haven't been on an airline that serves Nigerian food and I am not a fan of western food. But I will damn right takes snacks (Pretzels, Almonds, Pistasios) out of a plane.

And FYI: lots of white people do too! Or are they not the definition of cultured to you? People like you are the ones who worship anything western forgetting they're are the nastiest of nasty. Trying to act more western than the westerners. Boo!

I paid for it and imma take it out. And did I hear you say international flights or even airlines don't allow you take food past security? cheesy We have taken Jollof Rice past security before and we even told them we had cooked food. So far it isn't liquid, you're good.

Overall, you're plenty shades of ignorant and uncultured. And should I add that you sound exactly like a wannabe who just started flying on airplanes with little or no exposure. You're trying too hard Hun, bring it down a notch and maybe...just maybe it wouldn't look so much like a struggle. Laters
I know your type. The ones who get called aside by security and have to entertain a barrage of questions on all sorts of weird and unsavory combos they carry on their luggage from Nigeria. It's all in the thinking. Unsurprising.
Re: Taking Food Out Of Airplanes by Antoinne: 12:18am On Jun 26, 2015
After taking a survey of opinions it's just not so surprising this is what we have here. I could make a list of what you guys are most surely to find 'normal', even though the larger world considers it unrefined. It's just so in the thinking after all...
Re: Taking Food Out Of Airplanes by stpat1(m): 12:26am On Jun 26, 2015
Antoinne:

No, you didn't really pay for it. At some point, Aero never used to serve food on airplanes and people still flew. This food is complimentary and not paid for.

Why not 'munch' it in the plane? Are you not 'settled in' in the plane? Or you feel people are watching you?

Cultured people don't take food out of airplane. Don't get influenced by the habit of taking food away from a party. It simply doesn't speak well of you. If anything, it suggests that you are too hungry and can't afford a meal whenever you want one.

Oga go and die jare, You are pissing me off cos you have no point and you're not making sense. What is special about what is served on board that one must eat it there? Is it the small cup cake and 10cl juice that is served that you must eat? I just take mine out of the pack and give it to a kid. So does that paint a picture that I cant afford it?

If you thought well before creating the thread, you should understand that the value of what is served on board is in no way close to the ticket fare. I wonder what you are even feeling like.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Taking Food Out Of Airplanes by leahcimzil: 12:34am On Jun 26, 2015
Antoinne:
After taking a survey of opinions it's just not so surprising this is what we have here. I could make a list of what you guys are most surely to find 'normal', even though the larger world considers it unrefined. It's just so in the thinking after all...
damn, yu r not just all shades of ignorant,you r all shades of re-tarded.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Taking Food Out Of Airplanes by BlackLeopard(m): 12:37am On Jun 26, 2015
It's served on those planes within reason. What you do with it afterwards is your business. Some people can't eat while on flight for whichever reason. How's someone else food reasons concern anyone but that person demself?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Taking Food Out Of Airplanes by truetalknow: 12:40am On Jun 26, 2015
To me you are talking trash, I decide to take my pack if I like it doesn't mean I am uncultured. I can pack it nicely in my bag and can leave it behind, its my money dude.
Nigerians and inferiority complex.
Antoinne:

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Taking Food Out Of Airplanes by Antoinne: 12:55am On Jun 26, 2015
leahcimzil:

damn, yu r not just all shades of ignorant,you r all shades of re-tarded.
Politeness clearly isn't one of your strongest points.
Re: Taking Food Out Of Airplanes by leahcimzil: 12:56am On Jun 26, 2015
Antoinne:
Politeness clearly isn't one of your strongest points.
nope!, Honesty is tho

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Taking Food Out Of Airplanes by Antoinne: 12:56am On Jun 26, 2015
stpat1:

Oga go and die jare, You are pissing me off cos you have no point and you're not making sense. What is special about what is served on board that one must eat it there? Is it the small cup cake and 10cl juice that is served that you must eat? I just take mine out of the pack and give it to a kid. So does that paint a picture that I cant afford it?

If you thought well before creating the thread, you should understand that the value of what is served on board is in no way close to the ticket fare. I wonder what you are even feeling like.
Do you have a problem with taking your kid out to a nice restaurant, but must serve him or her with stale and unhealthy airplane food?
Re: Taking Food Out Of Airplanes by JayJustus(m): 1:03am On Jun 26, 2015
una dey answer am sef? hian...on all my flights I take away all my mini red wines and shit...abeg OP park well...I study hospitality and tourism it is NOT a complimentary meal because it is part of the airline ticket due to the fact that it is NOT totally a low cost airline where you have the option to request for meals when purchasing the ticket?? comprendre??

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Taking Food Out Of Airplanes by stpat1(m): 1:16am On Jun 26, 2015
Antoinne:

Do you have a problem with taking your kid out to a nice restaurant, but must serve him or her with stale and unhealthy airplane food?

I don't have time to be enlightening you jare, I only responded cos you were to mumuish to be ignored.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Taking Food Out Of Airplanes by Antoinne: 1:18am On Jun 26, 2015
stpat1:

I don't have time to be enlightening you jare, I only responded cos you were to mumuish to be ignored.
Well then...

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

New Pictures Of Onitsha and Awka At Night / 2 Jets Stolen At Lagos Airport: Nigerians React / U.S $80m F-35 Fighter Jet Vanishes From Air (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.