Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,560 members, 7,809,042 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:41 PM

See The Job Offer I Got From " Dr. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala" - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / See The Job Offer I Got From " Dr. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala" (51647 Views)

The Job Application Letter Received In An Abuja Office From A Graduate (Pictured / 10 Things A Graduate Should Do While Waiting For A Good Job Offer / Please I Seek A Referral Or Offer. I Have 5yrs Experience In Banking. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

See The Job Offer I Got From " Dr. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala" by MissTechy(f): 9:02am On Jun 24, 2015
I am sorry I have been away from Nairaland for some while, work has kept me handicapped - In the mean time, I want to share with you all my experience with a famous personality in Nigeria - as seen on MissTechy. com ( because I can't copy images from my blog here (due to my link) the story would be in batches, bear with me)

I decided to be very serious with my LinkedIn account, so far so good, it has been really really helpful, I got to connect with people I would never have dreamt of connecting with – One of which is Dr. Ngozi Okonjo Iweala!! and trust me, the encounter was an eye-opener.

I want to share with you all, my brief Encounter with Dr. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala. (You can learn a lesson or two).

Dr. Ngozi Okonjo Iweala sent me a request on the 17th of June 2015, when I received the request, I had to check for other profiles with that name, the profile that sent me a request was the only one that had more than 500 connections – So, my fears mellowed down a bit and I excitingly accepted her request – see the profile below:

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: See The Job Offer I Got From " Dr. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala" by MissTechy(f): 9:03am On Jun 24, 2015
The profile had all her information that further made me feel so cool that the highly esteemed Dr. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala sent me a request without me asking for it – see some below:

7 Likes 4 Shares

Re: See The Job Offer I Got From " Dr. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala" by MissTechy(f): 9:04am On Jun 24, 2015
So, after feeling good with myself and my LinkedIn profile that attracted her, I went back to work cheesy.. and then the encounter began, Dr. Okonjo- Iweala sent me a MESSAGE!!! – In case you did not get it at first, Dr. Ngozi Okonji Iweala sent me A DM!. I immediately opened it and as soon as I did, I felt like someone poured ice cold water on my face.: the message read thus:

5 Likes 4 Shares

Re: See The Job Offer I Got From " Dr. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala" by MissTechy(f): 9:04am On Jun 24, 2015
…..IN CAPSLOCK!!!! – being the techy person that I am, I went into my stalker mode to really find out why the famous Ngozi Iweala choose to type in Capslock when sending a “semi- official mail”. After discovering, He/She might be a catfish, I decided to play along and sent the message “Very fine thank you” – I wanted him/her to save herself before she digs in deep. Apparently, the tech gods weren’t on her side as the catfish sent me a message that made me almost cringe – see that below:

13 Likes 8 Shares

Re: See The Job Offer I Got From " Dr. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala" by MissTechy(f): 9:06am On Jun 24, 2015
I decided to play along

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: See The Job Offer I Got From " Dr. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala" by MissTechy(f): 9:07am On Jun 24, 2015
When I couldn’t take it anymore, I sent her a message asking her why she has been using capslock all the while. (see that below)

HE/SHE had the audacity to reply me (See the screenshot below)

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: See The Job Offer I Got From " Dr. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala" by MissTechy(f): 9:09am On Jun 24, 2015
The catfish probably knew I was onto the game (Someone should have told him/her not to joke with me). In a bid to still play the game, I sent this. (First screenshot below)

I later got bored with the game after she sent the second message in the second screenshot below

1 Like 3 Shares

Re: See The Job Offer I Got From " Dr. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala" by MissTechy(f): 9:09am On Jun 24, 2015
FYI, prior to this encounter, several LinkedIn gurus of mine told me that it would be practically impossible to create a fake profile on LinkedIn since someone who might directly know the real people would get to know and report – however that opinion was dashed to the wall. After the encounter, I realized so many things I failed to take note (probably because I thought the real Okonj0- Iweala wanted to connect with MissTechy sad ) for example:

1. An account owner like Dr. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala and the likes would have a premium flag – i.e. (they can afford to pay for LinkedIn premium service).

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: See The Job Offer I Got From " Dr. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala" by MissTechy(f): 9:10am On Jun 24, 2015
2. Even though I would like to believe that my profile is cool, I should have realized that the probability of Ngozi Iweala sending me a request is 10/100 (Blame the excitement I had for that)

In case you’ve ever got such request on LinkedIn, kindly look at the two options (especially number one) before accepting.

P.S: If she is the real Ngozi Iweala, I still want the customs job though hehe cheesy

So guys using LinkedIn to search for jobs beware, there are a lot of scammers out there waiting to devour gullible Nigerians

Thanks for reading - PLEASE VISIT MISSTECHY today in case you haven't thanks again

110 Likes 12 Shares

Re: See The Job Offer I Got From " Dr. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala" by CrazyScientist: 9:15am On Jun 24, 2015
Na so one coke fool 419 guy said I won 750, 000 but I have to send 3000 recharge card for processing! grin

I said okay, I'll send it in 5mins, when I no be fool! grin

Came back after eating only to see 9 MISSED CALLS!!! grin from coke promo man. Coke dey call person

I called back, he queried me that I was wasting time, I said he should get biro and pen... then he said I should proceed...

My Reply: USE THE #750, 000 and buy card grin

448 Likes 33 Shares

Re: See The Job Offer I Got From " Dr. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala" by naijaedutech: 9:23am On Jun 24, 2015
Lol, this is crazy. The same way I have been chatting 'Prof. Viola Onwuliri' on Facebook. These scammers sef

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: See The Job Offer I Got From " Dr. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala" by Young03(m): 9:27am On Jun 24, 2015
someone with username genevieve nnaji for facebuk won dupe me 50,000
but I jumped nd pass

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: See The Job Offer I Got From " Dr. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala" by Nobody: 9:32am On Jun 24, 2015
Scammers everywhere. . God help Nigeria. .

Looking to take undue advantage of someone seeking for a means of living. .

5 Likes

Re: See The Job Offer I Got From " Dr. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala" by UnknownT: 9:33am On Jun 24, 2015
Mrs. Margaret Obi ( Peter Obi's wife) also added me on LinkedIn grin

13 Likes

Re: See The Job Offer I Got From " Dr. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala" by UjSizzle(f): 9:41am On Jun 24, 2015
grin Nigerians will not kill me.

6 Likes

Re: See The Job Offer I Got From " Dr. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala" by frankolett(m): 9:56am On Jun 24, 2015
Re: See The Job Offer I Got From " Dr. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala" by LaurelP(m): 10:00am On Jun 24, 2015
Mine was a supposed Nigerian musician living abroad.
I really frustrated d fool until he started using abusive words on himself, not me.

18 Likes

Re: See The Job Offer I Got From " Dr. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala" by Nobody: 10:12am On Jun 24, 2015
Scam alert!

3 Likes

Re: See The Job Offer I Got From " Dr. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala" by yvesboss(m): 10:14am On Jun 24, 2015
MissTechy:
So, after feeling good with myself and my LinkedIn profile that attracted her, I went back to work cheesy.. and then the encounter began, Dr. Okonjo- Iweala sent me a MESSAGE!!! – In case you did not get it at first, Dr. Ngozi Okonji Iweala sent me A DM!. I immediately opened it and as soon as I did, I felt like someone poured ice cold water on my face.: the message read thus:

Professor Chinedu Nebo - Minister of power qccepted my invite on LinkedIn yesterday..Think our friends are at work.

Tnx misstechy...its an eye opener
I no fit lie...i was exicted wen i received the notification...chai..diarisGod ooo

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: See The Job Offer I Got From " Dr. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala" by tessylove2(f): 10:29am On Jun 24, 2015
shocked Wow can you imagine?

www.gistwithtessy.com

3 Likes

Re: See The Job Offer I Got From " Dr. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala" by code9(m): 10:31am On Jun 24, 2015
MissTechy:
2. Even though I would like to believe that my profile is cool, I should have realized that the probability of Ngozi Iweala sending me a request is 10/100 (Blame the excitement I had for that)

In case you’ve ever got such request on LinkedIn, kindly look at the two options (especially number one) before accepting.

P.S: If she is the real Ngozi Iweala, I still want the customs job though hehe cheesy

So guys using LinkedIn to search for jobs beware, there are a lot of scammers out there waiting to devour gullible Nigerians

Thanks for reading

Hahaha MissTechy. This is a pure scam and I can authenticate your story. This same scammer has approached me via LinkedIn with the exact same format and "caps lock". They used the name of the executive director Nigeria Ports Authority Engr. David Omonibeke David Kabokene. I am a tech spy but damn this guys are good. I have done everything to uncover this scam but it looked legit. No previous known scam alert of this type before on the internet.

I gave a benefit of doubt and called the recruitment officer yesterday and he asked me to send him my email and full name and that of the applicant whom I reffered to them. I did and since have not gotten any feedback. I was patiently waiting for any financial request from them or any irregularities to flag my red banner. But thank God you brought this up ASAP. I am on high alert and so should every other person be. The scam Is so clean for it to have gotten me at all. I can smell a scam from a mile, but this one... Thumbs up!

18 Likes 3 Shares

Re: See The Job Offer I Got From " Dr. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala" by bosco9: 10:44am On Jun 24, 2015
Please what's this LinkedIn all about?Cause I can see the app on my fone.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: See The Job Offer I Got From " Dr. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala" by Dmayor7(m): 10:45am On Jun 24, 2015
code9:

Hahaha MissTechy. This is a pure scam and I can authenticate your story. This same scammer has approached me via LinkedIn with the exact same format and "caps lock". They used the name of the executive director Nigeria Ports Authority Engr. David Omonibeke David Kabokene. I am a tech spy but damn this guys are good. I have done everything to uncover this scam but it looked legit. No previous known scam alert of this type before on the internet.

I gave a benefit of doubt and called the recruitment officer yesterday and he asked me to send him my email and full name and that of the applicant whom I reffered to them. I did and since have not gotten any feedback. I was patiently waiting for any financial request from them or any irregularities to flag my red banner. But thank God you brought this up ASAP. I am on high alert and so should every other person be. The scam Is so clean for it to have gotten me at all. I can smell a scam from a mile, but this one... Thumbs up!

Also make sure you get the applicant that you reffered to know this and be watchful..

Lest, they see him as an easy prey and pounce on him unknowingly..
Re: See The Job Offer I Got From " Dr. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala" by Nobody: 10:49am On Jun 24, 2015
Scammers everywhere...

The first rule and only rule to deal with them is ' thou shall not be gullible'

2 Likes

Re: See The Job Offer I Got From " Dr. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala" by tuncutie(f): 10:52am On Jun 24, 2015
true...thats aw one mumu on linkedin asked me to pay 1500 into hia account

plenty Scammers r everwere!
Re: See The Job Offer I Got From " Dr. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala" by CR77(f): 11:28am On Jun 24, 2015
Be at alert smiley
Re: See The Job Offer I Got From " Dr. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala" by Nobody: 11:28am On Jun 24, 2015
Hmmmm job offer expensive! grin

Since when did Finance Minster start offering job for Customs?

Nigeria!

7 Likes

Re: See The Job Offer I Got From " Dr. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala" by Nobody: 11:29am On Jun 24, 2015
Adonbilivit

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Opinion: Top 10 Government Agencies To Work For / Npower Physical Verification Starts Officially On Tuesday 14th June To Saturday / E-recruiter MTN Graduate Trainee

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.