Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,486 members, 7,801,240 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 12:49 PM

57 Great Fact About Earth You Dont Know - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 57 Great Fact About Earth You Dont Know (6098 Views)

Ambode sacks 57 LG Executive Secretaries / Global Coalition Against Corruption: Diezani, Ibori, Dariye, 57 Other Nigerians. / if you dont know any of these, you shouldn't be discussing nigerian politics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 57 Great Fact About Earth You Dont Know by XavierBlue(m): 11:38am On Jun 24, 2015
52. Earth, Texas is the only place on Earth named"Earth."

Re: 57 Great Fact About Earth You Dont Know by XavierBlue(m): 11:39am On Jun 24, 2015
53. An apple didn't hit Isaac Newton on the head, but it did make him wonder if the force that makes apples fall influences the moon's motion around Earth.

Re: 57 Great Fact About Earth You Dont Know by XavierBlue(m): 11:44am On Jun 24, 2015
54. A year on Earth isn’t 365 days
It’s actually 365.2564 days. It’s this extra .2564 days that creates the need for leap years. That’s why we tack on an extra day in February every year divisible by 4 – 2004, 2008, etc – unless it’s divisible by 100 (1900, 2100, etc)… unless it’s divisible by 400 (1600, 2000, etc)

Re: 57 Great Fact About Earth You Dont Know by XavierBlue(m): 11:45am On Jun 24, 2015
55. The Earth tilts at roughly 66 degrees.

Re: 57 Great Fact About Earth You Dont Know by XavierBlue(m): 11:47am On Jun 24, 2015
56. Each winter there are about 1 septillion (1, 000, 000, 000, 000, 000, 000, 000, 000 or a trillion trillion) snow crystals that drop from the sky

Re: 57 Great Fact About Earth You Dont Know by XavierBlue(m): 11:49am On Jun 24, 2015
57. EuropeandAfricaare onlyseparatedby14.3 km(8.9 mi) of ocean and there are talks of creating thelongest bridgeever
Re: 57 Great Fact About Earth You Dont Know by hottestlegs: 11:50am On Jun 24, 2015
XavierBlue:
If you drilled a tunnel straight through the Earth and jumped in, it would take you about 42 minutes to get to the other side.
www.nairaland.com/attachments/2552347_tunnelearth_jpega1db4bf90fd343fec6a9e97d29d1d31d

but gravity as postulated by Newtons universal inverse square law acts towards the center of mass of the bodies involve. So when the person involved in the jump gets past the center of the earth will its inertial be enough to get him to the surface against the gravitational force now acting in the revers direction undecided

well as a theoretical physicist I expect a simple harmonic motion about the center of the earth baring all other uncertainty like electrostatic/electromagnetic impulses, pressure and temperature effect, etc

3 Likes

Re: 57 Great Fact About Earth You Dont Know by XavierBlue(m): 11:52am On Jun 24, 2015
57. Europe and Africa are only separated by14.3 km(8.9 mi) of ocean and there are talks of creating the longest bridge ever

Re: 57 Great Fact About Earth You Dont Know by Dannidom(m): 11:54am On Jun 24, 2015
hottestlegs:

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2552347_tunnelearth_jpega1db4bf90fd343fec6a9e97d29d1d31d

but gravity as postulated by the Newtons universal inverse square law acts towards the center of mass of the bodies involve. So when the person involved in the jump gets past the center of the earth will its inertial be enough to get him to the surface against the gravitational force now acting in the revers direction undecided
Meaning you will hang at the core of the earth

1 Like

Re: 57 Great Fact About Earth You Dont Know by XavierBlue(m): 11:54am On Jun 24, 2015
All facts and pictures are gotten from.

http://space-facts.com/solar-system/

http://www.factslides.com/s-Earth.

Thanks.

Cc. Ishilove, lalasticlala, seun.
Re: 57 Great Fact About Earth You Dont Know by XavierBlue(m): 11:58am On Jun 24, 2015
Olofintoto:
I dey enjoy ur facts.
thanks for coming by.

XavierBlue
Re: 57 Great Fact About Earth You Dont Know by XavierBlue(m): 11:58am On Jun 24, 2015
hottestlegs:

but gravity as postulated by the Newtons universal inverse square law acts towards the center of mass of the bodies involve. So when the person involved in the jump gets past the center of the earth will its inertial be enough to get him to the surface against the gravitational force now acting in the revers direction undecided
that was an assumption.

XavierBlue
Re: 57 Great Fact About Earth You Dont Know by XavierBlue(m): 12:00pm On Jun 24, 2015
Olofintoto:
Everybody knows this.
ya,
Re: 57 Great Fact About Earth You Dont Know by hottestlegs: 12:02pm On Jun 24, 2015
XavierBlue:
that was an assumption.
XavierBlue
Dannidom:

well as a theoretical physicist I expect a simple harmonic motion about the center of the earth baring all other uncertainties like electrostatic/electromagnetic impulses, pressure and temperature effect, etc
Re: 57 Great Fact About Earth You Dont Know by XavierBlue(m): 12:07pm On Jun 24, 2015
hottestlegs:

well as a theoretical physicist I expect a simple harmonic motion about the center of the earth baring all other uncertainties like electrostatic/electromagnetic impulses, pressure and temperature effect, etc
why not put your theory into experiment by digging the tunnel, then we would be sure that the electromagnetic impules, and motion would take place.

That facts was only to emphasize a point, only stating the time it'll take you to go through the earth to the other side.

XavierBlue
Re: 57 Great Fact About Earth You Dont Know by ADAMUdaCOWBOY: 12:09pm On Jun 24, 2015
Dannidom:
No. At the core of the earth, you will have attained optimum acceleration and inertia will ensure you keep moving, but whether inertia will get you to the other end is what I don't know.
Re: 57 Great Fact About Earth You Dont Know by hazyfm: 12:12pm On Jun 24, 2015
BEBETO
ecnuel:
OP, you said 57 facts.
Re: 57 Great Fact About Earth You Dont Know by XavierBlue(m): 12:14pm On Jun 24, 2015
ADAMUdaCOWBOY:

No. At the core of the earth, you will have attained optimum acceleration and inertia will ensure you keep moving, but whether inertia will get you to the other end is what I don't know.
maybe as you pass through half of the earth, you will be positively electromagnetic, thus as your reach the core, there will be an attraction of you to the other part.

XavierBlue

1 Like

Re: 57 Great Fact About Earth You Dont Know by hottestlegs: 12:25pm On Jun 24, 2015
XavierBlue:
why not put your theory into experiment by digging the tunnel, then we would be sure that the electromagnetic impules, and motion would take place.

That facts was only to emphasize a point, only stating the time it'll take you to go through the earth to the other side.

XavierBlue

No no no! darline you misunderstood me here. all am saying is mainly on a theoretical physics point of view. the act of drilling a hole of over 12K kilometer may not be achieved in our life time. I only posit that if it were possible then content to the possibility of emergence at the other end of the earth's surface becomes a subject of gravity, center of gravity of the earth and the inertial of the falling body. I will try out this calculation maybe when am less busy. cheers smiley
Re: 57 Great Fact About Earth You Dont Know by Macelliot(m): 12:30pm On Jun 24, 2015
XavierBlue:
If you drilled a tunnel straight through the Earth and jumped in, it would take you about 42 minutes to get to the other side.
You lied...
Your undiluted theory contradicts the law of gravititation force..
Re: 57 Great Fact About Earth You Dont Know by HAKKINS(f): 12:31pm On Jun 24, 2015
ALSO THE EARTH ACCORDING TO SOME SCIENTIST WAS CREATED 4.54 BILLION YEARS AGO
Re: 57 Great Fact About Earth You Dont Know by XavierBlue(m): 12:31pm On Jun 24, 2015
hottestlegs:

No no no! darline you misunderstood me here. all am saying is mainly on a theoretical physics point of view. the act of drilling a hole of over 12K kilometer may not be achieved in our life time. I only posit that if it were possible then content to the possibility of emergence at the other end of the earth's surface becomes a subject of gravity, center of gravity of the earth and the inertial of the falling body. I will try out this calculation maybe when am less busy. cheers smiley
ok. Goodluck in your mathematical endeavours. Do us good to post the end result when you're done. :-)

XavierBlue
Re: 57 Great Fact About Earth You Dont Know by Macelliot(m): 12:32pm On Jun 24, 2015
XavierBlue:
5. There are more living organisms in a teaspoonful of soil than there are people on earth
You lied
Re: 57 Great Fact About Earth You Dont Know by Macelliot(m): 12:34pm On Jun 24, 2015
XavierBlue:
10. The Earth's core is about as hot as the sun.
Another lie..
Re: 57 Great Fact About Earth You Dont Know by Macelliot(m): 12:36pm On Jun 24, 2015
XavierBlue:
20. The highest place on Earth, and closest to space, is Mount Chimborazo in the Andes
Another lie..
Where is Mount Everest?
Re: 57 Great Fact About Earth You Dont Know by hottestlegs: 12:46pm On Jun 24, 2015
nobody seemed to solve my little geometric pussle here https://www.nairaland.com/2400703/unravel-geometric-pussle#35096898
Re: 57 Great Fact About Earth You Dont Know by XavierBlue(m): 12:49pm On Jun 24, 2015
Macelliot:

You lied...
Your undiluted theory contradicts the law of gravititation force..
lolz. www.factslide.com they lied not me.

XavierBlue
Re: 57 Great Fact About Earth You Dont Know by XavierBlue(m): 12:52pm On Jun 24, 2015
Macelliot:

Another lie..
Where is Mount Everest?
guy you're really gettin on my nerves. I know of a bee farmer who owns me a favour.

XavierBlue
Re: 57 Great Fact About Earth You Dont Know by XavierBlue(m): 12:54pm On Jun 24, 2015
Macelliot:

Another lie..
Where is Mount Everest?
it seems you're finding it hard to decipher the facts, you'll need a little bit of sense and wisdom.

XavierBlue
Re: 57 Great Fact About Earth You Dont Know by pcicero(m): 2:34pm On Jun 24, 2015
58. The earth is the Lord's and its fullness thereof. (Psalm 24:1)

1 Like

Re: 57 Great Fact About Earth You Dont Know by XavierBlue(m): 2:36pm On Jun 24, 2015
pcicero:
58. The earth is the Lord's and its fullness thereof. (Psalm 24:1)

hey! I can't decipher your point here.

XavierBlue
Re: 57 Great Fact About Earth You Dont Know by daveP(m): 2:43pm On Jun 24, 2015
Mehn. That hole in russia. Always trying abstract stuff. Even in mathematics.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

EFCC Returns Seized 48 Houses To Timipre Sylva / ICPC Lied, No Constituency Project Items Recovered From Me – Sen. Buruji Kashamu / Did I Just Receive Money From Federal Government?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.