Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,355 members, 7,808,241 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:15 AM

My Dad Calls My Girl Like Every Day. - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Dad Calls My Girl Like Every Day. (44642 Views)

My Dad Gave N3m To His Boss' Wife To Buy Vehicle For Him, Now He's Dead / My Dad Cheated On My Mum Before She Died And He's Still Doing It / My Mum Calls Me While My Dad Calls My Senior Brother! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Dad Calls My Girl Like Every Day. by Freest(m): 8:25pm On Jun 24, 2015
I happened to be in a relationship and for the first time i asked my girl to come meet my parents since we started getting serious and next year i have plans to get married to her. she met my parents three weeks ago and stayed in our family house for about a week before going back. Since then my Dad calls her like every day just to check up on her. This is beginning to get me worried as it is unusual of my Dad. FYI my Dad is a clergy man and very disciplined hence i know nothing is wrong negatively. But my concern is that the man is taking the relationship more serious than even me in the relationship. Am concerned and my girl is so excited about it. I had plans to talk to my dad but don't know if it is right. I feel my dad is making this girl feel supercool and am not comfortable with that. Please i need candid advice!!!

#Freest#

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Dad Calls My Girl Like Every Day. by vizkiz: 8:31pm On Jun 24, 2015
I think your dad wants some wink
E still dey body! cheesy
Abeg leave the old man alone let him have fun a little.

I think something went down during that period she came visiting... I smell something fishy undecided

Abeg na Joke oh, before them kidnap me for here! grin

114 Likes 11 Shares

Re: My Dad Calls My Girl Like Every Day. by Slimzjoe(m): 8:32pm On Jun 24, 2015
Two things are Involved..... Your Father Likes her very much and Want to know her More or

She's a Potential Stepmom to you grin

236 Likes 11 Shares

Re: My Dad Calls My Girl Like Every Day. by UnknownT: 8:33pm On Jun 24, 2015
Your Girlfriend will soon upgrade to become your Stepmother wink

161 Likes 6 Shares

Re: My Dad Calls My Girl Like Every Day. by Melahou(m): 8:33pm On Jun 24, 2015
You should be very concern about it...
No need confronting your dad instead talk to your girl and make her understand you are not comfortable...if there's a way she can ignore his calls most times to as to pass the message to your dad...
But be calm about it

36 Likes

Re: My Dad Calls My Girl Like Every Day. by Nobody: 8:38pm On Jun 24, 2015
vizkiz:
E still dey body! cheesy
weird!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Dad Calls My Girl Like Every Day. by valmunich(m): 8:39pm On Jun 24, 2015
Go talk to the old man joor. . . what rubbish. undecided

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My Dad Calls My Girl Like Every Day. by sholikay(m): 8:40pm On Jun 24, 2015
What an elderly person sees while sitting, if a child should CLIMB MTN mast he or she will not see it..
Leave the old man make him do thorough investigation, since you said he's a clergy man..
He's your father, you ought to have known the kind of person he is before you make a mistake of suspecting him wrongly. Even baba God go vex for you..

129 Likes 10 Shares

Re: My Dad Calls My Girl Like Every Day. by LewisO: 8:41pm On Jun 24, 2015
Anytime he calls, tell your wife she shouldn't pick it, you should be the one picking his calls... When you pick his calls several times he will feel ashamed of himself and stop calling her.

Tell your girlfriend she shouldn't entertain such thing from him.

Who knows if she is even feeling the scenario... Don't trust her either.

24 Likes 6 Shares

Re: My Dad Calls My Girl Like Every Day. by NoMoreTrolling: 8:42pm On Jun 24, 2015
Simples, just get rid of the milkshake angry

115 Likes 7 Shares

Re: My Dad Calls My Girl Like Every Day. by Nobody: 8:45pm On Jun 24, 2015
vizkiz:
E still dey body! cheesy
lyk fada like son...

but dis op is d greatest liar in

d

history of humanity

2 Likes

Re: My Dad Calls My Girl Like Every Day. by Freest(m): 8:46pm On Jun 24, 2015
Melahou:
You should be very concern about it...
No need confronting your dad instead talk to your girl and make her understand you are not comfortable...if there's a way she can ignore his calls most times to as to pass the message to your dad...
But be calm about it
well, from what i can be certain of about my dad is the d fact that he cant mess around. Outside being a very dedicated pastor, he also is a disciplinarian and he doesn't even condole rubbish from us. told is the only day we'll bring a girl to his house is if we sure she's the one we wanna marry. And after all my dad is in Edo state and my girl in Lagos. So i don't see anything happening between them. But am still concerned abt the calls on daily basis.

1 Like 4 Shares

Re: My Dad Calls My Girl Like Every Day. by vizkiz: 8:48pm On Jun 24, 2015
Jollyjoy:
weird!

weird? How
So because he's gat a son, his "some,some" should not function again abi? undecided

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Dad Calls My Girl Like Every Day. by OkunrinMeta: 8:53pm On Jun 24, 2015
Freest:

well, from what i can be certain of about my dad is the d fact that he cant mess around. Outside being a very dedicated pastor, he also is a disciplinarian and he doesn't even condole rubbish from us. told is the only day we'll bring a girl to his house is if we sure she's the one we wanna marry. And after all my dad is in Edo state and my girl in Lagos. So i don't see anything happening between them. But am still concerned abt the calls on daily basis.

My advise, just relax. It should be funny to you na, since you are sure your dad is never going to try anything, just relax, i dont see any big deal, i would be making fun out of it in my own way if i were you. I think your dad is one of the special ones

4 Likes

Re: My Dad Calls My Girl Like Every Day. by Freest(m): 8:55pm On Jun 24, 2015
vizkiz:
E still dey body! cheesy
shey you will come and help me give him u can perform the task too na...

1 Like

Re: My Dad Calls My Girl Like Every Day. by Nobody: 8:57pm On Jun 24, 2015
He likes her i think smiley no string attached op,so b calm.Maybe just friends with benefits cheesy

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Dad Calls My Girl Like Every Day. by Melahou(m): 9:00pm On Jun 24, 2015
Freest:

Something may not be happening per say but it's not proper.
Who knows your girl may read a different meaning to it.
Besides what happens when you eventually get married to her...
It's better if its once in awhile thing.

9 Likes

Re: My Dad Calls My Girl Like Every Day. by Freest(m): 9:01pm On Jun 24, 2015
OkunrinMeta:

My advise, just relax. It should be funny to you na, since you are sure your dad is never going to try anything, just relax, i dont see any big deal, i would be making fun out of it in my own way if i were you. I think your dad is one of the special ones
Thanks bro..... but with all i just dey hope his ways wouldn't tie my hands in the relationship cos i notice he really approves of her.... and that makes me feel the girl will be too free or relaxed and you know ladies.... it will start entering their head and making them misbehave....

7 Likes

Re: My Dad Calls My Girl Like Every Day. by Melahou(m): 9:02pm On Jun 24, 2015
Freest:

Something may not be happening per say but it's not proper.
Who knows your girl may read a different meaning to it.
Besides what happens even you eventually get married to her...
It's better if its once in awhile thing.
Re: My Dad Calls My Girl Like Every Day. by Freest(m): 9:05pm On Jun 24, 2015
Luedave:
lyk fada like son...

but dis op is d greatest liar in

d

history of humanity
What made me a liar? because you quoting a girl..

please biko, if you don't have any better contributions better run outa my thread before i change my mind....
Re: My Dad Calls My Girl Like Every Day. by prettyjo(f): 9:19pm On Jun 24, 2015
shocked
Re: My Dad Calls My Girl Like Every Day. by Nobody: 9:26pm On Jun 24, 2015
Everyday is too much grin

Should be because you never took anyone home.
You know your parent. You should have waited till after you proposed to her.

8 Likes

Re: My Dad Calls My Girl Like Every Day. by realtestament(m): 9:29pm On Jun 24, 2015
Ur dad is a caring dad grin

#But wait o! Make e no be d same feeling him dey catch wen him see ya mama o, else u go soon be ur galfrnd stepson wink

1 Like

Re: My Dad Calls My Girl Like Every Day. by Freest(m): 9:31pm On Jun 24, 2015
baibijay:
Everyday is too much grin

Should be because you never took anyone home.
You know your parent. You should have waited till after you proposed to her.
My dear.... I will tell you i now regret taking her home..... i only did that cos i invited her for my sisters introduction just to enable her also meet my people including my parents. since then my life has never remained thesame. The funny thing is that even my mum holds her so close. in high esteem.... and its scaring me so much cos i feel d effect may be negative!!! i might be wrong tho

2 Likes

Re: My Dad Calls My Girl Like Every Day. by Nobody: 9:37pm On Jun 24, 2015
Freest:

My dear.... I will tell you i now regret taking her home..... i only did that cos i invited her for my sisters introduction just to enable her also meet my people including my parents. since then my life has never remained thesame. The funny thing is that even my mum holds her so close. in high esteem.... and its scaring me so much cos i feel d effect may be negative!!! i might be wrong tho

I know exactly how you feel. Take heart the deed has been done grin

6 Likes

Re: My Dad Calls My Girl Like Every Day. by flexingPAPA: 9:39pm On Jun 24, 2015
it will get to her head and she might start feeling invincible. tell ur dad to reduce the care and affection.......

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Dad Calls My Girl Like Every Day. by Gwan2(m): 9:42pm On Jun 24, 2015
Is simple.....
Ur Dad have seen å wife material in d gal n dont want you to lose her....Also he wants you more committed in d relationship to her, daz why he persistently calls her.
Jus assured him of ur stance wit d gal daz if u rili want her ås a wife...and politely tell him ur nt comfortable wit his incessant calls.

27 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Dad Calls My Girl Like Every Day. by flexingPAPA: 9:44pm On Jun 24, 2015
Freest:

you are not wrong, i hav had similar experience in d past......unless she is perfect in xracter...
Re: My Dad Calls My Girl Like Every Day. by Nobody: 9:44pm On Jun 24, 2015
Freest:

What made me a liar? because you quoting a girl..

please biko, if you don't have any better contributions better run outa my thread before i change my mind....
hahahahaha change which mind? sad

abi u wan chop cyber slap ni

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Dad Calls My Girl Like Every Day. by Nobody: 10:07pm On Jun 24, 2015
Since you know your dad to be a disciplined and responsible man, I don't think you should read negatively into it.. He might just genuinely like her as his future daughter-in-law.

9 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Why Aren't Today's Marriages Lasting Like Those Of Our Parents And Forefathers? / Newlywedded Nigerian Lady Discovers She Married “I Better Pass My Neighbor” Gen. / How I Got Back At My Cheating Nigerian Husband - US Based Lady (pix/video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 102
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.