Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,281 members, 7,780,641 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 06:22 PM

Working With The Big4, Your Experience. - Career (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Working With The Big4, Your Experience. (49146 Views)

Share Your Experience With Female Bosses. / Ever Resigned From A New Job A Month Or Less? Share Your Experience! / Working With A Falsified Statement Of Result For 2 Yrs (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Working With The Big4, Your Experience. by Nobody: 9:25pm On Jul 28, 2015
masagoody:

if they work mostly from the office, why do they still close late? deadlines? can't one leave when it's closing time?

Closing time is not closing time

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Working With The Big4, Your Experience. by Emmaesty(f): 1:38pm On Oct 19, 2015
Re: Working With The Big4, Your Experience. by masagoody(m): 1:17pm On Oct 20, 2015
PrivateRyan:

Closing time is not closing time
indeed closing time is not closing time.!

2 Likes

Re: Working With The Big4, Your Experience. by blackfm: 3:39pm On Mar 13, 2016
Hi guys, I just clocked 25. Graduated with a 2.2 in accounting and I have 3years experience in Internal Control in a commercial bank. I'm looking to move to any of the core accounting firms, what's the best way to approach please?
N.B: I jst processed my ACCA exemptions and I'm fixing to take Sept exams
Re: Working With The Big4, Your Experience. by Nobody: 11:33pm On Mar 17, 2016
blackfm:
Hi guys, I just clocked 25. Graduated with a 2.2 in accounting and I have 3years experience in Internal Control in a commercial bank. I'm looking to move to any of the core accounting firms, what's the best way to approach please?
N.B: I jst processed my ACCA exemptions and I'm fixing to take Sept exams

KPMG and PwC wouldn't recruit a 2.2 graduate though, regardless of being chartered and having the experience. Dunno if the policy has changed but that's my current understanding.

You can however tey out Deloitte or EY. I'm not sure about their process of recruiting experienced hires though. I'll ask a friend in Deloitte and get back on that.

1 Like

Re: Working With The Big4, Your Experience. by Nobody: 7:59am On Mar 28, 2016
masonkz:

KPMG and PwC wouldn't recruit a 2.2 graduate though, regardless of being chartered and having the experience. Dunno if the policy has changed but that's my current understanding.

You can however tey out Deloitte or EY. I'm not sure about their process of recruiting experienced hires though. I'll ask a friend in Deloitte and get back on that.
do you know if any of the big four audit firms would honour a letter from any minister in respect of employment
Re: Working With The Big4, Your Experience. by masagoody(m): 1:09pm On Mar 28, 2016
foreveryours:
do you know if any of the big four audit firms would honour a letter from any minister in respect of employment
NEVEEEERRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!

4 Likes

Re: Working With The Big4, Your Experience. by ElDeeVee(m): 4:59pm On Mar 28, 2016
foreveryours:
Lol! Bros, tell Oga Minister to give me a recommendation letter to NNPC or any of its giant subsidiaries; then I'll gladly give you my 'big 4' job cool cool

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Working With The Big4, Your Experience. by Nobody: 9:43pm On Mar 28, 2016
ElDeeVee:

Lol! Bros, tell Oga Minister to give me a recommendation letter to NNPC or any of its giant subsidiaries; then I'll gladly give you my 'big 4' job cool cool

But, but....I thought you are hugely committed and passionate about your big4 job. cheesy

I mean, why would you leave for NNPC or Shell when you are a prospective partner material. grin
Re: Working With The Big4, Your Experience. by ElDeeVee(m): 10:34pm On Mar 28, 2016
adeaks:

But, but....I thought you are hugely committed and passionate about your big4 job. cheesy

I mean, why would you leave for NNPC or Shell when you are a prospective partner material. grin

Lol! I was only trying to help the guy sir.
I have what he wants, I like what he has grin grin

1 Like

Re: Working With The Big4, Your Experience. by yohmie: 12:50am On May 09, 2016
Good day everyone.

I am considering a career in audit or advisory and making the decision is really exhausting. I need more information to complete my decision process and that is what I am hoping you guys can help me with.

Is it possible for me to switch from Audit to Advisory within a firm? If it is, please, how easy is it?

Thanks.
Re: Working With The Big4, Your Experience. by Tolupride(m): 7:55am On Jul 06, 2019
I'm a fresh graduate of Finance with 2.1 and also a chattered accountant at age 23 but waiting for NYSC. How can I get a chance in the big4
Re: Working With The Big4, Your Experience. by NapoleonHill: 5:58pm On Oct 23, 2021
Jarus:
I never worked in any of them, but I'm somehow close to them. I have friends in all of them and I also have professional relationship with them as I have had to work with all of them as consultants to different companies I have worked for.

They are all a good place to work for. One of the best places anyone can work. The pay not so juicy but you have solid training and you have brand that can earn you opportunities in the future.

Yes, they have crazy deadlines, sometimes work on weekends. On a lighter note, they also brush you up and refine you from your ayam English to a (locally acquired) fonee speaking fellow that speaks from the nose. grin

ICAN/ACCA is not compulsory if you don't plan to go into auditing and tax. Advisory people hardly need all these.

Hello, Jarus! I was just running through the old threads and found your comment yet again. Your contributions to these threads are enormous and would never be forgotten.

I presently work as a trainee in the O&G sector with a company that pays quite poorly compared to the industry standard and conducts no formal training. Owing to your vast experience working with the best of them all, I wish to seek your opinion on how I can put myself in the right path to cling one of the creme de la creme of the industry. I'm willing to put in the effort, time and focus but I completely lack direction and guidance. Hope to hear from you, sir.

1 Like

Re: Working With The Big4, Your Experience. by DefJams: 9:00pm On Oct 23, 2021
Re: Working With The Big4, Your Experience. by Nobody: 10:28am On Oct 24, 2021
NapoleonHill:

Hello, Jarus! I was just running through the old threads and found your comment yet again. Your contributions to these threads are enormous and would never be forgotten.

I presently work as a trainee in the O&G sector with a company that pays quite poorly compared to the industry standard and conducts no formal training. Owing to your vast experience working with the best of them all, I wish to seek your opinion on how I can put myself in the right path to cling one of the creme de la creme of the industry. I'm willing to put in the effort, time and focus but I completely lack direction and guidance. Hope to hear from you, sir.

Follow me on Twitter @jraushub and tweet at me reminding me of this encounter. I will take it from there

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Police Officer Holds A Plate Of Food For His Madam In Viral Video (Pictures) / Meet Emeka Abugu, A Blind Vulcanizer & Mechanic In Enugu / 800k At Hand, Do I Travel Abroad For Greener Pasture Or Start Up A Biz Here?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.