Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,052 members, 7,807,158 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 10:29 AM

Nigeria May Return To Shagari Days - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria May Return To Shagari Days (977 Views)

President Buhari May Return Next Week; Sahara Reporters / Buhari May Return From Vacation This Saturday - Leadership / Tribunal: Wada May Return As Kogi Governor (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria May Return To Shagari Days by ZUBY77(m): 8:01am On Jun 25, 2015
Former Minister of Education, Dr. Oby Ezekwesili, has compared Nigeria’s recent economic situation to that of 1982 during the regime of former President, Shehu Shagari.

Ezekwesiili explained that the situation surrounding the economic, social and political sector is precarious and that managing such situations with uncertainty is most difficult.

The ex-minister made the statement while presenting a public lecture at the annual Public Service Celebration which took place at Adeyemi Bero Auditorium, Ikeja, lagos.

She stated that the economy had taken a nose dive and wondered how possible it was for Nigeria to find itself in the current situation.

She recalled that back in 1981 to 1982, Nigeria witnessed the same economic relapse as it is witnessing now, and that she had hoped that Nigeria would not suffer such situations ever again.

She said: “We have found ourselves in a situation where every sector is in a precarious situation. We are operating on uncertainty and it is most difficult.

“Our economy has taken a nose dive, and I ask how it is possible for Nigeria to find itself in this embarrassing situation.

“We are faced with similar economic conditions like that between 1981 and 1982 during the regime of former president Shehu Shagari.

“Nigerians must study history because people who do not study history risk repeating all the mistakes made in the past.”

http://dailyindependentnig.com/2015/06/nigeria-may-return-shagari-days-ezekwesili/

Cc -lalasticlala

1 Like

Re: Nigeria May Return To Shagari Days by ZUBY77(m): 8:03am On Jun 25, 2015
Let's have a critical analysis of this fraud called Oby.

I am Igbo and so is she. So don't think I am being tribalistic.

Here, Oby is justifying Buhari's coup in the name of condemning Shagari regime. Was Nigeria transformed into Japan during OBJ's Regime where she worked?

Coincidentally Buhari is the new President and all of a sudden, Oby is discussing Finance and economy.

Why did she forget the missing chibok girls?
Have they returned to the Government Secondary School where I heard the Principal has been rewarded?

Isn't this woman a noise maker who wants another federal appointment by condemning one government that ignored her and promoting another fraudulently?

The moment we begin to understand these thieves, we can then do something.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria May Return To Shagari Days by themonk(m): 8:05am On Jun 25, 2015
while USA is saying nigeria has one of the fastest growing economy in the world. politics is all about lying.
Re: Nigeria May Return To Shagari Days by majalisa(m): 8:11am On Jun 25, 2015
ZUBY77:
Where are the chicken girls
which one be chicken girls na?
Re: Nigeria May Return To Shagari Days by dddrexjr(m): 8:13am On Jun 25, 2015
themonk:
while USA is saying nigeria has one of the fastest growing economy in the world. politics is all about lying.
me sef tire oo #222=$1… sha someone said he's gonna make #1=$1
#westillwaiting#HOPE
Re: Nigeria May Return To Shagari Days by axiliborha(f): 8:23am On Jun 25, 2015
We don't even know the difference between the truth and a lie.....how can the Americans write that we have a fast growing economy and this Oby woman is telling us that our economy is relapsed abi ki lo pe....Me I go just they sUrvive on my own o I don't have time for shitty talks..... *folds mats and walks out of the thread*
Re: Nigeria May Return To Shagari Days by ejiroghene105(m): 8:27am On Jun 25, 2015
Share garri again? cry
Re: Nigeria May Return To Shagari Days by GrandMufti: 8:33am On Jun 25, 2015
Obasanjo's side chick grin grin grin
Re: Nigeria May Return To Shagari Days by UnknownT: 8:36am On Jun 25, 2015
Now I am confused. During campaign, we were told GEJ had taken Nigeria back to Shagari's era. That just like Buhari saved the day in Shagari's time, so he will do in GEJ'S time. Thank God he won. So why is Oby still saying this, are we to expect another Messiah(Buhari) ? She should be optimistic after all a Buhari has come to government
Re: Nigeria May Return To Shagari Days by denedene(m): 8:40am On Jun 25, 2015
oby what's the empirical evidence that the economy can be compared to that of shagari undecided
Re: Nigeria May Return To Shagari Days by themilanway(m): 8:51am On Jun 25, 2015
I didnt see where Oby was justifying the 82 coup,and yes she worked for OBJ but the economy wasn't as dire and critical as it is today,atleast he left some substantial amount of dollars in the country's coffer before leaving office.

Even the late Yar'adua left some thing concrete,how much did Jonathan left?

I don't know Oby personally but she doesn't strike me as a hungry stricken fellow,atleast her prestige and respect is still intact.

Same can't be said of a certain Femi Fani Kayode whom with Oby both served the same adminstration.

Did I mention Doyin Okupe?
Re: Nigeria May Return To Shagari Days by redsun(m): 8:54am On Jun 25, 2015
themonk:

Economy is about productive activities. If an economy is not producing it can not grow. Even though Africa has the tendency to be nest great thing,if the people remain in slumber,the potentials will remain uptapped.

I am beginning to hear that this new government is lifting bans on importations of mere things like furniture that the country can efficiently produce with all the natural and human resources abound.
What sense dies it make? It is a case of two steps forward and twenty steps backwards. We have to learn to feed ourselves,then we can be comfortably and economically independent.

(1) (Reply)

Pastor Joshua Iginla Gives Out 22 Cars, Others At Birthday. / Get ready to sell your private jets – Gov. Oshiomhole tell owners / US Pro-gay Group Infiltrates Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.