Stats: 3,150,007 members, 7,806,926 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 07:08 AM

Interesting Facts About The West African Giant Land Snails - Agriculture (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Interesting Facts About The West African Giant Land Snails (38067 Views)

Giant Land Snails Available For Sale In Large Quantities / I Killed This Giant Wild Cat For Killing My Chickens (Photos) / Matured African Giant Snail 4 Sale (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Interesting Facts About The West African Giant Land Snails by prinsam30: 7:05pm On Aug 10, 2016
dyoungforester:
Morning to you all, I'm available now, if you have any question to ask me you may ask and answer sha be provided. Thanks.
Dyoung forester.

good day my chairman, my question is that, how can I get these Snails for farming?

currently I'm in Kaduna, can u connect me to anyone, thanks
Re: Interesting Facts About The West African Giant Land Snails by dyoungforester(m): 9:55am On Aug 12, 2016
Morning, the Cost of setting up a Snailery has been discussed in this forum you can check it upfrom the earlier pages. Thanks
Re: Interesting Facts About The West African Giant Land Snails by dyoungforester(m): 10:00am On Aug 12, 2016
@ prisman, I don't think I have a colleague there at north but if I do I will update.
Re: Interesting Facts About The West African Giant Land Snails by dyoungforester(m): 1:43am On Sep 28, 2016
my new snailery

Re: Interesting Facts About The West African Giant Land Snails by dyoungforester(m): 1:47am On Sep 28, 2016
continuation on the snailery

Re: Interesting Facts About The West African Giant Land Snails by dyoungforester(m): 1:48am On Sep 28, 2016

Re: Interesting Facts About The West African Giant Land Snails by dyoungforester(m): 11:33pm On Sep 30, 2016
my snail night hunt

Re: Interesting Facts About The West African Giant Land Snails by teflondoncuzo(m): 2:24am On Oct 01, 2016
dyoungforester:
my snail night hunt
. Men u vexing oh, it's like I would come n collect some snails from u oh
Re: Interesting Facts About The West African Giant Land Snails by dyoungforester(m): 8:05am On Oct 01, 2016
OK, but remember say I be your boy...
Re: Interesting Facts About The West African Giant Land Snails by teflondoncuzo(m): 9:17am On Oct 01, 2016
dyoungforester:
OK, but remember say I be your boy...
. Baba no whine me where for Abk u dey
Re: Interesting Facts About The West African Giant Land Snails by dyoungforester(m): 11:13am On Oct 01, 2016
Ilupeju, Camp, Abeokuta, Ogun state, Nigeria.
Re: Interesting Facts About The West African Giant Land Snails by teflondoncuzo(m): 1:33pm On Oct 01, 2016
dyoungforester:
Ilupeju, Camp, Abeokuta, Ogun state, Nigeria.

We go hookup one if these days am at Astro
Re: Interesting Facts About The West African Giant Land Snails by dyoungforester(m): 7:33pm On Oct 02, 2016
A visitation to a client snailery

Re: Interesting Facts About The West African Giant Land Snails by dyoungforester(m): 7:37pm On Oct 02, 2016
Action time with my farm manager

Re: Interesting Facts About The West African Giant Land Snails by dyoungforester(m): 7:42pm On Oct 02, 2016
Action 2

Re: Interesting Facts About The West African Giant Land Snails by dyoungforester(m): 7:50pm On Oct 02, 2016
Stay tone and remain a snail breeder
Re: Interesting Facts About The West African Giant Land Snails by akzamani(m): 6:00pm On Nov 15, 2016
@Dyoungforester...
Like how many mature snails is ideal for a snail pen of this dimenson{length,breadth,height} 10ft by 5ft by 3ft.
Re: Interesting Facts About The West African Giant Land Snails by dyoungforester(m): 8:35pm On Nov 16, 2016
50-100 snail is OK.
Re: Interesting Facts About The West African Giant Land Snails by akzamani(m): 9:53pm On Nov 16, 2016
Thanks..
Re: Interesting Facts About The West African Giant Land Snails by Roubal: 12:52pm On Nov 22, 2016
Hello everybody,

really interesting reading. I would like to ask you. Is there many of snail farms in Nigeria?

Thanks for your response
Jan
Re: Interesting Facts About The West African Giant Land Snails by goobyparks(f): 5:29pm On Dec 05, 2016
dyoungforester:
HOW tO MAKE YOUR SNAIL GROW BIG aND bIGGEr
Alternate a variety of choice greens with compounded feed
Don't feed snailswaterleafs
Greens that will make them grow well and fast: mulberry leaves, pawpaw leaves, matured and about to ripen pawpaw fruits, locust bean pods (the yellow pulp inside) and the young green leaves as well
For ur baby snails feed them boiled eggs, loyamilk (high in calcium), mashed young tender leaves of mulberry, ugwu, pawpaw, and spray them "liquid ultra cal D" once a week during feeding (their body/foot absorbs it well).

Pls how can one get liquid ultra cal D ?
Re: Interesting Facts About The West African Giant Land Snails by goobyparks(f): 5:33pm On Dec 05, 2016
dyoungforester:
Feeding

What are those shredded things?
How do u clean up with food scattered like this?
Re: Interesting Facts About The West African Giant Land Snails by goobyparks(f): 7:08pm On Dec 05, 2016
dyoungforester:
Thanks @ gadget. If I want to give an advice with 1000 snails I would go for SEMI INTENSIVE system reasons been because it is more productive and it requires less work but total monitory is not feasible in terms of management routine like knowing the actual number of your snail..... but you can harvest your snail at night by bating them with fruiting juice then harvest the matured ones and leave the immature ones..... but with proper care and management you will shake the world with your WEST AFRICA GIANT LAND SNAIL. 1000 snails can reach up to 20million snails within a year.
Price analysis
I think with that number of snails you can get each of maginata from 80-100 because in Edo state one goes for 120 naira. while fulica can will be lower than that of maginata.

Why do u have to bath with fruit juice?
Re: Interesting Facts About The West African Giant Land Snails by goobyparks(f): 7:18pm On Dec 05, 2016
dyoungforester:
Do you know that selling of snails requires measuring of the total length of the snails before selling which the outcome measurement will determine how much each snails can go for when I first heard it, it sound strange to me but with proper explaination from my CO-FARMER with several years experience I later understood while it is done so.

Pls can u explain why this is done?
Re: Interesting Facts About The West African Giant Land Snails by dyoungforester(m): 10:04pm On Dec 11, 2016
that method was adopted based on some farmer interest but now the method is stale...
Re: Interesting Facts About The West African Giant Land Snails by dyoungforester(m): 10:09pm On Dec 11, 2016
snail business is a real business not under way round...
Re: Interesting Facts About The West African Giant Land Snails by dyoungforester(m): 9:48pm On Mar 17, 2017
good evening great farmers
Re: Interesting Facts About The West African Giant Land Snails by dyoungforester(m): 7:47pm On May 21, 2017
A time has come, the wind had blown, the nation had called, the called must be answered to without an iota of slackness among the feeble people. Dyoung Forester (I. E the C. E. O of Dyoungforester farms) is or would be leaving his beloved family and his Animals for the nation call to another man's land. My Beloved bunnies I. E RABBITS would miss me, my snails, sheep, goats, my crops would never forget my care for them. My neighbor in school would never forget their so called WORKERHOLIC, those passers-by who used to say eku ise ni beye would miss me, my vetenary services to my neighbors farm would never be forgotten. My campus villas I. E V. I mosque, Independent villa would never forget one of my nickname (Abu Debenson), my wife to be would also say Honey, Ife mi, Ayo mi I'm missing you already, my customers would also say Dyoung where are you? we want to patronize you.... Infact I can't forget all these memories. So the nature called is behind all these I. E NYSC program at Delta state. So Delta state had already hijacked me from my loved one in South west here, so no worries the spirit of entrepreneurer never dies irrespective of the constrains we go there we chop their money by given out what we have...
God bless my family
God bless my Home town
God bless FUNAAB
God bless Nigeria.
Our passion can never be truncated with these NYSC program. (Amin).

Re: Interesting Facts About The West African Giant Land Snails by dyoungforester(m): 4:13am On Jun 26, 2017
d big Marginata

Re: Interesting Facts About The West African Giant Land Snails by dyoungforester(m): 4:16am On Jun 26, 2017
a Margies and Snailery unit

Re: Interesting Facts About The West African Giant Land Snails by dyoungforester(m): 4:17am On Jun 26, 2017
m

Re: Interesting Facts About The West African Giant Land Snails by deeway200(m): 6:23am On Jun 26, 2017
please sir what type of soil did u use?

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Flood Destroys Garba Shehu's Farm In Jigawa State (Pictures) / 7 Top Cassava Buying Companies In Nigeria. / $150million OLAM Integrated Feedmill And Poultry In Kaduna State (Photos)