Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,395 members, 7,808,398 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:26 AM

Davidylan: Are Jews Going To Heaven? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Davidylan: Are Jews Going To Heaven? (3366 Views)

If U Could Take Just One Thing To Heaven, What Would It Be? / Pope Francis To Atheists: You Dont Have To Believe In God To Go To Heaven / Why Are Jews Not Christians? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Davidylan: Are Jews Going To Heaven? by javalove(m): 7:41pm On Feb 27, 2009
;d
Re: Davidylan: Are Jews Going To Heaven? by huxley(m): 7:57pm On Feb 27, 2009
I think they are as they are god's chosen people and have a different dispensation than the rest of us non-jews.
Re: Davidylan: Are Jews Going To Heaven? by javalove(m): 8:02pm On Feb 27, 2009
Davidylan !!!!!

@Huxely
Tnx for ur reply
Re: Davidylan: Are Jews Going To Heaven? by huxley(m): 8:13pm On Feb 27, 2009
javalove:

Davidylan !!!!!

@Huxely
Tnx for ur reply

Don't expect Davidylan to answer this. He knows where is is going to tie himself up in knots and steers clear of such questions.

But very good question and many thanks for asking. I await his answer though.
Re: Davidylan: Are Jews Going To Heaven? by Nobody: 8:15pm On Feb 27, 2009
[size=14pt]Acts 10:34 Then Peter opened his mouth, and said, Of a truth I perceive that God is no respecter of persons: 35 But in every nation he that feareth him, and worketh righteousness, is accepted with him.[/size]
Re: Davidylan: Are Jews Going To Heaven? by javalove(m): 8:18pm On Feb 27, 2009
davidylan:

[size=14pt]Acts 10:34 Then Peter opened his mouth, and said, Of a truth I perceive that God is no respecter of persons: 35 But in every nation he that feareth him, and worketh righteousness, is accepted with him.[/size]

RUBBISH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DAVID, ARE JEWS GOING TO HEAVEN?
Re: Davidylan: Are Jews Going To Heaven? by huxley(m): 8:37pm On Feb 27, 2009
5 These twelve Jesus sent out with the following instructions: "Do not go among the Gentiles or enter any town of the Samaritans. 6 Go rather to the lost sheep of Israel. 7 As you go, preach this message: 'The kingdom of heaven is near.' 8 Heal the sick, raise the dead, cleanse those who have leprosy,[b]drive out demons. Freely you have received, freely give. 9 Do not take along any gold or silver or copper in your belts; 10take no bag for the journey, or extra tunic, or sandals or a staff; for the worker is worth his keep. (Matthew 10:5-10)

"I was sent only to the lost sheep of the house of Israel." (Matthew 15:24)

QED
Re: Davidylan: Are Jews Going To Heaven? by StFunmi(f): 8:51pm On Feb 27, 2009

No, because you can only enter the gate through jesus the Christ. Nobody can enter heaven through the window. It's somewhere in the bible.
Re: Davidylan: Are Jews Going To Heaven? by Nobody: 9:32pm On Feb 27, 2009
javalove:

RUBBISH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

and just why is it rubbish? Because it doesnt conform to your own preconcieved ideas?

Did you read the verse at all? Did you see the terms "every nation (including the land of Israel)" and "him (including jews)" there?

A jew will go to heaven if he "fears Him and worketh righteousness".

You islamobot can call it rubbish again. Blind slaves of an idol.
Re: Davidylan: Are Jews Going To Heaven? by olanajim(m): 11:46am On Feb 28, 2009
How do you know whether someone (jew or christain) "fear Him" and what are your definition of "worked righteousness"?

I hope I will be guided, dear david?
Re: Davidylan: Are Jews Going To Heaven? by muhsin(m): 12:37pm On Feb 28, 2009
Aren't Jews worshiping another "god" other than Jesus? Then how are they to 'fear him' or 'work' in the 'right' path he worked or ordered to be followed? Then if thats what would qualify them to go to heaven, they won't. David?
Re: Davidylan: Are Jews Going To Heaven? by bilms(m): 12:54pm On Feb 28, 2009
There is only one God.

and God says: No me befor u serve me, because if u dont no me, how can u serve me? (hadeth Qudusi)

Anyone associating anything With Allah those not no him and there is no how he can serve him.

and anyone who do not serve God is not going to heaven.
Re: Davidylan: Are Jews Going To Heaven? by babs787(m): 7:21pm On Feb 28, 2009
@Davidylan

What do you have to say to your sisters post before I come using your book as well?

No, because you can only enter the gate through jesus the Christ. Nobody can enter heaven through the window. It's somewhere in the bible.
Re: Davidylan: Are Jews Going To Heaven? by Nobody: 10:22pm On Feb 28, 2009
olanajim:

How do you know whether someone (jew or christain) "fear Him" and what are your definition of "worked righteousness"?

I hope I will be guided, dear david?

1. It is not my place to "determine" those who "fear Him".
2. It is not my place to define "works of righteousness".
3. The bible has more than answered the two above questions several times over but ye blind slaves of the devil will never see it.

Luke 10:25 And, behold, a certain lawyer stood up, and tempted him, saying, Master, what shall I do to inherit eternal life?
26 He said unto him, What is written in the law? how readest thou?
27 And he answering said, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy strength, and with all thy mind; and thy neighbour as thyself.
Re: Davidylan: Are Jews Going To Heaven? by Nobody: 10:26pm On Feb 28, 2009
muhsin:

Aren't Jews worshiping another "god" other than Jesus? Then how are they to 'fear him' or 'work' in the 'right' path he worked or ordered to be followed? Then if thats what would qualify them to go to heaven, they won't. David?

- Salvation is NOT a national decision . . . it is a personal decision of the heart.

Romans 10:9 That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.
10 For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.
11 For the scripture saith, Whosoever believeth on him shall not be ashamed.
12 For there is no difference between the Jew and the Greek: for the same Lord over all is rich unto all that call upon him.
13 For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.
Re: Davidylan: Are Jews Going To Heaven? by Nobody: 10:29pm On Feb 28, 2009
bilms:

There is only one God.

True.

bilms:

and God says: No me befor u serve me, because if u dont no me, how can u serve me? (hadeth Qudusi)

No . . . revise as "and allah says". My God i know, the idol who speaketh in hadeth qudusi, i know not.

bilms:

Anyone associating anything With Allah those not no him and there is no how he can serve him.

Neither do we wish to serve him.

bilms:

and anyone who do not serve God is not going to heaven.

Because heaven is NOT an islamic concept. Jaanat is NOT the same thing as heaven because it means "paradise".
In christianity, heaven and paradise are NOT the same thing. Dont confuse yourself.
Re: Davidylan: Are Jews Going To Heaven? by Nobody: 10:30pm On Feb 28, 2009
babs787:

@Davidylan

What do you have to say to your sisters post before I come using your book as well?

stick to using the quran you confused muppets and slaves of an idol whose book you dont understand.
Re: Davidylan: Are Jews Going To Heaven? by Lagosboy: 11:05am On Mar 01, 2009
davidylan:

[size=14pt]Acts 10:34 Then Peter opened his mouth, and said, Of a truth I perceive that God is no respecter of persons: 35 But in [b]every nation he that feareth him, and worketh righteousness, is accepted with him[/b].[/size]

But this could apply to Hindus, Zorastrans,muslims, jews, Sikhs, Ba'ai and all other faiths who believes in the existence of God. Why do u hate muslims so much if according to you believe in the verse above to mean what you say.

"He that feareth Him"

Please you did not even define the HIM because the jews i know do not believe in you concept of God so how would they be among the "HE".

Eartmama,st funmi i like on this occassion because she hasnt been hypocritical and went straight with her convictions without mixing it with politics. I thought "Jesus is the way truth and life , no one goes to the Father except through him" even the muslims believes without believing in Jesus u cannot be a muslim so how do the jews come into place here.

Abeg moyin dont play poitics with your faith and call a spade a spade according to your bible. the questioner wasnt asking the jews as a nation or tribe but jews as followers of judaism.

I wonder if all the crusade against the jews by the christians was just a farcif this verse you quoted here was what u say it is,
Re: Davidylan: Are Jews Going To Heaven? by Nobody: 10:20pm On Mar 01, 2009
davidylan:

so much for the god of love dawoda keeps blathering about

davidylan:

- Salvation is NOT a national decision . . . it is a personal decision of the heart.

Romans 10:9 That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.
   10 For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.
   11 For the scripture saith, Whosoever believeth on him shall not be ashamed.
   12 For there is no difference between the Jew and the Greek: for the same Lord over all is rich unto all that call upon him.
   13 For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.

i doubt if even all dawoda acrobatics can explain how jesus(god) was raised by jesus(god) from the dead

back to the topic

http://www.simpletoremember.com/vitals/jewsandjesus.htm

excerpts

JEWS DO NOT ACCEPT JESUS AS THE MESSIAH BECAUSE:
         Intro: (What exactly is the Messiah?)
1) Jesus did not fulfill the messianic prophecies.
2) Jesus did not embody the personal qualifications of the Messiah.
3) Biblical verses "referring" to Jesus are mistranslations.
4) Jewish belief is based on national revelation.
At the end of this article, we will examine these additional topics:
5) Christianity contradicts Jewish theology
6) Jews and Gentiles
7) Bringing the Messiah

What exactly is the Messiah? (back)

The word "Messiah" is an English rendering of the Hebrew word "Mashiach", which means "Anointed." It usually refers to a person initiated into God's service by being anointed with oil. (Exodus 29:7, I Kings 1:39, II Kings 9:3)

Since every King and High Priest was anointed with oil, each may be referred to as "an anointed one" (a Mashiach or a Messiah). For example: "God forbid that I [David] should stretch out my hand against the Lord's Messiah [Saul], " (I Samuel 26:11. Cf. II Samuel 23:1, Isaiah 45:1, Psalms 20:6)

Where does the Jewish concept of Messiah come from? One of the central themes of Biblical prophecy is the promise of a future age of perfection characterized by universal peace and recognition of God. (Isaiah 2:1-4; Zephaniah 3:9; Hosea 2:20-22; Amos 9:13-15; Isaiah 32:15-18, 60:15-18; Micah 4:1-4; Zechariah 8:23, 14:9; Jeremiah 31:33-34)

Many of these prophetic passages speak of a descendant of King David who will rule Israel during the age of perfection. (Isaiah 11:1-9; Jeremiah 23:5-6, 30:7-10, 33:14-16; Ezekiel 34:11-31, 37:21-28; Hosea 3:4-5)

Since every King is a Messiah, by convention, we refer to this future anointed king as The Messiah. The above is the only description in the Bible of a Davidic descendant who is to come in the future. We will recognize the Messiah by seeing who the King of Israel is at the time of complete universal perfection.

1) JESUS DID NOT FULFILL THE MESSIANIC PROPHECIES (back)

What is the Messiah supposed to accomplish? The Bible says that he will:

A. Build the Third Temple (Ezekiel 37:26-28).

B. Gather all Jews back to the Land of Israel (Isaiah 43:5-6).

C. Usher in an era of world peace, and end all hatred, oppression, suffering and disease. As it says: "Nation shall not lift up sword against nation, neither shall man learn war anymore." (Isaiah 2:4)

D. Spread universal knowledge of the God of Israel, which will unite humanity as one. As it says: "God will be King over all the world -- on that day, God will be One and His Name will be One" (Zechariah 14:9).

The historical fact is that Jesus fulfilled none of these messianic prophecies.

Christians counter that Jesus will fulfill these in the Second Coming, but Jewish sources show that the Messiah will fulfill the prophecies outright, and no concept of a second coming exists.

2) JESUS DID NOT EMBODY THE PERSONAL QUALIFICATIONS OF MESSIAH (back)

A. MESSIAH AS PROPHET

Jesus was not a prophet. Prophecy can only exist in Israel when the land is inhabited by a majority of world Jewry. During the time of Ezra (circa 300 BCE), when the majority of Jews refused to move from Babylon to Israel, prophecy ended upon the death of the last prophets -- Haggai, Zechariah and Malachi.

Jesus appeared on the scene approximately 350 years after prophecy had ended.

B. DESCENDENT OF DAVID

According to Jewish sources, the Messiah will be born of human parents and possess normal physical attributes like other people. He will not be a demi-god, (1) nor will he possess supernatural qualities.

The Messiah must be descended on his father's side from King David (see Genesis 49:10 and Isaiah 11:1). According to the Christian claim that Jesus was the product of a virgin birth, he had no father -- and thus could not have possibly fulfilled the messianic requirement of being descended on his father's side from King David! (2)
SEE THE CATHOLIC CHURCH'S RESPONSE TO THIS QUESTION

C. TORAH OBSERVANCE

The Messiah will lead the Jewish people to full Torah observance. The Torah states that all mitzvot (commandments) remain binding forever, and anyone coming to change the Torah is immediately identified as a false prophet. (Deut. 13:1-4)

Throughout the New Testament, Jesus contradicts the Torah and states that its commandments are no longer applicable. (see John 1:45 and 9:16, Acts 3:22 and 7:37)  For example, John 9:14 records that Jesus made a paste in violation of Shabbat, which caused the Pharisees to say (verse 16), "He does not observe Shabbat!"

3) MISTRANSLATED VERSES "REFERRING" TO JESUS (back)

Biblical verses can only be understood by studying the original Hebrew text -- which reveals many discrepancies in the Christian translation.

A. VIRGIN BIRTH

The Christian idea of a virgin birth is derived from the verse in Isaiah 7:14 describing an "alma" as giving birth. The word "alma" has always meant a young woman, but Christian theologians came centuries later and translated it as "virgin." This accords Jesus' birth with the first century pagan idea of mortals being impregnated by gods.

B. CRUCIFIXION

The verse in Psalms 22:17 reads: "Like a lion, they are at my hands and feet." The Hebrew word ki-ari (like a lion) is grammatically similar to the word "gouged." Thus Christianity reads the verse as a reference to crucifixion: "They pierced my hands and feet."

C. SUFFERING SERVANT

Christianity claims that Isaiah chapter 53 refers to Jesus, as the "suffering servant."

In actuality, Isaiah 53 directly follows the theme of chapter 52, describing the exile and redemption of the Jewish people. The prophecies are written in the singular form because the Jews ("Israel"wink are regarded as one unit. The Torah is filled with examples of the Jewish nation referred to with a singular pronoun.

Ironically, Isaiah's prophecies of persecution refer in part to the 11th century when Jews were tortured and killed by Crusaders who acted in the name of Jesus.

From where did these mistranslations stem? St. Gregory, 4th century Bishop of Nazianzus, wrote: "A little jargon is all that is necessary to impose on the people. The less they comprehend, the more they admire."

5) CHRISTIANITY CONTRADICTS JEWISH THEOLOGY (back)

The following theological points apply primarily to the Roman Catholic Church, the largest Christian denomination.

A. GOD AS THREE?

The Catholic idea of Trinity breaks God into three separate beings: The Father, the Son and the Holy Ghost (Matthew 28:19).

Contrast this to the Shema, the basis of Jewish belief: "Hear O Israel, the Lord our God, the Lord is ONE" (Deut. 6:4). Jews declare the Shema every day, while writing it on doorposts (Mezuzah), and binding it to the hand and head (Tefillin). This statement of God's One-ness is the first words a Jewish child is taught to say, and the last words uttered before a Jew dies.

In Jewish law, worship of a three-part god is considered idolatry -- one of the three cardinal sins that a Jew should rather give up his life than transgress. This explains why during the Inquisitions and throughout history, Jews gave up their lives rather than convert.

B. MAN AS GOD?

Roman Catholics believe that God came down to earth in human form, as Jesus said: "I and the Father are one" (John 10:30).

Maimonides devotes most of the "Guide for the Perplexed" to the fundamental idea that God is incorporeal, meaning that He assumes no physical form. God is Eternal, above time. He is Infinite, beyond space. He cannot be born, and cannot die. Saying that God assumes human form makes God small, diminishing both His unity and His divinity. As the Torah says: "God is not a mortal" (Numbers 23:19).

Judaism says that the Messiah will be born of human parents, and possess normal physical attributes like other people. He will not be a demi-god, and will not possess supernatural qualities. In fact, an individual is alive in every generation with the capacity to step into the role of the Messiah. (see Maimonides - Laws of Kings 11:3)

C. INTERMEDIARY FOR PRAYER?

The Catholic belief is that prayer must be directed through an intermediary -- i.e. confessing one's sins to a priest. Jesus himself is an intermediary, as Jesus said: "No man cometh unto the Father but by me."

In Judaism, prayer is a totally private matter, between each individual and God. As the Bible says: "God is near to all who call unto Him" (Psalms 145:18). Further, the Ten Commandments state: "You shall have no other gods BEFORE ME," meaning that it is forbidden to set up a mediator between God and man. (see Maimonides - Laws of Idolatry ch. 1)

mogbe!

http://www.religioustolerance.org/chr_jcon.htm

PROGRAMS TO CONVERT JEWS TO CHRISTIANITY

Quotation:
"I am the way, and the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me." Christian Scriptures (New Testament), John 14:6. That passage has been a prime motivator of Christian evangelical activity towards Jews and other non-Christians:

Overview:

Relations between Christians and Jews have traditionally been horrific. Christians have a past history of exterminating large numbers of Jews and/or forcibly converting Jews to Christianity. The Christian church taught for many centuries that all of the Jews in 1st century Palestine were responsible for deicide -- the execution of Jesus. Further, they taught that each successive generation of Jews shared equal responsibility with their ancestors. Almost all denominations abandoned this belief by 1965.
In the 10th century, Christian Crusaders systematically exterminated uncounted thousands of Jews on their way to and from the Holy Land.
In 1492, Spanish Jews were given the option of converting to Christianity or being expelled from their own country.
The Spanish Inquisition was established, in part, to ferret out any former Jews that had not sincerely converted.
The predominately Christian American colonies frequently denied Jews the right to hold public office.
Pogroms (organized persecution and massacre of Jews) in Czarist Russia and in eastern Europe resulted in the deaths of countless thousands of Jews.
During the Nazi Holocaust of World War II, approximately 6 million Jews were exterminated by citizens of various European countries; the vast majority of the murderers considered themselves to be Christians; all were volunteers. There is a general consensus that the Holocaust could not have happened without centuries of Christian anti-Jewish teachings.
Anti-semitic attacks on individual Jews, their property, cemeteries and synagogues continue today worldwide, and are increasing in frequency.
More horrific details.

A main point of conflict between Jews and Christians today is the attempt by many conservative Christian groups to convert Jews to Christianity through persuasion. This is viewed by many Jews as an attack on their religion.

kai! of course, they were not er acting on the bible. . .

don't mind dawoda that noisemaking  worshipper/child of a man/god/spirit  grin
Re: Davidylan: Are Jews Going To Heaven? by Mustay(m): 11:10pm On Mar 01, 2009
Moved to Religion
Re: Davidylan: Are Jews Going To Heaven? by Nobody: 11:13pm On Mar 01, 2009
Lagosboy:

But this could apply to Hindus, Zorastrans,muslims, jews, Sikhs, Ba'ai and all other faiths who believes in the existence of God. Why do u hate muslims so much if according to you believe in the verse above to mean what you say.

It will only apply to WHOSOEVER first understands the "God" Peter was talking about in Acts. He certainly wasnt talking about "God" in a general sense . . .
Dont confuse issues.

Bastage:

"He that feareth Him"

Please you did not even define the HIM because the jews i know do not believe in you concept of God so how would they be among the "HE".

Stupid reasoning. Again the tendency to lump the jews together. The verses i just posted CLEARLY indicate God does not deal with christians as a group but as an individual. the individual Jews who know Christ as Lord and Saviour, just like the individual Congolese or Samoans or Aussies or Germans who do likewise will be saved.

Bastage:

Eartmama,st funmi i like on this occassion because she hasnt been hypocritical and went straight with her convictions without mixing it with politics. I thought "Jesus is the way truth and life , no one goes to the Father except through him" even the muslims believes without believing in Jesus u cannot be a muslim so how do the jews come into place here.

Again more decietful logic.

1. Muslims DO NOT regard their own "god" as a Father so that verse Funmi quoted automatically doesnt apply to you slaves.

2. even the muslims believes without believing in Jesus u cannot be a muslim - This is nothing but a sly trick of the devil to hoodwink those that will be lost. When you use the decietful term "believe in Jesus" (in the islamic way) it means something COMPLETELY different from the way it is used in the christian sense. We dont just rhetorically "believe" someone called Jesus existed as a servant of allah, WE BELIEVE AND HOLD THESE TO BE ETERNAL TRUTH that Christ Jesus is the Lord of Heaven and of Earth. Saviour of the World, Lamb of God and the Lion of Judah.

We and you are not on the same plane. Carrry your untenable, false idea of your own cooked up "jesus" away.

3. how do the jews come into place here - Just exactly like anyone else be he/she togolese, american or chinese - He that believeth on Christ shall be saved.

Bastage:

Abeg moyin dont play poitics with your faith and call a spade a spade according to your bible. the questioner wasnt asking the jews as a nation or tribe but jews as followers of judaism.

I have addressed it 1000 times but your blindfolds of deciet, anti-semitism and hate wont let you see.

The jews as followers of judaism is the same thing as the jewish nation (i dont mean the mishmash called Israel today) . . . you dont seem to be thinking straight.

I know he probably was asking the jews as a nation/tribe which was why i posted this first - Acts 10:34 Then Peter opened his mouth, and said, Of a truth I perceive that God is no respecter of persons: 35 But in every nation he that feareth him, and worketh righteousness, is accepted with him.

That wasnt refering to anyone as a nation but as an individual.
Re: Davidylan: Are Jews Going To Heaven? by MrCrackles(m): 11:17pm On Mar 01, 2009
St.Funmi:

Shut up, what do you know

Decieve yourself and those gullible enough to believe!
Re: Davidylan: Are Jews Going To Heaven? by Nobody: 11:18pm On Mar 01, 2009
Mustay:

Moved to Religion

yeah hypocrite . . . afraid again?

oyb:

so much for the god of love dawoda keeps blathering about

much better than your idol who plans mischief against those he pleases. Isnt he the same one who refused to forgive an allegedly repentant fellow? the same one who puts mostly women in hell for simple stuff like disobeying their husbands? the same one who doesnt mention the concept of love EVEN ONCE in his quran?

Yup i know which God i'd choose.

oyb:

i doubt if even all dawoda acrobatics can explain how jesus(god) was raised by jesus(god) from the dead

I wonder if sir oyb can also explain how his own jesus who he claims didnt die vanished to heaven (a feat even mohammad could not perform).

oyb:

don't mind dawoda that noisemaking  worshipper/child of a man/god/spirit  grin

Thank you . . . i'm perfectly fine with it. I even worshipped Him today again.
Re: Davidylan: Are Jews Going To Heaven? by MrCrackles(m): 11:19pm On Mar 01, 2009
Simple questions requiring simple answers, yet we are getting entangled in a quagmire!

Wahala dey oo
! grin
Re: Davidylan: Are Jews Going To Heaven? by Nobody: 11:21pm On Mar 01, 2009
MrCrackles:

Simple questions requiring simple answers, yet we are getting entangled in a quagmire!

Wahala dey oo
! grin

I started by giving short biblical answers to the question which clearly came with an ulterior agenda. See what your fellow slaves turned it into. Take a look at oyb's post . . . what has his gibberish to do with the question? A man who will look for ants in his neighbours house should be careful there are no termites in his own.
Re: Davidylan: Are Jews Going To Heaven? by toneyb: 12:56am On Mar 02, 2009
The answer to the question is that all jews will go to hell. The jews do not believe in jesus, and for you to go to the christian heaven according to the bible you first have to believe in jesus. the jews do not believe in jesus at all as far as they are concerned jesus is a false god that was never talked about in their religious books as christians will like to have people believe.
Re: Davidylan: Are Jews Going To Heaven? by Nobody: 2:08am On Mar 02, 2009
toneyb:

The answer to the question is that all jews will go to hell. The jews do not believe in jesus, and for you to go to the christian heaven according to the bible you first have to believe in jesus. the jews do not believe in jesus at all as far as they are concerned jesus is a false god that was never talked about in their religious books as christians will like to have people believe.

more uninformed gibberish. Here is what Paul (a jew) had to say -

Romans 11:1 I say then, Hath God cast away his people? God forbid. For I also am an Israelite, of the seed of Abraham, of the tribe of Benjamin. 2 God hath not cast away his people which he foreknew.

Read the rest of Romans 11, it is self explanatory.
Re: Davidylan: Are Jews Going To Heaven? by Nobody: 3:56am On Mar 02, 2009
And what about John 14v6? Christians usually explain it to mean that whoever does not accept Jesus Christ cannot be saved.
Re: Davidylan: Are Jews Going To Heaven? by Nobody: 4:30am On Mar 02, 2009
dawoda once talked about nigerian lecturers, who expect you to cram and regurgitate academic text without understanding/comprehending their basic message. it would seem the Nigerian style of acada has not quite left him.

the long and short of Christianity is - believe/accept jesus as your personal saviour and you will be saved, not so? do jews do this? are you categorically stating that jews, in spite of the fact that they do not accept jesus as their lord, are still going to heaven?

davidylan:

what has his gibberish to do with the question? A man who will look for ants in his neighbours house should be careful there are no termites in his own.

rotflmao! see the pikin with a forest in his eye who is constantly looking for with a microscope for the mote in his neighbour's cheesy

davidylan:

yeah hypocrite . . . afraid again?

much better than your idol who plans mischief against those he pleases. Isnt he the same one who refused to forgive an allegedly repentant fellow? the same one who puts mostly women in hell for simple stuff like disobeying their husbands? the same one who doesnt mention the concept of love EVEN ONCE in his quran?

Yup i know which God i'd choose.

na wa o -abeg please tell me - no be your god of love wey send katrina and other natural disaters? or perhaps that was satan?
Re: Davidylan: Are Jews Going To Heaven? by Nobody: 4:34am On Mar 02, 2009
http://www.biblestudy.org/question/how-do-jews-get-to-heaven-if-they-reject-jesus.html

How do Jews get to heaven if they reject Jesus? Print Page
Smaller Text | Larger Text

Q. What does the Bible tell us about those Jews who do not accept Jesus? How will God's chosen people go to heaven if they refuse to accept Christ as the Messiah?

A. It's true that there is no other name under heaven by which we may be saved (Acts 4:12).
"Therefore God exalted him [Jesus the Messiah] to the highest place and gave him the name that is above every name, that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, in heaven and on earth and under the earth, and every tongue confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father" (Philippians 2:9-11, New International Version throughout, unless otherwise stated).

Anyone who willfully, knowingly rejects Jesus as the Savior will miss out on salvation and the opportunity to live forever with our Father and His firstborn Son, Jesus.

Yet, in spite of all evangelical efforts by many churches, we see that the majority of people throughout time have not been followers of God.
"He [Jesus] was in the world, and though the world was made through him, the world did not recognize him. He came to that which was his own, but his own did not receive him. Yet to all who received him, to those who believed in his name, he gave the right to become children of God" (John 1:10-12).

As it turns out, that's part of God's plan for mankind during this era. The Bible reveals that God calls people to Christ (John 6:44). But God is not calling everyone now.

In order to answer your question fully, I need to tell you more about the wonderful plan of God.

dawoda - i thought he only cherry picked the Quran - interesting to know he also cherry picks his precious book grin
Re: Davidylan: Are Jews Going To Heaven? by Lagosboy: 7:53am On Mar 02, 2009
davidylan:

It will only apply to WHOSOEVER first understands the "God" Peter was talking about in Acts. He certainly wasnt talking about "God" in a general sense . . .
Dont confuse issues.

You are shooting yourself in the foot with this arguement of yours as it is exactly what i stated. The jews (believers in judaism and followers of their last prophet Moses) do not believe in the christian God and the christian concept of God. Simple question to you,

do the jews believe in the concept of trinity?
Do the jews beleive in Jesus even as a mere prophet?
Do the jews believe in Jesus as a Son of God
Do the jews believe in Jesus as God.

A simp,e yes or no answer to these question would summarise the arguement and save us a hell of time moving round circles.

davidylan:

Stupid reasoning. Again the tendency to lump the jews together. The verses i just posted CLEARLY indicate God does not deal with christians as a group but as an individual. the individual Jews who know Christ as Lord and Saviour, just like the individual Congolese or Samoans or Aussies or Germans who do likewise will be saved.

no need to go on the defensive by low language we are only trying to clear the air on issues and i am sure your brothers wouldnt be happy to see you calling names here as i havent addressed you in any derogatory manner. I am talking abt the jews individually as well. The individual congolese could be of any religion so also the individual german but we are talking about the individual jew who follows the judaism belief and holds on to the Talmud. We are not talking about the jews as a tribe as u never seem to grasp this concept. Jesus was a jew so as his diciples and Paul himself. I am talking of the followers of judaism as a faith like the black ethopian jews, like the caucasian jew and so on.

davidylan:

3. how do the jews come into place here - Just exactly like anyone else be he/she togolese, american or chinese - He that believeth on Christ shall be saved.

Again you are shooting yourself in the foot. The followers of judaism that rejected jesus and held on to Judaism till date, i should repeat my question above " Do these people believe in Christ?"

American,chinese example cannot come into place here because we are talking about followers of a faith not people united by tribe or country. A person of jewish tribe that believes in christ is now a jewish christian and no longer a follower of judaism, an example of this is Vununu the whistle blower.

davidylan:

I know he probably was asking the jews as a nation/tribe which was why i posted this first - Acts 10:34 Then Peter opened his mouth, and said, Of a truth I perceive that God is no respecter of persons: 35 But in every nation he that feareth him, and worketh righteousness, is accepted with him.

That wasnt refering to anyone as a nation but as an individual.

The questioner was asking about followers of judaism not jews as a tribe. please could the questioner modify the quuestion so as to not let David digress and try to play on our intelligence.

David "Are the followers of Judaism going to heaven?"
Re: Davidylan: Are Jews Going To Heaven? by No2Atheism(m): 8:53am On Mar 02, 2009
FIRST AND FOREMOST LET'S GET THE ANSWERS OUT OF THE WAY
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1. Who is a Jew

Answer: A descendant of Judah

2. So are all Isrealites known as Jews or not.

Answer: No. The name Jew only refers to those people who are members of the tribe of Judah.

3. Why

Answer: Because Judah is just one of the tribes of Isreal. Someone can be of another tribe of Isreal and not be a Jew. For example a Levite is not a Jew, A Napthali is not a Jew, A Benjamite is not a Jew.

4. Why do people call certain people jews today.
Answer:
First of all it has to do with deception and deceit, because some of those people who call themselves "jews" actually do not have any blood or biological relation to the ancient isrealites. Hence they are called Jews for personal and/or ulterior motives. Infact, most of those people themselves have been found not to be Jews by birth nor by blood, instead most of them call themselves jews by religion .i.e Judaism et al (an error in itself). Also historical research has pointed that some people who call themselves jews might actually be people known as Khazars (who and where the Khazars come from is something i personally don't have an answer for).
One thing is for sure, even the Messiah Himself (as detailed in the bible) said that some people who are not jews would claim to be jews :

Rev 2:9 I know thy works, and tribulation, and poverty, (but thou art rich) and I know the blasphemy of them which say they are Jews, and are not, but are the synagogue of Satan.

Rev 3:9 Behold, I will make them of the synagogue of Satan, which say they are Jews, and are not, but do lie; behold, I will make them to come and worship before thy feet, and to know that I have loved thee.

5. Then what is Judaism

Answer: Something similar to what the Pharasees were practicising during the time of the Messiah himself, during the time of Paul and during the time of Peter.

6. Then why are Muslims so hell bent on killing Jews since you say that even most of the Jews they are trying to kill (and use as an excuse for their murdering tendencies and jihad) are not even really related to the biblical ancient Isrealites.

Answer: First and foremost, Muslims are as confused as they come, knowing the truth is not part of their aim. Because if they did, they would realise they have been lied to both by allah (the moon good), by mohammmed and by their imams. However seeking the truth is not really part of their aim hence the need to be peddling about ignorant questions like "Are Jews going to Heaven". They would realise that is why their faith does not permit or allow its adherents to ask too much question, lest they find out the truth and change. Hence the reason why their faith "uses the punishment of death penalty" against those who either try to question their faith or those who find out the truth and convert away from their faith.

SECONDLY
---------------------

@davidylan, .welldone for trying to do your best to answer the ignorant questions being asked by those (muslims, atheists et al ,  ) who choose to remain without understanding.

I have to confess that it also sometimes feels like one is banging his/her head against the wall when one tries to discuss issues with them, it seems the Truth or Reason or Logic does not matter to them (even when there is a supporting scientific explanation), it seems as far as they are concerned, its either their way or the highway.

Yes i know it can be frustrating trying to explain something so simple to muslims, atheists and all, (that is why it is said that there are those who have eyes and ears but yet are not able to see nor hear). I have been there with people like those too, just keep trying your best, hopefully some of them who have a change of heart soon.

Finally @davidylan, once you realise that you are speaking but they (muslims, apostate believers, hindus, buddist, atheist et al) hear you not nor do they understand you, i would advise you to leave them alone to their ways because:

Prov 14:7 Go from the presence of a foolish man, when thou perceivest not in him the lips of knowledge.  

Prov 23:9 Speak not in the ears of a fool: for he will despise the wisdom of thy words.  

THIRDLY
---------------------------

Dont confuse issues.

Those who believe in the truth of the bible really have to start considering whether or not they want to continue to use the generic words "God" and "Lord", considering that its merely a generic english word which has been deceitfully used to encompass both the True Creator and the false gods (allah, allat, buddah, kabba stone, kabballa god, osiris et al).

The Creator in the bible puts an important emphasis on His True Name and also on the True name of His Son, hence its my opinion that differentiating who we are talking about would go a long way to help us to "come out of her".

That is why it is always good to clarify who one is refering to in his or her statement, because the generic term "God" or "Lord"  can easily be codified to mean an idol such as allah, buddah, baal, zeus et al, without the hearer even knowing what is going on.

Allah called himself Allah, Buddah called himself buddah, Zeus called himself Zeus (at least his followers did sha), Hence it is important to separate the names and not generalise so that , a muslim would know that we are not talking about his false god, an hindu would know that we are not talking about his false god, a buddist would know that we are not talking about his false god, etc

Moreover the name of an individual does not change (even in pronounciation) whether or not we speak english, spanish, german or spanglish, why then do believers of the bible allow themselves to be duped into using a generic name "God" that makes people falsely think that allah is the same as the person we are refering to.

Hence it is best to use the name that the Creator has used to call Himself in the scriptures so that we would be able to make it clear to those reading that we are not talking about a generic idol but rather that we are talking about the Creator of Heaven and Earth, the "I AM".

It is true that our Father in Heaven called Himself by many titles, however He and the Son have a unique name by which they call themselves.

Hence in conclusion, i would advise that those refering to the Creator of Heaven and Earth as detailed in the Bible should try and refer to Him in the name He has choosen to call Himself (יהוה Elohim) so that muslims, hindus, zoroastrians, buddist et al would clearly see that we are NOT talking about the same person at al.

PENULTIMATELY
-------------------

a. What or Where is Heaven?

Answer: The place described in the bible, as to where the throne of the creator of Heaven and Earth is.

b. Is Heaven in the bible the same thing as paradise in islam, or hinduism or buddism or any other "ism" false faith for that matter

Answer: NO

c. Why?

Answer: Because the Bible clearly describes how heaven is, what is in heaven, who is in heaven and what happens in heaven. Fortunately, this description is not the same as described by mohammed or allah or catholics or any other idol worshipper for that matter.

d. So is a Jew going to Heaven?

Answer: I DON'T KNOW, I CANNOT determine who goes or does not go to Heaven, it is not my decision or determination.

e. Why?
Answer:
Because a Jew is a descendant of Judah,, and Judah is a descendant of Isreal,, and Isreal is a descendant of Abraham, and Abraham is a descendant of Noah, and Noah is a descendant of Adam (just like you and I are also descendants of Adam). All descendants of Adam have sinned are condemned to eternal destruction (yes it is automatic, we are born with sin).

So you see, any "real" jew (and any other person for that matter) is born a sinner, irrespective of whether or not he/she is a jew or not. Thus merely being born a jew does not guarantee passage to heaven, for the simple fact that such a jew is still a sinner "by inheretance of the sin nature through Adam".

So a Jew without the hope of salvation through only the only begotten Son of the Heavenly Father, has no hope of making heaven in whatever form or manner.

Just the same way that:

a Yoruba without the hope of salvation through only the only begotten Son of the Heavenly Father, has no hope of making heaven in whatever form or manner.
a Caucasian without the hope of salvation through only the only begotten Son of the Heavenly Father, has no hope of making heaven in whatever form or manner.
an Hausa without the hope of salvation through only the only begotten Son of the Heavenly Father, has no hope of making heaven in whatever form or manner.
a Negro without the hope of salvation through only the only begotten Son of the Heavenly Father, has no hope of making heaven in whatever form or manner.
an Hindu without the hope of salvation through only the only begotten Son of the Heavenly Father, has no hope of making heaven in whatever form or manner.
an Arab without the hope of salvation through only the only begotten Son of the Heavenly Father, has no hope of making heaven in whatever form or manner.
a Muslim without the hope of salvation through only the only begotten Son of the Heavenly Father, has no hope of making heaven in whatever form or manner.
an atheist without the hope of salvation through only the only begotten Son of the Heavenly Father, has no hope of making heaven in whatever form or manner
a terroris[/b]t without the hope of salvation through only the only begotten Son of the Heavenly Father, has no hope of making heaven in whatever form or manner
[b]anybody else
(asian, eskimo, indian, chinese, korean, japanese) without the hope of salvation through only the only begotten Son of the Heavenly Father, has no hope of making heaven in whatever form or manner.

f. Then does that mean that everybody is going to be eternally destroyed,

Answer: No

g. Why?
Answer: Because the Father in Heaven has already made a way out for everybody to be saved. This way out is [i]ONLY by Grace through Faith [/i]in the only begotten Son of the Heavenly Father.

John 3:16 For יהוה so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

i. Then does that mean anybody(jews, yorubas, caucasians, arabs, persians, indians, hindus, chinese) can make it to Heaven?.
Answer: No.

j. Then who are those who would make it into Heaven?.
Answer: Only those people (jews, arabs, indians, yoruba et al) who are saved by Grace through Faith in the only begotten Son of the Heavenly Father have an assurance of making it into heaven. Any other person  just wasting his or her time for nothing.

John 14:6 Yahushua saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

FINALLY
----------
I am not really interested in wasting my time trying to answer further questions posed on this thread, because memory serves me right to know that those questions have been answered over and over again, hence repeating myself or corroborating others who have tried to answer them would only go to sustain the endless cycle of ignorance and babbling.

Infact its sometimes better not to argue with people who lack understanding, because arguing with them might even make other people think that one is also a fool like them.

Prov 26:4 Answer not a fool according to his folly, lest thou also be like unto him.

Prov 18:7 A fools mouth is his destruction, and his lips are the snare of his soul.  

Ps 92:6 A brutish man knoweth not; neither doth a fool understand this.  

Prov 1:22 How long, ye simple ones, will ye love simplicity? and the scorners delight in their scorning, and fools hate knowledge?

Prov 10:8 The wise in heart will receive commandments: but a prating fool shall fall.  

Prov 12:15 The way of a fool is right in his own eyes: but he that hearkeneth unto counsel is wise.  

Prov 13:16 Every prudent man dealeth with knowledge: but a fool layeth open his folly.  

Prov 13:20 He that walketh with wise men shall be wise: but a companion of fools shall be destroyed.  

Peace be unto you ,

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

President Obama Vs Revelation 13:15-18 / What's With Nigerian Churches And Hilarious Revival Themes? / Ishmael And Isaac, The Great Cover-up

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 150
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.