Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,906 members, 7,802,936 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 04:16 AM

Your Views On Interracial Dating - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Your Views On Interracial Dating (3168 Views)

Interracial Relationships - Somalis + Caribbean And Somalis + Other Africans / Leaving My Wife For Another Woman: Your Views / Interracial Dating & Marriage ("Jungle Fever") (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Your Views On Interracial Dating by flyingdut(m): 7:39pm On Sep 20, 2006
nigers especially in diaspora share your views/experiences on dating those of different colour ie. whites, yellow, brown et. al. are there more of black male/white female couples than white male/black female couples? is it true white women are mainly interested in black males because of the size of their 'ship'? is it because white men dont find black women attractive the reason you find comparatively less numbers of such pairings? are we blacks [africans specifically] only interested in oyinbos because of kpale [passport ie. an easy way of achieving legal status in foreign lands]

what are the challenges of being in a mixed relationship? racial discrimination, cultural conflicts, lack of acceptance by your white in-laws, raising mixed race kids, etc.

comments appreciated

Re: Your Views On Interracial Dating by BobbieMae(f): 7:51pm On Sep 20, 2006
Unfortunately i have no desire to date other races. Talkless of other culture.

Naija men rule!!! Yes give yourselves a round of applause. The blacker the berry the sweeter the juice.

Plus i hear say oyinbo man totolie resemble pencil, GOD FORBID. I no dey interested. But wait ooo, i hear say dem dey chop toto pass dudu men Anyways! I still no dey interested.

And who told you that white men dont find black sistuhs attractive. Let me let you in on a secret. Every white mans secret desire is to be with a black woman. Believe it!
Re: Your Views On Interracial Dating by drrionelli(m): 12:36am On Sep 21, 2006
This is one of the reasons I became a member of this site!  I really enjoy learning about how people in parts of the world other than my own, feel about this.

Personally, I really find that it doens't matter to me.  I know that from a genetic standpoint, we are much more alike than we are different.  So, as far as the colour of our skin, it really makes no more difference than if one person is right-handed and the other is left-handed.  Why would it? 

I respect that there are cultural ideas that cause people to feel differently about this issue, so if your culture has such ideas, please post them so that I might better understand why.

Incidentally, does "race" really exist?  If so, how is it defined? 

Also, would somebody please show me (if it can be found, which I question) the empirical evidence that says that the Instruments of black men (or brown men, or yellow men, or red men) is statistically larger than that of men of other groups?
Re: Your Views On Interracial Dating by iice(f): 3:14am On Sep 21, 2006
Hmmmm i got nothing against it. Especially when they find true happiness in the relationship. Hmmm i know that white men like to date black women but it's more common to see a black man with a white woman even more rare to see an asian man with a black woman. I have a german friend on only dates black women and only if they are africans. He has never dated a white woman, he has never dated an AA only Africans. (lets not go into the AA is africans too, i know that. I was refering to Africans born and bred in the Continent). I got friends who only date white chics and not blacks so its just a matter of preference and attraction.
Re: Your Views On Interracial Dating by crackmann(m): 12:47pm On Sep 21, 2006
i really have nothing against it. as long as u find someone u love men and you are comfy with her theres no problem. she might end up being the best thing for you.
yes u guys might have to go through discriminations and numerous abuse, but one thing you should ask them is who cares. as long as she is not sick wiv some kind of disease.
Re: Your Views On Interracial Dating by flyingdut(m): 7:19pm On Sep 21, 2006
there is no straight forward definition for the term race. there are political, social, psychological and scientific definitions. human beings where first classified into different races from the 17th century by francois bernard. most papers have differentiated races based on skin colour, hair type, body proportion and skull measurement.

that said, a definition i got for race is "a local geographic or global human population distinguished as a more or less distinct group by genetically transmitted physical chracteristics". there are other definitions along this line mainly. however this definition and others have been proven wrong as scientists have shown there is more genetic differences WITHIN races [94%] than BETWEEN races [just 6%!!].

regarding differences in penis size across races, Dr robert stubbs, a canadian penis-enhancement surgeon said "THERE IS DEFINITELY A RACIAL DIFFERENCE, BLACK, WHITE, YELLOW [ASIAN] IN DESCENDING ORDER. AFRICAN MALES ON THE AVERAGE HAVE A LARGER PENIS SIZE".

and a further piece of information a mans penis size does not just depend on colour but also body proportions specifically SIZE OF HIS FEET. THE LARGER THE FEET THE MORE ENDOWNED HE IS.

i have come across many white women who confessed they like going out with blacks for the above reason.

however is dating and marriage only about sexual fantasies or finding happiness. is the size of the manhood the main determinant for a womans satisfaction in bed? what about for procreation? if so why do we have over 1.2 billion chinese and 1 billion indians on earth despite their "mosquitoe-sized" c***

nonetheless, not to derail from the post topic, would be nice to still share interracial dating experiences here. i recently broke up with a white english girl. i found out that these stereotypes exist. we spent really nice time together. they can be as lovely as they are unpredictable. speak about mood swings, tantrums,e.t.c. i will end here ojare, torie don too long
Re: Your Views On Interracial Dating by somegirl(f): 9:44pm On Sep 21, 2006
I find my guy quite unpredictable (does that make him oyinbo?). Mood swings, we both got them. Tantrums seem to be my speciality (but he is usually the cause for them); he is rather the stereotypical African/Nigerian male: uncommunicative and unwilling to compromise. And then he is stereotypically Western/white: family, marriage, children, religion --- do not really seem to matter to him. However, I value family a lot. Kai! What a mess!

Stereotypes: A very common stereotype is that Nigerians are not trustworthy. The last person who told me so was my older (Nigerian) brother (though he's not a son of my parents, he treats me like his little sis sometimes).

Interracial, intraracial, --- relationships? I don't think skin colour matters when it comes to love though sometimes I wonder how it would be to have a white/European boyfriend (not just because of the looks but also because of the culture and because of the way other people will treat you as a couple). I've read that some (white/black) women would not want to date a white guy because, in their opinion, white men look like plucked chicken but I think: Black is beautiful and so is white!
Re: Your Views On Interracial Dating by iice(f): 3:09am On Sep 22, 2006
Hmmmm true that some caucasians/asians date blacks because of the size of the package but sometimes there is love. my friend's father studied abroad when he was in university, an asian woman took care of him while he was studying. And when it was time for him to go back to nigeria, she followed him and they ended up marrying. Sure there are issues of color of skin, hair type and all that but i think having understanding, an open mind and willingness to compromise is more important.
Re: Your Views On Interracial Dating by kiki(f): 3:11am On Sep 22, 2006
it is a good thing u learn more about that person's background
Re: Your Views On Interracial Dating by Freewilly(f): 3:12am On Sep 22, 2006
Hi iice, how you doing today. Hope I'm not making you uncomfortable by telling you I think you neat and I'm attracted to you.
Re: Your Views On Interracial Dating by iice(f): 3:17am On Sep 22, 2006
@kiki, sometimes learning is difficult, people can shield their wrongdoings so that all you see is the good bahhhh lol

@Freewilly, Am good thanks. And you?
Re: Your Views On Interracial Dating by nkem06(f): 3:18am On Sep 22, 2006
i think it is okay, any probs?
Re: Your Views On Interracial Dating by Freewilly(f): 3:20am On Sep 22, 2006
I'm good iice, just has so much on my mind
Re: Your Views On Interracial Dating by kiki(f): 3:20am On Sep 22, 2006
iice:

[color=#006600]@kiki, sometimes learning is difficult, people can shield their wrongdoings so that all you see is the good bahhhh lol

gurl u are so funny i gotcha so dats wat u gon do  grin grin grin
Re: Your Views On Interracial Dating by iice(f): 3:27am On Sep 22, 2006
@Freewilly, oh relax girl, dont stress out cheesy

@Kiki, ahhhh usually i ask for the bad info first and after sometime, i ask the same questions at unpredictable moments so that i go catch am if hin dey lie. I hate liars
Re: Your Views On Interracial Dating by Freewilly(f): 3:29am On Sep 22, 2006
I wish you knew what I was stressing about iice, You are such a sweetheart, you have an answer to everything undecided
Re: Your Views On Interracial Dating by iice(f): 3:33am On Sep 22, 2006
lol i dont have an answer to everything. I just do what works for me
Re: Your Views On Interracial Dating by Freewilly(f): 3:35am On Sep 22, 2006
What is i tell you iice, you are the key to my happiness sad
Re: Your Views On Interracial Dating by iice(f): 3:46am On Sep 22, 2006
Trust me babe, am no key to anyone's happiness, i got my own issues. I am straight o
Re: Your Views On Interracial Dating by Freewilly(f): 3:50am On Sep 22, 2006
I have issues just like you my dear, It's just that every time I read some of your post it complets me and it seems like you talking to me sad
Re: Your Views On Interracial Dating by iice(f): 4:31am On Sep 22, 2006
Thats nice, i mean that my posts makes sense to you lol
Re: Your Views On Interracial Dating by hotbabe599: 5:20am On Sep 22, 2006
No, white men are not plucked chicken.
I used to think so until I decided to check it out myself.
Lets just say that out of 5, one will rock your world.

But I would not enter into a relationship with a white man other than just casual sex.
It's simply ridiculous, I mean where will that relationship lead? Series of rejection and hatrade in the eyes of most people you walk by. Heck I'm one of them, I try to control myself I always find it anoying that a fine brother will be captured by a white woman. If the brother is fat, urgly and poor then that's fine she can have him but if the brother is fine, he belong to black girls period. Stop stealing our men, we don't have many of them that are successful.
Re: Your Views On Interracial Dating by hotbabe599: 5:39am On Sep 22, 2006
flying dut (m)

You are too funny.
That's one thing I've not had the courage to try-The asians and the indians.
The asians I still don't think I'll consider, I always think it's a waste of time, that their penise are way way and I mean way way not gonna do anything. I'm very slim but still I think it's a waste of time.

The last time an asian man asked me out, I almost laughed out aloud. I was like what's you gonna do with me. I mean everything is super shot including fingers so I don't really know what we are gonna do with each other- rob it or something?

Don't get me wrong I love asian food and everything else they do but I'm simply not their best candidate for love cos I like my man doing me well and not half way.
Re: Your Views On Interracial Dating by ZuluNation(m): 5:41am On Sep 22, 2006
iice:

Trust me babe, am no key to anyone's happiness, i got my own issues. I am straight o

Even girls the hit on you iice na wa for you oooo grin grin
Re: Your Views On Interracial Dating by somegirl(f): 9:42am On Sep 22, 2006
hotbabe599: [---] I always find it anoying that a fine brother will be captured by a white woman. If the brother is fat, urgly and poor then that's fine she can have him but if the brother is fine,  he belong to black girls period. Stop stealing our men, we don't have many of them that are successful.

You know that it goes both ways? When a white girl dates a black man, the people with also light skin will say that he has stolen her. So, I conclude: They have stolen each other('s heart).

A Yoruba seeing an Igbo nko? I always hear about the Yoruba race, the Igbo race. If a Yoruba dates an Igbo is that also already an interracial couple? And has somebody stolen somebody else?

And another aspect I find interesting: Are men usually captured by women? Are men the possession of women? grin

hotbabe599: The last time an asian man asked me out, I almost laughed out aloud.

The only man my mum ever got married to is an Asian and she still only speaks in the best way of him when it comes to the looks but she doesn't like some aspects of his character --- I won't go into details.

My Chinese house mate (I still call him so even though I moved out a few months ago) said he will not marry but a Chinese because of his parents, especially his father. However, when it comes to beauty, he places blond girls first, than other white/Chinese and at the buttom black girls. He also says that he can't understand girls who fall for a black guy.

I see that beauty is in the eye of the beholder but personally I don't connect beauty to race. I can give you names of people from different backgrounds whom I find attractive (let me restrict myself to the famous ones because you don't know my environment!  grin):

Halle Berry (especially with short hair), Jet Li, Sean Connery (in his later years), Beautiful Nubia, Lagbaja (the best guy of all, because you can picture him exactly the way you want a guy to be!), Rosamund Kwan, Sean (not so famous worldwide, from last year's x-factor, UK), Brenda (also from last year's X-factor), Johnny Depp (as Captain Jack Sparrow), Waris Darie, Enya, Ludmilla "Lucy" Diakovska (from the German band "No Angels"wink, Cameron Diaz, Nike Okundaye (on her homepage), Lucy Liu, Qiao Zhen Yu, Wallace Chung, Leslie Cheung, Rachel Hurd-Wood (as Laura in "Perfume: The Story of a Murderer"; is she really only 16?) --- I'll stop here.
Re: Your Views On Interracial Dating by iice(f): 12:59pm On Sep 22, 2006
@Zulu tongue tongue

somegirl:

You know that it goes both ways? When a white girl dates a black man, the people with also light skin will say that he has stolen her. So, I conclude: They have stolen each other('s heart).

Exactly. And even if people look at them, do we think it is any easier on the white girl/guy? I know someone who is dating a white girl, most times they go out, some people make snide remarks and say or do some rude things. The black guy will just let it ride and be like the people aren't worth his time. And then its the white girl who's blood is boiling, ready to defend his race and honor, who feels like she has been personally wounded. I think that if one finds love in another race, with time the color of the skin becomes of lesser significance while other things take priority.
Re: Your Views On Interracial Dating by Busta(f): 9:25pm On Sep 23, 2006
ain't nuthing wrong with interacial dating. Wateva ricks ur boat, go right on!
Re: Your Views On Interracial Dating by segun111(m): 4:07pm On Sep 24, 2006
I think interracial dating is all well, however, it is a hard work and lots of patience. I used to be in this situation before when I first came to the States and believe you me it is not easy. For caucasians side they don't like you for who you are and for the black side they think you are playing too big and no matter what you and your partner do it always comes back to lovely one another. I am not in that relationship anymore but my advice is for couples to always talk about issues heads on.
Re: Your Views On Interracial Dating by SvS(f): 4:08pm On Sep 24, 2006
my boyfriend is irish,so they aint nutin much i can say
i do support it!
Re: Your Views On Interracial Dating by Sista(f): 9:38am On Oct 08, 2006
@Bobbiemae

Unfortunately i have no desire to date other races. Talkless of other culture.

Naija men rule!!! Yes give yourselves a round of applause. The blacker the berry the sweeter the juice.

Plus i hear say oyinbo man totolie resemble pencil, GOD FORBID. I no dey interested. But wait ooo, i hear say them dey chop toto pass dudu men Anyways! I still no dey interested.

And who told you that white men don't find black sistuhs attractive. Let me let you in on a secret. Every white mans secret desire is to be with a black woman. Believe it!

Bobbiemae, girl I am feeling all of what you said.

Cain't no body tell me about black men period. I know you stated that Naija is your preference, and believe me they are beautiful as heck. Me though, I love all black men. We got some beautiful azz black men to choose from.

What black woman in her right mind would give up a black man for any other type of man?

Me, I can't Fathom it.

We do choose who we love, love don't just fall out of the air like some claim it does. If it did, I would stop passing up the Hunchback of Notre Dam man wit the Gargoyle eye grin

Seriously though, when our black people get with people who are not black, they chose to do that for what ever reason. Who you marry is a choice but I wouldn't be caught dead taking any man over the black man.
Re: Your Views On Interracial Dating by Sista(f): 9:48am On Oct 08, 2006
@Hotbabe

Heck I'm one of them, I try to control myself I always find it anoying that a fine brother will be captured by a white woman. If the brother is fat, urgly and poor then that's fine she can have him but if the brother is fine,  he belong to black girls period. Stop stealing our men, we don't have many of them that are successful.

Hotbabe, you know this is not nice undecided

You got to love all the brotha's and see them as good enough for one of these black women, even if it is not you.

You know that is not okay to throw the brotha to the scavengers just because he does not look the way you like for your man to look and does not have the money you would like for him to have. Alone we are always poor, but together, we are always rich.

Just think about it, that fat and ugly poor man could be your son.

Come on now, show the brotha's some love, even if you are not attracted to them.

Keep in mind too, those same types of brotha's that you are attracted to, a lot of them are looking at white women, they are thinking they are to good for black women, even if the black woman is good looking with a colledge degree.

You better take that back wink
Re: Your Views On Interracial Dating by segun111(m): 11:00am On Oct 08, 2006
Sista,

How is Oakland these days? I used to live there when I was in Berkeley schooling. Take care,

(1) (2) (Reply)

Why Women Test Men They Are Dating! / Pls Kindly Tell Me The Truth About This / What Advise wld you give A Girl Who Is Very Pretty But Insecure.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.