Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,117 members, 7,807,363 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 12:46 PM

DSS Officials Formally Barred From ‘close Protection’ Of Buhari-punch - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / DSS Officials Formally Barred From ‘close Protection’ Of Buhari-punch (1145 Views)

N5,000 Stipend: Opposition, Labour, Others Attack Buhari … PUNCH / Nigeria Risks Economic Decline –buhari: Punch / Don’t Give Fashola Appointment,civil Society Group Tells Buhari-PUNCH (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

DSS Officials Formally Barred From ‘close Protection’ Of Buhari-punch by ALISMILE(m): 6:18am On Jun 26, 2015
Authorities of the Presidential Villa, Abuja have
formally removed officials of the Department of
State Services from spots where they can
perform “close protection roles” for President
Muhammadu Buhari.
The decision to restrict the officials’ access to the
President was the peak of the inter-agency
rivalry that has been rocking security agencies in
the seat of power since Buhari was inaugurated
on May 29.
Our correspondent on Thursday saw a copy of a
memo redeploying the DSS officials from 10
beats that they had hitherto been manning
inside the Villa.
The memo issued by the Aide-De-Camp to the
President, Lt. Col. Lawal Abubakar, and dated
June 24, 2015 was titled, “Redeployment of
Department of State Services personnel from
close protection roles for Mr. President and
some duty locations within the Presidential Villa,
Abuja.”
www.punchng.com/news/dss-officials-barred-from-close-protection-of-buhari/
Re: DSS Officials Formally Barred From ‘close Protection’ Of Buhari-punch by Nobody: 6:20am On Jun 26, 2015
Good. They can't be trusted. angry

1 Like

Re: DSS Officials Formally Barred From ‘close Protection’ Of Buhari-punch by Sirnokiopee(m): 6:21am On Jun 26, 2015
Too many mole in that department

1 Like

Re: DSS Officials Formally Barred From ‘close Protection’ Of Buhari-punch by Nobody: 6:23am On Jun 26, 2015
is it in the country's best interest?

Copyright ©. 2015. All rights reserved cool

1 Like

Re: DSS Officials Formally Barred From ‘close Protection’ Of Buhari-punch by Chiefpriest1(m): 6:23am On Jun 26, 2015
Instead of rubbishing the entire DSS, I think Buhari should just fire the leadership of the organisation and restructure the place.

All those who were complicit and unprofessional during the last election should be sanctioned.

You cant throw the baby away with the bathwater

3 Likes

Re: DSS Officials Formally Barred From ‘close Protection’ Of Buhari-punch by rawtouch: 6:24am On Jun 26, 2015
Show me the memo
Re: DSS Officials Formally Barred From ‘close Protection’ Of Buhari-punch by ascaris(m): 6:25am On Jun 26, 2015
This is what DSS bargained for by being so partisan. I strongly support this move!

1 Like

Re: DSS Officials Formally Barred From ‘close Protection’ Of Buhari-punch by Tallesty1(m): 6:28am On Jun 26, 2015
They asked for it.
Re: DSS Officials Formally Barred From ‘close Protection’ Of Buhari-punch by eleko1: 6:29am On Jun 26, 2015
Serves them right.Anybody/politcian that need their service fit apply.They shud sack that useless Marilyn Ogar join.

1 Like

Re: DSS Officials Formally Barred From ‘close Protection’ Of Buhari-punch by Caseless: 6:33am On Jun 26, 2015
Who keep a DSS that still has that olosho called marylin ogar as its spokesperson close to him or herself? And she was recently promoted too.

DSS is another military arm of pdp and it can't be trusted.

1 Like

Re: DSS Officials Formally Barred From ‘close Protection’ Of Buhari-punch by Agimor(m): 6:35am On Jun 26, 2015
rawtouch:
Show me the memo
seeing before believe abi
Re: DSS Officials Formally Barred From ‘close Protection’ Of Buhari-punch by Bugatie(m): 6:36am On Jun 26, 2015
ALISMILE:
Muhammadu Buhari.
on May 29.
inside the Villa.
Abuja.”

Close protection?

So they should maintain like 5 poles apart from the President, issorait.

With this development, the guys will just be there for being sake, no reason to go the extra mile for Mr President in the course of their work.
Re: DSS Officials Formally Barred From ‘close Protection’ Of Buhari-punch by PRYCE(m): 6:37am On Jun 26, 2015
Buhari did NOT promise us keeping relevant agencies sidelined cos of their past romance with PDP. He promised reforms! so what's the meaning of this?

3 Likes

Re: DSS Officials Formally Barred From ‘close Protection’ Of Buhari-punch by Slimzjoe(m): 6:41am On Jun 26, 2015
Is it the Army that can't fight Boko haram that will Protect him
Re: DSS Officials Formally Barred From ‘close Protection’ Of Buhari-punch by Caseless: 6:43am On Jun 26, 2015
Chiefpriest1:
Instead of rubbishing the entire DSS, I think Buhari should just fire the leadership of the organisation and restructure the place.

All those who were complicit and unprofessional during the last election should be sanctioned.

You cant throw the baby away with the bathwater
BUHARI hasn't thrown away the baby with the bathwater. He's still trying to keep both of them. But the bathwater is surely aware of what might befall it; it will surely be thrown away and drained by the soil.

The good part is, marylin ogar and others(bathwater) will be thrown away before the baby's body(dss) can be 'cleaned' and dressed.

BUHARI will make a clean sweep in that agency very soon. Just give him time.

1 Like

Re: DSS Officials Formally Barred From ‘close Protection’ Of Buhari-punch by ApexTitan(m): 7:01am On Jun 26, 2015
What exactly is the grouse between the Presidency and the DSS?
Re: DSS Officials Formally Barred From ‘close Protection’ Of Buhari-punch by Nobody: 7:07am On Jun 26, 2015
Childish for a president I must confess.. If he. Wanna deal that way, then he should punish all agencies. Cuz even the Military denied him.
Re: DSS Officials Formally Barred From ‘close Protection’ Of Buhari-punch by premConcept: 7:07am On Jun 26, 2015
Make baba sha settle down do what we elected him for angry
Re: DSS Officials Formally Barred From ‘close Protection’ Of Buhari-punch by Nobody: 7:07am On Jun 26, 2015
First AIT now DSS I wonder who's next, diz na revenge politics.
Re: DSS Officials Formally Barred From ‘close Protection’ Of Buhari-punch by kromoto: 7:09am On Jun 26, 2015
Una no dey tire? Is DSS the only security organization in Nigeria that must always be in the news.....enemies of Nigeria want to strike!

Until the Calabar, Christian DG is removed a replaced with a Hausa Muslim aka born to rule, this rumour ministry will not die.

1 Like

Re: DSS Officials Formally Barred From ‘close Protection’ Of Buhari-punch by Trailblazer1(m): 7:12am On Jun 26, 2015
undecided
Re: DSS Officials Formally Barred From ‘close Protection’ Of Buhari-punch by Realdeals(m): 7:14am On Jun 26, 2015
DSS have dent their reputation
Re: DSS Officials Formally Barred From ‘close Protection’ Of Buhari-punch by Trailblazer1(m): 7:14am On Jun 26, 2015
Caseless:
BUHARI hasn't thrown away the baby with the bathwater. He's still trying to keep both of them. But the bathwater is surely aware of what might befall it; it will surely be thrown away and drained by the soil.

The good part is, marylin ogar and others(bathwater) will be thrown away before the baby's body(dss) can be 'cleaned' and dressed.

BUHARI will make a clean sweep in that agency very soon. Just give him time.

And the propaganda continues undecided
Re: DSS Officials Formally Barred From ‘close Protection’ Of Buhari-punch by dridowu: 7:15am On Jun 26, 2015
IjogzK:
Childish for a president I must confess.. If he. Wanna deal that way, then he should punish all agencies. Cuz even the Military denied him.
u can't comapre it the way dss operated pre-election. DSS went as far as accusing his party of hacking into INEC database yet they (DSS) could not substantiate their claim at the law court, meaning they are too partisan. Anyway , i expect total resshuffle of the entire security department of the country
Re: DSS Officials Formally Barred From ‘close Protection’ Of Buhari-punch by Pangea: 7:18am On Jun 26, 2015
Bye bye DSS

Good riddance to bad rubbish!
Infact, all of them should be relocated to Otuoke!
Let them continue as houseboys and girls of Ebele.
Re: DSS Officials Formally Barred From ‘close Protection’ Of Buhari-punch by Nobody: 7:22am On Jun 26, 2015
Okay
Re: DSS Officials Formally Barred From ‘close Protection’ Of Buhari-punch by Nobody: 7:24am On Jun 26, 2015
PRYCE:
Buhari did NOT promise us keeping relevant agencies sidelined cos of their past romance with PDP. He promised reforms! so what's the meaning of this?
that's part of the reforms! Let him disband them for all I care.. Another government will come and appreciate their works
Re: DSS Officials Formally Barred From ‘close Protection’ Of Buhari-punch by ahaz: 8:15am On Jun 26, 2015
ALISMILE:
Muhammadu Buhari.
on May 29.
inside the Villa.
Abuja.”
Please I want you guys to take note of history. That buhari is the first to do dis, not in the near future another person continues the culture we will now term him clueless, then northerns and the West will all be security experts over night
Re: DSS Officials Formally Barred From ‘close Protection’ Of Buhari-punch by zik4ever: 9:59am On Jun 26, 2015
For those who claim that they love PMB more than other Nigerians, if you have access to him, quickly tell him to get his own loyalists within the DSS to take over his inner security ring. I know a guy in DSS who paid campaign money into the advertised campaign account of APC and announced it openly on Facebook before the elections. Not all DSS "hate" him or "worked against" him and certainly not all of them support the present management of the service. If you are a professional and you watch the recent close protection or vehicular convoy formation around PMB, you will be concerned for his security. You can’t use "untrained" loyalists to do what is not their core job. This is a public forum and we can’t analyse too much detail. Almost all the services were accused in one way or the other -recall the Ekiti election and the alleged role of service chiefs in the election postponement etc. What has happened to those accused in those agencies or to those agencies? I hope it’s not true, that some persons with personal aspirations in the DSS and others with issues against the DSS are behind this? When OBJ took over in 1999, he purged the military of "politicised" officers. PMB can do same for DSS and other agencies. Which sector of Nigeria doesn’t need sanitisation? You can’t DSS to limit CP operations to outer gates. It’s a no no any day. In fact, it’s a polite and political way of saying "we don’t need you here".
Re: DSS Officials Formally Barred From ‘close Protection’ Of Buhari-punch by otr1(m): 10:15am On Jun 26, 2015
handsomeclouds:
that's part of the reforms! Let him disband them for all I care.. Another government will come and appreciate their works
Disband you say?
I didn't vote for him to do that.
Let him try it!angry
Re: DSS Officials Formally Barred From ‘close Protection’ Of Buhari-punch by ALISMILE(m): 12:34pm On Jun 26, 2015
[quote author=zik4ever post=35167416]Other security agencies might not be as gud as d dss wen it come to CP! I still think its gud for d DSS monopoly of CP to end! Jus like intel gathering is not d exclusive preserve of one agency so shud CP. Oda agencies might end up doin a better CP job than d dss! By d way, is CP d most challengin aspect of providin security for d president? My answer to that quesstion is a very big NO! In my opinion d Army and Police are already doin a good job of providing peripheral security for d president! Let d dss focus on oda important aspect of security job, like Intel Gathering. U will agree wit me that they ve failed woefully in dis regard!

(1) (Reply)

Labels Called Nigeria And Biafra. / Rivers Tribunal: Why Peterside Was Ineligible To Run For Governor / Good News ! Kano - Port Harcourt Train Begins - Channels

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.