Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,520 members, 7,808,898 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:56 PM

13k Job For A Graduate. Do U See It As An Insult ? - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / 13k Job For A Graduate. Do U See It As An Insult ? (1185 Views)

Nwabueze Eucharia, A Graduate Of UNIZIK Paints & Tiles (Pics) / Michelle Ekure, A Graduate, Turns Shoemaker (photos) / 8 Categories Of Occupation People Do That Brings Forth Insult From The Society (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

13k Job For A Graduate. Do U See It As An Insult ? by Alichigozie: 8:43am On Jun 26, 2015
After graduating from school and had finished NYSC program, his hunt for job began.
Now his problem is that a company agreed to offer him a job for 13k per month. He's confused because the pay is too small, and seems as an insult to a graduate.
What's your stake on this issue. Advice him please.
Re: 13k Job For A Graduate. Do U See It As An Insult ? by angieberry(f): 8:56am On Jun 26, 2015
Half bread is better than None
Why don't he take that one first, and then continue the search for a better one?

1 Like

Re: 13k Job For A Graduate. Do U See It As An Insult ? by ammyluv2002(f): 9:13am On Jun 26, 2015
Insult as in? I received 10k as a graduate (first job though) so gini big deal? A lot of graduates are out there looking for such pay. Does he know what it means to have a monthly alert no matter how little? He thinks it's all about the money..... the experience nko? Maybe, he should stay at home for like 3 months then he will understand no job is too small for a start

See, in this day and time first degree is no big deal so he shouldn't make it sound like he has achieved the whole world....... *i dey vex with your friend* undecided undecided

" Don't despise these small beginnings" Zechariah 4:10

"Your beginning will seem so small, since your future will flourish" Job 8:7

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 13k Job For A Graduate. Do U See It As An Insult ? by Godmother(f): 4:00pm On Jun 26, 2015
The guy should look at it from the angle of whether it's a an insult or not. He should sit down and calculate how much he would need to spend monthly for transportation and feeding and see what will left at the end. At the end of this if its not worth it then let him reject the offer; a better one might just be around the corner and if he gets tired down by this job , he might lose it
Re: 13k Job For A Graduate. Do U See It As An Insult ? by yvesboss(m): 4:16pm On Jun 26, 2015
he should just
Re: 13k Job For A Graduate. Do U See It As An Insult ? by Panshow(m): 6:08pm On Jun 26, 2015
After my NYSC, I taught in a secondary school where I was being paid N7,500 per month.
I left the job after getting another job.
My take; He should take the job while searching for a better one. Ego & pride will never pay your bills.
Re: 13k Job For A Graduate. Do U See It As An Insult ? by Aspiregreat: 9:28pm On Jun 26, 2015
Insult you say,i dont think so, some started even with a lesser monthly take home and today it has become history.....just make use of the present opportunity soon afterwards ASPIRE for a bigger package.......

#mytake
Re: 13k Job For A Graduate. Do U See It As An Insult ? by Nobody: 11:15am On Jun 27, 2015
I see it as a big insult. Nonetheless, he should work there just 1 month while searching for a lucative job.
Re: 13k Job For A Graduate. Do U See It As An Insult ? by 2rutalk1: 1:57pm On Jun 27, 2015
Godmother:
The guy should look at it from the angle of whether it's a an insult or not. He should sit down and calculate how much he would need to spend monthly for transportation and feeding and see what will left at the end. At the end of this if its not worth it then let him reject the offer; a better one might just be around the corner and if he gets tired down by this job , he might lose it
God bless you. It is very unfortunate that poverty and hunger have beclouded some people's sense of reasoning. I read some posts prior to seeing this your wonderful contribution and felt disappointed. So because there is no job in Nigeria people should start begging or borrowing money from people to pay for feeding and transportation just to get a job. None of the people above you took cognizance of the fact that the candidate may be spending over 20k and get 13k at the end of the month. Now tell me how he is going to take care of the balance.

I had expected people to ask questions just as you did like:
1. how much do you spend in a month on feeding?
2. How much will you spend in a month on transportation?
3. Are you still dependent on your parents? If no, how much is your house rent.

If the above is higher than the 13k per month tell me how he is going to meet up with the job. It is obvious the employer will lay him off if he doesn't come to work for two days because of financial problem.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 13k Job For A Graduate. Do U See It As An Insult ? by Nobody: 2:22pm On Jun 27, 2015
13k?? shocked shocked
This country is turning to something else ooo..
Re: 13k Job For A Graduate. Do U See It As An Insult ? by achmed1(m): 1:58am On Jun 28, 2015
MarvellousGod:
13k?? shocked shocked
This country is turning to something else ooo..

Lucky for you...you dont get to experience this insult.
Re: 13k Job For A Graduate. Do U See It As An Insult ? by idu1(m): 10:17am On Jun 28, 2015

That's an insult...

(1) (Reply)

Ecobank sacks 1000+ Staff / Addax Petroleum UAE Sent Me An Appointment Letter / Federal Medical Centre Salary Structure

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.