Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,414 members, 7,808,474 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:31 PM

Can A Baby Of 2 Months old Take Pap - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Can A Baby Of 2 Months old Take Pap (51306 Views)

9-Year-Old Homeless Girl Feeds Feaces To Baby Of Lady That Rescued Her / Mother Of 2 Wears Bum Revealing Outfit In Public (photo) / Couple Welcomes 1st Baby Of 2016 At Abuja Hospital After 9 Years Of Marriage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can A Baby Of 2 Months old Take Pap by tobodex(m): 11:46am On Jun 26, 2015
My baby girl is really consuming and the breast milk is no longer enough for her o. Even the baby feed now is partially enough, please can she begin to take pap, with baby milk at 2 months old. Need advice from experienced mothers please. Thanks a lot

1 Like

Re: Can A Baby Of 2 Months old Take Pap by Feranchek(m): 12:16pm On Jun 26, 2015
Op your wife no gather Manchester jor.... I'm sure sey na legbere Liverpool she get for front grin (dede na joke o0o) I think it's too early jor. Her belle norva reash that levo

2 Likes

Re: Can A Baby Of 2 Months old Take Pap by chineloSA(f): 12:27pm On Jun 26, 2015
shocked shocked Too early.

You want to damage the poor baby's kidneys? shocked shocked

1 Like

Re: Can A Baby Of 2 Months old Take Pap by adebisicutie: 12:38pm On Jun 26, 2015
No on, Abeg no kill the baby . You'll have to feed her the milk and baby feed more times, it's stressful but no other alternative till she's older.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can A Baby Of 2 Months old Take Pap by angieberry(f): 12:49pm On Jun 26, 2015
Too early, you shouldn't start weaning until she's about 6 months old.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can A Baby Of 2 Months old Take Pap by mutter(f): 1:13pm On Jun 26, 2015
It is a not early and besides pap has hardly any nutrients.

2 Likes

Re: Can A Baby Of 2 Months old Take Pap by damiso(f): 1:30pm On Jun 26, 2015
NO!

2 months is too young to start weaning. Weaning should start between 4 and 6 months.

As an aside though if the mother is brea.stfee.ding,SHE should take the pap. I hear it really helps with lactation.

3 Likes

Re: Can A Baby Of 2 Months old Take Pap by funlord(m): 1:34pm On Jun 26, 2015
grin

Chairman! Na your WIFE need 2 shack the pap not the BABY OH? Abeg no cause make your "village enemies association" throw early groove with your matter this 2015 abeg!

1 Like

Re: Can A Baby Of 2 Months old Take Pap by Miami11: 4:11pm On Jun 26, 2015
No, you will choke the baby to death
Re: Can A Baby Of 2 Months old Take Pap by Bootylicious(f): 6:45pm On Jun 26, 2015
Ahahahah even 1 month old baby can take pap there is nothing such as damaging the kidney. There are so many poor people out there that after a while d bosom milk isn't just enof for their babies and can't afford to buy d artificial milk,they take pap.

11 Likes

Re: Can A Baby Of 2 Months old Take Pap by chineloSA(f): 7:14pm On Jun 26, 2015
Bootylicious:
Ahahahah even 1 month old baby can take pap there is nothing such as damaging the kidney. There are so many poor people out there that after a while d bosom milk isn't just enof for their babies and can't afford to buy d artificial milk,they take pap.

You are very quick to dismiss my kidney claim, yet you are not supporting your claims with anything.

Babies organs are not well developed at two months, therefore organs like kidneys, bowel etc find it hard to cope with excretions of toxins found in food that are consumed by adults with well developed organs. That's why you find that when babies consume certain foods (e.g. corn, spinach etc ) when they are still young, they excrete the food the way it was before ingestion because their stomachs and kidneys are not ready for that.

READ AND COUNTER ADVICE OP
http://www.babycareadvice.com/babycare/general_help/article.php?id=21

5. Increases work load of kidneys
A child's internal organs are growing and maturing even after birth. Solid foods make extra work for your baby's kidneys.

http://www.babycentre.co.uk/x3534/should-we-give-our-hungry-eight-week-old-baby-solids

There are many researches and paediatric experiences which support what I am saying.

OP didn't say she/he is poor, so please do put him/her under pressure because of what poor people do. Poor people have no choice and that is the reason why they risk with their babies lives. I cannot do thing because they are done by disadvantaged people and risk my babies life. That's very irresponsible. sad sad

In all breast milk is the best. The mother should eat healthy and if possible pump and keep some breast milk in the freezer for the baby to be fed in her absence or for the baby to be bottle fed and avoid attachments etc. or for whatever reasons. smiley smiley

7 Likes

Re: Can A Baby Of 2 Months old Take Pap by Fialm: 8:16pm On Jun 26, 2015
Abeg come to my village n see hw pple they feed their a month old pap,I swear nothing do them so as for me u can carry on.

1 Like

Re: Can A Baby Of 2 Months old Take Pap by prettyjo(f): 8:56pm On Jun 26, 2015
am coming

1 Like

Re: Can A Baby Of 2 Months old Take Pap by Nobody: 9:59am On Jun 28, 2015
My brother rejected every kind of food (including breast milk) when he was barely two weeks old.. He only accepted pap..
He never had any issues.. Different strokes for different folks..

Since pap have little nutrients maybe you shouldn't completely wean her

3 Likes

Re: Can A Baby Of 2 Months old Take Pap by precisionindepth: 11:47am On Jun 28, 2015
no, a baby shd b exclusively breastfed for the first 6 months. its detrimental to expose a baby to supplementary feeding in d first 6 months . pls breast milk alone is exclusively enuf for a baby cos it contains ALL nutrients needed by the baby. DONT INTRODUCE any other food yet to a less Dan 6months baby.

1 Like

Re: Can A Baby Of 2 Months old Take Pap by Nobody: 12:31pm On Jun 28, 2015
chineloSA:

You are very quick to dismiss my kidney claim, yet you are not supporting your claims with anything.
Babies organs are not well developed at two months, therefore organs like kidneys, bowel etc find it hard to cope with excretions of toxins found in food that are consumed by adults with well developed organs. That's why you find that when babies consume certain foods (e.g. corn, spinach etc ) when they are still young, they excrete the food the way it was before ingestion because their stomachs and kidneys are not ready for that.
READ AND COUNTER ADVICE OP
http://www.babycareadvice.com/babycare/general_help/article.php?id=21
5. Increases work load of kidneys
A child's internal organs are growing and maturing even after birth. Solid foods make extra work for your baby's kidneys.
http://www.babycentre.co.uk/x3534/should-we-give-our-hungry-eight-week-old-baby-solids
There are many researches and paediatric experiences which support what I am saying.
OP didn't say she/he is poor, so please do put him/her under pressure because of what poor people do. Poor people have no choice and that is the reason why they risk with their babies lives. I cannot do thing because they are done by disadvantaged people and risk my babies life. That's very irresponsible. sad sad
In all breast milk is the best. The mother should eat healthy and if possible pump and keep some breast milk in the freezer for the baby to be fed in her absence or for the baby to be bottle fed and avoid attachments etc. or for whatever reasons. smiley smiley

Oh yes I went through the articles from the link...
They were actually talking about solid foods for babies and not fomula..
To us Nigerians, pap is a kind of fomula just like SMA gold and the likes..
Pap should not be classified as a solid food..
The only thing that should be of concern with the baby judging from those articles is the presence of gluten in the pap, and corn in all forms do not contain gluten.. @ least the pap I know is made from corn....
Now her concern is that she cannot produce enough to satisfy the baby, what do you suggest?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can A Baby Of 2 Months old Take Pap by Nobody: 5:26pm On Jun 28, 2015
Bootylicious:

Lol. Thank you my sista.

Poor people feed their kids with pap starting from the first month.
They make it a bit watery and add some powder baby milk(if they have), pour it in a feeding bottle, shake it wella and feed the baby.

Dazall!
No kidney problems! No issues.

Pako pikin! grin

5 Likes

Re: Can A Baby Of 2 Months old Take Pap by chineloSA(f): 6:36pm On Jun 28, 2015
favoured234:

Oh yes I went through the articles from the link...
They were actually talking about solid foods for babies and not fomula..
To us Nigerians, pap is a kind of fomula just like SMA gold and the likes..
Pap should not be classified as a solid food..
The only thing that should be of concern with the baby judging from those articles is the presence of gluten in the pap, and corn in all forms do not contain gluten.. @ least the pap I know is made from corn....
Now her concern is that she cannot produce enough to satisfy the baby, what do you suggest?

I dont think you read my comment or suggestion. Please read again undecided undecided

I said the mother should eat healthy and pump and store some in the freezer. If she eats healthy, milk will come.

I then said " Breast milk is still the BEST''

I would advice OP to give her infant formula milk with breast milk if breast milk is not enough. Pap has no nutritional value as compared to formula milk and also its not good for the babies organs.

I have never been poor, thats the reason why I fail to reason from a poor persons perspective ( no offense ). It looks like some posts are compeling OP to act poor.

tobodex, are you poor?
Re: Can A Baby Of 2 Months old Take Pap by Nobody: 7:18am On Jun 29, 2015
chineloSA:

I dont think you read my comment or suggestion. Please read again undecided undecided

I said the mother should eat healthy and pump and store some in the freezer. If she eats healthy, milk will come.

I then said " Breast milk is still the BEST''

I would advice OP to give her infant formula milk with breast milk if breast milk is not enough. Pap has no nutritional value as compared to formula milk and also its not good for the babies organs.

I have never been poor, thats the reason why I fail to reason from a poor persons perspective ( no offense ). It looks like some posts are compeling OP to act poor.

tobodex, are you poor?

Its not about reasoning from a poor persons perspective, however, poor is a relative term..
No doubt breast milk is the best.. Over and Over again...
Let me explain what I understand from the original post...
1. My breast milk is not enough... Meaning if it was I would have given my baby as much as she requires..
2. Even the baby feed now is partially enough .... Meaning if I could afford a trailer load of baby feed I wouldn't mind giving her...
3. Can I give her pap ..... Meaning this is the most convenient option I am left with...

The OP is not concerned about how rich or poor one is, but advice her with relation to what she has told you about her present situation..
That I am commenting with empathy doesn't make me poor or compelling the OP to act poor

14 Likes

Re: Can A Baby Of 2 Months old Take Pap by Nobody: 10:33am On Jun 29, 2015
Different tinz for different folks but 2 months is still too young for Pap. My doctor warned us against it during antenatal and even showed us a baby who just had an operation cos of pap. The body/intestines couldn't digest d pap so it ended up gluing d intestines 2geda and they had 2 perform a surgery 2 separate d intestines and flush out d pap. U can take d pap for increase in milk supply plus search 4 other foods dat assist with increase in breast milk, also continue wit the bottle milk. Pumping also increases milk supply cos when u pump, the brain releases msg to the body to supply more instead of waiting till wen the baby is hungry. Also as they develop d milk gets digested easily hence hungry within a short time so don't wait till then, u can have a schedule to try and feed every 2 or 3 hrs and when u pump, someone else can assist with the feeding instead of d baby always being attached to ur nipples. All the best

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can A Baby Of 2 Months old Take Pap by IYADARA(f): 4:08pm On Jun 29, 2015
In as much as breast milk is the best, I don't see reason why u can't feed d baby with pap.....I was told was fed with excess water from Eba*garri* even from two weeks and am stronger now self than my hubby who got breasfed for over 6 month .......but op, if u can. Afford baby milk...some re as low as 800 ....pls do....it more nutriticios .
Re: Can A Baby Of 2 Months old Take Pap by Nobody: 8:49pm On Jun 29, 2015
I fed my 2 and half months old with pap cos breastmilk wasn't enuf and formula don't last more than 2 days.
Just watch his poo,gas,stomach and general body sign.

U can give guineacorn. It's a bit nutricious.
Add some formula and argument with breastmilk. As time goes on,u can add crayfish and then introduce solid.
Re: Can A Baby Of 2 Months old Take Pap by nwarosa: 1:17am On Feb 17, 2019
I fed my 2 and half months old with pap cos breastmilk wasn't enuf and formula don't last more than 2 days.
Just watch his poo,gas,stomach and general body sign.

U can give guineacorn. It's a bit nutricious.
Add some formula and argument with breastmilk. As time goes on,u can add crayfish and then introduce solid.
I am presently in this situation. Any thoughts on millet?
Re: Can A Baby Of 2 Months old Take Pap by Eroms4life17(m): 2:38am On Feb 17, 2019
You said a baby girl, not boy ooo wants to suck your wife dry? bros that woman wants to find an excuse to stylishly stop breastfeeding. Shine your eyes bros. let her eat well and rest. Even women that have twins still manage do 4 months exclusive let alone a single baby girl.
Re: Can A Baby Of 2 Months old Take Pap by Validcode: 11:09am On Feb 17, 2019
All the people saying pap has no nutritional value, shame on you. Pap is rich in calcium which babies need in abundance.
You can give your baby watery pap along with breast milk.
DO NOT STOP THE BREAST MILK.

5 Likes

Re: Can A Baby Of 2 Months old Take Pap by Nobody: 6:06pm On Feb 17, 2019
Bro please don't allow madam to cut breastfeeding,if your baby is a male child...it'll spell doom for his future partner's boobi...speaking from experience cool
Re: Can A Baby Of 2 Months old Take Pap by DaCharis2016: 6:02pm On Sep 14, 2019
Validcode:
All the people saying pap has no nutritional value, shame on you. Pap is rich in calcium which babies need in abundance.
You can give your baby watery pap along with breast milk.
DO NOT STOP THE BREAST MILK.
Mine is two months old, and the mother can't breastfeed coz she's hepatitis B positive with little viral load. She's being mixing the formula with pap(watery/lite) in his sixth week now. But I'm not comfortable with it.
Re: Can A Baby Of 2 Months old Take Pap by yeyeosoronga: 8:30pm On Sep 14, 2019
No. It's too early. Let the mother breastfeed, or just keep buying formula. Their gut is not yet fully developed to digest some of these pap meals

(1) (Reply)

My 85-Year-Old Dad Is Cheating On My Mom / 19-year-old Boy Impregnates Mother While Testing Love Charm / 20 Costly Mistakes That Married Men Make.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.