Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,898 members, 7,802,894 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 02:15 AM

Finally Got A Job After So Long, But My In-Laws Won't Let Me Have It! - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Finally Got A Job After So Long, But My In-Laws Won't Let Me Have It! (39602 Views)

My Son Won't Let Me Get Any Action / She Won't Sleep, She Won't Let Me Sleep. / What My In-Laws Served Me (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Finally Got A Job After So Long, But My In-Laws Won't Let Me Have It! by happney65: 11:16pm On Jun 26, 2015
deebee13:
So I got married recently, and my in laws are quite religious. Last week I got a new job after waiting for so long for it... T

he problem now is, my in-laws claim they prayed about it, and I shouldn't take d job. It's at an NGO, with a beautiful package and future for me.

I also have till 2nd of July to give my answer to the regional office.

I need mature advices on how to handle this matter pls!!!

You got married to a Mummy/Daddy's boy...Remember dis below?

This is a really troubling issue for me, and I need mature advices pls.

My fiance and I have bin dating for the past two years, and our wedding date is fixed,but there's a problem...He is too attached to his parents,like a little child. it amazes me that he doesn't seem to see what it's doing to our relationship.

I want him to be a man, and stand on his own. I had to talk and talk before he moved out of their house,nd get a place of his own. Now he goes to their place every week, de call him almost everyday, and he does same. I really love him,cos he's a good man, but this is one thing I can't cope with. Pls Wat do I do about this?

1 Like

Re: Finally Got A Job After So Long, But My In-Laws Won't Let Me Have It! by cochexky: 11:17pm On Jun 26, 2015
BRO ABEG NO WAST UR SALIVA , JUST SEND ME UR NUMBER MAKE I CALL U SO WE CAN DISCUSS HOW I WILL TAKE THE JOB ,,, INLAW MY FOOT ,,,,, HAVE U NOT BEEN PRAYING FOR A JOB SINCE ? NOW U WANT TO PLAY WITH GOD FAVOR . SEND UR NUMBER JOOR U SON OF WEAK UNDERSTANDING . GET RICH OR DIE TRYING
Re: Finally Got A Job After So Long, But My In-Laws Won't Let Me Have It! by Sunofgod(m): 11:19pm On Jun 26, 2015
deebee13:
So I got married recently, and my in laws are quite religious. Last week I got a new job after waiting for so long for it... T

he problem now is, my in-laws claim they prayed about it, and I shouldn't take d job. It's at an NGO, with a beautiful package and future for me.

The answer is simple . . .. . . . . Choose between your 'husband' and the views of Nairalanders!

2 Likes

Re: Finally Got A Job After So Long, But My In-Laws Won't Let Me Have It! by Acidosis(m): 11:20pm On Jun 26, 2015
I won't blame your in-law until I know the nature of the job.

The word NGO has to be conceptualized o. Even some brothels now claim NGO
Re: Finally Got A Job After So Long, But My In-Laws Won't Let Me Have It! by Tolubory(m): 11:21pm On Jun 26, 2015
deebee13:

Nah Hotel Job?
Re: Finally Got A Job After So Long, But My In-Laws Won't Let Me Have It! by Olutola88(m): 11:21pm On Jun 26, 2015
deebee13:

Why are your in-laws the ones praying about your new job? Wetin do mama and papa deebee13? #ThinkingAloud

3 Likes

Re: Finally Got A Job After So Long, But My In-Laws Won't Let Me Have It! by freecocoa(f): 11:30pm On Jun 26, 2015
It's not even your husband but in-laws, I don't even see why they should have a say in the matter.

You should have a conversation with your hubby, telling him what you want, his opinion is the important one here.

2 Likes

Re: Finally Got A Job After So Long, But My In-Laws Won't Let Me Have It! by Drikojigzy(m): 11:33pm On Jun 26, 2015
[b][/b][/i][i]

call us fOR HD event coverage/RedCarpet musical video shoot. movie production/ special effect 3d motion animation adverts, jingles, documentary. modeling training music promotion e.t.c
crystalmedia@gmail.com ff@crystalfilmz FB - CRYSTAL MEDIA I.G - crystal_filmz 55D0AF3A 08169837913

here are some of our samples

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Om5ObFntZm0&gl=NG&hl=en&client=mv-google

we are 5mins away from your call
Re: Finally Got A Job After So Long, But My In-Laws Won't Let Me Have It! by AreaFada2: 11:34pm On Jun 26, 2015
Nothing person nor go hear for this con3. In law ko, stepdaughter ni. So you and your hubby cannot decide what is best for you? Abeg educate me, maybe I am getting too old to understand this gist. cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Finally Got A Job After So Long, But My In-Laws Won't Let Me Have It! by Chillinmasoul(m): 11:34pm On Jun 26, 2015
Inlaw ko, Outlaw ni! Rubbish! Take the Job please.

1 Like

Re: Finally Got A Job After So Long, But My In-Laws Won't Let Me Have It! by ghettodreamz(m): 11:40pm On Jun 26, 2015
Insidous:

I fell like butchering myself into pieces after reading your comment. Do you have a brain at all?

Sorry, I don't have answer to such an impertinent question. And please, don't bother quoting me back, as you won't be getting further response from me on this. And lastly, Grow Up!

1 Like

Re: Finally Got A Job After So Long, But My In-Laws Won't Let Me Have It! by hillsate: 11:40pm On Jun 26, 2015
Sorry to ask but how old are you and your husband? How did your family discussion get to your inlaws? The only person's decision that matter here is that of your husband. When you prayed, what did God tell you?
You and your husband better wake up and run your family and dont allow any third party force their opinions on you.
Wake up!!!

4 Likes

Re: Finally Got A Job After So Long, But My In-Laws Won't Let Me Have It! by Nobody: 11:41pm On Jun 26, 2015
they prayed about IT and God told them that you shouldn't take the Job.

Like OMG.

Let me tell you what happened to my Cousin early this year.
He was processing his admission to a Ukraine University through someone that knew someone there.
He did what many naive people do these days, he consulted pastors (three Men of God) and they told him it was all good. Apparently God told the pastors everything.... lol

The "someone" that was helping him with the admission requested for $$$ and he gladly went to the bank grin Ode Boi
Need I say? He was duped over #1m.

And the last time I checked, my God doesn't lie.
Apparently, Pastors do. Cos most times, they tell you exactly what you hope to hear.

Your inlaws can't possibly support you getting a Job few months into your marriage. Its very simple.

If you like, secure a Job with Shell or Chevron, or even with God himself. They will still pray about it and cook up bullish*t

Use you head and stand your ground.
Tell them you had a Vision and God Clearly told you he changed his mind. cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Finally Got A Job After So Long, But My In-Laws Won't Let Me Have It! by Nobody: 11:42pm On Jun 26, 2015
ghettodreamz:

Sorry, I don't have answer to such an impertinent question. And please, don't bother quoting me back, as you won't be getting further response from me on this. And lastly, Grow Up!

Ode!

1 Like

Re: Finally Got A Job After So Long, But My In-Laws Won't Let Me Have It! by danieljune(m): 11:47pm On Jun 26, 2015
You have waited so long for a job only to say no, are u crazy?

even your own husband cant buy every single thing you want, think about it.

be jobless and stay home all day long OR get a job and make money. i'm a guy i wont let my own wife be jobless, so think about dat

3 Likes

Re: Finally Got A Job After So Long, But My In-Laws Won't Let Me Have It! by Femosita1: 11:50pm On Jun 26, 2015
Rosarie:
are u stayin with ur inlaws.i dnt get how ur inlaws ve a say in d job u got.u ask permisson frm dem or wot.rilly dnt get.am married too.anytin is btwn i n ma hubby .xternal familes is to greet dem wen chanced.dey dnt interfer in our issues.

You are on point my dear. She has to define her relationship and most importantly reach an agreement with her husband regarding the job. In as much as it's something that will keep her mind busy and ease off the emotional stress that goes with unemployment.
Re: Finally Got A Job After So Long, But My In-Laws Won't Let Me Have It! by dre11(m): 11:51pm On Jun 26, 2015
deebee13:

Just tell me its you on your dp........
Because you husband have got competitors.

What is the nature of the job?
Job description?
Are you going to stay in the same town/city with your husband or it entails you to travel alot?
How did your in-law came to know about the job selfundecided

From there we can know what to say
Re: Finally Got A Job After So Long, But My In-Laws Won't Let Me Have It! by Finestibogirl: 11:55pm On Jun 26, 2015
Hmmmmm
Re: Finally Got A Job After So Long, But My In-Laws Won't Let Me Have It! by Missmossy(f): 11:55pm On Jun 26, 2015
Hmmmm why so much interference from your in-laws?

Your marriage is still young and fresh, you don't need all of these i must confess.

4 Likes

Re: Finally Got A Job After So Long, But My In-Laws Won't Let Me Have It! by naijainfogalery: 12:00am On Jun 27, 2015
i quoted u for one reason, your hubby my question is how did ur inlaw know about your offer, i guess the problem isnt your inlaw its your hubby, i suspect the salary is more than that of your hubby and he isnt comfortable with him, you will need to fill up his ego tank and assure him that you will not change, he is using his people to stop you, if you take the job without his permission your marriage might crash, beg him, cuddle him, show him more love, respect him, love him more, he has a low self esteem., Sorry i said all this about him, you have neglected him so long that u didnt even know this, deny this if i am wrong, if im not lets help your marriage , Note: your marriage comes first before anything
deebee13:

1 Like

Re: Finally Got A Job After So Long, But My In-Laws Won't Let Me Have It! by Mznaett: 12:01am On Jun 27, 2015
People dey say "ladies fine" but 4dz pix wey dey 4 op profile i go say d babe "tight"die even if no b she o cool
Re: Finally Got A Job After So Long, But My In-Laws Won't Let Me Have It! by Nobody: 12:02am On Jun 27, 2015
you are old enough to think for yourself and make your own decisions.
Re: Finally Got A Job After So Long, But My In-Laws Won't Let Me Have It! by uscofield: 12:02am On Jun 27, 2015
From my own view, your hubby doesn't stay around and you are putting up with his parents.

If my assertion is wrong, then, what your hubby says about the job is what counts.

On a second thought, if your hubby is torn between, that means, he is either a daddy's boy or mummy's boy and can't make decisions of his own.

Let your hubby be the decider of this case
Re: Finally Got A Job After So Long, But My In-Laws Won't Let Me Have It! by venza(m): 12:03am On Jun 27, 2015
Just wondering if realy u are in dire need of a job

1 Like

Re: Finally Got A Job After So Long, But My In-Laws Won't Let Me Have It! by arabaribiti(m): 12:05am On Jun 27, 2015
Am going to be blunt with you and am saying you and ur husband are not ready for marriage, are you staying with ur in law and if yes must they know everything you people do and when the children start coming and your husband can't pay d bills alone he will start nagging why didn't you take that job and if you say but he agree and he will say can't you stand your ground pls wise up miss sorry mrs soro niyen

2 Likes

Re: Finally Got A Job After So Long, But My In-Laws Won't Let Me Have It! by Nobody: 12:05am On Jun 27, 2015
This is already a sign that you're letting your inlaws run your marriage, on the long run, this could crash the union...

2 Likes

Re: Finally Got A Job After So Long, But My In-Laws Won't Let Me Have It! by uscofield: 12:06am On Jun 27, 2015
Mznaett:
People dey say "ladies fine" but 4dz pix wey dey 4 op profile i go say d babe "tight"die even if no b she o cool

E be like say u dey like women....u be leg over?

Na joke oooo...but na ur write up I follow ooo
Re: Finally Got A Job After So Long, But My In-Laws Won't Let Me Have It! by Heart2heart(m): 12:08am On Jun 27, 2015
Make youths get work, mk ee remain say na in laws no wan mk we work. OP don't forget soon into ur marriage, same in laws will be asking u if u no dey buy something give them? Ur eye go clear wen they gv u that impression of na to chop our son only u sabi? Person no dey chop ur own abi u dey carry gv ur parents alone. Better tk up that job. U said dey are very godly. Na pipo wey deey worldly dey work?

1 Like

Re: Finally Got A Job After So Long, But My In-Laws Won't Let Me Have It! by uscofield: 12:10am On Jun 27, 2015
Missmossy:
Hmmmm why so much interference from your in-laws?

Your marriage is still young and fresh, you don't need all of these i must confess.

Please confess more...which pastor touch your head?
Re: Finally Got A Job After So Long, But My In-Laws Won't Let Me Have It! by meta4(m): 12:10am On Jun 27, 2015
deebee13:

inlaws have started already on your case? well in as much as inlaws are important in marriage, the ball lies between you and your spouse.
God now speaks to him about you, so let him pray and get the answer. as for me, my wife will resume first before i tell anybody about her status.
Before long the will be telling you all your life moves as visions they saw.
Ask your husband to take a decision and it should stay with two of you as decision making is only between couples...others will only know when you have taken your stand.

My one kobo advise....take that job.
Re: Finally Got A Job After So Long, But My In-Laws Won't Let Me Have It! by meta4(m): 12:15am On Jun 27, 2015
happney65:

You got married to a Mummy/Daddy's boy...Remember dis below?

This is a really troubling issue for me, and I need mature advices pls.

My fiance and I have bin dating for the past two years, and our wedding date is fixed,but there's a problem...He is too attached to his parents,like a little child. it amazes me that he doesn't seem to see what it's doing to our relationship.

I want him to be a man, and stand on his own. I had to talk and talk before he moved out of their house,nd get a place of his own. Now he goes to their place every week, de call him almost everyday, and he does same. I really love him,cos he's a good man, but this is one thing I can't cope with. Pls Wat do I do about this?

To me, he is not yet a man that is ready to start a family, he already has one in his parents.
If you forced him or had to tell him before he could leave his parents house....that tells it all.
let him know he has to take a decision or you might make he have to choose....

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Chizaram Okoh: This Child Is Missing In Enugu (Photo) / What My Wife Did Yesterday That Made Me Realize She's Special / Husband Discovers That His Wife’s Supposed Four Siblings Are Her Children

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.