Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,047 members, 7,807,145 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 10:15 AM

Fear I Will Never Get Married :/ - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Fear I Will Never Get Married :/ (5863 Views)

I Fear I Will Be Single All Of My Life / When Two Nl Addicts Eventually Get Married... (Pics..) / Which Would You Prefer When You Get Married? PHOTO! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fear I Will Never Get Married :/ by Omotayor123(f): 10:13pm On Jun 26, 2015
dancok:
I will marry u, don't worry
OK... Notedgrin
Re: Fear I Will Never Get Married :/ by honeygirl17: 11:05pm On Jun 26, 2015
chigoizie7:

Maybe I am the African prince.

No you can't be
Re: Fear I Will Never Get Married :/ by chigoizie7(m): 11:11pm On Jun 26, 2015
honeygirl17:

No you can't be

Why can't I? I carry sh!t for nyash?
Re: Fear I Will Never Get Married :/ by Nobody: 11:24pm On Jun 26, 2015
honeygirl17:

I'm a virgin, I only talk about s3x here. I was told guys with biiig penisssss knows how yo f@ck better. is it true? I'm afraid of peniss too, I need your help gozie.

I'm a virgin too but i dont have big peniss oo
Re: Fear I Will Never Get Married :/ by peedeeasobie(m): 3:40am On Jun 27, 2015
Arami92:

So Nairalanders! i Need advice oo!

I'm Nigerian, but i'm very Americanized..(came to America when i was small).

People tell me i'm a very pretty girl, and most of my friends say it won't be hard for me to get married...BUT i can't seem to get a boyfriend talk-less of marriage. At 23 i've never even had a serious boyfriend and i don't know why. i'm starting to wonder if there is something seriously wrong with me that i cannot see.

Here are the things i think may be the problem (based on my opinion and what others have told me):

a) I'm not always super approachable. i'm not mean at all but i don't go out of my way to be talking to everybody. But i always dress well, i smile and act friendly and i'm not mean to people. But my friends still say because guys may be intimidated when they see a pretty girl who has a stuck up appearance they won't approach her. I have pride but it's not arrogance.

b) I'm still a virgin. I get scared when it comes to sexual things because my biggest fear is to lose my virginity with a man that will only leave me or doesn't truly love me. So when i'm dating a guy and he tries to make things sexual i always cut that very short!. My friends say this may be a turnoff to guys because you have to tease them and give them something to hang on to because men are very sexual. (Like i won't even kiss you until i really like you.) BUT my father raised me to never be ashewo! So i try to keep myself as pure as possible for the right person, so sometimes that gets in the way of the natural flow of things.

c) I'm stubborn o! Like sometimes i like to form *Hard-to-get* I was always told as a woman you should never be too easy for a man, that you should let him chase you. And this is usually what i do. And i also don't always show my emotions. Like if i'm starting to really like a guy i'm very scared to express it. I always hold back unless he professes his love for me first. I feel like if you show too much emotion too soon you can scare men away so i let him lead on how much emotion to show.

d) lastly I only like to date Nigerian guys. But i live in a city where there are very few of us. My friends say when i move to a city with more Nigerians the suitors will be rolling in but idk. I still cant help but feel like maybe something is wrong with me.

Words of advice will be appreciated<3

Its from the village!

The juju from ur village foLlowed you to USA!

Thank me later and don't say that I said! #privilegedinformation#
Re: Fear I Will Never Get Married :/ by honeygirl17: 11:59am On Jun 27, 2015
Alexander14:

I'm a virgin too but i dont have big peniss oo

OK, go vote agarawu23, I go check that carrot later
Re: Fear I Will Never Get Married :/ by Nobody: 2:54pm On Jun 27, 2015
honeygirl17:

OK, go vote agarawu23, I go check that carrot later
Lolz...carrot?? oh men!
Re: Fear I Will Never Get Married :/ by joromi: 3:58pm On Jun 27, 2015
This is so me but I'm still 20 so, i just try to relegate those thoughts..
Re: Fear I Will Never Get Married :/ by Nobody: 9:29pm On Jun 27, 2015
Arami92:

People tell me i'm a very pretty girl, and most of my friends say it won't be hard for me to get married...BUT i can't seem to get a boyfriend talk-less of marriage. At 23 i've never even had a serious boyfriend and i don't know why. i'm starting to wonder if there is something seriously wrong with me that i cannot see.

Here are the things i think may be the problem (based on my opinion and what others have told me):

a) I'm not always super approachable. i'm not mean at all but i don't go out of my way to be talking to everybody. But i always dress well, i smile and act friendly and i'm not mean to people. But my friends still say because guys may be intimidated when they see a pretty girl who has a stuck up appearance they won't approach her. I have pride but it's not arrogance.

b) I'm still a virgin. I get scared when it comes to sexual things because my biggest fear is to lose my virginity with a man that will only leave me or doesn't truly love me. So when i'm dating a guy and he tries to make things sexual i always cut that very short!. My friends say this may be a turnoff to guys because you have to tease them and give them something to hang on to because men are very sexual. (Like i won't even kiss you until i really like you.) BUT my father raised me to never be ashewo! So i try to keep myself as pure as possible for the right person, so sometimes that gets in the way of the natural flow of things.

c) I'm stubborn o! Like sometimes i like to form *Hard-to-get* I was always told as a woman you should never be too easy for a man, that you should let him chase you. And this is usually what i do. And i also don't always show my emotions. Like if i'm starting to really like a guy i'm very scared to express it. I always hold back unless he professes his love for me first. I feel like if you show too much emotion too soon you can scare men away so i let him lead on how much emotion to show.

d) lastly I only like to date Nigerian guys. But i live in a city where there are very few of us. My friends say when i move to a city with more Nigerians the suitors will be rolling in but idk. I still cant help but feel like maybe something is wrong with me.

You've already identified the problem. Why not act on it
Re: Fear I Will Never Get Married :/ by ihedinobi2: 6:39pm On Jul 11, 2015
Arami92, you're not too young to worry. It's not too early to be concerned. You're on the right course.

About your concerns, being a virgin is a precious thing. If a guy has a problem with it please move on fast. Your society seems to appreciate virginity very little until it's lost then you spend forever complaining about being judged. Hold on to your pride as a woman. It is worth the cost.

Every woman worth anything wants a man to show that he appreciates that worth. So playing hard to get is understandable. However, it's important that you learn how to keep the man interested. Green lights are real. Leave crumbs for him to follow, let him always know that you want him but that you need him to convince you about how much he values you. Men appreciate that, speaking purely biologically. We like to work for things we want. We just don't like chasing the wind endlessly. No man enjoys being led on.

You'll be alright. I didn't see your photo. But I already took your word for how fine you are and others who seem to have seen it apparently agree. That can be daunting for decent men, especially if they have suffered at the hands of beautiful women. So try to be modest with your dressing. Let your appearance say that you don't think you're the queen of the world at whose feet men are supposed to grovel. You will only attract mean guys who feel challenged to conquer you and show off a trophy and insecure guys who are accustomed to rejection and groveling that way.

Like I said, you're gonna be fine. Just keep being friendly and kind.

smiley

2 Likes

Re: Fear I Will Never Get Married :/ by Arami92: 7:12pm On Jul 11, 2015
ihedinobi2:
Arami92, you're not too young to worry. It's not too early to be concerned. You're on the right course.

About your concerns, being a virgin is a precious thing. If a guy has a problem with it please move on fast. Your society seems to appreciate virginity very little until it's lost then you spend forever complaining about being judged. Hold on to your pride as a woman. It is worth the cost.

Every woman worth anything wants a man to show that he appreciates that cost. So playing hard to get is understandable. However, it's important that you learn how to keep the man interested. Green lights are real. Leave crumbs for him to follow, let him always know that you want him but that you need him to convince you about how much he values you. Men appreciate that, speaking purely biologically. We like to work for things we want. We just don't like chasing the wind endlessly. No man enjoys being led on.

You'll be alright. I didn't see your photo. But I already took your word for how fine you are and others who seem to have seen it apparently agree. That can be daunting for decent men, especially if they have suffered at the hands of beautiful women. So try to be modest with your dressing. Let your appearance say that you don't think you're the queen of the world at whose feet men are supposed to grovel. You will only attract mean guys who feel challenged to conquer you and show off a trophy and insecure guys who are accustomed to rejection and groveling that way.

Like I said, you're gonna be fine. Just keep being friendly and kind.

smiley

Thank you! I really appreciate your advice!

smiley
Re: Fear I Will Never Get Married :/ by Nobody: 7:31pm On Jul 11, 2015
Arami92:

Don't worry, me am 32 and still officially single....though i had a booty partner, but can't get out of the booty zone...don't worry...you'll probably be luckier than you think
Re: Fear I Will Never Get Married :/ by Nobody: 8:32am On Jul 29, 2015
Hey you are very normal, thing is you need to look at yourself more critically now and ask yourself, what do I really want from a guy? all those guys that left really don't mean good, cause if they do they will stay, moreover its good that you are looking at Nigerians more preferably, am not against interracial relationship but there is nothing as good as dealing with someone that understands your culture . I have seen interracial marriages crumble due to simple things like culture difference. To meet more Nigerians move to cities like New York (any five boroughs). Lest I forget you need an older guy that will understand and appreciate you more maybe you are just more mentally matured than the guys that come around.
Re: Fear I Will Never Get Married :/ by ivyT(f): 11:23am On Jul 29, 2015
maverickdude:
WAP..we ar nothin buh pencil in d hands of d creator

Nairalanders..we ar nothin buh mumu in d eyes of op

#superstory gringringrin ,post ur picture

lolzzzzzzz..........
Re: Fear I Will Never Get Married :/ by Morenzy15: 11:40am On Jul 29, 2015
Why do you want to die in silence when actually you can finally stop premature ejaculation and also make it bigger. Increase the size, length and girth of your joystick for effective and pleasurable sex you deserve to give your woman. Get this lovely Handsome Up Penis Enlargement vacuum pump sex extender for men. It also perfectly work for premature ejaculation. It has no side effect, safe, effective and guaranteed. Within just a month, you will have seen the difference. contact 08028930179 to get yours for limited stock available.
Re: Fear I Will Never Get Married :/ by Mskrisx(f): 10:56pm On Jul 29, 2015
maverickdude:
WAP..we ar nothin buh pencil in d hands of d creator

Nairalanders..we ar nothin buh mumu in d eyes of op

#superstory gringringrin ,post ur picture

Lwkmd grin being a while I laughed like this. ..

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Girls On Low-cut Are The Finest / Girl Upload Her Unclad Pix Just To Celebrate Her Birthday (pictures) / Man Holding On To A Woman By Her Hair After She Fell From Her Window (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.