Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,635 members, 7,801,834 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 01:20 AM

My Humiliation At ECOBANK Badagry. - Business (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / My Humiliation At ECOBANK Badagry. (33119 Views)

Ecobank Branch Is On Fire (Photos) / Ecobank Introduces Cardless Cash Withdrawal Service / What Eden1747(f) Did Not Tell Us About Her "Humilation" At ECOBANK Badagry Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Humiliation At ECOBANK Badagry. by sherrylo: 10:46am On Jun 27, 2015
franksam2009:
. YOU ARE A LIAR, AND A SPOILT KID

Ha, I can bet she is not lying. I have had my own share with them

1 Like

Re: My Humiliation At ECOBANK Badagry. by Nobody: 10:51am On Jun 27, 2015
Atk1nson:

if u are the accused simply state ur side of the story and stop attacking d lady. Which staff in a client - facing company calls his client a goat and even dared to physically assault her, guy dere is no justification for that except it's a lie

You dey there when he call am goat ? That is her side of the story which may or may not be true

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Humiliation At ECOBANK Badagry. by Nobody: 11:04am On Jun 27, 2015
Eden1747:

Am I permitted to insult this male chauvinist? I Have received several phone calls from people who know me personally to tell me it's cos I'm too soft spoken... And a guy on here said he was at the bank and saw me drive off... What more do you want?... I opened that account when they were Oceanic and the customer service was good.. It shot to hell when they merged with ecobank. One old man waiting in line grumbled that too. And I couldn't agree more. I also bank with Skye and Gtb... They are customer service oriented.
I'm glad you talked about the cctv showing stuff. At least, it will show the other 2 guys in the cubicle begging me to ignore him and let him rant. Im sure glad I didn't run into you while you were working at ecobank. I'd have had this experience sooner!

I still don't believe all you've written , why would any sane person just call you goat without confrontation from you ? . I don't know you and I don't know the guy but I have seen too many scenarios play out like this and in most cases ( if not all ) the customer is usually the one to aggravate the worker.

3 Likes

Re: My Humiliation At ECOBANK Badagry. by Rapbender(m): 11:30am On Jun 27, 2015
eeya! smiley
Re: My Humiliation At ECOBANK Badagry. by victorking: 11:38am On Jun 27, 2015
As much as I have heard the other side of the story, customer care is very key to preserving the image of any institution. The banker guy would have exercised discipline.
Re: My Humiliation At ECOBANK Badagry. by Raymondluv(m): 12:54pm On Jun 27, 2015
Emmy4Naija:

Solution to your problem is to walk into any FirstBank, open an account and get Your ATMcard the same day...very simple like ABC.
I am talking from similar experience in GTbank Trans-Amadi branch, Port Harcourt
It took up to 10 working days to get the my ATMcard. However, 2 days after the application for for the card, I got sms that it's ready. I drove down to the branch only for the customer care to tell me that the sms was in error that my card is not yet ready. That most of their customer were sent the same sms.
I then asked why was a reversal/disregard sms not sent when they noticed the problem.
I left the branch unhappy considering that I have spent manhour and petrol to get the the branch and on the que.
After about 20days I went back to pick the card, card was given to me. During the activation , mid way the guy walked out of me without telling me that the process is not complete. Ignorantly, I completed the record/log book he gave me.I asked his colleague if the process is done and if I could go. The guy I asked gave me a go ahead.
Immediately, I went to use the card in the bank POS but it failed to work, after trying my pin twice.
I was redirected to the guy in charge of activation.
He claimed that I left while he was still trying to get the activation done mean while he was the person that walked away from me without a word halfway into the activation process.

While trying to activate the card, I then tried my pin again, I suppose for the 3rd time.I was told I have exceeded the number of pin trials for the day that I have to come tomorrow.

In dissatisfaction at the level of poor customer services I experienced, I left the card for the two fellows ( A lady and a guy) who were in charge of the activation.
I went to Firstbank the next day, that is today, opened an account and got the ATMcard immediately, activated it and ready to rock and roll. I was also impressed with the level of customer services at Firstbank

Later in the day, I went to the same GTbank to do a different transaction, used the opportunity to ask them for my card...After initial silence that lasted for 5 minutes, the guy at GTbank told me that the custodian of my card is not around.
Again, I left the branch without the card...For me that was the end of my banking services with GTBANK.
i also want to open an account with first bank hw much do dey usevin opening an acc in first bank
Re: My Humiliation At ECOBANK Badagry. by Sammyblaq(m): 6:13pm On Jun 27, 2015
priscaoge:

Thanks Dear! It can only be delayed cool

Lwkmd cheesy Na to send them ur account number so that d allowee go de enter direct cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
I dey tell you...

1 Like

Re: My Humiliation At ECOBANK Badagry. by justbeenpaid(m): 6:20pm On Jun 27, 2015
Eden1747:
I have never been as humiliated as I was today at ECOBANK Badagry. I had applied for a MasterCard two weeks earlier and decided to go for it yesterday, Thursday June 25th. I was given the MasterCard but was unable to get my pin as someone in the CSM's office told me the guy had just gone out for medicals. After waiting for about 45 minutes, I left the bank and went about my business. I returned again at 3pm and the CSM wasn't on seat... The same guy in his office told me apologetically that everyone had been looking for him and I gathered from the tone of his voice that the CSM guy's absence was unofficial.

I however returned today, friday 26th and as I walked down the banking hall towards his cubicle. I greeted "Good afternoon, I came for my pin, here's my card" the guy looked at me and ignored my outstretched hand for about 30 seconds before snapping in a loud voice "did I ask for your card?"

I replied that I was a customer and he had no right to talk to me that way, his reply was to snatch the card from me and tell me "you are a goat". So I told him I wouldn't stand there and let him berate me... His response was to fling the card at me. He flung it with so much force that I had to avert my head as the card almost struck my left eye.

I called the head office and try as they did, the guy refused to apologize to me, claiming instead that he was older than me and that why did I call the head office. This was from some guy who called me a goat!

I think the guy was just plain frustrated but he went too far with his reactions. These guys quickly forget the training that was given to them during their induction and all.... It's very wrong to throw the card at you.

Did you speak to him in a harsh tone or something? Whatever though he still has no reason to act in that manner.

Re: My Humiliation At ECOBANK Badagry. by Drkul(f): 7:40pm On Jun 27, 2015
Jinyjagz:
same as d one in my area at agbara, dat one will even tell u if u want to close ur acct nobody is holding u..ecobank agbara branch is worst...all dere tinz na one one, 1door, 1atm, 1customer care, 1cleaner
One one grin, funny you

2 Likes

Re: My Humiliation At ECOBANK Badagry. by Nobody: 2:28pm On Jun 29, 2015
Cadillac15:

At last. One sane guy from a her multitude of psychos multiple nairaland handles. All I can say about the op is that her pride is like peak milk. Its in Her.

Accurate cool smiley
Re: My Humiliation At ECOBANK Badagry. by 9jatatafo(m): 3:21pm On Jun 30, 2015
excellentmomma:

Please I want to sue my pension managers, do you know of any good financial lawyer?

Bro any sound lawyer can treat the case, all is needed is just a little evidence.
Re: My Humiliation At ECOBANK Badagry. by kingsamosy(m): 11:31pm On Jun 30, 2015
I have had similar experience with one of their staffs, I stopped banking with them.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Christmas Picture Of Tony Elumelu And Family / Godstime Chukwubuikem Samuel Gives Dangote A Portrait In Imo. Photos / Brain Drain Hits Nigerian Banks As Tech Experts, Others Resign In Droves

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.