Stats: 3,150,568 members, 7,809,072 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:26 PM

Northern APC Chieftains Move To Undermine Tinubu - National Daily - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Northern APC Chieftains Move To Undermine Tinubu - National Daily (32689 Views)

2019: South-west Leaders, APC Chieftains Realign Forces - Newtelegraphonline / Tinubu Under Pressure To Float New Party - National Daily / Northern Group Warns Against Plot To Undermine Tinubu (2) (3) (4)

Re: Northern APC Chieftains Move To Undermine Tinubu - National Daily by fujirice: 8:42am On Jun 27, 2015
This is what I hate about our politics, 2015 have hardly kick started and this guy's are already talking about 2019. When are they going to do the real business of governance when they have already fixed their eyes on 2019?
Re: Northern APC Chieftains Move To Undermine Tinubu - National Daily by onatisi(m): 8:42am On Jun 27, 2015
gregg2:

What's Tinubu's influence outside SW?
even within the south west ,his influence is getting diminished on a daily basis. Apart from lagos,ogun and osun,tinubu no longer calls the shots in the remaining south west states. That is why he desperately needs the federal backing in order to get all his powers back.

Re: Northern APC Chieftains Move To Undermine Tinubu - National Daily by BluMalam(m): 8:42am On Jun 27, 2015
chukwudi44:

Olodo Shagari needed igbo votes hence an igbo VP.Your mumu no get part two. I even think I would stop arguing with you as you sound like a teanager

Dullard the point is as far as a Yoruba is not contesting, Igbo votes are useless and if they're contesting, ibos will only be used as pawns as they will be too happy to settle for VP (mere commissioner according to you) to any Northerner.
Re: Northern APC Chieftains Move To Undermine Tinubu - National Daily by pharmagba: 8:42am On Jun 27, 2015
pharmagba:
Having taken time to read all above contribution I tend to ask, ' what has Tinubu done wrong? Whose toe has he stepped upon?' why are some people making us feel that Tinubu doesn't want Buhari to succeed? During the campaign do we know how Tinubu held Buhari's hand through all the of SW and to who matters? Do we know that Tinubu encouraged and re-branded Buhari to come out and contest again while gathering support for him?
Why Nigerians voted Buhari is because they knew he is a man of his own and that Tinubu amongst other people know this more, yet galvanized support for him. This same Tinubu rejected GEJ billions and made Atiku money useless all for Nigeria salvation.
My conclusion is that all this write up about Tinubu is a ploy by some power hungry, enemy of Nigeria to destroy Buhari, knowing he is not a politician but need Tinubu as his backbone to succeed.
The sad aspect of this whole saga is that some of us that are already ethic biased are feasting on this with joy. Ironically Tinubu has taken the siddon look approach.
If we look through with the eyes of one strong, united and prosperous Nigeria, we will move above this petty politics. LOVE IN MY HEART

Re: Northern APC Chieftains Move To Undermine Tinubu - National Daily by BluMalam(m): 8:45am On Jun 27, 2015
vikyno:

And how many people voted in SE and SS compared to those almajaris that voted massively in the North. Even war ravaged states had more voters than a peaceful SE.

That's the point, they lack the numbers to be relevant as chukwudi44 was trying to claim.
Re: Northern APC Chieftains Move To Undermine Tinubu - National Daily by vickie315: 8:46am On Jun 27, 2015
no matter what...if Atiku wants to become the president,he will need the support of Tinubu or Obasanjo...wait,or else a new party will still b formed ACN + PDP....
Re: Northern APC Chieftains Move To Undermine Tinubu - National Daily by Holywizard: 8:49am On Jun 27, 2015
lionduke:

You mean that one that drank rat poison out of frustration.
yes nah!

Awolowo drank #20 worth of otapiapia rat poison. Tinubu will take de one of Mosquito

Re: Northern APC Chieftains Move To Undermine Tinubu - National Daily by Holyman3(m): 8:50am On Jun 27, 2015
I
cktheluckyman:
bros abeg go and sit down jare.
Atiku was Action congress presidential candidate, he didn't even come second in the 2007 presidential election. In 2011 ACN's Nuhu Ribadu did not do any better in 2011.Come to 2015 his contributions to APC's margin of victory was just modest. The man is highly overated by your local sw media.

The 2011 elections was never decided by the west. You may want to look at the results again. GEJ got11 million votes from the SS/SE and just 2 million from the west. His margin of victory in the election was about 10million so how did arrive at the claim that the west decided the elections?

Even in the recently concluded 2015 elections, the west gave APC a mere 500,000 margin of victory in states, a figure exceeded in several northern states so again I ask,how did the west alone decide the elections?

The only major thing the west did for APC and Buhari is propaganda but even that has a limit to which it can go

Don't mind the chest-beating cowards.

Re: Northern APC Chieftains Move To Undermine Tinubu - National Daily by Nobody: 8:52am On Jun 27, 2015
BluMalam:

Dullard the point is as far as a Yoruba is not contesting, Igbo votes are useless and if they're contesting, ibos will only be used as pawns as they will be too happy to settle for VP (mere commissioner according to you) to any Northerner.
At least when igbo did collabo with we north we went a away with something substantial. We also had the speaker of the HOR and other key posts.When did Yoruba not ever contest? Awolowo contested thrice and failed woefully.Obasanjo in 1999 was a northern adopted candidate

Re: Northern APC Chieftains Move To Undermine Tinubu - National Daily by Nobody: 8:52am On Jun 27, 2015
temitemi1:
Tinubu is limited to lagos, anything outside lagos is disgrace for him!

Anything that will that will Thifnubu apart is welcome, he sold out the south because of oil wells
Re: Northern APC Chieftains Move To Undermine Tinubu - National Daily by 48noble(m): 8:52am On Jun 27, 2015
APC is sitting on a keg of gun powder...
Re: Northern APC Chieftains Move To Undermine Tinubu - National Daily by investnotspend: 8:52am On Jun 27, 2015
gregg2:

Then you don't know the political history of tinunbu . simple .
Re: Northern APC Chieftains Move To Undermine Tinubu - National Daily by eginacyril(m): 8:53am On Jun 27, 2015
tinubu is watching u guys
Re: Northern APC Chieftains Move To Undermine Tinubu - National Daily by rexel99: 8:54am On Jun 27, 2015
modskiller:
Tinubu has been quiet cos there's little or nothing he can do at this juncture.

True talk.d guy don humble
Re: Northern APC Chieftains Move To Undermine Tinubu - National Daily by afrikanns: 8:55am On Jun 27, 2015
Either you take it or leave it, Tinubu is unshakable, All is doing is strategizing, Tinubu influences are still needed by everybody that calls himself a politician. We will come out stronger back.

All this politicians you mentioned are just acting due to the body language of the president ( non chalance attitude which I think is very bad for the present democracy.

And for all those 3rd class citizens of Nigeria, especially those of them that were born in this century that have not taken their time to read or ask for what had already be fallen their papas and mamas same fate might await there generations too, if all these their crazy and vendetta attitude are not giving full stop.
Re: Northern APC Chieftains Move To Undermine Tinubu - National Daily by TheNature: 8:55am On Jun 27, 2015
We knows that with out tinubu,his followers and all the propaganda,lies they said against Jonathan the north couldn't done it alone.cheesy karma is in action.

Re: Northern APC Chieftains Move To Undermine Tinubu - National Daily by instinctg(m): 8:57am On Jun 27, 2015
all these sources of propaganda should note that this is not a "northern agenda" against Tinubu. tribalism is one of the rhetorics that politicians use in dividing us.

can you classify saraki of yoruba/ fulani heritage a core northerner? or is Dogara (a Christian minority) a mainstream northern Muslim ? ikerewandu of IBO land nko? or lasun the Yoruba man that is d deputy house speaker? can u really say they are core northerners ?

several northerners were among the supposed pro-tinubu group.

bottom line is that most of our politicians have permanent interest to dominate and no permanent friends. it just depends on the divided you find yourself to be but mark my words, Tinubu would fight and win.

The national assembly is just part of the whole government cos there are also powerful political blocs that would be fought for.

Re: Northern APC Chieftains Move To Undermine Tinubu - National Daily by Nobody: 8:57am On Jun 27, 2015
vickie315:
no matter what...if Atiku wants to become the president,he will need the support of Tinubu or Obasanjo...wait,or else a new party will still b formed ACN + PDP....
Which PDP? God forbid !! Tinubu and Obasanjo the two Yoruba heroes should resuscitate ACN and Field Fashola-Osinbanjo ticket in 2019,with their much touted political wizardry as acclaimed by Yoruba online warriors, am sure they would be able to dislodge APC and PDP in 2019

Re: Northern APC Chieftains Move To Undermine Tinubu - National Daily by BluMalam(m): 8:58am On Jun 27, 2015
chukwudi44:

At least when igbo did collabo with we north we went a away with something substantial. We also had the speaker of the HOR and other key posts.When did Yoruba not ever contest? Awolowo contested thrice and failed woefully.Obasanjo in 1999 was a northern adopted candidate

So now a VP post is suddenly substantial? No longer a mere commissioners post? You guys are sore losers for trying to make the Yoruba's feel unimportant. The current speaker is Yoruba (don't give me the fulani crap, I'm fulani and we know our own) so what's your point again I ask? When did Yoruba not ever contest? Yoruba's did not contest in 2015 and that's why they have now rendered the SE irrelevant.

In 2023, the North will also support the Yoruba nation to clinch the presidency, we did it for OBJ and we will do it again.
Re: Northern APC Chieftains Move To Undermine Tinubu - National Daily by onatisi(m): 8:59am On Jun 27, 2015
vickie315:
obasanjo is a featherweight when it comes to getting votes for a candidate, he only rode on the popular feelings and emotions of ppl . Even if obj didn't support apc ,buhari would still have won the election. On the issue of tinubu ,his case is very simple ,it is the yorubas that will eventually finish him off. Do u think yorubas regard tinubu as their leader or mouth piece Just wait and see. From the south west another party will emerge that will tackle apc state for state.I told somebody here yesterday that the whole nothern apc govs are solidly behind saraki,he didn't believe. The truth is ,apc structure will taken away from tinubu to the extent that he may even be forced to start a new party,the north will control apc ,any apc executive loyal to tinubu will kicked out within the next 24months.

6 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Northern APC Chieftains Move To Undermine Tinubu - National Daily by onatisi(m): 9:02am On Jun 27, 2015
chukwudi44:

Which PDP? God forbid !! Tinubu and Obasanjo the two Yoruba heroes should resuscitate ACN and Field Fashola-Osinbanjo ticket in 2019,with their much touted political wizardry as acclaimed by Yoruba online warriors, am sure they would be able to dislodge APC and PDP in 2019
tell me u are joking pls
Re: Northern APC Chieftains Move To Undermine Tinubu - National Daily by afrikanns: 9:02am On Jun 27, 2015
Two of the three politicians mentioned above have very bright chances, but that 3rd guy is out of it 4ever, but due to the their overzealousness their political chances might be at risk. quote me that I said so.
Re: Northern APC Chieftains Move To Undermine Tinubu - National Daily by Nobody: 9:02am On Jun 27, 2015
hannysur8:

I know his influence doesn't go beyond south west but I want u to realize to since 2011 till date whoever this man supported became the president with his influence in the west....I want u to understand that both the 2011 and 2015 election were decided by the west.

Oya nah, since you people supported GEJ in 2009 and hated him because of his favouring igbos and then supported the North in the just concluded elections and now the North is about to use you guys like cocoyam leaf used in wiping shyte after pooing in the bush, who una go support in 2019?

I dey laff Thief.nubu and OBJ and the whole South West now

Bunch of re.tards!

Re: Northern APC Chieftains Move To Undermine Tinubu - National Daily by PHIPEX(m): 9:04am On Jun 27, 2015
The only explanation I can lay my hand on now is that a house divided against itself can never stand. The south is divided so the north reaps where they didn't sow. If only some change chanters who were more of a bandwagon followers had been more articulate and less sentimental the entire south wouldn't have been in this pariah state. Now the best the entire south has is a commissioner VP after the supposed effort, backstabing and betrayal.

How did we allow the less literate North outsmart us this way, they act in their best interest and we come on the media to rant and quarrel like spoilt children. Who deceived us to believe that Northerners will suddenly favour us more than a southern would? The battle just started, we are yet to get to location of strategic infrastructures then we'll realise what we did to ourselves.
Re: Northern APC Chieftains Move To Undermine Tinubu - National Daily by ViktorMartins(m): 9:04am On Jun 27, 2015
I believe this is the right time for the Yorubas to support Jagaban to fight off these leeches, ACN has the highest bloc in this APC merger! Yorubas will not repeat the mistake of Awolowo (bless his soul)!

Long live the Yoruba Nation!
Re: Northern APC Chieftains Move To Undermine Tinubu - National Daily by Nobody: 9:04am On Jun 27, 2015
gregg2:

After he has finished helping the north rise to power. Good for him and the South West anyway. Hope they will learn their lesson.

Re: Northern APC Chieftains Move To Undermine Tinubu - National Daily by Nicepoker(m): 9:05am On Jun 27, 2015
gregg2:

absolutely nothing
Re: Northern APC Chieftains Move To Undermine Tinubu - National Daily by ThimmyWood(m): 9:06am On Jun 27, 2015
same2u:

You are not from south west.

Ondo battle was btw agagu(PDP) and mimiko (labour)
Ekiti battle.. Segun oni (PDP) and fayemi (ACN)
Same in osun and Edo.

Tinubu made his name in south west after the court cases.

You know so well that court case in nigeria is money.

Even if you are right.

Abeg bro, can you stop replying that guy.
He is got nothing about the politics in sw n how Tinubu anchored the opposition party n the agreement btw Mimiko n Tinubu way back in 2007/2008.

Re: Northern APC Chieftains Move To Undermine Tinubu - National Daily by BluMalam(m): 9:07am On Jun 27, 2015
kaorama:

After he has finished helping the north rise to power. Good for him and the South West anyway. Hope they will learn their lesson.

TheNature:
We knows that with out tinubu,his followers and all the propaganda,lies they said against Jonathan the north couldn't done it alone.cheesy karma is in action.

Tinubu is in too much of a hurry, he will reap the ultimate in 2023 when the North backs the SW for the Presidency. OBJ reaped his rewards as well 20 years after handing power to a Hausa/Fulani in 1979.
Re: Northern APC Chieftains Move To Undermine Tinubu - National Daily by vickie315: 9:09am On Jun 27, 2015
chukwudi44:

lol...if I hear
Re: Northern APC Chieftains Move To Undermine Tinubu - National Daily by Arogunmasa(m): 9:09am On Jun 27, 2015
Atiku Abubakar will never become the president of this country. The man is so obsessive about Aso Rock without any patriotic underpin. What is his motive? @ least we understand where PMB was coming from not this guy. I think Saraki is towing that line, men who sees political power as a form of gratification. My view though.
Re: Northern APC Chieftains Move To Undermine Tinubu - National Daily by Nobody: 9:09am On Jun 27, 2015
BluMalam:

So now a VP post is suddenly substantial? No longer a mere commissioners post? You guys are sore losers for trying to make the Yoruba's feel unimportant. The current speaker is Yoruba (don't give me the fulani crap, I'm fulani and we know our own) so what's your point again I ask? When did Yoruba not ever contest? Yoruba's did not contest in 2015 and that's why they have now rendered the SE irrelevant.

In 2023, the North will also support the Yoruba nation to clinch the presidency, we did it for OBJ and we will do it again.
LWKMD Saraki don say him be fulani , una come de force to become Yoruba chai Lol Atiku is already warming up and have virtually taken over the APC party and you are hoping the north would give you power chai una mumu too much.

Let me tell you, the events of June 9 had the blessings of the Daura President, your local champion has served his purpose and is now been dumped

N60bn Sale Proceeds: EFCC Probes Amaechi / Primaries: 300 People Claim They Voted For Me After I Got 2 Votes - Shehu Sani / Ben Bruce Blast Lai Mohammed:Lai Denies Saying Economy Is Out Of PMB Control(pix

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61