Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,810 members, 7,802,602 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 05:10 PM

APC NWC Divided Over Sanction For Saraki, Dogoyaro. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / APC NWC Divided Over Sanction For Saraki, Dogoyaro. (18069 Views)

Candidates Jostle For Babachir Lawal’s Position At APC NWC / Governors Loyal To Tinubu, Atiku Absent At Meeting With APC NWC / Tinubu, Oyegun Row Splits APC NWC Members (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

APC NWC Divided Over Sanction For Saraki, Dogoyaro. by PhockPhockMan: 5:18am On Jun 27, 2015

The All Progressives Congress is undecided on how to handle the Senate President, Senator Bukola Saraki, and Speaker of the House of Representatives, Mr. Yakuubu Dogara, for disregarding its directive on the choice of principal officers of the National Assembly.

Saturday PUNCH learnt on Friday that the party’s National Working Committee was undecided on whether or not Saraki and Dogara should be punished.

It was learnt that while some members believed that the party should handle the issue with care; others insisted that the Senate President and the speaker should be punished.

The division among the NWC members had prevented the committee from taking a definite decision on the alleged anti-party activities by the Senate President and the Speaker.

Saraki and Dogara, had on June 9 defied the directive of the party by contesting the senate presidency and the speakership.

The APC leaders were particularly angry because the Peoples Democratic Party got the senate deputy presidency.

Saraki and his loyalists, among the APC senators, had boycotted a peace meeting the party had with its senators on June 9.

The meeting was attended by the rival group, Senate Unity Forum, led by Senator Ahmed Lawan, who was endorsed by the party as its sole candidate for the Senate President.

Saraki emerged as senate president unopposed when the meeting was going on at the International Conference Centre, Abuja.

The Senate President again on Thursday refused to announce the party’s candidates for the upper chamber’s principal positions.

The APC, had in a letter to Saraki on Wednesday, named Lawan as its choice for the Majority Leader; Prof. Sola Adeyeye as the Chief Whip; George Akume as Deputy Majority Leader; and Abu Ibrahim as Deputy Chief Whip.

The party also wrote Dogara and named a former Minority Leader, Femi Gbajabiamila as the Majority Leader; Ado Doguwa as the Deputy House Leader; M.T. Monguno as the Chief Whip and Pally Iriase as the Deputy Chief Whip.

Saraki read letters from zonal caucuses tof the APC on Thursday.

The North-East caucus of the party nominated Senator Ali Ndume as the Majority Leader; while the North-West put forward, Bala Na’Allah as the Deputy Majority Leader.

The South-South caucus adopted Francis Alimikhena as the Deputy Chief.

In the House of Representatives, the refusal of Dogara to read the party’s letter threw the lower chamber into commotion.

The APC, had in a statement on Thursday by its Secretary Mai Mala Buni, insisted on its position and rejected the principal officers announced by Saraki.

Investigations showed that those who advocated a soft approach were of the view that if the issue was not handled with care, the PDP would cash in on the crisis and woo Saraki, Dogara and other APC senators.

But it was learnt that those calling for a punitive measure insisted that the party would set a bad precedent, if Saraki and his group were not punished.

A top member of the party, who confided in Saturday PUNCH, said, “As of now, we have not reached a consensus on what is going on in the National Assembly.

“Some believe that taking a harsh stand will send the affected lawmakers away, while others are saying that they should not go unpunished.”

Another highly placed member of the party, who confided in Saturday PUNCH out of fear of retribution said, the party was keeping its next line of action close to its chest.

“What I can tell you is that the party will meet within the next few days and make its position on all these issues known,” he said.

When contacted. the APC National Publicity Secretary, Alahaji Lai Mohammed said, “No comment.”

But some state chairmen of the APC on Friday expressed sadness over the crisis in the National Assembly.

http://www.punchng.com/news/apc-nwc-divided-over-sanction-for-saraki-dogara/

1 Like

Re: APC NWC Divided Over Sanction For Saraki, Dogoyaro. by larrymoore(m): 5:21am On Jun 27, 2015
Hope Nigerians won't regret this party sha, I pray.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: APC NWC Divided Over Sanction For Saraki, Dogoyaro. by PhockPhockMan: 5:23am On Jun 27, 2015
larrymoore:
Nigerians are regretting seriously.

48 Likes 7 Shares

Re: APC NWC Divided Over Sanction For Saraki, Dogoyaro. by fitzmayowa: 5:33am On Jun 27, 2015
larrymoore:

Whether nigerians regret it or not, nigerians are stuck with the APC till 2019, so we just have to hope for the best...

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: APC NWC Divided Over Sanction For Saraki, Dogoyaro. by PhockPhockMan: 5:42am On Jun 27, 2015
fitzmayowa:

Whether nigerians regret it or not, nigerians are stuck with the APC till 2019, so we just have to hope for the best...
Are you celebrating the fact that Nigerians has naively boxed themselves to painful tight corner by voting APC?

47 Likes 5 Shares

Re: APC NWC Divided Over Sanction For Saraki, Dogoyaro. by Truckpusher(m): 5:43am On Jun 27, 2015
fitzmayowa:

Keep hoping ,your miracle is on the way. grin grin

The 5 kpali and the free meal for ya kids ain't coming anytime soon. tongue

40 Likes 5 Shares

Re: APC NWC Divided Over Sanction For Saraki, Dogoyaro. by arabbunkum: 5:49am On Jun 27, 2015
A house divided against itself can never stand.

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: APC NWC Divided Over Sanction For Saraki, Dogoyaro. by fitzmayowa: 5:51am On Jun 27, 2015
Truckpusher:

Miracle ke When baba already said he has limited capability because of his age, the hoping na just wishing all this their crisis end and we can move forward...

Nigeria on auto pilot won't favour nigerians that voted APC...

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: APC NWC Divided Over Sanction For Saraki, Dogoyaro. by PhockPhockMan: 5:53am On Jun 27, 2015
Truckpusher:

Don't mind that Mumu, he's happy that he has been scammed by AFRICA PARTY of SCAMMERS , APC.

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: APC NWC Divided Over Sanction For Saraki, Dogoyaro. by youngberry001(m): 5:55am On Jun 27, 2015
PhockPhockMan:

Seun, lalasticlala.
regretting what no be them vote APC I know from there beginning said dis party would worst then PDP own

and as am seen it becoming true.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: APC NWC Divided Over Sanction For Saraki, Dogoyaro. by PhockPhockMan: 6:01am On Jun 27, 2015
youngberry001:
regretting what no be them vote APC I know from there beginning said dis party would worst then PDP own

and as am seen it becoming true.
May GOD save us.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: APC NWC Divided Over Sanction For Saraki, Dogoyaro. by sosanova: 6:02am On Jun 27, 2015
Truckpusher:

grin grin grin also the $1 to 1Naira..he n his family are hoping Buhari to make the exchange rate

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: APC NWC Divided Over Sanction For Saraki, Dogoyaro. by fitzmayowa: 6:06am On Jun 27, 2015
PhockPhockMan:

Are you celebrating the fact that Nigerians has naively boxed themselves to painful tight corner by voting APC?

Did you say celebrating what can nigerians do than to watch in misery hence why they are stuck with them for 4 years, but we can only hope for the best as nigerians....

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: APC NWC Divided Over Sanction For Saraki, Dogoyaro. by youngberry001(m): 6:11am On Jun 27, 2015
PhockPhockMan:
May GOD save us.
enh now u talk bro......

ameen.
Re: APC NWC Divided Over Sanction For Saraki, Dogoyaro. by Maxymilliano(m): 6:16am On Jun 27, 2015
PhockPhockMan:

When contacted, the APC National Publicity Secretary, Alhaji Lai Mohammed said, "No comment"

Seems the compulsive Liar has run out of comments lately ...

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: APC NWC Divided Over Sanction For Saraki, Dogoyaro. by fitzmayowa: 6:17am On Jun 27, 2015
sosanova:

grin grin grin also the $1 to 1Naira..he n his family are hoping Buhari to make the exchange rate

If you are expecting this then you are a dreamer, thats what they call building castle in the air...cheesy

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: APC NWC Divided Over Sanction For Saraki, Dogoyaro. by bewla(m): 6:21am On Jun 27, 2015
Osho people

1 Like

Re: APC NWC Divided Over Sanction For Saraki, Dogoyaro. by Nobody: 6:24am On Jun 27, 2015
fitzmayowa:

And u have forgotten those fools are impeachable. Only God is not.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: APC NWC Divided Over Sanction For Saraki, Dogoyaro. by PhockPhockMan: 6:27am On Jun 27, 2015
sosanova:

grin grin grin also the $1 to 1Naira.. he n his family are hoping Buhari to make the exchange rate

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: APC NWC Divided Over Sanction For Saraki, Dogoyaro. by PhockPhockMan: 6:30am On Jun 27, 2015
Nigeria36:

Not when they're in majority in legislature.
Re: APC NWC Divided Over Sanction For Saraki, Dogoyaro. by fitzmayowa: 6:34am On Jun 27, 2015
Nigeria36:

You impeach one you get another fo0l, they are all one and the same, from the SP to the floor member...

7 Likes

Re: APC NWC Divided Over Sanction For Saraki, Dogoyaro. by Longeria(m): 6:38am On Jun 27, 2015
fitzmayowa:

You impeach one you get another fo0l, they are all one and the same, from the SP to the floor member...
True talk.

1 Like

Re: APC NWC Divided Over Sanction For Saraki, Dogoyaro. by gratiaeo(m): 6:38am On Jun 27, 2015
What is duara dullard a.k.a dogo yaro is doing about this situation?

3 Likes

Re: APC NWC Divided Over Sanction For Saraki, Dogoyaro. by AustineE1: 6:39am On Jun 27, 2015
I guess,what has torn APC apart is their greed,selfishness,nepotism and the worst form of insensitivity.Imagine the leaders of the party being angry that PDP Ekweremadu got the the deputy senate president.Left for Tinubu and his co-travelers in this line of impunity,they had wish that all major positions should be shared between north and south-west,since according to him,only North and south-west voted for Buhari and therefore other Nigerians of south East and south-south should only be seen and not heard.
Imagine south-south even accepting deputy chief whip,in a House of Rep. while a zone that produced they vice president,wanted the speaker of house of Rep and other major positions in the parliament,simply because other zones do not have equal rights in Nigeria of APC government,is this what the mantra of so-called 'Change' is all about.I have also watched with dismay the level at which also they North has been carting away all major positions but i tell you,'the denial of our rights is an invitation to fight for it', APC is sowing the seed that may soon destroy this country,in the lower Niger region,People are bittered and in some other places in this country,there is pronounced bitterness in the way APC is going about doing things with impunity and in the worst form of disregard.
The evil date may be nearer than most people thought. I wish to remind APC that we Nigerian youths are watching and we are observing the way its leaders are fanning the embers of disunity among the various zones and i bet you,the real monster that may consume this deformed entity called Nigeria is fast fattening up and may soon be unleashed either by Buharis actions or in-actions.

27 Likes 4 Shares

Re: APC NWC Divided Over Sanction For Saraki, Dogoyaro. by Nobody: 6:45am On Jun 27, 2015
I just believe the lawmakers elect are mature enough to elect their leaders, they know what is good for them, and if their motive is for common nigerians I don't see reason while they should tussle over position.

2 Likes

Re: APC NWC Divided Over Sanction For Saraki, Dogoyaro. by Longeria(m): 6:46am On Jun 27, 2015
PhockPhockMan:

Seun, lalasticlala.
It's those who foolishly voted that will regret not me, because I knew they have nothing to offer.

8 Likes

Re: APC NWC Divided Over Sanction For Saraki, Dogoyaro. by Nobody: 6:54am On Jun 27, 2015
I keep asking myself, is saraki not also an APC member?

He has a right to be the senate president also.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: APC NWC Divided Over Sanction For Saraki, Dogoyaro. by Odok1: 7:09am On Jun 27, 2015
[quote author=PhockPhockMan post=35195744]

Seun, lalasticlala. No, nigerians re'not regretting of d party, bt d 2 devils in d party "Saraki n Dogara. Rod ill fall on them.
Re: APC NWC Divided Over Sanction For Saraki, Dogoyaro. by Chiefpriest1(m): 7:13am On Jun 27, 2015
All these APC this,APC that sef. Can we just talk about Nigeria, since APC has refused to put its house in order?

Anyway, if they attempt to sanction Saraki, he'll run to his natural habitat which is the PDP and APC will lose its leadership of the house.

Let them manage. At all,at all, na him bad pass

3 Likes

Re: APC NWC Divided Over Sanction For Saraki, Dogoyaro. by Nobody: 7:16am On Jun 27, 2015
PhockPhockMan:

Not when they're in majority in legislature.
Yeah. My bad. It will be impossible to do that, especially with the HOR and again, Buhari is a northern agenda.

4 Likes

Re: APC NWC Divided Over Sanction For Saraki, Dogoyaro. by Jesusloveyou: 7:54am On Jun 27, 2015
PhockPhockMan:

some voted for party, some for change and some for buhari, as for me,i voted for party because i hate to hear d name pdp, i also for voted for change of corrupt govt, above all,i voted for buhari as my mentor

2 Likes

Re: APC NWC Divided Over Sanction For Saraki, Dogoyaro. by PhockPhockMan: 7:55am On Jun 27, 2015
Nigeria36:

Yeah. My bad. It will be impossible to do that, especially with the HOR and again, Buhari is a northern agenda.
That's my point.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Jonathan Also Collected Loan From China, Amaechi Replies PDP Chieftain / Crowd Forming At Eagle Square Over Fuel Subsidy Removal? / Picture Of Buhari In Suit.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.