Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,104 members, 7,807,329 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 12:21 PM

Human Rights Abuse: Ihejirika Replies Amnesty International - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Human Rights Abuse: Ihejirika Replies Amnesty International (1079 Views)

"Photos Of Hired Anti-Amnesty International Protesters Getting Paid" - Richard A / Arms Panel Prepares To Submit Report; Dambazau, Ihejirika, Indicted / Human Rights Abuse: Ihejirika Replies Amnesty Internationa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Human Rights Abuse: Ihejirika Replies Amnesty International by ifedubatorg: 6:26am On Jun 27, 2015
Human Rights Abuse: Ihejirika replies Amnesty International

The former Chief of Army Staff, Lt. Gen. Azubuike Ihejirika (Rtd) has again dismissed the allegation by Amnesty International (AI) that the Nigerian Military were guilty of war crime against civilian populace in the North Eastern part of the country, describing it as baseless.

Gen. Ihejirika made the position known yesterday at the occasion of National Human Rights Writers Association of Nigeria Lecture and the award presentation to him by HURIWA in recognition of his contribution to the war against terrorism in Nigeria.

The theme of the lecture was: Energy and House Hold Poverty in Nigeria and Human Rights and National Security. It held in Abuja.

Ihejirika who was represented by Group Capt. Affiku Steven (Rtd) said the allegation by AI was worrisome considering the huge sacrifices being made by the Nigerian Military and other security personnel to contain the spread of Boko Haram in the country and challenged the world body to come up with substantive evidence by making their source public.

The Amnesty International had in its recent report published on Tuesday, April 7, 2015, accused the Nigerian military of carrying out abuses against civilians, as part of their fight against the Islamic extremist group, Boko Haram.

The international human rights group also accused the military of killing more than 600 released prisoners. The violence against civilians it said constitutes “war crimes”.

He commended the HURIWA for the honour done him and the Nigerian armed forces in recognition of their contributions in the war against terrorism.

For him, the worst human rights violation for the past six years were the abuses committed by the militant sect, which was responsible for the killings, bombings, and other attacks throughout the country, resulting in numerous deaths, injuries and the widespread destruction of property.

- See more at: http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/06/human-rights-abuse-ihejirika-replies-amnesty-international/#sthash.Kf0SkG1K.dpuf

1 Like

Re: Human Rights Abuse: Ihejirika Replies Amnesty International by Rawani: 6:33am On Jun 27, 2015
So basically he said he was worried by the allegations, and wanted to see evidence and sources, but he never denied the allegations.

Well President Buhari's investigation will unearth the truth of the matter so let's await the results.
Re: Human Rights Abuse: Ihejirika Replies Amnesty International by Chibaba247(m): 6:35am On Jun 27, 2015
MY broda just d wake up oo,Bt he is on point.amnesty international should corner their grievances to shekau

1 Like

Re: Human Rights Abuse: Ihejirika Replies Amnesty International by Biafra1000: 6:39am On Jun 27, 2015
mad people

this fools called AI are one of the dullard set of people I've ever read about in my entire life

1 Like

Re: Human Rights Abuse: Ihejirika Replies Amnesty International by mrvitalis(m): 6:45am On Jun 27, 2015
OK baba
Re: Human Rights Abuse: Ihejirika Replies Amnesty International by natas22: 6:54am On Jun 27, 2015
Re: Human Rights Abuse: Ihejirika Replies Amnesty International by Nobody: 6:56am On Jun 27, 2015
Am not saying its right,but African conflicts are always known for war crimes from both sides.
Re: Human Rights Abuse: Ihejirika Replies Amnesty International by Nobody: 7:07am On Jun 27, 2015
Rawani:
So basically he said he was worried by the allegations, and wanted to see evidence and sources, but he never denied the allegations.

Well President Buhari's investigation will unearth the truth of the matter so let's await the results.

Nothing would happen. You may be looking at it from a tribal perspective but Buhari knows better than to provoke the men in khaki. Boko haram has killed several soldiers whether igbos, yorubas,hausasa etc.Buhari would not be stupid enough to move against any of the retired or soon to be retired service chiefs.

The men in khaki are not smiling.

1 Like

Re: Human Rights Abuse: Ihejirika Replies Amnesty International by highmood(m): 7:12am On Jun 27, 2015
"The worst human right abuse was the one caused by the militant sect" I so much hate that organization called Amnesty International. Are they fighting for the right of different militant groups? I suspect they are one organization that sponsors and encourages these deadly sect to keep carrying out their devilish activities.
Re: Human Rights Abuse: Ihejirika Replies Amnesty International by Christoskurion: 7:19am On Jun 27, 2015
A
Re: Human Rights Abuse: Ihejirika Replies Amnesty International by Chiefpriest1(m): 7:59am On Jun 27, 2015
I will not comment until AI releases the second part of its report where it equally chronicles the atrocities committed by boko haram.

I am against the killing of innocent civilians by the army, however, as the military has admitted, it takes a bit of extremist measures to hold these terrorists down

1 Like

Re: Human Rights Abuse: Ihejirika Replies Amnesty International by Wildrage: 8:46am On Jun 27, 2015
Why do we give credence to this imperialist organization with the sole aim of distracting us from decimating the marauders killing and despoiling our land. They should be in Yemen, Libya , Iraq, Syria and all other places where Islamists have turned a large swathe of captured land to killing fields. I am not sure they have enough personnel to detail for the world the atrocities American soldiers committed in Iraq, Afghanistan and Pakistan. Until we see the likes of George Bush standing trial at ICC for war crimes , then I will suggest we ignore the blackmail by AI and similar organizations
Re: Human Rights Abuse: Ihejirika Replies Amnesty International by Iykopee(m): 8:56am On Jun 27, 2015
Ihejirika is untouchable. Daura President and AI are bunch of jesters.

(1) (Reply)

Today In History: Operation Unicord Start Of Nigeria Civil War / Katsina State Lg Councils Dissolution And The Law Behind The Verdict - / Pic Nigeria Police Intimidating A Common Man

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.