Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,026 members, 7,799,510 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 11:01 PM

Important Ways To Simplify How You Read - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Important Ways To Simplify How You Read (21205 Views)

7 Ways To Remember Everything You Read In The Exam Hall / 12 Important Ways To make The Best Out Of Your Undergraduate Days / How Do You Read To Understand? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Important Ways To Simplify How You Read by Nobody: 4:57pm On Jun 27, 2015
ok, nice one. . .
Re: Important Ways To Simplify How You Read by Agimor(m): 4:57pm On Jun 27, 2015
Spot on Op.
Re: Important Ways To Simplify How You Read by anselm791(m): 4:57pm On Jun 27, 2015
For those of you that like summary, it simply says READ!!!
Re: Important Ways To Simplify How You Read by xxxangel(m): 4:57pm On Jun 27, 2015
Largeese:
How is this Romantic?
....i was just wondering too
Re: Important Ways To Simplify How You Read by iwriterng(m): 5:00pm On Jun 27, 2015
Learn to sleep very well! I mean deep quality sleep! It works for me. Sleeping is part of learning. Dont deprive yourself of quality sleep all in the sake of studying.
Re: Important Ways To Simplify How You Read by seedorfg(m): 5:00pm On Jun 27, 2015
i give you an A1 for this
Re: Important Ways To Simplify How You Read by modupeaderonke(f): 5:02pm On Jun 27, 2015
Nice one @ op
Re: Important Ways To Simplify How You Read by RennyX: 5:15pm On Jun 27, 2015
Nyc thread.
Re: Important Ways To Simplify How You Read by Owoplenty(m): 5:39pm On Jun 27, 2015
DONMAYOR19:
The most important thing is to know yourself. For what some people can cover by reader for like five hours or more, other people can cover it in like an hour or even less.

God knows that I don't like reading anymore since I realize that one man without certificate is now the president of our lovely country.
but that man is a good reader though he may not have certificate,he acquired knowlegde through rigorous reading.
Re: Important Ways To Simplify How You Read by Panshow(m): 6:07pm On Jun 27, 2015
Truth is, when you're faced with exams + deadline, none of these counts.
Re: Important Ways To Simplify How You Read by tunzzayobami(m): 6:17pm On Jun 27, 2015
Thanks bro....appreciate
Re: Important Ways To Simplify How You Read by fujirice: 6:21pm On Jun 27, 2015
sonofananimal:
BROS FORGET THAT RUBBISH WERE YOU JUST TALK SOundecided

ALL NIGERIA SCHOOL, IF THE LECTURER WON FAIL YOU DEM GO FAIL YOU.

IF YOU WON GET GO AND QUALITY EDUCATION, JUST TRY STUDY ABROAD, WITH LITTLE OR NO READING YOU MUST SURELY COME OUT WITH GOOD GRADE, UNLESS YOU DON DEDICATE YOUR LIFE TO DRUG
Are you alright?
Re: Important Ways To Simplify How You Read by Nobody: 6:25pm On Jun 27, 2015
fujirice:
Are you alright?

I MAY ASK YOU THIS QUESTION
Re: Important Ways To Simplify How You Read by damiloladuke: 6:26pm On Jun 27, 2015
ok
Re: Important Ways To Simplify How You Read by obatosin(m): 6:39pm On Jun 27, 2015
Many thanks @ op. Let me add to timing by say dt apart from d length of time spent on reading u need to understand what time of d day suit u best 4 reading.......for some its during d day, sm evening sm early in d morning. For me, if I read it btw 4-6am it sticks lk gum bt hence I only read common stuffs during d day.
Re: Important Ways To Simplify How You Read by Taleeysun(f): 6:53pm On Jun 27, 2015
DONMAYOR19:
The most important thing is to know yourself. For what some people can cover by reader for like five hours or more, other people can cover it in like an hour or even less.

God knows that I don't like reading anymore since I realize that one man without certificate is now the president of our lovely country.
lol
Re: Important Ways To Simplify How You Read by Ginaz(f): 7:03pm On Jun 27, 2015
I hate reading like aids, my sister can read for straight 7hours without blinking. I wonder how she does that which I envy.
but I know it won't work for me, its not laziness I swear I've tried.
I read in the kitchen , that's where I feel calm and my learning speed is much faster.

I wanna make first class this semester, I wanna try. just that I dont know how to break my time. I hate reading at night, I hate reading in the morning. I read by 4pm or 5pm, but by then I'll be tired cos I close lectures by 4pm.
Re: Important Ways To Simplify How You Read by Onozboy(m): 7:22pm On Jun 27, 2015
sonofananimal:

IF YOU WON GET GO AND QUALITY EDUCATION, JUST TRY STUDY ABROAD, WITH LITTLE OR NO READING YOU MUST SURELY COME OUT WITH GOOD GRADE, UNLESS YOU DON DEDICATE YOUR LIFE TO DRUG
...watin dis wan dey talk self. undecided
Re: Important Ways To Simplify How You Read by Onozboy(m): 7:24pm On Jun 27, 2015
lonelydora:
You should have told me this long tym ago.

Since Dangote didn't read as much as I read back in school and he's the richest black man, I don't read again.

Working on my album, not like Airforce 1 though.
.everybody has his/her own destiny....
Re: Important Ways To Simplify How You Read by Nobody: 7:24pm On Jun 27, 2015
Onozboy:
...watin dis wan dey talk self. undecided

GO GOOGLE AM
Re: Important Ways To Simplify How You Read by snowhyt(f): 7:46pm On Jun 27, 2015
Someone said something about your CGP being your motivation? well, that could be true but in some cases its not... A lecturer might decide to give you an F even though you might have read your whole life out and wrote your very best during the exam... I believe your only motivation shld be your dreams and aspiration; determination comes in at this point, cause no matter how many times you fall, determination puts you back on track.
Re: Important Ways To Simplify How You Read by ClintonNzedimma(m): 8:26pm On Jun 27, 2015
Use of binaural beats.
Listening to binaural beats help stimulate the brain by entraining the brainwaves.
Although becareful some of this binaural beats can actually get you high.
Re: Important Ways To Simplify How You Read by Nobody: 9:22pm On Jun 27, 2015
Prec1ous:
WAYS TO SIMPLIFY HOW YOU READ
By: PRECIOUS IRIAEVHO

The popular saying goes thus, learning is a continuous process and its completion is at death.
It is worthy to note that we learn with each passing second on earth – knowingly or passively; formally and informally.

The formal aspect is where our discuss will veer towards today because it is the innate urge to learn more that has stretched the curiosity of man to all field and the only solace and joy so far is in the ability to fully grasp and comprehend al the varying concepts.

Man been a higher specie further saw the reason for an organized gathering or a location where learning can be done orderly and with maximum effect, thus the concept of school and higher institutions.

Every person today is in a learning process -at work, school {university, secondary e.t.c} and the circle continues, but the need to ingrain the ideas for practice of the theoretical concept learned and In most case to pass an exam that ushers one to a new level of success and achievement, hence the word READING.

Reading can easily be illustrated as trying to understand an idea, theory for long term use, I suppose you have a definition for it too?

GET YOUR LOCATION

Some people thrive well in classrooms, others the library, some the garden, cafeteria, sidewalk, I even saw a guy reading on the toilet seat, whatever works for you.

You have to discover your location, which is the place where your assimilating powers are heightened, it’s not really about the distractions, and it’s the effort you can put towards full concentration.

Find your location and stick to it.

TIMING MATTERS
While we keep getting news of individuals doing long hours of reading, you might be forced to wonder if there is an upcoming reading marathon coming up. The truth is that is what works for them, but also we have those who cannot even go beyond thirty 30 minutes.

You have to know yourself – if you are a marathon reader or a snack reader, that way you can flow better with time and put efficiency to your reading abilities.

FIELD AND SUBJECT IN VIEW

With a vast array of subjects and fields that have intersection with theoretical writing, mathematical calculations and analysis to even abstract thinking, it is noteworthy that the student has a prior grasp and understanding of the subject matter or it will just be another case of pouring water into a basket.

And another tip here is to rotate, if you are get bored of a mathematical based subject, switch to totally mathematical unrelated subject or what have you.it works all the time.

MOTIVATING FACTOR

It has been shown repeatedly that man tend to achieve more in any endeavor or activity when there is a motivating factor or incentive.
In this case reading is the activity, reward yourself for any reading achievement either by taking a chilled drink or a snack break, it works all the time.

Set reading landmarks and goals and abide all through like a sheep.

BUT wait, wait, what is more motivation than the fear of failing an exam or going blank in the interview and examination hall, you don’t want to experience this so read!

CONTINUE READING

Yes, to simplify how you read and get a full understanding you just have to keep reading, everywhere you go, take a book along

Read before you sleep, even when you wake, just keep reading and in a short time it will get so simple for you.

Or have you never heard that “READERS ARE LEADERS”

Get to comment other ways you have been able to simplify how you read and let others learn, so we can turn the world to one big knowledge pool because every is READING!

THANKS.

http://collegereap.com/ways-to-simplify-how-you-read/

This is so true.
I read in my room..alone
i eat snacks in btween,
i read b4 i sleep.
i read wen i wake up.
& i read over wat i've read
& wen its exam period,i revise all that av read.
My motivation is to make distinction frm yabatech.
& afta my ND1 1st & 2nd semester,i can tell u am sittin on dat distinction alredy.
I jst nid consistency.. (& luck).
Its good 2 read.
Truly,Readers are leader
Re: Important Ways To Simplify How You Read by fandango: 9:29pm On Jun 27, 2015
Ur article is so true,infact it remind me abt ben carson's book title thinking big, he talked abt hw reading turns hm to wat he is today. Pls keep writing article like this.
Re: Important Ways To Simplify How You Read by megachuks(m): 9:42pm On Jun 27, 2015
Prec1ous:
@ OP you re too much o. It was as u knew that i was reading ur post while sitting on a toilet seat. It is good for pple to be encouraged. Thanks because i ve added something to my knowledge

The popular saying goes thus, learning is a continuous process and its completion is at death.
It is worthy to note that we learn with each passing second on earth – knowingly or passively; formally and informally.

The formal aspect is where our discuss will veer towards today because it is the innate urge to learn more that has stretched the curiosity of man to all field and the only solace and joy so far is in the ability to fully grasp and comprehend al the varying concepts.

Man been a higher specie further saw the reason for an organized gathering or a location where learning can be done orderly and with maximum effect, thus the concept of school and higher institutions.

Every person today is in a learning process -at work, school {university, secondary e.t.c} and the circle continues, but the need to ingrain the ideas for practice of the theoretical concept learned and In most case to pass an exam that ushers one to a new level of success and achievement, hence the word READING.

Reading can easily be illustrated as trying to understand an idea, theory for long term use, I suppose you have a definition for it too?

GET YOUR LOCATION

Some people thrive well in classrooms, others the library, some the garden, cafeteria, sidewalk, I even saw a guy reading on the toilet seat, whatever works for you.

You have to discover your location, which is the place where your assimilating powers are heightened, it’s not really about the distractions, and it’s the effort you can put towards full concentration.

TIMING MATTERS
While we keep getting news of individuals doing long hours of reading, you might be forced to wonder if there is an upcoming reading marathon coming up. The truth is that is what works for them, but also we have those who cannot even go beyond thirty 30 minutes.

You have to know yourself – if you are a marathon reader or a snack reader, that way you can flow better with time and put efficiency to your reading abilities.

With a vast array of subjects and fields that have intersection with theoretical writing, mathematical calculations and analysis to even abstract thinking, it is noteworthy that the student has a prior grasp and understanding of the subject matter or it will just be another case of pouring water into a basket.

And another tip here is to rotate, if you are get bored of a mathematical based subject, switch to totally mathematical unrelated subject or what have you.it works all the time.

MOTIVATING FACTOR

It has been shown repeatedly that man tend to achieve more in any endeavor or activity when there is a motivating factor or incentive.
In this case reading is the activity, reward yourself for any reading achievement either by taking a chilled drink or a snack break, it works all the time.

BUT wait, wait, what is more motivation than the fear of failing an exam or going blank in the interview and examination hall, you don’t want to experience this so read!

CONTINUE READING

Yes, to simplify how you read and get a full understanding you just have to keep reading, everywhere you go, take a book along

Read before you sleep, even when you wake, just keep reading and in a short time it will get so simple for you.

Get to comment other ways you have been able to simplify how you read and let others learn, so we can turn the world to one big knowledge pool because every is READING!

THANKS.

Re: Important Ways To Simplify How You Read by toluine56(m): 10:13pm On Jun 27, 2015
sonofananimal:

Yea right
Rily the son of an animal.
Yolo
Re: Important Ways To Simplify How You Read by Nobody: 10:18pm On Jun 27, 2015
toluine56:
Yea right Rily the son of an animal. Yolo
ATLEAST SOME KNOW WHAT I AM TALKING ABOUT,
YEA, THAT'S ME (sonofananimal) wink
Re: Important Ways To Simplify How You Read by Nobody: 10:25pm On Jun 27, 2015
tl.dr.
Re: Important Ways To Simplify How You Read by Texasquare(m): 10:37pm On Jun 27, 2015
jamex93:
cool points

its good u go on break while reading, n i tink dat shouldnt b considered under motivation

but talking of motivational, i tink your cgp is enof to do dat

if your cgp cant motivate you to read, den u should return home n get some thing els to do

What is cpg please
Re: Important Ways To Simplify How You Read by bummyla(m): 10:53pm On Jun 27, 2015
Thanks A Lot

http://bummyla.com

Prec1ous:

GET YOUR LOCATION

TIMING MATTERS

MOTIVATING FACTOR

CONTINUE READING

THANKS.

Re: Important Ways To Simplify How You Read by bramce: 11:21pm On Jun 27, 2015
Reading is part of every day life, so never stop READING
Re: Important Ways To Simplify How You Read by akaahs(m): 11:40pm On Jun 27, 2015
My is i tent to forget what i read to fast. What d proplem wit me. Can u help pls.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Parents, Doctors' Negligence contributed to Sylvester Oromoni's Death - Coroner / 10 Things That Happen During Maths Exam / UNIBEN Vc’s ALLEGED POISONING: ‘lecturers Punished For ‘crimes Against Humanity

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.