Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,898 members, 7,802,898 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 02:26 AM

Saraki Vs Tinubu Comparism: Why Overrate Bukola Saraki? - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Saraki Vs Tinubu Comparism: Why Overrate Bukola Saraki? (39492 Views)

Bukola Saraki And Sahara Reporters Go Face-off On Twitter Over ‘stolen Millions’ / Saraki Vs Buhari's Ministerial Nominations / Saraki Vs CCT: We Can’t Overlook A Lot Of Things -Tinubu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Saraki Vs Tinubu Comparism: Why Overrate Bukola Saraki? by Adekorya: 4:10pm On Jun 27, 2015
nerodenero:
Nice piece, interesting read, devoid of sentiments and bias. I have always agreed with the OP on football issues since he's a Barcelona fan and on this, I agree completely too.

From his submission, betrayal seems to thrive well in Saraki family going by the fast one being played by Gbemi and Bukola on Kwara people.

One thing synonymous with both of them is godfatherism. While Tinubu has spread his tentacles majorly in Southwest, Bukola only controls his Fulani/Yoruba state.

I think Bukola is still a learner compared to Tinubu but I frown at what both of them stand for. We want a nation governed by people that would serve selflessly to reposition our country not individuals that are power-drunk, willing to stuff their houses, banks, private saves with our collective treasure.

For me, none of them is worth celebrating.

For me, Tinubu worth to be celebrate
Because of his Political strategy which is lacuna that must be fill if any political part want to gain ground.
Initially we all know Buhari preferred Fashola as his running mate but Tinubu objected that in other to avert Muslim-Muslim ticket which is the same reason he didn't go for the office of the VP.

Also Majority of his candidates are always turn out to be the best man for the Job, because he's not the type that support incompetent candidate
, and people of Lagos state trust his Judgement. He brought
Out Fashola from nowhere and people
of the state never Objected that throughout Fashola tenure as a Governor of Lagos state.

In every Political structure or setting
Godfatherism cannot and will not be throw away. Though it seems not to be right , but there's nothing we can do about it.
The only thing we can wish for is Godfather that will be selfless when it come to picking and supporting a candidate
Re: Saraki Vs Tinubu Comparism: Why Overrate Bukola Saraki? by duality(m): 4:11pm On Jun 27, 2015
[quote author=dustmalik post=35213299]
You are darn pained, man.[/quote

No I'm not. Just sending a message to @op. We don't need an over exaggerated tinubu for now. It will backfire on Nigerians. Only is supporters wouldn't agree with me. Let him bleed.
Re: Saraki Vs Tinubu Comparism: Why Overrate Bukola Saraki? by calmbabadee(m): 4:13pm On Jun 27, 2015
austinsmat:
pls why long epistle both godfathers in there area both formal governors tinubu a formal Senate but now saraki edge him by becoming senate presdo which tinubu will never smell for rest of his life

my guy! Former not formal
Re: Saraki Vs Tinubu Comparism: Why Overrate Bukola Saraki? by hollandeez(m): 4:14pm On Jun 27, 2015
Jagaban Of Africa Noni..
Re: Saraki Vs Tinubu Comparism: Why Overrate Bukola Saraki? by azlad2010(m): 4:14pm On Jun 27, 2015
barcanista:
[size=13pt]Senator Bukola Saraki[/size]:
Saraki was a "mere" appointee of Obasanjo prior to the 2003 Governorship election. He won the PDP primaries courtesy Oloye Olusola Saraki, his father and political godfather of Kwara state. He was to be elected as Kwara state governor not on his own but solely on his father. His father had installed then Governor Lawal in 1999 and replaced him him Bukola in 2003. In 2010 Saraki declared for President. He along with IBB and Atiku Abubakar were the Northern PDP aspirants that sought to unseat President Jonathan in 2011. In same 2010 a Northern caucus within the PDP called for a consensus Northern candidate among the three northern aspirants. Atiku defeated Saraki and IBB to be the northern candidate for the PdP. Saraki pledged his allegiance to Atiku during the PDP Presidential primaries for 2011 election but Atiku lost WOEFULLY to incumbent Goodluck Jonathan. Saraki couldn't even influence other North Central PDP caucus apart from his Kwara to vote Atiku.

In 2011 Saraki's father wanted Bukola to go to Senate but Gbemi his daughter to become Governor. Saraki however had Abdulfattah Ahmed in mind. The truth is Saraki and his father played a fast one on Kwara people. The ACN candidate Muhammed Balgore was gaining momentum, Saraki's father had to play the Gbemi card by forming ACPN to confuse the electorates and split the ACN's vote. In fact, on June 5, 2011 just 8 days after Gov Ahmed was inaugurated , Olusola Saraki and Bukola Saraki "re-united" after Bukola "begged", the PDP and Pa Saraki ACPN merged as one BIG Family. Pa Olusola Saraki was again affirmed to be the leader of PDP in Kwara. Saraki and his sister Gbemi were to play the same trick in 2015. How? Gbemi remained in PDP after Saraki moved to APC in 2013. She caused lots of troubles and had her faction and then dumped PDP to APC on the eve of 2015 Presidential election after deliberately destroyed the party from within.

Saraki's ascension to Senate Presidency is not due to the political commando of Saraki but because he had to bend to PDP's compromise and also because PDP needed to neutralise APC's proposed structure. It would have infact been the reverse if Saraki was APC candidate and Lawan was the rebel. Also note that the power and influence of the Senate President starts and ends inside the Senate Chamber and the occupant's Senatorial district. In fact, Senators may elect to kick him out if he bites more than he can chew. Also looking at Saraki, with exception of Governor Ahmed I don't think Saraki can boast of any influential loyalist. Even Ahmed is not a force of influence among Governors like we have Rochas of Imo, Wike of Rivers, Amosun of Ogun, Ajimobi of Oyo, Fayose of Ekiti, Oshiomole of Edo, Shetimma of Borno, Obiano of Anambra etc.

Comparing Bola Ahmed Tinubu political influence with that of Bukola Saraki is like comparing an Eagle with a tse-tse fly simply because both have wings. Saraki's sycophant should not make him believe that he rose to SP seat on his own.

CAVEAT: This article is purely on the political influence of both men. It is not an endorsement of either party nor a statement of sainthood.

1000% correct

1 Like

Re: Saraki Vs Tinubu Comparism: Why Overrate Bukola Saraki? by RolePlay(m): 4:14pm On Jun 27, 2015
Barcanista my role model. ... lol
Re: Saraki Vs Tinubu Comparism: Why Overrate Bukola Saraki? by omodayomi(f): 4:16pm On Jun 27, 2015
G cool[color=#000099][/color]ood
Re: Saraki Vs Tinubu Comparism: Why Overrate Bukola Saraki? by Adekorya: 4:16pm On Jun 27, 2015
ECOTERRORS:
I don't care about Saraki or Tinubu because those two are part of the problem of Nigeria BUT the enemy of my enemy is my friend.

Tinubu is not the part of Nigeria problem and will never be.
Re: Saraki Vs Tinubu Comparism: Why Overrate Bukola Saraki? by Mooaloji(m): 4:17pm On Jun 27, 2015
For the first time since you left the progressive party you think with your brain.

2 Likes

Re: Saraki Vs Tinubu Comparism: Why Overrate Bukola Saraki? by dayo23(f): 4:17pm On Jun 27, 2015
barcanista:
you are right on point. In terms of godfatherism, Tinubu is light years ahead of Saraki. The Saraki I know is good at backstabbing and being cunny just like his father. Tinubu on the other-hand cannot be said to be backstabbing BUT he always make would-be beneficiaries of his political mastery to enter into a compromise that will see him attain more power, influence and money.

While Tinubu can be "accommodated", someone like Saraki should be watched carefully
Solid write up
Re: Saraki Vs Tinubu Comparism: Why Overrate Bukola Saraki? by formerlyMbulela: 4:17pm On Jun 27, 2015
All Nigerian politicians are disloyal by nature but the Sarakis' have made betrayal an art form. It must be something genetic. That a family so polished and enlightened can be so debased in thr quest for power.
At least men like Tinubu pretend to have ideologies but the Sarakis are just power mongers for the sake of it. After ruling Kiara for over 3 decades is Ilorin any better for it?
Even among thieves there is honour. However, the Sarakis are disloyal "thieves ".

The only point on which I fault Tinubu is that he ought not to have shown his hand so clearly in this Senate battle. None of the senators is worth the risk of humiliation. All 109 of them are gluttons who are all in it for personal enrichment. All without exception.

As a people we will make no progress until we see real change in the sort of legislators we have both at federal and state levels and reform our civil services.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Saraki Vs Tinubu Comparism: Why Overrate Bukola Saraki? by Nobody: 4:20pm On Jun 27, 2015
ajebuter:

Hey Barca, as usual, your analysis is apt and insightful

There's no doubt both players have come a long way and have good political pedigree

But, I believe one is a lesser devil and I will pitch my tent with a saraki than a tinubu anyday.

Anyway, time will tell whose d..k is bigger since it is apparent there is a d..k measuring contest going on.

I'm of the opinion that nigerians get wiser at the end of every tenure and time will tell who takes over in 2019.

We siddon dey watch
thanks Dear! I am of the opinion that Tinubu is more or less a lesser evil than Saraki. And honestly, I want Saraki to get served

1 Like

Re: Saraki Vs Tinubu Comparism: Why Overrate Bukola Saraki? by Adekorya: 4:22pm On Jun 27, 2015
Zeezy99:
my point is if we ever get to a day that only saraki and tinubu are presidential candidates, ss/se senators chose saraki over tinubu, trust me majority of the masses there will do the same, its that simple. U once got this thing wrong when you declared GEJ Will win SW, dude upsets rearly happen in politics. Yes tinubu was once great, but saraki is taking over

And you are happy about it the bolded statement
Re: Saraki Vs Tinubu Comparism: Why Overrate Bukola Saraki? by Adekorya: 4:26pm On Jun 27, 2015
Zeezy99:
i guess you weren't around when it was reported that the reason tinubu couldn't contest as vp is cos he is a muslim as buhari is. Learn to read btw the lines dude.

That's quality one of the quality of a Good leader
He put the party success ahead his ambition.

Can't u just for once put ur sentiment apart and accord this man (Tinubu) with all the respect he deserve?

1 Like

Re: Saraki Vs Tinubu Comparism: Why Overrate Bukola Saraki? by ApcSucks: 4:29pm On Jun 27, 2015
SUBWAY101:

Are you kidding? You mean Saraki has more say than a man that nominated the VP, chairman of his party, have like 4 state governor loyalist, have core loyalist in house of reps and senate and he is part leader of the ruling party. Pathetic.

Pendy how far?
Re: Saraki Vs Tinubu Comparism: Why Overrate Bukola Saraki? by ibisko04: 4:30pm On Jun 27, 2015
Zeezy99:
Barcanista i disagree completely. First of all, these guys are both politicians not some skilled footballer that solely depends on their flair, these guys depend on the ppl and are at the mercy of popular opinion, ones the ppl stop liking you no matter how smart and influential you once were you're done. Secondly, Saraki and Tinubu these guys both want to be president one day so the senate presidency and Tinubus fancy political résumé is just a means to an end, my point is from were we stand today saraki seems to be winning the war. Judging from recent events it will be safe to assume that the south east and south south will favour a saraki presidency over a tinubu one. Saraki also has a considerable amount of influence in the north that i believe he will stand a good chance even against tinubu, in the southwest tinubu has enough enemies that will undermine him and give saraki a whole lot respectable result even from that zone. In all tinubu was great once, but now he has passed his heydays and saraki is the new rising sun
Saraki is not wining as you want to believe. As for your insinuations that Tinubu is eyeing the presidential seat, I disagree with you totally.
I know that Tinubu is more comfortable as the kingmaker than becoming the king.
What is playing out on the political field now is just what I call the struggle of political forces to remain in the main circuit.

2 Likes

Re: Saraki Vs Tinubu Comparism: Why Overrate Bukola Saraki? by Adekorya: 4:31pm On Jun 27, 2015
barcanista:
If you put Saraki and Tinubu, I tell you Saraki will be flogged in the SE and SS beyond mercy. You seem not to understand that in the area of bigotry, Saraki hated GEJ since 2007 simply because GEJ isn't a Northerner. In the area of betrayal/treachery what Saraki did to GEJ in less than 6years is worse than what any other politician has suffered since 1999. In terms of performance Bukola Saraki is a failure at best. Did Saraki "give" Ekweremadu DSP position? No! He had no choice but to bend to PDP demand for DSP otherwise he would have lost the contest in a woeful manner. PDP gave Ekweremadu.

Do you think Saraki is even loved in the SS/SE regions? I supported Saraki for SP simply because I needed to alter APC calculation and not because I love Saraki. Saraki had even wanted fellow Northerner Ali Ndume to be his DSP but for PDP insistence on Sen Ike Ekweremadu. In 2019, PDP will field a sensible candidate and not Saraki nor his kind.

Thank God the intellects and reasonable one from SS/SE are coming out to say something.
Re: Saraki Vs Tinubu Comparism: Why Overrate Bukola Saraki? by hollandeez(m): 4:36pm On Jun 27, 2015
temitemi1:
My prof, I got no comment!
Sai Jagaban of Africa
Re: Saraki Vs Tinubu Comparism: Why Overrate Bukola Saraki? by Adekorya: 4:36pm On Jun 27, 2015
HzRF:

Media my foot

If not becuz GEJ is nt a politician in spirit

Let him test run his media prowess against real politicians Lyk Saraki, Obj etc

D same media was used to wake d Tambuwal syndrome + paint him as a godfather and would impede activities of NASS

Where was his media prowess to foil this

Aregbesola here in osun even tho Imo owns more is being rubbish ruthlessly on the media and a damage has been done to his career
Why can't tinubu Media help aregbe.after returning from abroad after his Parkinson disease hit him he said "aregbe is someone that monitor his house wen he's away" days after aregbe got reelected

Are You Kidding me?
Even Obasanjo failed in wrestling the media control power from Tinubu.

2 Likes

Re: Saraki Vs Tinubu Comparism: Why Overrate Bukola Saraki? by HzRF(m): 4:38pm On Jun 27, 2015
Adekorya:

Are You Kidding me?
Even Obasanjo failed in wrestling the media control power from Tinubu.
Nd tinubu beat him?
Re: Saraki Vs Tinubu Comparism: Why Overrate Bukola Saraki? by iboboyswag(m): 4:40pm On Jun 27, 2015
Only serious and focused posts like these gets the honour of my comment.
Mr. you have just personified the truth.
Thank you!

...Change has come!!!
Re: Saraki Vs Tinubu Comparism: Why Overrate Bukola Saraki? by Orikinla(m): 4:42pm On Jun 27, 2015
barcanista:
I read an article on Nairaland that drew comparism between Senate President Bukola Saraki and Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu. Being a pro-pdp commentator and a campaigner for Saraki's Senate Presidency, some may expect me to naturally be on the side of the Saraki. But this will not be so because I can't live in self deception.

Yes, Bola Tinubu was a Senator, two term Governor of Lagos state and political godfather of the state. Saraki on the other hand is the incumbent SP, a two term Governor of Kwara state and the political godfather of the state. However, there are more to this.

[size=13pt]Senator Bola Tinubu[/size]
For those that aren't aware, Bola Tinubu rise to power as Lagos state governor in 1999 was associated with his 1993 democratic struggle against IBB first and later Sani Abacha. The AD 1999 contest was direct struggle between the favored late engineer Funso Williams and the political activist Bola Tinubu. Tinubu as at then had little political structure but somehow beat the late engineer to the AD ticket. In 2003 he somehow outsmarted some Afenifere leaders of the Alliance for Democracy (AD) and got re-elected, all other five AD incumbent governors bowed to the power of PDP. He consolidated his hold on power by dismantling the existing Afenifere structure in the party by forming the Action Congress in 2006 with the absorption of two mushroom parties-Justice party(JP) and Advance Congress of Democrats (ACD). His leaving AD crumbled the party forever.

In 2006 Bola Tinubu led AC gave embattled Vice President Atiku Abubakar a political lifeline after the Turaki Alhaji was whipped to size by then President Olusegun Obasanjo. Atiku had to defect to AC along with his loyalist Governor of Adamawa state Mr Boni Haruna. Also to defect were Chief Audu Ogbeh former National Chairman of PDP from Benue state. During the 2007 election run-up, Tinubu media tried to polish Atiku's image to counter the negative image from the FG as Atiku was the AC Presidential candidate for 2007. Though Atiku won Lagos state in a landslide thanks to Tinubu structure, he lost Adamawa state (his home state) to Muhammadu Buhari. Atiku's AC candidate for the Adamawa guber election also lost woefully to PDP's Admiral Nyako.

In the run-up to 2007 general election, there was a major shakes in the Lagos state chapter of AC. Tinubu had "imposed" his unknown Chief of Staff Raji Fashola as his party's governorship candidate over heavyweights like Senator Tokunbo Afikuyomi, Mr Jimi Agbaje, Hon Ganiyu Solomon, Dep Gov Femi Pedro etc. Jimi left to fly the flag of DPA, Pedro was given the flag of LP, Afikuyomi was given the ANPP flag(he later returned to AC on election eve) while Solomon was compensated with a Senatoral ticket of AC. Tinubu's AC still managed to win the Guber and all Senate seats. The unknown Raji Fashola became Governor courtesy Tinubu. Not just that, Bola Tinubu deployed his loyalists Rauf Aregbesola to Osun state to unseat incumbent Olagunsoye Oyinlola of PDP. Fayemi was also deployed to Ekiti state where he defeated Segun Oni (credit to Ayo Fayose support). It was Tinubu legal machinery led by Yemi Osinbajo that fought to help LP's Rahman Mimiko to unseat PDP's Segun Agagu. Adams Oshiomole had to seek refuge in AC in 2007 when he saw that the LP can't help him dislodge PDP from Edo Government house.

The 2010 Atiku's exit of AC gave Tinibu a major setback. Nevertheless, his AC/ACN managed to sweep all SW states but Ondo state and also got a Senatorial seat from PDP's stronghold-Benue state in the 2011 election. As at today, Bola Tinubu controls the APC structure in the entire South except Rivers and Imo states.

In his political sojourn, Bola Tinubu has churned out prominent names like Sen Musliu Obanikoro (a former ally and Commissioner under Tinubu), Raji Fashola (a former governor that rode to power via Tinubu's benevolence), Rauf Aregbesola (Incumbent Governor of Osun state), Kayode Fayemi (defeated exGovernor of Ekiti state), and even VP Yemi Osinbajo is in power thanks to Tinubu.

1000 Likes.
Very good lesson for those suffering from political amnesia of the political history of Nigeria in the 21st century.

Ko le ye won bi gbajumo n se jade! .

1 Like

Re: Saraki Vs Tinubu Comparism: Why Overrate Bukola Saraki? by shidof(m): 4:42pm On Jun 27, 2015
HzRF:

I hope tinubu is nt fooling himself with these paper fact
D Deputy speaker constituency is just 30 minutes drive away from my own
This tym last yr Lasun will sell all he has to have a tete-a-tete with tinubu
D same lasun didn't get to the house only on financial support of aregbe even rode on his acceptance among the illiterates dat constitute the major voting blocs
D same Lasun has dared apc elder council in osun , aregbe himself and Asiwaju telling them they should do whatever they want he won't resign am sure he's daring tinubu without any thing urging him

Did you hear apc Ondo divide on Alasoadura support for Saraki against the party wish, his party LG Chairman appauld him Nd some other LG Chairman saying he consulted wide b4 taking the decision while other reprimand him

Even ogun state Governor Nominee for buahri transition committee beat tinubu Nominees to the better position in the committee

Tinubu better re access his so called structure b4 it dawn on him
Federal isn't something to go against
Not everybody can be lucky as Amaechi
Nd most of these gov need Federal presence to re right d wrongs on ground
i doubt if u'll eva get sense and reasoning logically lyk a human being. ua always off-point.
Re: Saraki Vs Tinubu Comparism: Why Overrate Bukola Saraki? by Adekorya: 4:43pm On Jun 27, 2015
barcanista:
I read an article on Nairaland that drew comparism between Senate President Bukola Saraki and Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu. Being a pro-pdp commentator and a campaigner for Saraki's Senate Presidency, some may expect me to naturally be on the side of the Saraki. But this will not be so because I can't live in self deception.

Yes, Bola Tinubu was a Senator, two term Governor of Lagos state and political godfather of the state. Saraki on the other hand is the incumbent SP, a two term Governor of Kwara state and the political godfather of the state. However, there are more to this.

[size=13pt]Senator Bola Tinubu[/size]
For those that aren't aware, Bola Tinubu rise to power as Lagos state governor in 1999 was associated with his 1993 democratic struggle against IBB first and later Sani Abacha. The AD 1999 contest was direct struggle between the favored late engineer Funso Williams and the political activist Bola Tinubu. Tinubu as at then had little political structure but somehow beat the late engineer to the AD ticket. In 2003 he somehow outsmarted some Afenifere leaders of the Alliance for Democracy (AD) and got re-elected, all other five AD incumbent governors bowed to the power of PDP. He consolidated his hold on power by dismantling the existing Afenifere structure in the party by forming the Action Congress in 2006 with the absorption of two mushroom parties-Justice party(JP) and Advance Congress of Democrats (ACD). His leaving AD crumbled the party forever.

In 2006 Bola Tinubu led AC gave embattled Vice President Atiku Abubakar a political lifeline after the Turaki Alhaji was whipped to size by then President Olusegun Obasanjo. Atiku had to defect to AC along with his loyalist Governor of Adamawa state Mr Boni Haruna. Also to defect were Chief Audu Ogbeh former National Chairman of PDP from Benue state. During the 2007 election run-up, Tinubu media tried to polish Atiku's image to counter the negative image from the FG as Atiku was the AC Presidential candidate for 2007. Though Atiku won Lagos state in a landslide thanks to Tinubu structure, he lost Adamawa state (his home state) to Muhammadu Buhari. Atiku's AC candidate for the Adamawa guber election also lost woefully to PDP's Admiral Nyako.

In the run-up to 2007 general election, there was a major shakes in the Lagos state chapter of AC. Tinubu had "imposed" his unknown Chief of Staff Raji Fashola as his party's governorship candidate over heavyweights like Senator Tokunbo Afikuyomi, Mr Jimi Agbaje, Hon Ganiyu Solomon, Dep Gov Femi Pedro etc. Jimi left to fly the flag of DPA, Pedro was given the flag of LP, Afikuyomi was given the ANPP flag(he later returned to AC on election eve) while Solomon was compensated with a Senatoral ticket of AC. Tinubu's AC still managed to win the Guber and all Senate seats. The unknown Raji Fashola became Governor courtesy Tinubu. Not just that, Bola Tinubu deployed his loyalists Rauf Aregbesola to Osun state to unseat incumbent Olagunsoye Oyinlola of PDP. Fayemi was also deployed to Ekiti state where he defeated Segun Oni (credit to Ayo Fayose support). It was Tinubu legal machinery led by Yemi Osinbajo that fought to help LP's Rahman Mimiko to unseat PDP's Segun Agagu. Adams Oshiomole had to seek refuge in AC in 2007 when he saw that the LP can't help him dislodge PDP from Edo Government house.

The 2010 Atiku's exit of AC gave Tinibu a major setback. Nevertheless, his AC/ACN managed to sweep all SW states but Ondo state and also got a Senatorial seat from PDP's stronghold-Benue state in the 2011 election. As at today, Bola Tinubu controls the APC structure in the entire South except Rivers and Imo states.

In his political sojourn, Bola Tinubu has churned out prominent names like Sen Musliu Obanikoro (a former ally and Commissioner under Tinubu), Raji Fashola (a former governor that rode to power via Tinubu's benevolence), Rauf Aregbesola (Incumbent Governor of Osun state), Kayode Fayemi (defeated exGovernor of Ekiti state), and even VP Yemi Osinbajo is in power thanks to Tinubu.

If u open Political academy I will be the first to enrol.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Saraki Vs Tinubu Comparism: Why Overrate Bukola Saraki? by Emnyte(m): 4:45pm On Jun 27, 2015
lurther:
You guys give that guy lots of attention. I wonder who that guy is in real life.

God forbid I have a friend like him in real life.
Guy you boil with jealousy.
Re: Saraki Vs Tinubu Comparism: Why Overrate Bukola Saraki? by NgeneUkwenu(f): 4:46pm On Jun 27, 2015
duality:
Most threads by barcanista is usually filled with insults and personal attacks. those who support tinubu never see anything objective about it.
Now he writes this and he is seen to be objective with to insults... I I don't get it. Is it because he is praising tinubu? Tinubu does not deserve this kind of praise at this point. It has nothing to do with objectivity or balance. Every politician have his or her cross and they should carry it.
This writeup by barcanista is absolutely unnecessary if he, in no way supports Tinubu.(he has a right to support anyone). This piece gives credence to the speculation that the war in APC today is all about tinubu's power and influence being challenged. If not, why will a smart barcanista go to give tinubu's battered political face a media first aid at this point. Is it to appease those who do not spare words when attacking him? How many people supporting tinubu is objective.not even his political first son fashola. Is it nairaland trolls that will be objective.
Saraki for now is the Senate president. Tinubu and his supporters should live with it. Saraki is now part of the leadership of APC. Tinubu have no direct business with the Senate. If he wants anything he should go through saraki who now double as both party and legislative head. This thread is an unsolicited first aid to tinubu's bloodied nose. It's absolutely unnecessary.

How is he the head of his party please? At least we learn everyday...

2 Likes

Re: Saraki Vs Tinubu Comparism: Why Overrate Bukola Saraki? by Emnyte(m): 4:48pm On Jun 27, 2015
lurther:
You guys give that guy lots of attention. I wonder who that guy is in real life.

God forbid I have a friend like him in real life.
Why cant you write yours, are your hands locked.
Re: Saraki Vs Tinubu Comparism: Why Overrate Bukola Saraki? by kinibigdeal(m): 4:48pm On Jun 27, 2015
Whenever I see this Barcanista make a write up, I laugh as I take my cup of tea to highlights some of is dogmatic analysis. The greatest irony I have ever read in life is for someone to say Musiliu obanikoro is a product of Tinubu and that Tinubu defeated Funsho williams to get the then AD governorship ticket (what a truthful nonsense!). Anyway, I don't have such energy and time for a counter thread or a backup gladdened article. Obanikoro was never a product of Tinubu, infact Tinubu and Obanikoro was a colleague in the 1993 struggle with history and findings revealing that both initiated the establishment of ACN. That Tinubu defeated Funsho williams is nothing but an Alibaba folktale. Both contested the party primaries(AD), Funsho william defeated Tinubu by a wide margin BUT a consensus was later reached through Tinubu's adopted mother (Late Abibatu Mogaji) to allow him run for the party due to his past antecedents. That agreement was the fall of AD. Funsho williams left and some of his loyalist comprising of the said Musiliu obanikoro. I don't think I have much time to start typing implacable history. Back to the points on Saraki and Tinubu, you seem to claim Neutrality in your analysis but I can tell you that you are rather one-sided with inflammatory conclusions. Take a look at this and tell me if you haven't created a rather partial inference

On saraki

1. Saraki was a MERE appointees
2. He was to be elected as kwara state governor not on his own but solely on his father
3. Saraki ascension to senate presidency is not due to is political commando but PDP compromise
4. Saraki influence and power starts and ends inside the senate chamber(you seems not to understand the constitution bro)
5. I DON'T thin saraki can boost of influential loyalist
6. Saraki is a PSYCHOPANT

Tinubu(praise)

1. Tinubu RISE to power (You mean with only is own influence)
2. Was associated with 1993 struggle
3. He OUTSMART afenifere(you call betrayer outsmart, then saraki outsmart APC)
4.His leaving crumbles the party forever(how about funsho williams)
5. Gave atiku POLITICAL LIFELINE(you mean a mere governor gave an Ex. Vice president and a man active under buhari's military regime a political lifeline)
6. Tinubu won Lagos state in a landslide thanks to is political structure
7. Adam oshiomole seek REFUGE in ACN because LP won't help him dislodge PDP(So he just won because he was never popular and influential, he actually won not because of tinubu but is influence as at that time. Individual wins vote not part)

Now judge yourself

1 Like

Re: Saraki Vs Tinubu Comparism: Why Overrate Bukola Saraki? by Orikinla(m): 4:49pm On Jun 27, 2015
barcanista:
[size=13pt]Senator Bukola Saraki[/size]:
Saraki was a "mere" appointee of Obasanjo prior to the 2003 Governorship election. He won the PDP primaries courtesy Oloye Olusola Saraki, his father and political godfather of Kwara state. He was to be elected as Kwara state governor not on his own but solely on his father. His father had installed then Governor Lawal in 1999 and replaced him him Bukola in 2003. In 2010 Saraki declared for President. He along with IBB and Atiku Abubakar were the Northern PDP aspirants that sought to unseat President Jonathan in 2011. In same 2010 a Northern caucus within the PDP called for a consensus Northern candidate among the three northern aspirants. Atiku defeated Saraki and IBB to be the northern candidate for the PdP. Saraki pledged his allegiance to Atiku during the PDP Presidential primaries for 2011 election but Atiku lost WOEFULLY to incumbent Goodluck Jonathan. Saraki couldn't even influence other North Central PDP caucus apart from his Kwara to vote Atiku.

In 2011 Saraki's father wanted Bukola to go to Senate but Gbemi his daughter to become Governor. Saraki however had Abdulfattah Ahmed in mind. The truth is Saraki and his father played a fast one on Kwara people. The ACN candidate Muhammed Balgore was gaining momentum, Saraki's father had to play the Gbemi card by forming ACPN to confuse the electorates and split the ACN's vote. In fact, on June 5, 2011 just 8 days after Gov Ahmed was inaugurated , Olusola Saraki and Bukola Saraki "re-united" after Bukola "begged", the PDP and Pa Saraki ACPN merged as one BIG Family. Pa Olusola Saraki was again affirmed to be the leader of PDP in Kwara. Saraki and his sister Gbemi were to play the same trick in 2015. How? Gbemi remained in PDP after Saraki moved to APC in 2013. She caused lots of troubles and had her faction and then dumped PDP to APC on the eve of 2015 Presidential election after deliberately destroyed the party from within.

Saraki's ascension to Senate Presidency is not due to the political commando of Saraki but because he had to bend to PDP's compromise and also because PDP needed to neutralise APC's proposed structure. It would have infact been the reverse if Saraki was APC candidate and Lawan was the rebel. Also note that the power and influence of the Senate President starts and ends inside the Senate Chamber and the occupant's Senatorial district. In fact, Senators may elect to kick him out if he bites more than he can chew. Also looking at Saraki, with exception of Governor Ahmed I don't think Saraki can boast of any influential loyalist. Even Ahmed is not a force of influence among Governors like we have Rochas of Imo, Wike of Rivers, Amosun of Ogun, Ajimobi of Oyo, Fayose of Ekiti, Oshiomole of Edo, Shetimma of Borno, Obiano of Anambra etc.

Comparing Bola Ahmed Tinubu political influence with that of Bukola Saraki is like comparing an Eagle with a tse-tse fly simply because both have wings. Saraki's sycophant should not make him believe that he rose to SP seat on his own.

CAVEAT: This article is purely on the political influence of both men. It is not an endorsement of either party nor a statement of sainthood.

1000 Likes.
You are a genius.
barcanista PM me your address anywhere in the world to send you a special hardcover version of my new book "The Victory of Buhari and the Nigerian Dream".

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Saraki Vs Tinubu Comparism: Why Overrate Bukola Saraki? by lolababe331e: 4:51pm On Jun 27, 2015
NgeneUkwenu:

How is he the head of his party please? At least we learn everyday...

He is party head yet he couldn't get enough support in his part and had to relay on help from PDP? Lol in Chinese . To emerge senete leader he had only 8votes from his own party, is that a party head grin

3 Likes

Re: Saraki Vs Tinubu Comparism: Why Overrate Bukola Saraki? by Viktor1983(m): 4:53pm On Jun 27, 2015
duality:
Most threads by barcanista is usually filled with insults and personal attacks. those who support tinubu never see anything objective about it.
Now he writes this and he is seen to be objective with to insults... I I don't get it. Is it because he is praising tinubu? Tinubu does not deserve this kind of praise at this point. It has nothing to do with objectivity or balance. Every politician have his or her cross and they should carry it.
This writeup by barcanista is absolutely unnecessary if he, in no way supports Tinubu.(he has a right to support anyone). This piece gives credence to the speculation that the war in APC today is all about tinubu's power and influence being challenged. If not, why will a smart barcanista go to give tinubu's battered political face a media first aid at this point. Is it to appease those who do not spare words when attacking him? How many people supporting tinubu is objective.not even his political first son fashola. Is it nairaland trolls that will be objective.
Saraki for now is the Senate president. Tinubu and his supporters should live with it. Saraki is now part of the leadership of APC. Tinubu have no direct business with the Senate. If he wants anything he should go through saraki who now double as both party and legislative head. This thread is an unsolicited first aid to tinubu's bloodied nose. It's absolutely unnecessary.

God bless you fam. Youvspoke the truth in its purest form.

1 Like

Re: Saraki Vs Tinubu Comparism: Why Overrate Bukola Saraki? by Nobody: 4:55pm On Jun 27, 2015
barcanista:
Bros, Tinubu still controls his party structure in the entire south (save rivers and imo states). Saraki "mouth" is within the Senate Chamber and Kwara state. Outside these places he's "mouthless". Even in the Senate Chamber, we(PDP) are the real people in control. We can decide to get Saraki kicked out anytime (Same with Dogara).
although I see tinubu as a fine politician who goes after his interest but if truth is to be told saraki will win tinubu with a landslide in ss/se

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Abdulsalami: EFCC Went To My Guest House In Error / Fuel Scarcity Looms As Marketers ‘doublecross’ FG After Price Hike / National Power Grid Collapses, As 4 States Are Now In Total Darkness

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 115
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.