Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,428 members, 7,808,529 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:04 PM

Militants Won’t Return To Creeks Over Cancelled Contracts –Boyloaf - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Militants Won’t Return To Creeks Over Cancelled Contracts –Boyloaf (1093 Views)

"I Won’t Return Until Doctors Are Satisfied" — Buhari / Jonathan, Okowa Take Message Of Peace To Creeks Of The Niger Delta / I Won’t Return N100 Million, Says Chief Falae (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Militants Won’t Return To Creeks Over Cancelled Contracts –Boyloaf by theV0ice: 2:32am On Jun 28, 2015
Former militant leader, Ebikabowei Victor-Ben, popularly known as ‘General’ Boyloaf, has said no youth in the Niger Delta would go into the creeks should the Federal Government revoke pipeline surveillance contracts awarded to ex-agitators in the region.

Boyloaf, who is one of the beneficiaries of the government’s pipeline protection contract, told SUNDAY PUNCH in a telephone interview that since the Federal Government had declared amnesty, it would be a wrong decision for any person to go into the creeks with the intent of blowing up pipelines and other oil installations.

He assured the Federl Government that no Niger Delta youth would get violent as long as the government did not hurt them. He maintained that the people of the oil-rich region were not known for blowing up pipelines.

Boyloaf said, “The youths are not ready to go to the creeks because there is amnesty. No Niger Delta youth will blow up any pipeline as long as the government did not hurt them. Blowing up pipelines is not their stock in trade. So, by the grace of God, everything will be okay. Nobody is praying for violence.”

Dismissing reports that the Federal Government had revoked the pipeline surveillance contract awarded to ex-militant leaders, Boyloaf described the report as the handiwork of some politicians who were trying to instigate violence in the country.

The former militant leader explained that though the three-month contract given to them to protect the nation’s oil pipelines had expired, the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation had not been given the directive to renew the contract.

Boyloaf said, “The Federal Government did not come out openly to say that it has revoked the contract. Truth is, the contract has elapsed because it was for three months. Since it expired, the NNPC workers have not received the instruction to renew the contract.

“There are many reports the President is studying; he has not even appointed aides that are supposed to work with him in this area. He (Buhari) is not supposed to jump into things without studying them. I think we will give him time to study the reports before him.”
ADVERTISEMENT

He, however, urged President Buhari to renew the contract in order not to render them jobless saying the contract was empowering some Nigerians.

“If the President does not renew our contract, there is nothing we can do. The only advice we will give him is to tell him the importance of the contract and the peace Nigerians are enjoying. It is not good to send many people back to the labour market and make them redundant,” Boyloaf added

http://www.punchng.com/news/militants-wont-return-to-creeks-over-cancelled-contracts-boyloaf/
Re: Militants Won’t Return To Creeks Over Cancelled Contracts –Boyloaf by Nobody: 2:34am On Jun 28, 2015
Impossible
Re: Militants Won’t Return To Creeks Over Cancelled Contracts –Boyloaf by theV0ice: 2:39am On Jun 28, 2015
I think common sense is pervading the atmosphere now.....

Violence doesn't solve problems seems to be the new thought enveloping all and sundry now. Moreover, these Militant warlords of yester-years have so eaten fat that they WILL NEVER wish to go back to the days of roaming in mosquito infested creeks living in mortal fear of experiencing what ferocious militants like John Togo suffered.

Development can only take place in an atmosphere of peace. The North east decimated by Boko Haram is proof of this.

Wish them all the best

6 Likes

Re: Militants Won’t Return To Creeks Over Cancelled Contracts –Boyloaf by fulanimafia: 3:08am On Jun 28, 2015
Okay it is now clear that the Deltans want to eliminate any doubt about their support for this government and their rejection of Biafra. Even barcanista has started to make some sense since he wiped clean his lens of objectivity that were stained by GEJ's loss.

Yesterday it was the Ijaw IYC President that called for all hands to be on deck to support PMB, today it's Boyloaf, a few weeks ago it was Ateke.

Despite the fact that they have now proven to be mere noisemakers considering their past utterances, these militants must be commended for towing the path of peace for our national development, especially in the ND, as PMB promised in his inaugural speech.

I hope and pray PMB disappoints his detractors and engages in massive development of the Niger Delta, despite the decades of failure to do so by its own leaders. Sai Buhari!

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Militants Won’t Return To Creeks Over Cancelled Contracts –Boyloaf by Welrez(m): 3:27am On Jun 28, 2015
There are peaceful ways of achieving what can be achieved with violence.

1 Like

Re: Militants Won’t Return To Creeks Over Cancelled Contracts –Boyloaf by Nobody: 3:35am On Jun 28, 2015
Good for every one. I just love the Niger deltans because of their sense of humour. Fight weh pass your power turn am in to a joke... grin

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Militants Won’t Return To Creeks Over Cancelled Contracts –Boyloaf by Nobody: 3:37am On Jun 28, 2015
fulanimafia:
Okay it is now clear that the Deltans want to eliminate any doubt about their support for this government and their rejection of Biafra.

Yesterday it was the Ijaw IYC President that called for all hands to be on deck to support PMB, today it's Boyloaf, a few weeks ago it was Ateke.

Despite the fact that they have now proven to be mere noisemakers considering their past utterances, these militants must be commended for towing the path of peace for our national development, especially in the ND, as PMB promised in his inaugural speech.

I hope and pray PMB disappoints his detractors and engages in massive development of the Niger Delta, despite the decades of failure to do so by its own leaders.
Amin ooo. I am really impress with Niger deltans, now they have my respect.

3 Likes

Re: Militants Won’t Return To Creeks Over Cancelled Contracts –Boyloaf by Nobody: 3:39am On Jun 28, 2015
theV0ice:
I think common sense is pervading the atmosphere now.....

Violence doesn't solve problems seems to be the new thought enveloping all and sundry now. Moreover, these Militant warlords of yester-years have so eaten fat that they WILL NEVER wish to go back to the days of roaming in mosquito infested creeks living in mortal fear of experiencing what ferocious militants like John Togo suffered.

Development can only take place in an atmosphere of peace. The North east decimated by Boko Haram is proof of this.

Wish them all the best

Yeah! I think they are more mature. And sensitive than the other side people. I no mention name o.

6 Likes

Re: Militants Won’t Return To Creeks Over Cancelled Contracts –Boyloaf by hannysur8(m): 3:43am On Jun 28, 2015
Where the two elephant fight, the grass right there will suffer....Niger Delta youth should calm down in other for their old and children not to suffer for the battle

1 Like

Re: Militants Won’t Return To Creeks Over Cancelled Contracts –Boyloaf by Nobody: 3:44am On Jun 28, 2015
Nobody wan die. Things will only get better. Thanks to late ex president yardua of blessed memory.

1 Like

Re: Militants Won’t Return To Creeks Over Cancelled Contracts –Boyloaf by gists: 3:52am On Jun 28, 2015
PUSH1:
Nobody wan die. Things will only get better. Thanks to late ex president yardua of blessed memory.
Especially when you have tasted how good life can be.
grin grin grin

I have said it on several threads that we don't need any useless bloody, primitive, violent revolution in this country that will lead to the death of innocent women and children. Because such a fight will most likely install another thief in the form of Wike, or Amaechi, or Rochas, or Aregbe or Fayose, or Kwankaso, or saraki, or lawan etc. All we need is a good no-nonsense leader that will "whip people into shape".

Boyloaf has already been "whipped into shape" by mere presence of a no-nonsense "oga at the top". Could we have even dreamt of this kind of news if GEJ was still in Aso Rock?

6 Likes

Re: Militants Won’t Return To Creeks Over Cancelled Contracts –Boyloaf by Nobody: 4:05am On Jun 28, 2015
Good decision

1 Like

Re: Militants Won’t Return To Creeks Over Cancelled Contracts –Boyloaf by fulanimafia: 4:26am On Jun 28, 2015
sameer1212:
Amin ooo. I am really impress with Niger deltans, now they have my respect.

This is how they overtook the Ibos and became more politically relevant. If only their leaders would honestly use all that derivation and interventions like NDDC to rehabilitate their environment. Anyway PMB has promised.

5 Likes

Re: Militants Won’t Return To Creeks Over Cancelled Contracts –Boyloaf by arewatech(m): 5:02am On Jun 28, 2015
The ND are wise, everyday they are making it clear that they support the current govt. and don't have anything to do with Biafra.

2 Likes

Re: Militants Won’t Return To Creeks Over Cancelled Contracts –Boyloaf by kotv: 5:16am On Jun 28, 2015
Keep lying to yourselves Nigerians. No amount of online propaganda is going to change what's going on at home. Cancel the contract, cancel amnesty and let's see if this your paper propaganda will become true.
Re: Militants Won’t Return To Creeks Over Cancelled Contracts –Boyloaf by Nobody: 6:39am On Jun 28, 2015
sure way to go ,we nor get time for rubbish ,peace and development all the way.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Militants Won’t Return To Creeks Over Cancelled Contracts –Boyloaf by azimibraun: 6:55am On Jun 28, 2015
Have the Niger Deltans actually overtaken the igbos truly in the scheme of thing in Nigeria as stated above by a commentator; Am not so sure about that O!

2 Likes

Re: Militants Won’t Return To Creeks Over Cancelled Contracts –Boyloaf by Nobody: 8:06am On Jun 28, 2015
I've never believed in violent struggle and I've never been a fan of these guys that call themselves militants. I don't think it will be productive to use violence to make a point.

2 Likes

Re: Militants Won’t Return To Creeks Over Cancelled Contracts –Boyloaf by Nobody: 8:11am On Jun 28, 2015
fulanimafia:
Okay it is now clear that the Deltans want to eliminate any doubt about their support for this government and their rejection of Biafra. Even barcanista has started to make some sense since he wiped clean his lens of objectivity that were stained by GEJ's loss.

I hope and pray PMB disappoints his detractors and engages in massive development of the Niger Delta, despite the decades of failure to do so by its own leaders. Sai Buhari!
Go and sit down. Have I been a violence advocate b4?
Re: Militants Won’t Return To Creeks Over Cancelled Contracts –Boyloaf by fulanimafia: 8:40am On Jun 28, 2015
barcanista:
Go and sit down. Have I been a violence advocate b4?

Keep quiet and take the compliment in good faith.

Was I talking about violence or objectivity?

2 Likes

Re: Militants Won’t Return To Creeks Over Cancelled Contracts –Boyloaf by fulanimafia: 8:46am On Jun 28, 2015
azimibraun:
Have the Niger Deltans actually overtaken the igbos truly in the scheme of thing in Nigeria as stated above by a commentator; Am not so sure about that O!

GEJ was the former President, Ameachi is in line to be named SGF while Ibos are celebrating the post of deputy senate President. Rivers state had the highest number of voters in the SS/SE.Which region did PMB specifically mention in his inaugural speech?

These are a few pointers to know the Ijaws have taken over the Eastern region in terms of political relevance.

1 Like

Re: Militants Won’t Return To Creeks Over Cancelled Contracts –Boyloaf by Nobody: 8:49am On Jun 28, 2015
fulanimafia:

Keep quiet and take the compliment in good faith.

Was I talking about violence or objectivity?
I have always been objective to the best of my knowledge- though sometimes I can be partisan.

1 Like

Re: Militants Won’t Return To Creeks Over Cancelled Contracts –Boyloaf by oyeludef(m): 8:51am On Jun 28, 2015
Una no dey go church?
Re: Militants Won’t Return To Creeks Over Cancelled Contracts –Boyloaf by Nobody: 9:03am On Jun 28, 2015
The Niger delta is clearly sending the signal to biafra, they are not part of their madness

1 Like

Re: Militants Won’t Return To Creeks Over Cancelled Contracts –Boyloaf by fulanimafia: 10:03am On Jun 28, 2015
cc: lalasticlala lets spread the message of peace.
Re: Militants Won’t Return To Creeks Over Cancelled Contracts –Boyloaf by omenka(m): 10:03am On Jun 28, 2015
The war and bloodbath Asari and his plump wife said they would visit on the country in an event we don't vote Jonathan is most likely gonna be fought only by them and their children, with the keyboard warriors on nairaland cheering them on as usual while making no effort whatsoever at being on battleground physically. cheesy

I guess the massob guys would be scratching their heads wondering what the heck is going on. cheesy

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

I Didn't Say Nigeria Deserves Bombing For Rejecting Jonathan - FFK / NASS Crisis: Buhari Lacks Moral Right To Talk About Party Supremacy – Tinubu / US: We’ll Compel Nigeria To Accept Same-sex Marriage

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.