Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,673 members, 7,801,941 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 06:31 AM

What Happens When You Add Sugar And Maggi To Your Cooked Beans - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / What Happens When You Add Sugar And Maggi To Your Cooked Beans (5758 Views)

A Nairalander Caught A Big Python, Cooked It And Ate It With His Family (Photos) / Why Can't Ladies Cook Without "Maggi"? / See What A Lady Cooked For Her Man ! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Happens When You Add Sugar And Maggi To Your Cooked Beans by onismate: 2:53am On Jun 28, 2015
Hunger is bad oooo. That was why it was described that “an hungry man is an angry man.” Because he can do anything to satisfy himself at that moment. No wonder Esau sold his birth right to Jacob in the Bible. The hunger don Nack Esau sote, he forgot the implications of what he was doing when he was giving away his birth right. If not, Isreal would have been “Children of Esau.” We wouldn’t have even know what is called “children of Isreal.” Na that kind hunger na im put me for trouble.

This beautiful Saturday, I came back from a very powerful Night vigil. After a day dry fasting and prayer, I was terribly hungry and I needed something to quench my thirst. After taking oranges with the only N50 I had. After taking the oranges, I was still hungry. Infact I needed a solid food like fufu and unhydrolyzed egusi soup. But were the money dey! I was so hungry that if I could find any eatable thing at that moment, I want it but I had no money. I was in my room thinking what and how to eat for that day, but my new neighbor who just packed into the next room opposite mine. The beans she was cooking, the aroma was making me hungrier. The thing dey scatter my nose. But I don’t know how to tell her to give me some. She just packed in and we are not that familiar with each other. Na only “good morning, good morning we dey.” I can’t just go and start begging her for food. But the food she was cooking, the aroma destroying the evil forces in my system. As I was still thinking and praying that God should provide what to eat, I heard a knock on the door. I was so weak to go open it because of hunger. But I managed to go open it. Behold, standing in front of me was my new neighbor. She was carrying a ceramic covered plate. Well, she told me that she brought the food for me. That I should please manage it. On my mind, I was so happy. Infact I wondered how she managed to know that I was so terribly hungry and the aroma of what she was cooking was killing me gradually. She was even telling me to manage it. I opened the plate and it was beans and plantain. God don butter my bread. I thanked her before she left. I firstly poured the food into my own plate, washed hers and returned it with great thanks believing and hoping that that kind of her gestures would continue. I went inside and devoured the food. To be candid, the beans and plantain sweet no be small. That I began wondering what she used in cooking it. It tasted so sugary.

After eating, I laid on the bed and slept off. Only for me to wake up 9pm with heavy stomach upset. My stomach was making different kind of noise as if the legions of demon Jesus casted out from the mad man in the bible, all of them entered inside my stomach. It looked as if the demons were running around inside my stomach. My stomach was running like tap water that I stood up and went to the toilet. I came out and thought it would be over, I never knew that that was just the beginning. Before I knew what was happening, I was in the toilet for the 7th time. As I was coming out, the thing began again, I have to go back to the toilet. All the buckets of water I fetched before going for my fasting was finished. At a time when it got to about 12 midnight, I just had to remain inside the toilet till day break because I saw no reason of coming out and running around. As I will be coming out of the toilet, my belly will be rolling again, so what was the need of coming out! I remained in the toilet. Na so I begin regret. Na who send me. If I had known I should have just endured the hunger ooo. I believed it was the food my neighbor gave to me that was causing my stomach upset. But was it even a crime collecting and eating my neighbor’s food! Na so I begin swear for my neighbor. This girl wan kill me oooo.

In the morning, I was tempted to ask my neighbor how she cooked the food she gave to me because I felt it was what caused my running stomach. I saw her leaving for her work and called . I told her not to be angry ooo that her food was so delicious and she should tell me how she prepared the beans. I got the shock of my life when she began telling me, and she told me she added sugar and maggi to the beans. I asked why she added maggi and sugar. She said that is how a sweet beans is being prepared. Chaiii, the girl nearly killed me with her sugar and maggi. And I said it because the beans tasted unusual. I used to cook beans nah, but that one was different. I never knew that she added another thing to it. I have learnt my lessons.

Three weeks later, I was in my house and my neighbor brought another beans she prepared. I collected it from her but didn’t eat it. I no wan die. That girl go kill person.

http://www.hovabuzz.com/frontline/1013-how-food-can-cause-pain-my-hunger-experience

2 Likes

Re: What Happens When You Add Sugar And Maggi To Your Cooked Beans by dominique(f): 3:05am On Jun 28, 2015
I used to add sugar to beans when I was in school and it never upset my stomach. You probably caught a stomach bug.

But your neighbour tho, why always beans? The days she cooks jollof rice or pasta, she no go remember to share. Diaris God ooo
Re: What Happens When You Add Sugar And Maggi To Your Cooked Beans by ascaris(m): 4:20am On Jun 28, 2015
Oboy if you no fit eat foods cooked with sugar no try go Malaysia ooh...even meat na sugar them go carry cook am.
Re: What Happens When You Add Sugar And Maggi To Your Cooked Beans by Babe2sure(f): 5:52am On Jun 28, 2015
I don't put sugar in my beans.

After eating, one should always wait for the food to digest a little, before laying down. It could cause stomach upset, if you lie down immediately after eating.

The quantity of beans you consumed at a time also matters. Some people are known to develop stomach upset, if they consume too much beans at a time.

I am just giving you two possible case scenario, that could also make one to have stomach upset, after eating beans.
Re: What Happens When You Add Sugar And Maggi To Your Cooked Beans by estheremma(f): 10:29am On Jun 28, 2015
I also heard that when one eats hot beans.it can purge n upset ur tommy.maybe thats what happened to u.
Re: What Happens When You Add Sugar And Maggi To Your Cooked Beans by lyly911(f): 10:41am On Jun 28, 2015
Malaysian boy is here again!
Re: What Happens When You Add Sugar And Maggi To Your Cooked Beans by nuelzy: 11:55am On Jun 28, 2015
Mbong!!!!... sugar ke?? in cooking?? since when??

jesus!!
Re: What Happens When You Add Sugar And Maggi To Your Cooked Beans by onismate: 12:13pm On Jun 28, 2015
Yes nah.. Na so dem dey do. The other day she cooked rice and chicken, na so she bone face.
dominique:
I used to add sugar to beans when I was in school and it never upset my stomach. You probably caught a stomach bug.

But your neighbour tho, why always beans? The days she cooks jollof rice or pasta, she no go remember to share. Diaris God ooo
Re: What Happens When You Add Sugar And Maggi To Your Cooked Beans by onismate: 12:14pm On Jun 28, 2015
OK. Cus the way the thing happened was surprising
Babe2sure:
I don't put sugar in my beans.

After eating, one should always wait for the food to digest a little, before laying down. It could cause stomach upset, if you lie down immediately after eating.

The quantity of beans you consumed at a time also matters. Some people are known to develop stomach upset, if they consume too much beans at a time.

I am just giving you two possible case scenario, that could also make one to have stomach upset, after eating beans.
Re: What Happens When You Add Sugar And Maggi To Your Cooked Beans by onismate: 12:15pm On Jun 28, 2015
Hahaha na African food sure pass for dia
ascaris:
Oboy if you no fit eat foods cooked with sugar no try go Malaysia ooh...even meat na sugar them go carry cook am.

1 Like

Re: What Happens When You Add Sugar And Maggi To Your Cooked Beans by onismate: 12:16pm On Jun 28, 2015
Hahahahaha.. Do you want to chase me out?
lyly911:
Malaysian boy is here again!
Re: What Happens When You Add Sugar And Maggi To Your Cooked Beans by onismate: 12:17pm On Jun 28, 2015
It does happen to me
estheremma:
I also heard that when one eats hot beans.it can purge n upset ur tommy.maybe thats what happened to u.
Re: What Happens When You Add Sugar And Maggi To Your Cooked Beans by onismate: 12:19pm On Jun 28, 2015
Mong you never see anything. Come visit some Yoruba canteens. They use sugar to cook
nuelzy:
Mbong!!!!... sugar ke?? in cooking?? since when??

jesus!!
Re: What Happens When You Add Sugar And Maggi To Your Cooked Beans by lyly911(f): 3:37pm On Jun 28, 2015
[color=#000099][/color]
onismate:
onismate:
onismate:
nt really; u re very welcome!
Re: What Happens When You Add Sugar And Maggi To Your Cooked Beans by Dannyset(m): 4:21pm On Jun 28, 2015
U better stay Nigeria make u dey chop dis kain beans, than to dey go chop am for Malaysia. Abi na Madam Rose younger sister?
Re: What Happens When You Add Sugar And Maggi To Your Cooked Beans by EzzyCarter: 6:51am On Sep 02, 2020
Guy, who eats beans after taking oranges? grin You brought the stomach upset on yourself grin

(1) (Reply)

What Are You Going To Eat On 25th December ??? / Rum Drinks In Nigeria / Calling On All NKWOBI Lovers...recipe With Pic

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 94
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.