Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,519 members, 7,808,894 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:52 PM

Owerri Brims With Prostitutes - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Owerri Brims With Prostitutes (11306 Views)

Jibrin Links Dogara And Hembe With Prostitutes / Nnamdi Kanu Arrested In Lagos With Prostitutes In A Hotel Room. / Ibadan Brims With Prostitutes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Owerri Brims With Prostitutes by anitabeauty(f): 5:18am On Jun 28, 2015
Once you hit the ground, you will feel the vibe of Owerri, the capital of Imo State. The city is warm, with many things to keep visitors engaged. Known for its robust hospitality industry, Owerri is the destination of fun seekers. Visitors to Owerri will always have fond memories of the city as well as the longing to return. They will remember the nightlife. They will remember that most of the fine restaurants, hotels and fun spots are places to be in the night.

They know that Owerri has its fair share of nightclubs. While some of the clubs operate on their own, others are built inside hotels. Those who lodge in the hotels that operate nightclubs are admitted free, upon showing their room keys. Others pay gate fee. Expectedly, going by the active nightlife in the city, Owerri is brimming with prostitutes Investigations revealed that commercial sex workers flock around popular hotels and fun spots, looking for men to hook.

Most of these sex workers are students in tertiary institutions in the state. In the day, these students appear somewhat respectable on campus, but at night they wear a different cap. By their dressing you shall know them. They appear in low waist trousers, short gowns/micro mini skirts, midriff and breasts revealing tops and patrol premises of hotels with nightclubs.

One of the commercial sex workers told Saturday Sun, at the Rappour Hotel nightclub, that she comes around to earn money and take care of herself and siblings. Ijeoma, as she called herself, said: “I come to the club about three times a week to catch some fun, but nothing goes for nothing.”

Mr. Livinus Manukwem, an Owerri based businessman, the situation could not have been otherwise, every factor considered. “The sheer number of tertiary institutions in and around Owerri naturally creates the environment for people to indulge. I think there are more higher institutions in Owerri than in any other town in the country. Those setting up such facilities in Owerri are smart business people, taking advantage of the environment or situation. It is just like locating an industry where the raw materials for production abound,” he argued.

Open sex club One of the nightclubs offering “special services” is located unobtrusively off All Seasons Road, New Owerri. The club begins business from about 8pm. However, activities reach fever pitch from 10pm and continue till the wee hours.

This hangout is a white bungalow that hardly gives itself away. It looks like the regular club inside but without heavy décor and neon lights at the entrance. The regular dance hall is always almost empty, making one wonder how they manage to stay afloat. But if you wait long enough, you will notice young and middle aged men strolling into a passage on the left side of the dance hall. And that is where the real action is.

To go past barrel-chested bouncers manning an inner door, you must pay a gate fee of N1,000. There is an adjoining room also and both have something in common: Wild sexual obscenity.

The rooms are not well illuminated but bright enough for you to see what is being offered. Once you step in, the sight that greets you is that of a number of Unclad girls or at various stages of Unclothedness. The girls in bra and pants soon shed every piece of clothing, as the show gathers momentum.

The nightclub parades these girls in appreciable number. Unlike some strip bars where only a handful of girls entertain, this nightclub has them many. And they come in various sizes and shapes: slim, flat, tall, short, fair, dark. Again, unlike most Unclad clubs, where go-go girls exhibit their stuff on a platform, in this fun spot the girls offer more or less personal service. They move from one patron to another, showing the stuff they are made off.

Saturday Sun was at the nightclub recently. As soon as the reporter and two of his friends sauntered in, Unclad girls began to hover around them. About 12 of them were inside the room. Some were smoking cigarettes and drinking can beer, which is sold for N500 each.

Others were rocking to the pulsating music blasting from the speakers. They were making explicit sex remarks and gestures to the men, even as some playfully squeezed one another’s buttocks and breasts, like lesbians.

Shortly after the reporter walked in, Flavour’s monster hit, Ashawo, began to play. The tempo of the music seemed to energize the dancers and they did exotic dance steps and got wilder.

In corners, some of the girls were engaged in lap dance with men, who grabbed the opportunity with both hands, kissing, sucking breasts and caressing the lower region of the girls. The mischievous guys were inserting naira notes in between the thighs of the girls. As the guys titillated their bosoms, they squeezed the hard-on of their partners even as they asked to be “appreciated.” In this nightclub, to be “appreciated” is euphemism for “I need some money.”

The inner room is a shade darker and sleazier. There, the patrons and the girls get more intimate, engaging in all manner of sexual acts. Some of the strip dancers were sitting astride men even as others were caressing themselves. One of the girls, who gave her name as Marbel, said that for N2,000 she would engage in MouthAction with a man in the dark hall. It was gathered that a patron could also take any of the girls out for the night, for an agreed sum. The price depends on the time, desperation of the girl and bargaining power of the patron, but it could be anything between N5,000 and N10,000.

Private parties It was also learnt that the strip dancers equally entertain at private or house parties. According to one of the girls, who identified herself as Maureen, “If guys want to be entertained in a private apartment or hotel room, the girls would be willing. The price tag is N5,000 per girl for an outing of between four and five hours.”

She said: “You can have sex with a girl at the house party, but it is a personal thing. Of course, if you make a good offer a girl will not refuse it. It is a matter of cash.” She further said that if given at least two days notice, she can arrange for up to 30 girls for such special outing. She further said that payment must be made before the girls begin to drop their pants Dark, slim Maureen, who described herself as a professional dancer, sees nothing wrong with strip dancing. “It is like every other profession.

I personally like to dance and if I strip while dancing, what is the big deal? On the issue of sex, everybody is doing it. Female bankers do have sex; medical doctors have sex; actresses have sex; teachers have sex; lawmakers and ministers have sex. In fact, every person is having sex with the people they like or under whatever arrangement. It’s just that people pretend a lot. Some civil servants have sex with more men in a week than strip dancers,” she said.

An insider told Saturday Sun: “Some of the strip dancers are students and they pay their bills with the money they make. But all the dancers are not students. Some of the girls come from poor homes, so they use what they make at the bar to take care of themselves and families. Single mothers and young widows are also among them.

It was also gathered that more girls are coming to the club almost on daily basis seeking to be registered as strippers. One of the requirements is that the girls must be 18 years and above.

http://dailypostmedia..com/2012/08/the-hottest-Unclad-club-in-owerri.html

1 Like

Re: Owerri Brims With Prostitutes by anitabeauty(f): 5:20am On Jun 28, 2015
If u raise a family in owerri the possibility that they will become prostitutes is very high. No wonder I am yet to see decent sane family in owerri

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Owerri Brims With Prostitutes by chinolization: 5:21am On Jun 28, 2015
Abagworo is this true? Lol
Re: Owerri Brims With Prostitutes by mistabiola: 5:30am On Jun 28, 2015
OP, are you also from owerri fr grin
Re: Owerri Brims With Prostitutes by anitabeauty(f): 5:38am On Jun 28, 2015
mistabiola:
OP, are you also from owerri fr grin

Yes but I hate what is happening in my state

1 Like

Re: Owerri Brims With Prostitutes by Nobody: 5:40am On Jun 28, 2015
Sex workers everywhere

1 Like

Re: Owerri Brims With Prostitutes by kuuljay(m): 5:40am On Jun 28, 2015
all I know is that if I have a business deal with you and I eventually find out you are from owerri I grab you by the balls untill the deal is over, even the almighty anambrarians they look them with one kind eye when it comes to money grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Owerri Brims With Prostitutes by Chiefia(m): 5:47am On Jun 28, 2015
All for the money...! Anita...don't hate the situation...change it...! It starts 4rm u cos I bet u aint decent...YES! ONE MAN CAN CHANGE THE WORLD...!
Re: Owerri Brims With Prostitutes by ZaraBrains(m): 5:49am On Jun 28, 2015
Just business, but I thought Owerri was cool! undecided
Re: Owerri Brims With Prostitutes by Tallesty1(m): 5:53am On Jun 28, 2015
anitabeauty:
If u raise a family in owerri the possibility that they will become prostitutes is very high. No wonder I am yet to see decent sane family in owerri
You Need Brain Allowance

17 Likes

Re: Owerri Brims With Prostitutes by otokx(m): 6:06am On Jun 28, 2015
anitabeauty:

Stop generalizing, many decent families exist in Owerri.

2 Likes

Re: Owerri Brims With Prostitutes by modskiller(m): 6:19am On Jun 28, 2015
It's caused by the state of the nation, no one would wanna put their body in the way just to make money. But when we all are left with no options we tend to resort to the cheapest way out.

#GodPleaseHelpChangeNigeria

1 Like

Re: Owerri Brims With Prostitutes by bogolobango(m): 6:42am On Jun 28, 2015
When i say igbos are numéro uno prostitute in nigeria some people find it hard to believe it

2 Likes

Re: Owerri Brims With Prostitutes by pdf90(m): 6:44am On Jun 28, 2015
otokx:

Stop generalizing, many decent families exist in Owerri.

Bros they are not many o . I moved to owerri 2 years ago ... man my ot has changed .. for instance my estate small girls of 13 don de collect talk less of their aunties ... I won't train my kids here dat is 4 sure .
Re: Owerri Brims With Prostitutes by Nobody: 6:52am On Jun 28, 2015
The OP has EBOLA of the Brain
Re: Owerri Brims With Prostitutes by chumakk: 6:55am On Jun 28, 2015
And so shall it be till the end
Re: Owerri Brims With Prostitutes by Nobody: 6:55am On Jun 28, 2015
pdf90:

Bros they are not many o . I moved to owerri 2 years ago ... man my ot has changed .. for instance my estate small girls of 13 don de collect talk less of their aunties ... I won't train my kids here dat is 4 sure .
Where will you train them..?
Are our LEADERS who were TRAINED here better than those trained in LAS VEGAS....?

Are our leaders better than the DEVIL...?

1 Like

Re: Owerri Brims With Prostitutes by babymillenium(f): 6:57am On Jun 28, 2015
anitabeauty:
my dear you LIE. If one is decent you will certainly meet decent people. They are not far from you

5 Likes

Re: Owerri Brims With Prostitutes by condralbede(m): 6:58am On Jun 28, 2015
money for hand,back for ground...ashawo
Re: Owerri Brims With Prostitutes by Nobody: 7:00am On Jun 28, 2015
When i did my TRAINING in OWERRI, few years back, l only discovered that the CITY is very lively... Considering the NUMBER OF HIGHER INSTITUTIONS within a small neighbourhood...

U could find a FUTO student subletting an IMSU and ALVAN student comfortably..

1 Like

Re: Owerri Brims With Prostitutes by AnambraDota: 7:05am On Jun 28, 2015
EVILFOREST:
When i did my TRAINING in OWERRI, few years back, l only discovered that the CITY is very lively... Considering the NUMBER OF HIGHER INSTITUTIONS within a small neighbourhood...

U could find a FUTO student subletting an IMSU and ALVAN student comfortably..

Don't mind the OP he never been to Owerri aLl his life, he is just a troll
Re: Owerri Brims With Prostitutes by CentralIntels: 7:06am On Jun 28, 2015
pdf90:

Raise your family in imo state and all ur daughters will become prostitutes. Lol

Cc: abagworo u dey see ur life. cheesy

4 Likes

Re: Owerri Brims With Prostitutes by Nobody: 7:07am On Jun 28, 2015
Owerri is a cosmopolitan city.

There are visitors and patrons from the West and North respectively. Therefore most of those girls are not from Owerri and its environs.

1 Like

Re: Owerri Brims With Prostitutes by CentralIntels: 7:13am On Jun 28, 2015
There are no other Igbos states living in imo state so how will outsiders come in and live?

Owerre is a prostitution and sodom enclave. Imo state and its people are cursed.

[s]
Keneking:
Owerri is a cosmopolitan city.

There are visitors and patrons from the West and North respectively. Therefore most of those girls are not from Owerri and its environs.
[/s]

2 Likes

Re: Owerri Brims With Prostitutes by uchebest2006(m): 7:21am On Jun 28, 2015
OWERRI BU EBE NWGORIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII
Re: Owerri Brims With Prostitutes by Nobody: 7:35am On Jun 28, 2015
[s][/s]
CentralIntels:
There are no other Igbos states living in imo state so how will outsiders come in and live?

Owerre is a prostitution and sodom enclave. Imo state and its people are cursed.

[s][/s]

Nonsense

1 Like

Re: Owerri Brims With Prostitutes by CentralIntels: 7:39am On Jun 28, 2015
Nonsense, but the truth is bitter! tongue

[s]
Keneking:

Nonsense
[/s]

3 Likes

Re: Owerri Brims With Prostitutes by omenka(m): 7:39am On Jun 28, 2015
I saw a thread with exactly the same content, less comments, and it was titled "Ibadan brims with prostitutes".

What is going on

3 Likes

Re: Owerri Brims With Prostitutes by natas22: 7:50am On Jun 28, 2015
CentralIntels:
Nonsense, but the truth is bitter! tongue
[s][/s]

anitabeauty:

Yes but I hate what is happening in my state

I clear my throat as an elder, please I thought this matter has been analysed and dropped with all the facts. I don't see the reason to bring it up on a Sunday which the Almighty said keep it holy. I respect you two because of the way you handled those hate comments but I totally disagree with you guys by reinventing the topic again so so disappointed.if you like say it a million times its in the blood which can never be changed.
www.
Re: Owerri Brims With Prostitutes by chimerase2: 7:51am On Jun 28, 2015
Tallesty1:
You Need Brain Allowance
dat gal/boy is very very stuuupid and foolish angry
Re: Owerri Brims With Prostitutes by cindicandy(f): 7:56am On Jun 28, 2015
This is the source. The story is from Owerri Imo state. The op on the Ibadan edited this Imo state report to suit his.

http://dailypostmedia..com/2012/08/the-hottest-nude-club-in-owerri.html

omenka:
I saw a thread with exactly the same content, less comments, and it was titled "Ibadan brims with prostitutes".

What is going on

3 Likes

Re: Owerri Brims With Prostitutes by Sugahylz(f): 8:08am On Jun 28, 2015
omenka:

What is going on

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

No Decision On Signing 2016 Budget Yet – FG / No One Can Force Any Senator Out Via Protest-Senator Ali Ndume / Workers Poised For Showdown Over N48bn Promotion Arrears

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.