Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,553 members, 7,809,024 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:11 PM

How Jesus Reacted To The Worship Of Mary - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How Jesus Reacted To The Worship Of Mary (63256 Views)

Statue Of Mary 'begins Weeping Blood' At A Church In Argentina (photo) / How Jesus Christ Changed The World / MC Abbey's Act At The Experience Lagos 2016 (That Pastor Bamiloye Reacted To) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (26) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Jesus Reacted To The Worship Of Mary by jamp: 8:49am On Jul 05, 2015
Pavore9:

The truth is Catholics will continue to say this prayer while Protestants will continue to protest against it till the second coming of Christ! As long as the Catholic Faith does not pose a security risk to non-Catholics just as Boko Haram ISIS, Al-Shaabab are, everyone should keep their peace and mind their paths and leave deciding who is truly serving God to God ALONE!

Oga u hit the nail gbam.
Re: How Jesus Reacted To The Worship Of Mary by jonadaft: 8:50am On Jul 05, 2015
jnrbayano:

Who disvirgined her.

You?
The most stupíd question ever
Was it only Jesus Mary gave birth to

I see catholicism as a religion form by one obsessed and posseed retąrded virgin lover.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Jesus Reacted To The Worship Of Mary by DIOSHEYI(m): 8:50am On Jul 05, 2015
Tallesty1:
Biblical proof that she has fore-knowledge of our problems or that she hears our prayers bro.

You are alive, you can hear and see but Mary is dead. That's the difference.
Please can u point where it is in the bible................?
Re: How Jesus Reacted To The Worship Of Mary by ezenonso: 8:52am On Jul 05, 2015
Only blood interceeds in heaven. There is only one blood that's speaks better things. Other blood speaks vengeance.

And when he had opened the fifth seal, I saw under the altar the souls of them that were slain for the word of God, and for the testimony which they held: [10] And they cried with a loud voice, saying, How long, O Lord, holy and true, dost thou not judge and avenge our blood on them that dwell on the earth? Rev 6 9-10

People that died for Jesus should have forgiven them.

Mary's blood cannot intercedes only Jesus blood .

1 Like

Re: How Jesus Reacted To The Worship Of Mary by cosmic22(m): 8:56am On Jul 05, 2015
religion will always be a problem in Nigeria....every understands d bible in different ways...even Christians are not united yet we seek one Nigeria...... Mary the mother of jesus bore d man that saved us...why wasn't any other woman chosen...... Mary intercedes on our behalf as being the mother of Christ....... if Jesus ever rebukes mary then he has no respect for his mother...... some seek Jesus through Mary
we dont worship Mary we honour her.... we kneel to her yes....even in Africa we kneel bow or squat to our parents as a sign of respect.....

hail Mary
full of grace
the Lord is with thee
blessed are you amongst women
and blessed is the fruit of thy womb.

u can seek God directly.... you can go through d mother.... it happens in every family..... d wedding at cana..... Jesus wasn't met directly ...Mary had to plead.......

6 Likes

Re: How Jesus Reacted To The Worship Of Mary by gudnex22(m): 8:58am On Jul 05, 2015
SSPX:
Stop wondering you heretic dullard, Mary is the MOTHER OF Jesuse Daughter of God the Father and Spoues of Holy spirit so she divinely connected and all grace we receive from God pass through her hand that is why she is full of Grace.

which part of the Bible did you get this from?

1 Like

Re: How Jesus Reacted To The Worship Of Mary by Alexander001(m): 8:58am On Jul 05, 2015
Acekidc4:

Why will they still be Using the Word Virgin to Describe Her??

She is No Virgin!! Catholics should get that into their Skulls!!
And what do you intend doing about that?
Re: How Jesus Reacted To The Worship Of Mary by Bigcake: 8:59am On Jul 05, 2015
Tallesty1:
This short prayer says otherwise.

We fly to thy patronage, O holy Mother of God;
despise not our petitions in our necessities,
but deliver us always from all dangers,
O glorious and blessed Virgin.
Amen.

I wonder who gave her such power.
I even wonder more than you.... I won't be surprise if Mary ends up in hell fire because of the attitude of some folks.

1 Like

Re: How Jesus Reacted To The Worship Of Mary by SirBlack999(m): 9:00am On Jul 05, 2015
LadyBoss1:

Yes cause its a sin to worship anyone or thing except God

Think catholic are guilty of this... Even in the one i attend they kneel down n do the sign of the cross in front of mary n joeseph
Yea,and some tribes lie flat as a RESPECT to the elder(s)

1 Like

Re: How Jesus Reacted To The Worship Of Mary by jonadaft: 9:01am On Jul 05, 2015
SSPX:
I hate this topic
You hate what will open your eyes and put some sense into your skull Hypocrite !

1 Like

Re: How Jesus Reacted To The Worship Of Mary by jamp: 9:01am On Jul 05, 2015
honourhim:
Luke 11:27 And it came to pass, as he spake these things, a certain woman of the company lifted up her voice, and said unto him, Blessed is the womb that bare thee, and the paps which thou hast sucked. 28 [b][/b]But he said, Yea rather, blessed are they that hear the word of God, and keep it.

We can see in the scripture above that Christ didnt give support to the slightest worship of his mother yet people wont hear.

My brother u are reading the bible wrongly. Jesus did not condem the respect accorded to mary rather he reaffirmed what elizabeth said in Lk 1: 45 through the Holy spirit.

1 Like

Re: How Jesus Reacted To The Worship Of Mary by Bigcake: 9:02am On Jul 05, 2015
jnrbayano:

You are the dancer.

I asked a simple Yes or No question.
Your question doesn't deserve an answer... it should best be tied to you and then thrown into a deep pit toilet.

1 Like

Re: How Jesus Reacted To The Worship Of Mary by Nobody: 9:03am On Jul 05, 2015
Sorry OP Catholics are doomed for destruction they can never Repent.

1 Like

Re: How Jesus Reacted To The Worship Of Mary by jonadaft: 9:03am On Jul 05, 2015
jnrbayano:

"Honour"

1. respect that is given to someone who is admired

2. good reputation : good quality or character as judged by other people

3. high moral standards of behaviour

Etc.

<Webster Merriam dictionary>

Which of the definition above cant I use to describe Mary, mother of Jesus who is God?

Do you honour your father and Mother by the way?
Sickness
Re: How Jesus Reacted To The Worship Of Mary by PreacherxSon(m): 9:03am On Jul 05, 2015
An2elect2:
until God opened my eyes and pulled me out...I prolly would have still been a catholic.

...very funny, ur still going to leave that your present church to a new one soon...''MARK MY WORDS''

#BuhThatsNonOfMyBusiness !!!

5 Likes

Re: How Jesus Reacted To The Worship Of Mary by IamLEGEND1: 9:04am On Jul 05, 2015
i didnt know there were a lot of dumb people like this. after everything that transpired in the new testament, na to come ask mary to intercede u know.

#DafuckIsWrongWithYouGuys

1 Like

Re: How Jesus Reacted To The Worship Of Mary by Alexander001(m): 9:04am On Jul 05, 2015
An2elect2:
Catholics worship a certain Mary not the Mary of the bible of course because if she were here she will rebuke them totally.

When i was a catholic, a priest tried explaining that passage to mean some kind of special blessing accrued to Mary. And He said something like "blessed are those who hear the word and keep it LIKE MARY"
I almost believed Him but i knew something was wrong with his interpretation. Jesus didn't say LIKE MARY. Where did he get that from? i thought! And how Jesus swiftly responded to the woman's words, bothered me,but all these things did not deter me from continuing with catholicism until God opened my eyes and pulled me out...I prolly would have still been a catholic.
opened your eyes and directed you to which church? did he tell you that the church you worship with is the one true church? I would love to attend the church that God himself directed you.

2 Likes

Re: How Jesus Reacted To The Worship Of Mary by IamLEGEND1: 9:06am On Jul 05, 2015
SSPX:
Stop wondering you heretic dullard, Mary is the MOTHER OF Jesuse Daughter of God the Father and Spoues of Holy spirit so she divinely connected and all grace we receive from God pass through her hand that is why she is full of Grace.

1 Like

Re: How Jesus Reacted To The Worship Of Mary by stag: 9:08am On Jul 05, 2015
Tallesty1:
I personally don't say that prayer, though I am catholic.

There were too many things I would not do as a catholic. I eventually had to bow out instead of being perceived as being stubborn and rebellious.

It's claimed to be only honouring Mary but alas, that 'honour' is more. Its more of worshiping her.

1 Like

Re: How Jesus Reacted To The Worship Of Mary by Syncan(m): 9:08am On Jul 05, 2015
nyabinghi:
so they killed God on the cross, jesus is a god but there is only one God Allah(SWT) tekbir

Ta! See this one too.

1 Like

Re: How Jesus Reacted To The Worship Of Mary by SalC: 9:09am On Jul 05, 2015
johnw74:

The Angels never stop praising God, saying day and night "Holy, holy, holy is the Lord God Almighty"

good on them.

To God it is praise,
to you it is repetitous praying.

also see this: https://www.nairaland.com/2411104/how-jesus-reacted-worship-mary/2#35474607

Seun we need a dislike button please sad

4 Likes

Re: How Jesus Reacted To The Worship Of Mary by bist: 9:09am On Jul 05, 2015
[size=20pt]myopic[/size]
[size=15pt]DUMb[/size]
4orks!!!

Re: How Jesus Reacted To The Worship Of Mary by malbro(m): 9:09am On Jul 05, 2015
AND HW MANY OF U HAS GONE TO CHURCH.....?...ALL DIS ARGUMENT WIL NO TAKE US ANY WIA BT UR GOOD WORKZ HIA ON EARTH.
Re: How Jesus Reacted To The Worship Of Mary by PreacherxSon(m): 9:09am On Jul 05, 2015
honourhim:
Luke 11:27 And it came to pass, as he spake these things, a certain woman of the company lifted up her voice, and said unto him, Blessed is the womb that bare thee, and the paps which thou hast sucked. 28 [b][/b]But he said, Yea rather, blessed are they that hear the word of God, and keep it.

We can see in the scripture above that Christ didnt give support to the slightest worship of his mother yet people wont hear.

Church this, church that....its so pathetic....nigerians wont look for a way to be meaningful to the country and to them selves, theyr busy looking for answers to MYSTERIOUS things......the making sence countries in the world dont even have as much churches as we have here in 9ja....una beta wake up....believe in what ever you feel is right, simple....

#BuhThatsNonOfMyBusiness !!!
Re: How Jesus Reacted To The Worship Of Mary by Osgee(m): 9:10am On Jul 05, 2015
SSPX:

14 If you [t]ask anything in My name, I will do

1 Like

Re: How Jesus Reacted To The Worship Of Mary by SSPX(m): 9:10am On Jul 05, 2015
My eyes are already open
Re: How Jesus Reacted To The Worship Of Mary by benjsniper33: 9:11am On Jul 05, 2015
Acekidc4:

Why will they still be Using the Word Virgin to Describe Her??

She is No Virgin!! Catholics should get that into their Skulls!!

I think your right, because she will only be worthy of being called a virgin had she died a virgin.
But no, Joseph blowed her scatter till 6 children is complete.
Re: How Jesus Reacted To The Worship Of Mary by SalC: 9:11am On Jul 05, 2015
starlingslimnet:
Sorry OP Catholics are doomed for destruction they can never Repent.
Mr "God"

3 Likes

Re: How Jesus Reacted To The Worship Of Mary by myproperty(m): 9:12am On Jul 05, 2015
Kalatium:
This has always been the case.This was one of the reason Protestant broke out from Catholics. Mary should not even be honoured because Jesus never gave that authority.

The term honour and worship have different meanings. I think the Catholics performs the act of worship on Mary.
This is what the Bible says in Exodus 20:3-
…3"You shall have no other gods before Me.
4"You shall not make for yourself an idol, or any likeness of what is in heaven above or on the earth beneath or in the water under the earth.
5"You shall not worship them or serve them; for I, the LORD your God, am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers on the children, on the third and the fourth generations of those who hate Me,…

The Catholics seems to have substituted Christ for Mary in
1 Timothy 2:5

5 For there is one God and one mediator between God and mankind, the man Christ Jesus,
The bible did not recognize Mary as the mediator, how then can she intercede for Catholics. Can this be termed blasphemy?

1 Like

Re: How Jesus Reacted To The Worship Of Mary by Osgee(m): 9:13am On Jul 05, 2015
SSPX:

John 14:14 If you [t]ask anything in My name, I will do It we. we are to ask in the name of Jesus not Mary.

1 Like

Re: How Jesus Reacted To The Worship Of Mary by SSPX(m): 9:13am On Jul 05, 2015
Which part of the bible were asked to go to church on sunday?

2 Likes

Re: How Jesus Reacted To The Worship Of Mary by cjfavour(m): 9:13am On Jul 05, 2015
jnrbayano:

Take for instance,

If I have the fore-knowledge of a plot to assassinate someone on Monday en route to work (I eavesdropped on the plotters) and advised that target should either stay put at home or take another route, if he heed and thus remain alive:

I delivered him from that danger. No?

Somehow yes. Somehow bcs it's God dt made u to stumble on d plotters not ur making. bt u helped deliver him. Don't forget dt u did this cos you're alive unlike Mary. Bt bros y bow to her image? That baffles me.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (26) (Reply)

Is This Bird Witchcraft Sacrifice Or What? (Photo) / RCCG Bans Long Beard At Weddings (Beard Gang Grooms And Groomsmen) / Man Whose Sister Was Murdered Denounces Jesus (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.