Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,644 members, 7,801,873 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 03:03 AM

I’m Still In Love With Kalu Ikeagwu -alex Okoroji - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / I’m Still In Love With Kalu Ikeagwu -alex Okoroji (1425 Views)

Kalu Ikeagwu: "How The Police Arrested Me In Lagos" / Kalu Ikeagwu Marriage Introduction To Ijeoma Eze (Photos) / Alex Okoroji: I’m Done With My Sex Break, Open To Dating Now (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

I’m Still In Love With Kalu Ikeagwu -alex Okoroji by horlak(m): 1:43pm On Jun 28, 2015
Alex Okoroji, a Nigerian actress, writer and television host is passionate about the Nigerian creative industry like her ex-musician father and COSON boss, Tony Okoroji. Her professional acting career started at the maiden edition of the popular reality TV show, Amstel Malta Box Office(AMBO), in 2005. Since then, Alex has proved to all and sundry that she can hold her own in the entertainment industry. The controversial Nollywood actress, in an interview with ABIOLA ALABA PETERS reveals her past, disappointments and more

Your biggest celebrity crush in the Nigeria entertainment industry.

Hmmm…let me see…Oh mehn! No one readily comes to mind. Geez, have I finished crushing over the men? Hahahaha. Okay, I’ll say Banky W for his art. I think he’s constantly seeking to grow. I like that… and my female crush (strangely) is Omotola Jalade Ekeinde. She’s been very consistent with her brand.

Can you act or pose naked in a movie?

Honestly, I don’t know. Why do I say so? I believe in expression. I believe every actor should be professional and committed to their art. If a good quality script demands an actor to perform a nude scene that adds value to the content or to the overall structure of its art, I don’t see what’s wrong with that. It’s all make-believe. Art is universal…. and we shouldn’t let culture cheapen it.

What I won’t do is strip my clothes for the sake of doing so. Just because a mischievous director requests that. A few years back, I played a sub-lead character in a movie, where I had to take off my top in a scene. It was nicely and tastefully done. No spill out. They were meant to use the silhouette shots. I think eventually the producer was worried about censors’ board and using the original cut.

For the benefit of those reading about you for the first time, who’s Alex Okoroji?

Alex Okoroji is an expressionist. As an actress, writer, podcaster, TV personality, Voice-Over Artiste, Host of the Internet Radio show, The Naked Talk, blog author @ Alexander n Her NaKed Thoughts, self-help mentor and social activist. I use the Creative Arts as a medium of expression to empower minds.

How did acting really begin for you and how many movies have you featured in?

I began professional acting after I took part in the maiden edition of AMBO (Amstel Malta Box Office) reality show in 2005. I started my career on TV. My first movie was Calabar girl (sponsored by the producers of NEXT MOVIE STAR).

I think it was the same for Annie Macaulay at the time. I have played lead or sub lead in about 10 movies or so, but really I cut my teeth in television. Television takes time and requires more commitment over the years.

I have played some of the best characters in soap operas and TV series like Spider, US, Rush, Tinsel, Tales of Eve, GRA Women, Wives & Concubines, Heaven’s Gate and many more. I pretty much consider myself more of a television actor, but I now want to focus on doing more movies though I can’t deny my love for TV.

Being the daughter of a veteran musician and ex-president of PMAN, Chief Tony Okoroji, what impact has it made on your career?

I cannot deny that being the daughter of an artiste has somewhat influenced my decision to live and earn in the arts. Creativity runs in my veins. I inherited the gifts from my father. Still I have tried to separate myself from him. I haven’t used him to directly influence my ambition. I have worked hard to earn it. That being said, I am probably feeding off indirectly from his goodwill. A lot of people respect him. So in turn, they transfer that respect to me because of my antecedents.

What’s your take on pre-marital sex?

In all honesty, I think sex has a way of complicating relationships and confusing people into thinking they are in love. My thoughts against it are more tuned towards the emotional/psychological effect of pre-marital sex and not the religious sentiments.

People have used religion to confuse us and divide us as a people. It seems easy to say to someone for them to wait till they are married because the Bible says so. But how many people truly did so in the Bible or do so now? Everyone wants to see/taste what they are buying. Would you buy a Ferrari without test driving it first?

Would you buy a phone or a television without seeing what you are getting or even the fruits? I guess we are all living by grace. The honest truth is that it is not my place to judge anyone. The choice to either stay celibate until marriage or not, is solely the decision of that person.

Are you in a relationship or married?

I’ve been separated for years. And no, I’m not in any relationship for now.

Have you ever been harassed or abused sexually by the opposite sex?

Harassed? Yes…not physically. I get all those silly online emails and messages on Facebook. Hahahaha. Some ‘so called’ fans even go as far as sending me weird images of their genitals. That’s sexual harassment, my brother. I’ve also had an episode where I had to struggle with a friend. Let’s just say, it didn’t go as he planned.

Ever been heartbroken?

Ha!!! Many times. I have a degree in breaking my own heart. For example, I want a big bowl of ice cream, I can afford to, but I know it’s not healthy for me. I stop myself, tell myself no, whine and nag about it for the rest of the day. Hehehe. Okay, seriously now, yes I have experienced heart break a few times. When people I trust disappoint me, it breaks my heart.

What’s the most scandalous news the media ever wrote about you?

Scandalous? I don’t even know anymore. Many sensational headlines that cheapen a stimulating interview. They have claimed I suffered depression or that I dated people I didn’t even know one on one. Honestly, I don’t keep records anymore. I’m sure there’s more.

If you are to turn back the hands of time, would you want to date Kalu, your ex again?

Yes! The right way this time, with all the other complicating factors out of the picture. He’ll probably be younger, I’ll probably be wiser. It will be a different time and place and our goals will be in sync. I loved him…still do in my own little way.

What are the qualities of your dream man?

A confident man who is not intimidated by a strong woman. An attentive hard worker who is understanding, patient, secure, open minded and will support my growth.

You seem to have a passion for politics. Are you into politics or even planning to go into it?

I get that question a lot. I think we are all political animals just by the way we negotiate and manage our day to day lives. But no, I am not a politician. I do not even have a political ambition. I’m an artiste and I think artistes have a certain social responsibility to the people and their communities.

It is our responsibility to influence leadership as well as good citizenry, which is why I joined the social pressure group #4NL For New Nigeria. We started with our immediate community, pushing our vision with #4NL for Lagos and we have so much more to do in the area of social awareness, community service and empowerment.

You have been romantically linked with music stars – Obiwon, Ruggedman and Olu Maintain.

I don’t even know where those rumours emanated from. Completely baseless.

Can you marry a man who possesses all the qualities in your father? I mean, a man like your father.

Yes! In fact, I want a man like my father, maybe a little varied. But definitely someone who has values like him and is not afraid to stand for what he believes in. Someone who appreciates and understands the arts and what I do because sharing common interest is also important in a relationship /marriage.

cc: lalasticlala
source
http://newtelegraphonline.com/im-still-in-love-with-kalu-ikeagwu-alex-okoroji/

Re: I’m Still In Love With Kalu Ikeagwu -alex Okoroji by Nobody: 1:45pm On Jun 28, 2015
So?
Re: I’m Still In Love With Kalu Ikeagwu -alex Okoroji by kilode100(f): 2:00pm On Jun 28, 2015
Old cargo.

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

OMG: Serena Williams Shows Off Her Massive Behind In Lovely Swimwear / Fan August Alsina Fondled Breast On Stage Defends Him [photos] / See Nigerian Artists That Needs To Change Their Stage Name

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.