Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,246 members, 7,780,493 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 03:31 PM

Why Do Igbo Artistes Sing In Yoruba? - Music/Radio (15) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Why Do Igbo Artistes Sing In Yoruba? (43950 Views)

Why Do People Sing In The Shower? / Can You Sing In French Language? / Singers That Really Can't Sing (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Igbo Artistes Sing In Yoruba? by Afam4eva(m): 2:06pm On Mar 12, 2009
AfroCynic:

Chicbic, your ethnocentrism is so transparent and boring, go somewhere with Afam, you two will make a nice cuople. You obviously have a problem comprehending standard English, and since that is the case, I won't waste any more time on you.
"Ethnocentism" is tired, try another word abeg.
Re: Why Do Igbo Artistes Sing In Yoruba? by AfroCynic: 2:29pm On Mar 12, 2009
afam4eva:

"Ethnocentism" is tired, try another word abeg.

A great man once said, 'who the cap fits, let him wear it'

it never stops being what it is, your statements give certain things away and the word that you claim is tired is a nice succinct way of telling you what you are.
Re: Why Do Igbo Artistes Sing In Yoruba? by asha80(m): 3:03pm On Mar 12, 2009
Una never tire for this thread?
Re: Why Do Igbo Artistes Sing In Yoruba? by chibic(m): 4:28pm On Mar 12, 2009
afrocynic.if that's what u use for somebody tribalistic.I think the word "yoruba" is synonimous to that.I have been in lagos before.it's all tribalism and shit.especially when they see ibos.u guys don't travel outside ur place.y'all only have LOCAL EXPERIENCE.so, get it off ur big head.we still BETTER.
Re: Why Do Igbo Artistes Sing In Yoruba? by ofokasibe: 4:45pm On Mar 12, 2009
AfroCynic:

Ofokasibe, I hope you know what it is you are getting yourself in to,

yes i know, and am happy that am travelling that way wit u. kiss check the thread now. i left something 4 u
Re: Why Do Igbo Artistes Sing In Yoruba? by chibic(m): 5:52pm On Mar 12, 2009
IBOS,UNTOUCHABLE
VERSE I
those tha don't like ibos,i call them FUNNY HATERS/
we are bizness driven,call us MONEY MAKERS/
we get hungry today to build TOMORROW/
u others party today,the next day u are in SORROW/
riding thru streets of lagos,i see them JEALOUS/
saying ibos too hold and they no fit SMELL US/
our first orientation is get money,GET EGOS/
their first orientation is how to HATE IBOS/
we come ur place,make bucks,take it BACK HOME/
u're stuck in ur place doing nothing like a PACKED STONE/
now they're tribalistic cos they don't TRAVEL OUT/
u don't know about my side,close ur GRAVEL MOUTH/
they hate to mix up with ibos cos they said it's HARZADOUS/
u all live opposite and fake lives like a PARADOX/
cos when ibos are saying the country should BRAKE-UP/
that's when those that despise ibos are saying let's MAKE-UP/

VERSE 2
just like y'all,we can never be HYPOCRITS/
I'm not fake like OBJ,i don't reel out RHETORICS/
they said ibo man's heart is the heart of a LION/
cos this world may be hard,but to ibos,it's a ZION/
we make the best out of the WORST SITUATION/
"believe u'll make it"it's our FIRST INTUITION/
no doubt ibo is made of abundant TALENTS/
i'm a real example,my crew are hiphop SERGENTS/
we rule movies,hiphop and FOOTBALL/
despite their hatred on us,we STOOD TALL/
We don't rely on juju,we get the KNACK-TO-MAKE IT/
i can't stand infront of a babalawo STACK-ON-NAKED/
AFROCYNIC,i know it pains in ur HEART/
this is sth u wished u never be the 1st to START/
this is the deepest thing that i EVER WROTE/
ibos untouchable is sth y'all should BETTER NOTE/

I'M JUST FULL OF SKILLS.THAT'S WHAT IBO CAN PRODUCE.NOTHING BETTER THAN THIS EVER COME OUT OF YORUBA LAND.Bleep U IF U THINK OTHERWISE.OR U CAN SUCK MY PHAT DICK IF U ARE A GUY. BUT IF U ARE A GIRL,U CAN SWALLOW MY SPERM WHILE I HAVE MY ORGASM IN UR FAT-DICK-SUCKING-MOUTH.I'M THE SHIT Y'ALL BEEN WAITING FOR.NOW Y'ALL IBO RIVALS ARE WEARING A MARTYRED LOOK.COS I CAN SEE THAT OBVIOUSLY.Y'ALL BETTER GO ON,DO UR PARTYING,COS THAT'S WHAT YOU ARE ALL GOOD AT.AND STOP HATING ON US.STUPID HOES
Re: Why Do Igbo Artistes Sing In Yoruba? by asha80(m): 6:18pm On Mar 12, 2009
Chibic na wha 4 you oo
Re: Why Do Igbo Artistes Sing In Yoruba? by Afam4eva(m): 6:36pm On Mar 12, 2009
Chinekeee, u don finish Afrocynic don't worry he won't post anymore, the next time he hears nairaland he will remember he has legs.
Re: Why Do Igbo Artistes Sing In Yoruba? by AfroCynic: 9:16pm On Mar 12, 2009
Lol, someone opened up the asylum,  tongue

That rap does not even warrant a response, it's so wack. omg.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Igbo Artistes Sing In Yoruba? by Afam4eva(m): 9:54pm On Mar 12, 2009
AfroCynic:

Lol, someone opened up the asylum,  tongue

That rap does not even warrant a response, it's so wack. omg.

Then throw some punch lines.
Re: Why Do Igbo Artistes Sing In Yoruba? by chibic(m): 6:43pm On Mar 14, 2009
afrocynic,u r just a dumb ass.I'm sure u must drinking and partying now.cos that's what i know u people for.remember tomorrow o!so make u no turn into alaye boy.
Re: Why Do Igbo Artistes Sing In Yoruba? by Frankies(m): 5:28pm On Mar 16, 2009
asha 80:

I wonder if Nigga raw did some yoruba flavor before he became a star.

Was just thinking of this before reading this.
Re: Why Do Igbo Artistes Sing In Yoruba? by romeo(m): 8:00pm On Mar 16, 2009
Chibic please please biko nwada igbo i want to marry you grin grin grin grin grin grin grin (if u r female) lol
Re: Why Do Igbo Artistes Sing In Yoruba? by sinaayo(f): 4:11pm On Mar 17, 2009
Why Do Igbo Artistes Sing In Yoruba?why nt complian about language,i think dey should sing in their mother language,or may be they think much people wouldn;t buy it,
Re: Why Do Igbo Artistes Sing In Yoruba? by larayat(f): 2:06am On Mar 18, 2009
its lack of confidence.the igbos dont av d believ dat der language will take dem places, musically,
Re: Why Do Igbo Artistes Sing In Yoruba? by Theblessed(f): 3:02pm On Mar 20, 2009
What a Silly question!!!!

My answer to your question is: why then did you chose to publish this your question in English language?? Abi your Yorubal language, wouldn't it do?  Besides, is English language your mother tongue?  Once you are able to answer these question then will you be able to realise why anyone could sing or publish their music in any language they fancy or prefer.  Music, they say is a universal language though you may not understand the wordings/language used but hey, the beats goes on!!!  It means, you rock it anyway whether you know/understand the wordings or not.  Grow up, young man!!!
Re: Why Do Igbo Artistes Sing In Yoruba? by AfroCynic: 3:05pm On Mar 20, 2009
Theblessed:

What a Silly question!!!!

My answer to your question is: why then did you chose to publish this your question in English language?? Abi your Yorubal language, wouldn't it do?  Besides, is English language your mother tongue?  Once you are able to answer these question then will you be able to realise why anyone could sing or publish their music in any language they fancy or prefer.  Music, they say is a universal language though you may not understand the wordings/language used but hey, the beats goes on!!!  It means, you rock it anyway whether you know/understand the wordings or not.  Grow up, young man!!!

Lol, I think you'll find that the dude who started this thread is Igbo.
Re: Why Do Igbo Artistes Sing In Yoruba? by chibic(m): 6:42pm On Mar 21, 2009
@afrocynic
waiting for u to make another stupid comment about igbos again
Re: Why Do Igbo Artistes Sing In Yoruba? by shakamc(m): 4:08am On Mar 27, 2009
LISTEN TO SHAKAR EL SWAGGA,HE SINGS IN IBO AND HE LOVES YOURBA LANGUAGE AND OTHER AFRICAN DIALECTS, REPPING HIS CITY ENUGU A.K.A COAL CITY A.K.A 042 WHERE HE GREW UP!!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=piBvtxR3QRc
Re: Why Do Igbo Artistes Sing In Yoruba? by ilosiwaju: 8:10pm On Apr 30, 2009
naija na naija. what difference does it make?
Re: Why Do Igbo Artistes Sing In Yoruba? by hunman: 4:21pm On Jun 21, 2009
igbo got talents thats why they speak different languages. So to me is been considerate and not selfish unlike u. they speak so can get the message. naija movie made by igbos is always english laguage so others can enjoy but, urs is always always yoruba now tell me who selfish
Re: Why Do Igbo Artistes Sing In Yoruba? by Seadbari(m): 7:45pm On Jun 21, 2009
I wonder why all this artist must sing with yoruba thang in it, lll blizz, 2 short, rugged man e.t.c have that thing in common, We had this same argument a long time ago me and ma friends. Its just that it baffles and i'm Waiting for the day an artist will come up without having the yoruba thing cos its hard to c a yoruba artist singing in another language, and nobody should say its lack of creativity! All those artist using yoruba are using it cos they want to sell thier album and not cos of any creative thing in 'em, cheesy
Re: Why Do Igbo Artistes Sing In Yoruba? by hunman: 4:59am On Jun 22, 2009
whats ur point
Re: Why Do Igbo Artistes Sing In Yoruba? by WildOne(f): 8:54am On Jun 22, 2009
Seadbari:

I wonder why all this artist must sing with yoruba thang in it, lll blizz, 2 short, rugged man e.t.c have that thing in common, We had this same argument a long time ago me and ma friends. Its just that it baffles and i'm Waiting for the day an artist will come up without having the yoruba thing cos its hard to c a yoruba artist singing in another language, and nobody should say its lack of creativity! All those artist using yoruba are using it cos they want to sell thier album and not cos of any creative thing in 'em, cheesy

Why did D'banj sing in Igbo?
Re: Why Do Igbo Artistes Sing In Yoruba? by sosoboy1: 4:56pm On Jun 22, 2009
igbos are too smart to understand others language and speak it more than u.and they are biz minded too.so they sing in yoruba to get yoruba audience also.don't blame them.they are too quick witted,unlike other tribes that c cant hear or speak other languages.d'banj sang in igbo cos don jazzy helped him and a high life musician was there too.i bet d,banj dont even know the meaning of the words he was using
Re: Why Do Igbo Artistes Sing In Yoruba? by Seadbari(m): 10:26am On Jun 23, 2009
@wildone D'banj sang in igbo! Yeah i know but do u think he did it just to sell his album? I can tell u he did outa creativity and as an act of been dynamic as an artist, Using yoruba to sing aint a crime, but what i meant by my earlier post is that most of them use yoruba to win audience and nothing else cos they believe if they cant win the heart of lagos they cant make it!! grin
Re: Why Do Igbo Artistes Sing In Yoruba? by JJYOU: 10:32am On Jun 23, 2009
it is called show business.  most people forget the word  business which they are into.  the bigger the market, the better for business
Re: Why Do Igbo Artistes Sing In Yoruba? by Seadbari(m): 11:07am On Jun 23, 2009
undecided
Re: Why Do Igbo Artistes Sing In Yoruba? by Seadbari(m): 11:09am On Jun 23, 2009
We all know its a show biz, but the question still stand, Read some post and i just laughed cos some people aint getting it. Some wrote that nigga raw didn't sing yoruba, yeah i know but did he win audience or make it with his songs "hell no"! The reason behind everybody fussing yoruba is that yoruba sells in the music industry. Nigga raw (igbo), 9ice (yoruba), Who sold more and who has more audience? Cos even in akwa ibom that i served, 9ice has far more fans and i mean far far more, So people sing in yoruba just to win more people, Shegena cool
Re: Why Do Igbo Artistes Sing In Yoruba? by asha80(m): 11:50am On Jun 23, 2009
Seadbari:

We all know its a show biz, but the question still stand, Read some post and i just laughed cos some people aint getting it. Some wrote that nigga raw didn't sing yoruba, yeah i know but did he win audience or make it with his songs "hell no"! The reason behind everybody fussing yoruba is that yoruba sells in the music industry. Nigga raw (igbo), 9ice (yoruba), Who sold more and who has more audience? Cos even in akwa ibom that i served, 9ice has far more fans and i mean far far more, So people sing in yoruba just to win more people, Shegena cool

If you are doubting whether nigga raw sold or made it with his style of music then you have no idea what you are talking about.
Re: Why Do Igbo Artistes Sing In Yoruba? by sosoboy1: 12:21pm On Jun 23, 2009
Seadbari:

tribalistic idiot,u should get off this site.why do d,banj have more fans than nice outside yoruba land?mind u,nigga raw has fans than nice outside yoruba land.u think every other tribes are jumping up to what they don't understand.that's why many igbo artist are singing bot in english,yoruba,and igbo to get wider audience.if not that lagos is a yoruba land,u think nice will sell a dime?
Re: Why Do Igbo Artistes Sing In Yoruba? by Seadbari(m): 6:12pm On Jun 23, 2009
@sosoboy why are you talking to the P? U sound too aggressive to have a point! If i may ask, how many places have u been outside lagos? Maybe ur village then where else, I love music n aint tribalistic and none of my post point to that n if u just heard the word "tribalistic" trying using it when appropriate, Gosh u make me sick cos most of u just post from "this one say that one say!" go get ur fact straight, Nigga raw is aight but i'm saying 9ice cut across so much more, ! grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (Reply)

FEM By Davido: Davido And Burna Boy's Fans Battle After The Release Of FEM / Mercy Chinwo Slams ₦2bn Lawsuit On Obidiz For Using Her Name In A Secular Music / Youtube Rewind 2019: The Most Watched Music Videos In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.