Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,962 members, 7,806,783 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 11:55 PM

The Biblical Joseph, The First And Greatest 419 Story Ever Told. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Biblical Joseph, The First And Greatest 419 Story Ever Told. (3447 Views)

Adeboye Addresses Joseph Obayemi & Odesola After Their Appointments (Photos) / Christians, Why Do You Believe In The Biblical God? / 8 false Teachings by Churches And The Biblical Truths Concerning them. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Biblical Joseph, The First And Greatest 419 Story Ever Told. by plaetton: 3:34pm On Jun 28, 2015
It's all there in black and white in the bible, how Joseph, using his official position in the Pharoah's court, craftfully swindled ordinary Egyptians of their land, and then enslaved them to work in same lands for him just for their daily sustenance.
It is a manual on how to turn your landlord into your slave.
Re: The Biblical Joseph, The First And Greatest 419 Story Ever Told. by Nobody: 3:34pm On Jun 28, 2015
Lwkmd
Re: The Biblical Joseph, The First And Greatest 419 Story Ever Told. by Nobody: 3:37pm On Jun 28, 2015
op whats your point ??

1 Like

Re: The Biblical Joseph, The First And Greatest 419 Story Ever Told. by plaetton: 3:54pm On Jun 28, 2015
kingcity:
op whats your point ??

Putting our moral schizophrenia aside,
Was Joseph a hero or a villain?

It depends on whether you are cheering for Ordinary Egyptians or cheering for Joseph and his clan.
But the undeniable fact remains that he cunningly swindled ordinary Egyptians of their land, and lived Large and elevated the fortunes of his clan on the slavery of the Egyptian people.
Re: The Biblical Joseph, The First And Greatest 419 Story Ever Told. by Nobody: 3:57pm On Jun 28, 2015
kingcity:
op whats your point ??

You still need him to highlight his point for you?
Re: The Biblical Joseph, The First And Greatest 419 Story Ever Told. by Nobody: 4:16pm On Jun 28, 2015
plaetton:

Putting our moral schizophrenia aside,
Was Joseph a hero or a villain?

It depends on whether you are cheering for Ordinary Egyptians or cheering for Joseph and his clan.
But the undeniable fact remains that he cunningly swindled ordinary Egyptians of their land, and lived Large and elevated the fortunes of his clan on the slavery of the Egyptian people.
it is called grace

1 Like

Re: The Biblical Joseph, The First And Greatest 419 Story Ever Told. by herald9: 4:17pm On Jun 28, 2015
Can you elaborate? Cause I think Pharaoh ignorantly promoted him rather.
Re: The Biblical Joseph, The First And Greatest 419 Story Ever Told. by Nobody: 4:18pm On Jun 28, 2015
theAtheist101:

You still need him to highlight his point for you?
the topic was MISLEADING
Re: The Biblical Joseph, The First And Greatest 419 Story Ever Told. by plaetton: 4:19pm On Jun 28, 2015
kingcity:
it is called grace

Lol.
Christian 419 = grace.

Thanks for your honesty.

5 Likes

Re: The Biblical Joseph, The First And Greatest 419 Story Ever Told. by Rilwayne001: 4:21pm On Jun 28, 2015
Deu 20:10-14 When you march up to attack a city, make its people an offer of peace. If they accept and open their gates, all the people in it shall be subject to forced labor and shall work for you. If they refuse to make peace and they engage you in battle, lay siege to that city. When the LORD your God delivers it into your hand, put to the sword all the men in it. As for the women, the children, the livestock and everything else in the city, you may take these as plunder for yourselves. And you may use the plunder the LORD your God gives you from your enemies.

So, whats the OP yarning about

3 Likes

Re: The Biblical Joseph, The First And Greatest 419 Story Ever Told. by Nobody: 4:24pm On Jun 28, 2015
plaetton:

Lol. Christian 419 = grace.
Thanks for your honesty.
grace=unmerited favour not 419
Re: The Biblical Joseph, The First And Greatest 419 Story Ever Told. by plaetton: 4:28pm On Jun 28, 2015
kingcity:
grace=unmerited favour not 419

Unmerited anything = injustice = 419 x 2

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Biblical Joseph, The First And Greatest 419 Story Ever Told. by johnydon22(m): 4:34pm On Jun 28, 2015
Rilwayne001:
Deu 20:10-14 When you march up to attack a city, make its people an offer of peace. If they accept and open their gates, all the people in it shall be subject to forced labor and shall work for you. If they refuse to make peace and they engage you in battle, lay siege to that city. When the LORD your God delivers it into your hand, put to the sword all the men in it. As for the women, the children, the livestock and everything else in the city, you may take these as plunder for yourselves. And you may use the plunder the LORD your God gives you from your enemies.

So, whats the OP yearning about

This always get someone thinking "What type of universal god claimant takes sides in wars, helps one group utterly destroy and enslave another, as a matter of fact commands them to do so

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Biblical Joseph, The First And Greatest 419 Story Ever Told. by plaetton: 4:34pm On Jun 28, 2015
Rilwayne001:

So, whats the OP yearning about

Sorry sir, I made the semantic error of mixing Terror and plunder with 419.
My christian friend calls grace, which means UNMERITED FAVOUR.

SO, according to the new christian nomenclature,
Terror and Plunder = god's grace
Re: The Biblical Joseph, The First And Greatest 419 Story Ever Told. by Rilwayne001: 4:38pm On Jun 28, 2015
johnydon22:

This always get someone thinking "What type of universal god claimant takes sides in wars, helps one group utterly destroy and enslave another, as a matter of fact commands them to do so

Not everyone is thinking that way my bros.
Re: The Biblical Joseph, The First And Greatest 419 Story Ever Told. by johnydon22(m): 4:41pm On Jun 28, 2015
Rilwayne001:

Not everyone is thinking that way my bros.

I guess you are right
Re: The Biblical Joseph, The First And Greatest 419 Story Ever Told. by johnydon22(m): 4:45pm On Jun 28, 2015
plaetton:

Sorry sir, I made the semantic error of mixing Terror and plunder with 419.
My christian friend calls grace, which means UNMERITED FAVOUR.

SO, according to the new christian nomenclature,
Terror and Plunder = god's grace

According to them it is ok for god to kill someone and give you what he owns. . . it is grace... But when a thief steals ur stuff to give another, it is a sin and not grace..

Imagine i have heard someone testify how a man lost his job and he got the position as a replacement. . . i was like WTF

Such nonsenses are called selfishness and unfounded injustice... somehow they are more deserving of the good things than others..

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Biblical Joseph, The First And Greatest 419 Story Ever Told. by plaetton: 4:53pm On Jun 28, 2015
P
johnydon22:

According to them it is ok for god to kill someone and give you what he owns. . . it is grace..

Imagine i have heard someone testify how a man lost his job and he got the position as a replacement. . . i was like WTF

Such nonsenses are called selfishness and unfounded injustice... somehow they are more deserving of the good thing than others..

It seems obvious that religious faith Is grounded on extreme selfishness.

The hilarious thing is when they come in here to ask where atheists get their morality.

Again, it is appearing clearer that atheists, religious apostates, are probably people born with special traits.
Atheists, all atheists that I have come across, seem to have clear independent judgement of right and wrong, justice and injustice.

The Joseph story seemed clearly unjust to me even in sunday school. It puzzled me that no one else saw it that way.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Biblical Joseph, The First And Greatest 419 Story Ever Told. by Pr0ton: 4:56pm On Jun 28, 2015
herald9:
Can you elaborate? Cause I think Pharaoh ignorantly promoted him rather.

Ignorantly?
Don't tell me you're a Christian.
Re: The Biblical Joseph, The First And Greatest 419 Story Ever Told. by malvisguy212: 4:56pm On Jun 28, 2015
plaetton:
It's all there in black and white in the bible, how Joseph, using his official position in the Pharoah's court, craftfully swindled ordinary Egyptians of their land, and then enslaved them to work in same lands for him just for their daily sustenance.
It is a manual on how to turn your landlord into your slave.
No christian will take you serious because you did not highlights your claims. You create this thread just to mock the "Joseph story" in the bible.

3 Likes

Re: The Biblical Joseph, The First And Greatest 419 Story Ever Told. by malvisguy212: 5:12pm On Jun 28, 2015
Rilwayne001:

So, whats the OP yarning about
In order to maintain His righteousness, God must judge sin - everything that goes against His character.
Deuteronomy 9:5
"It is NOT for your righteousness or for
the uprightness of your heart that
you are going to possess their land,
but it is because of the wickedness of
these nations that the LORD your God
is driving them OUT before you, in
order to confirm the oath which the
LORD swore to your fathers, to
Abraham, Isaac and Jacob.

How wicked are this people?

Deuteronomy12:31
You shall not behave thus toward the
LORD your God, for every abominable
act which the LORD hates they have
done for their gods; for they even
burn their sons and daughters in the
fire to their gods.

The wickedness of these people is
confirmed in other verses of the Bible.
Re: The Biblical Joseph, The First And Greatest 419 Story Ever Told. by plaetton: 5:27pm On Jun 28, 2015
malvisguy212:
In order to maintain His righteousness, God must judge sin - everything that goes against His character.
Deuteronomy 9:5
"It is NOT for your righteousness or for
the uprightness of your heart that
you are going to possess their land,
but it is because of the wickedness of
these nations that the LORD your God
is driving them OUT before you, in
order to confirm the oath which the
LORD swore to your fathers, to
Abraham, Isaac and Jacob.

How wicked are this people?

Deuteronomy12:31
You shall not behave thus toward the
LORD your God, for every abominable
act which the LORD hates they have
done for their gods; for they even
burn their sons and daughters in the
fire to their gods.

The wickedness of these people is
confirmed in other verses of the Bible.

Once again, moral schizophrenia kicks in, and you are saying, and reiterating that god's acts of genocides are perfectly justified ? shocked

Even I, an imperfect human, cannot ever condone or justify genocide on any account whatsoever.
On that account, I will always remain a better human than you are, all of you Yahweh worshippers, irrespective of what trash you believe in.

6 Likes

Re: The Biblical Joseph, The First And Greatest 419 Story Ever Told. by herald9: 5:36pm On Jun 28, 2015
Pr0ton:

Ignorantly?
Don't tell me you're a Christian.
Christian or no Christian, I've to say things as it is or I'll be fooling myself. Some stories in the Bible are didactic-they teach morals.

Like Joseph rising from the position of a servant to 'prime minister' teaches determination and also shows the reward for honesty.

Not all things in the Bible are worth questioning tho.

Btw I'm not an atheist. Just an enlightened soul.

1 Like

Re: The Biblical Joseph, The First And Greatest 419 Story Ever Told. by johnydon22(m): 5:49pm On Jun 28, 2015
herald9:

Christian or no Christian, I've to say things as it is or I'll be fooling myself. Some stories in the Bible are didactic-they teach morals.

Like Joseph rising from the position of a servant to 'prime minister' teaches determination and also shows the reward for honesty.

Yes bro

the bible is full of interest

it has noble poetry in it

and some clever fables

and some blood drenched history

and some good morals

a wealth of obscenity

and upwards of a thousand lies

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Biblical Joseph, The First And Greatest 419 Story Ever Told. by menesheh(m): 5:54pm On Jun 28, 2015
Not only Joseph account but religion as a whole.
Re: The Biblical Joseph, The First And Greatest 419 Story Ever Told. by malvisguy212: 6:10pm On Jun 28, 2015
plaetton:

Once again, moral schizophrenia kicks in, and you are saying, and reiterating that god's acts of genocides are perfectly justified ? shocked

Even I, an imperfect human, cannot ever condone or justify genocide on any account whatsoever.
On that account, I will always remain a better human than you are, all of you Yahweh worshippers, irrespective of what trash you believe in.
you talk as if you are too nice and good, ok. Christians are killing and causing harm, what have you don about this? Just to seat down and type rubbish, throw insult and your ignorants atheists friends likes your post!!! More like an internet bully, accused God of killing, how many life have you save? I can confidently say I risk my life in saving someone and the person don't even know what I did for him, since 1994 today is the second time I am saying this. Am not boasting but they way you (pleatton) say things here on nairaland, is like you are the best and innocent gentle man and ALL other religious people are bad, they are subjected to you. Sorry if you take this as an insult, if I did not say this , none of your atheists friends will have the guts to tell you. But above all, I know you are nice sha.

4 Likes

Re: The Biblical Joseph, The First And Greatest 419 Story Ever Told. by Pr0ton: 6:10pm On Jun 28, 2015
herald9:

Not even the authencity of those things that appear "good". Don't tell me you are enlightened.
Re: The Biblical Joseph, The First And Greatest 419 Story Ever Told. by Pr0ton: 6:17pm On Jun 28, 2015
malvisguy212:
you talk as if you are too nice and good, ok. Christians are killing and causing harm, what have you don about this? Just to seat down and type rubbish, throw insult and your ignorants atheists friends likes your post!!! More like an internet bully, accused God of killing, how many life have you save? I can confidently say I risk my life in saving someone and the person don't even know what I did for him, since 1994 today is the second time I am saying this. Am not boasting but they way you (pleatton) say things here on nairaland, is like you are the best and innocent gentle man and ALL other religious people are bad, they are subjected to you. Sorry if you take this as an insult, if I did not say this , none of your atheists friends will have the guts to tell you. But above all, I know you are nice sha.

Awwwn. Could the person be that dumb?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Biblical Joseph, The First And Greatest 419 Story Ever Told. by plaetton: 6:19pm On Jun 28, 2015
malvisguy212:
No. I don't take this as an insult.
But I judge you, malvisguy212, your moral compass, on account of what you support or do not support on this forum.

If you find justification for the many genocidal acts of yahweh as presented in the bible, then surely, a lot of us would begin to shudder, not only about your moral character, but of your sanity altogether.
You are what you believe.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Biblical Joseph, The First And Greatest 419 Story Ever Told. by Nobody: 6:42pm On Jun 28, 2015
Smh... I still don't see any 419 in joseph's story. He was ambitious, he played his card well and got rewarded.

The gift of a man maketh a way for him.

That's the moral of the Joseph story.

Not everything in the Bible is totally useless, the Bible was written by the wisest of men at the time it was written.
Re: The Biblical Joseph, The First And Greatest 419 Story Ever Told. by herald9: 6:48pm On Jun 28, 2015
Pr0ton:

Not even the authencity of those things that appear "good". Don't tell me you are enlightened.
'appear'?

Just because you're an atheist, you think you've a standard criteria for measuring what's good and what's bad?

Remember what's good to you might not be good to others.
Re: The Biblical Joseph, The First And Greatest 419 Story Ever Told. by johnydon22(m): 6:50pm On Jun 28, 2015
herald9:

'appear'?

Just because you're an atheist, you think you've a standard criteria for measuring what's good and what's bad?

Remember what's good to you might not be good to others.

No one has the standard of measuring good and bad, Not atheist or theist. these two concepts are subjective.

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

14 Shocking Religions You Had No Idea Existed / Satan's Attack On The Bible / Pastor Adeboye Will Not Make Heaven

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.