Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,532 members, 7,808,957 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:05 PM

What's This About Jesus? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What's This About Jesus? (1583 Views)

Exposing Christianity; The Truth About "Jesus Christ" / The Real Jews Have Different Views About Jesus Unlike Christians / Wow ! Harvard Professor Reveals Truth About Jesus' Marital Status ( Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What's This About Jesus? by OlaoChi: 3:39pm On Jun 28, 2015
1. Did Jesus curse?
Matthew 5: 22 - "...but anyone who say, you fool, shall be in danger of hell fire." Yet, your Jesus repeatedly called people fools. See Matthew 23: 17, 19 - "You blind fools…", Luke 11: 40 - "You fools…" Jesus said in Matthew 5: 44 - "Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you. Yet he called his opponents names and hurled insults in Matthew 23: 33, 27, 17, 19, 15. John 10: 8, Luke 11: 40, Matthew 12: 34.

2. Was Jesus capable of lies or dishonesty?
John 7:8-10 "You go to the feast. I am not yet going up to this feast, because for me the right time has not yet come. Having said these he stayed in Gallilee. However, after his brothers had left for the feast, he went also, not publicly but in secret."

3. Did Jesus' (a.k.a the Prince of Peace) came to make the world more about love, cordiality and peace?
Matthew 10: 34: "Do not suppose that I have come to bring peace to the earth. I did not come to bring peace but a sword."

4. Did Jesus nursed the mission or ambition to Christianize the whole world?
Matthew 10: 5-6 - "These twelve Jesus sent with the following instructions: 'Do not go among the Gentiles or enter any town of the Samaritans. Go rather to the lost sheep of israel. Matthew 15: 24-26. "He answered, 'I was sent only to the lost sheep of israel. The woman came and knelt before him, 'lord help me!' She said. He replied, 'it's not right to take the children's bread and toss it to their dogs.'

5. Did jesus drank/partied?
Matthew 11: 18-19 - "For john came neither eating nor drinking, and they say, 'he has a demon.' The son of man came eating and drinking, and they say, 'here is a glutton and a drunkard..."

6. Did jesus came to destroy the roundly barbarous 'Old Testament' as many christians claim?
Matthew 5: 17 - "Do not think that I've come to abolish the law and the prophets; I have not come to abolish them but fulfill them."
Re: What's This About Jesus? by Nobody: 3:43pm On Jun 28, 2015
So wat are u trying to say now? undecided
Re: What's This About Jesus? by Nobody: 3:44pm On Jun 28, 2015
Hmmm
Re: What's This About Jesus? by Nobody: 3:44pm On Jun 28, 2015
onomeglo:
So wat are u trying to say now? undecided
Gibberish of course

1 Like

Re: What's This About Jesus? by Nobody: 3:49pm On Jun 28, 2015
Freemanan:
Gibberish of course
lol I guessed so grin
Re: What's This About Jesus? by Nobody: 4:14pm On Jun 28, 2015
Your papa mate read bible they fly Five airplane, you stay there reading yours to find fault... Siddon there u here, that's why Jesus said you can't give Children meat to the dogs, He was actually talking to pple like you who are not meant to eat straight from the table but left overs... Enjoy your fault finding adventure
Re: What's This About Jesus? by OlaoChi: 5:56pm On Jun 28, 2015
polymathic:
Your papa mate read bible they fly Five airplane, you stay there reading yours to find fault... Siddon there u here, that's why Jesus said you can't give Children meat to the dogs, He was actually talking to pple like you who are not meant to eat straight from the table but left overs... Enjoy your fault finding adventure
So you admit that the bible is full of faults?
Re: What's This About Jesus? by OlaoChi: 5:57pm On Jun 28, 2015
@onomeglo
Freemanan:

Gibberish of course
yes speaking from what it written in the bible
Meaning the bible is gibberish

2 Likes

Re: What's This About Jesus? by Nobody: 5:59pm On Jun 28, 2015
OlaoChi:
@onomegloyes speaking from what it written in the bible
Meaning the bible is gibberish
Res ipsa loquitor
Re: What's This About Jesus? by Nobody: 6:04pm On Jun 28, 2015
OlaoChi:

Aint no faults in the bible my dear, you just don't understand the word cos you're reading the word carnally... Ask the Holy Spirit to give you understanding and you'll be happy u did...

1 Like

Re: What's This About Jesus? by Medicis(m): 11:55pm On Jun 28, 2015
OlaoChi:

If you wan see error, ye shall see and if you wan get understanding, ye shall get understanding. Chikena!
Re: What's This About Jesus? by GooseBaba: 2:01am On Jun 29, 2015
polymathic:
Aint no faults in the bible my dear, you just don't understand the word cos you're reading the word carnally... Ask the Holy Spirit to give you understanding and you'll be happy u did...

Abeg, how does one ask holyspirit for understanding..?

4 Likes

Re: What's This About Jesus? by Nobody: 6:49am On Jun 29, 2015
GooseBaba:

Abeg, how does one ask holyspirit for understanding..?
Pray according to the Will of GOD. Pray in Faith. lemme tell you, until you have an Encounter with GOD personally, you can never understand the gospel and believe, and until you believe and understand the gospel, it will be mere stories to you same way I was tooo few years back.....
Re: What's This About Jesus? by Ramon92: 7:00am On Jun 29, 2015
polymathic:
Lmao.. Isn't the holy spirit even supposed to be open more to the unbelievers since Jesus claimed to come for them??
Re: What's This About Jesus? by Nobody: 7:09am On Jun 29, 2015
Ramon92:
Lmao.. Isn't the holy spirit even supposed to be open more to the unbelievers since Jesus claimed to come for them??
How will you believe the Holy Spirit exist as an unbeliever!!! Bro, the Holy Spirit is available only to believers, and as an unbeliever all u need to do is accept Jesus Christ as your Lord and sviour afterward you will be baptised with the Holy Ghost!!! I tell you this hour, Repent and give your live to Christ or you shall be damned!!!! Shikena
Re: What's This About Jesus? by johnydon22(m): 7:17am On Jun 29, 2015
When Christians don't know the answer to something, they seek for an escape route "ask the holy spirit". . .why don't you tell her since you have the holy spirit.

I wonder if the holy spirit will make the english letters to change and mean something else other than what they say.

No wonder Christianity has 41,000 different sects, wonder how the teachings of this holy spirit got so different to give rise to 41 wooping thousand doctrines.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What's This About Jesus? by menesheh(m): 7:21am On Jun 29, 2015
@ OlaoChi

[size=13pt]What's This About Jesus?[/size]

Why not start by defining Jesus. The significance of his appearance, why he never wanted to show face again since we innovate camera, video etc, those obstacles he claimed to helped us to overcome, whether we feel the impact of it's fulfillment.

Story story. Turtle married elephant, they went skiing, they had sex and gave birth to grasshopper, the grasshopper claimed to be superior over them.
GOD!!!! SHIIT.

those your stories don't matter anymore. They don't impact on anything. Why devoting and wasting time on things that has no impact on humanity. Use this time to read books that will benefit humanity and raise consciousness for our wellbeing.
Re: What's This About Jesus? by Anas09: 3:59pm On Jul 04, 2015
The Bible is full of Faults, but the prophecies thereof are coming to pass. Shouldn't that tell u something?
Just wait, when u meet ur creator, ask him why His Words are full of faults. I hope u have the chance to do that.
Re: What's This About Jesus? by OlaoChi: 3:22pm On Jul 09, 2015
polymathic:
why not adress the op and show me how I cannot comprehend clear english words written on the Bible. holy spirit? is that a new term for delusion?

1 Like

Re: What's This About Jesus? by OlaoChi: 3:28pm On Jul 09, 2015
Anas09:
The Bible is full of Faults, but the prophecies thereof are coming to pass. Shouldn't that tell u something?
Just wait, when u meet ur creator, ask him why His Words are full of faults. I hope u have the chance to do that.
what prophecies? you think the prophecies of the hindu Vedas arent coming true?
Re: What's This About Jesus? by OlaoChi: 3:38pm On Jul 09, 2015
polymathic:
Pray according to the Will of GOD. Pray in Faith. lemme tell you, until you have an Encounter with GOD personally, you can never understand the gospel and believe, and until you believe and understand the gospel, it will be mere stories to you same way I was tooo few years back.....
what is faith?
can you trust somebody that is yet to prove himself?

so hey ur God has refused to reveal himself even after my constant pleas, I guess am too Intelligent for the delusions of this God
Re: What's This About Jesus? by Scholar8200(m): 4:05pm On Jul 09, 2015
OlaoChi:
1. Did Jesus curse?
Matthew 5: 22 - "...but anyone who say, you fool, shall be in danger of hell fire." Yet, your Jesus repeatedly called people fools. See Matthew 23: 17, 19 - "You blind fools…", Luke 11: 40 - "You fools…" Jesus said in Matthew 5: 44 - "Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you. Yet he called his opponents names and hurled insults in Matthew 23: 33, 27, 17, 19, 15. John 10: 8, Luke 11: 40, Matthew 12: 34.
Let me answer this way: a soldier kills on the battle field when protecting his country's interests against external aggression after
diplomatic negotiations fail. the same soldier dares not kill his neighbour who offends him; the best is to report same at a police station.

Point is Matthew 5:22 speaks of when you have been offended as a person.

You will never find Jesus saying this when He was personally assaulted:When He was called Beelzebub by the Pharisees, when the samaritans rejected His coming, when the soldiers slapped and mocked Him, when Judas brought the mob etc these were personal offences and He gracefully went through them.

Jesus at these times was declaring God's judgement against the unbelieving, hypocritical pharisees after all He made it clear that He never spoke of Himself but as the Father commanded Him.

2. Was Jesus capable of lies or dishonesty?
John 7:8-10 "You go to the feast. I am not yet going up to this feast, because for me the right time has not yet come. Having said these he stayed in Gallilee. However, after his brothers had left for the feast, he went also, not publicly but in secret."
Read the reference very well. He said the right time had not come (I invite you to study that clause in the book of John) meaning He would not go till the right time. My belief is that the Father led Him when it was time (just as the case of Lazarus when he was sick).

3. Did Jesus' (a.k.a the Prince of Peace) came to make the world more about love, cordiality and peace?
Matthew 10: 34: "Do not suppose that I have come to bring peace to the earth. I did not come to bring peace but a sword."
If you read down the chapter you will understand. Why would He heal one of those that came to arrest Him if He wanted bloodshed? Why did He not call for the Legions of Angels? Why did He not grant the request of two of His disciples who wanted to call down fire on the Samaritans?
The passage you quoted talks about the persecution those who receive Him will experience in their families and how this might lead to a division. Meaning, dont expect everybody to appreciate and agree with you when you receive Him.

4. Did Jesus nursed the mission or ambition to Christianize the whole world?
Matthew 10: 5-6 - "These twelve Jesus sent with the following instructions: 'Do not go among the Gentiles or enter any town of the Samaritans. Go rather to the lost sheep of israel. Matthew 15: 24-26. "He answered, 'I was sent only to the lost sheep of israel. The woman came and knelt before him, 'lord help me!' She said. He replied, 'it's not right to take the children's bread and toss it to their dogs.'
This statement was made before His death and resurrection. Himself warned the Jews about seeing people from all over the world in the kingdom but they themselves cast out. John 3:16 summarizes it all. Jesus was the Seed in Whom all the nations will be blessed.

5. Did jesus drank/partied?
Matthew 11: 18-19 - "For john came neither eating nor drinking, and they say, 'he has a demon.' The son of man came eating and drinking, and they say, 'here is a glutton and a drunkard..."
The highlighted tells you He was quoting what people said;just as they said He was Jeremiah, OT prophets etc

6. Did jesus came to destroy the roundly barbarous 'Old Testament' as many christians claim?
Matthew 5: 17 - "Do not think that I've come to abolish the law and the prophets; I have not come to abolish them but fulfill them."
The quote has answered your question.
Re: What's This About Jesus? by Nobody: 8:07pm On Jul 09, 2015
OlaoChi:

hmmm so you've still not repented and youre yet to acknowledge the truth of the gospel? Upon all the numerous preaching
Re: What's This About Jesus? by OlaoChi: 2:09pm On Jul 10, 2015
ProphetUdeme:
hmmm so you've still not repented and youre yet to acknowledge the truth of the gospel? Upon all the numerous preaching
repented from seeking knowledge?
you have to stop claiming something is truth when you have not been able to proove it for over 1500years
Re: What's This About Jesus? by Orunto: 12:54pm On Jul 12, 2015
God is everything that we should do and shouldn't do. Vengeance ie revenging either by bombs, guns, fights, or just abuse etc is God's. God is righteousness and wrongteousness. Don't be confused.

(1) (Reply)

Another Reason To Give Thanks (photo) / Omg:pastor Strips Female Members Unclad & Marches On Them During Church Service / Checkout This Church's Funny Billboard (pictured)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.