Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,535 members, 7,801,494 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 04:02 PM

Let's Talk About Marriage(homosexuality,polygamy And Others) - Family (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Let's Talk About Marriage(homosexuality,polygamy And Others) (18608 Views)

The Wrong Perception Of African Women About Marriage. / 13 hypocrisies and Idiosyncrasies of Polygamy / Between Polygamy And Gayism, Which Would You Choose? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Let's Talk About Marriage(homosexuality,polygamy And Others) by Nobody: 7:41pm On Jun 29, 2015
pickabeau1:

We were always on the topic
The Bible angle came in with myself and Francis

You dont take store by the bible so no issue there

Afterall Marriage Equality is now allowed
That means taxes for the govt, divorce settlements now being paid by richer individuals to others.. basically the same whatnots about MARRIAGE
so lets see how it goes

The major issue people have is the seeming intolerance by th gay crowd although one could say they experienced that too for so long

Even the marriage institution itself is not as it used to be anyway

Alright then smiley smiley
Re: Let's Talk About Marriage(homosexuality,polygamy And Others) by Nobody: 7:43pm On Jun 29, 2015
UyiIredia:

I think you are being foolish. The Bible is an anthology of books written by people over different time periods. As with any other literary work, it's statements must be understood within the general context of the Bible itself and its historical context. In the case of women being silent in churches, that article clearly showed that it wasn't an absolute command, since in other verses Paul allowed that women could pray and prophesy.

Oh please shush it already.

First they say you need to invite the "holy spirit" to guide you while reading the bible.

Now I have to also consult articles to aid me understand the bible.

I might as well relate the bible to Shakespeare's works

SMDH!!!
Re: Let's Talk About Marriage(homosexuality,polygamy And Others) by UyiIredia(m): 7:45pm On Jun 29, 2015
masonkz:

As I've stated, I have no problem with all the above. People's concern is actually WHY polygamy isn't legalised in the US, hence why I asked if women in the US are calling for the courts to legalise it, cos all I see is men agitating for it.

Simple.

The women don't have to call for it, but in fact, some do or have no issue with. Case in point, the writer of the article below:

http://www.slate.com/articles/double_x/doublex/2013/04/legalize_polygamy_marriage_equality_for_all.html
Re: Let's Talk About Marriage(homosexuality,polygamy And Others) by pickabeau1: 7:46pm On Jun 29, 2015
Uyi

I suggest you dont discuss scripture with masonkz
he does not believe in it anyway
Re: Let's Talk About Marriage(homosexuality,polygamy And Others) by Nobody: 7:47pm On Jun 29, 2015
UyiIredia:

The women don't have to call for it, but in fact, some do or have no issue with. Case in point, the writer of the article below:

http://www.slate.com/articles/double_x/doublex/2013/04/legalize_polygamy_marriage_equality_for_all.html

Good!

More of her should come out and write petitions!

I'd gladly be at their back.

wink
Re: Let's Talk About Marriage(homosexuality,polygamy And Others) by Nobody: 7:48pm On Jun 29, 2015
pickabeau1:
Uyi

grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Let's Talk About Marriage(homosexuality,polygamy And Others) by UyiIredia(m): 7:48pm On Jun 29, 2015
masonkz:

Oh please shush it already.

First they say you need to invite the "holy spirit" to guide you while reading the bible.

Now I have to also consult articles to aid me understand the bible.

I might as well relate the bible to Shakespeare's works

SMDH!!!

You need to wisen up. Anyone will have questions about the Bible or Christian tenets and such articles can help. It's no different from checking out various sources to better grasp a subject.
Re: Let's Talk About Marriage(homosexuality,polygamy And Others) by Nobody: 7:49pm On Jun 29, 2015
masonkz:

Again, I've addressed this.

Men already had the freedom that women were clamouring for. So it was more or less a one sided scale.

Oh, and yes, the men were actually the ones that approved gender equality. Afterall, men ruled the courts in those days. So, undecided

I answered you here.....

beautiful...
keep shooting yourself in the foot...

in dat case, the women should be agitating for the legalisation of polyandry as well and not for the criminalization of polygamy....
women clamoured for equality and not for a criminalization of the rights enjoyed by men....
why cant you keep a balanced argument?
Re: Let's Talk About Marriage(homosexuality,polygamy And Others) by Nobody: 7:50pm On Jun 29, 2015
njokusboy:

I answered you here.....

Again, look at my reply to that post of yours. undecided
Re: Let's Talk About Marriage(homosexuality,polygamy And Others) by UyiIredia(m): 7:51pm On Jun 29, 2015
masonkz:

Good!

More of her should come out and write petitions!

I'd gladly be at their back.

wink

If you have no problems with it you should be her back already. If all the people in support of such an arrangement share your attitude no one will come out.
Re: Let's Talk About Marriage(homosexuality,polygamy And Others) by Nobody: 7:52pm On Jun 29, 2015
UyiIredia:

You need to wisen up. Anyone will have questions about the Bible or Christian tenets and such articles can help. It's no different from checking out various sources to better grasp a subject.

In other words, the bible is same as any other book out there, where you'd need to consult other materials before really understanding it.

Thanks for letting me know. wink
Re: Let's Talk About Marriage(homosexuality,polygamy And Others) by UyiIredia(m): 7:53pm On Jun 29, 2015
pickabeau1:
Uyi

I know. He shouldn't be allowed to misinterpret it though.
Re: Let's Talk About Marriage(homosexuality,polygamy And Others) by pickabeau1: 7:54pm On Jun 29, 2015
UyiIredia:

I know. He shouldn't be allowed to misinterpret it though.

Ok.. i see your angle
Re: Let's Talk About Marriage(homosexuality,polygamy And Others) by UyiIredia(m): 7:55pm On Jun 29, 2015
masonkz:

In other words, the bible is same as any other book out there, where you'd need to consult other materials before really understanding it.

Thanks for letting me know. wink

You're welcome.
Re: Let's Talk About Marriage(homosexuality,polygamy And Others) by Nobody: 8:15pm On Jun 29, 2015
freecocoa:
Till it can be proven that people aren't born gay, will I have a rethink on the matter and even so, I don't see how being gay affects non-gay people, so what's the noise really all about?

Y'all talk about inbreeding being legalised and all, was it not okay in the time of Jesus? What's new in this our world? Abegi.

Do you think people are born iincestuous?

Please, provide bible passages where iincest was allowed.
Re: Let's Talk About Marriage(homosexuality,polygamy And Others) by Nobody: 8:23pm On Jun 29, 2015
edwife:

Lol,i am not good with arguments.I just want to understand why some people support this and judge who don't support it. smiley
As you can see it has been very decent and mature. wink

Hope you cool?kiss to LO. kiss
Edddyyyyyyyoooo!!!
Well done! kiss

Pickabeau1,thanks a lot.
We r cool.

1 Like

Re: Let's Talk About Marriage(homosexuality,polygamy And Others) by Nobody: 8:26pm On Jun 29, 2015
UyiIredia,what about that ur friend?
Have forgotten d name.
But his mum abi dad had an accident one time?
I love reading his posts but for like one yr,he has not logged in.
Re: Let's Talk About Marriage(homosexuality,polygamy And Others) by Nobody: 8:32pm On Jun 29, 2015
freecocoa:

1. There is no woman in love willing to share her man,

2.I am assuming love and compatibility is why people get married,

3. the women in it have accepted it as normal because it is what they've been subjected to.

4. The internet is at your disposal, you can help yourself to some information, you certainly don't expect me to start worrying my pretty head over homo issues, especially as it doesn't even concern Nigeria, duh!

5. If something is wrong in their biological wiring to make them gay, whose fault is that?

6. There's nothing moral about marrying more than one wife for christians.

7. Siblings having sex is not a good idea as chances of having a genetically fecked up baby is very high.

8. Yes, it was okay in jesus's time, abi no be jesus be God again? Read your bible I'm sure you'll find siblings that screwed themselves, cousins also count.tongue

1. Boo fvcking hoo. What about what a man in love wants?

2. Lies. Nobody marries for love. People marry for the furthering and protection of their interests. Therefore, your argument is invalid.

3. Who subjected them so? Is it 1874 in Port Harcourt, where you live?

4. That same internet should have taught you hat the west is sanctioning African countries where homosexx is frowned upon. If that doesn't concern you, nothing else can.

5. Proof of biological faults, please. Hearsay is inadmissible.

6. Lies from the pit of hell. Nowhere in the bible is it stated that christians should marry only one wife. I'll have you know that there are christian sects/denominations that actually encourage polygamy.

7. This point is moot. Not all sexx leads to childbirth.

8. You really should talk about things you know. No need bto lie against the bible to further your opinions. The punishment for that is clearly stated in the book of Revelations. grin

2 Likes

Re: Let's Talk About Marriage(homosexuality,polygamy And Others) by freecocoa(f): 8:37pm On Jun 29, 2015
Timbuktou:

Do you think people are born iincestuous?

Please, provide bible passages where iincest was allowed.
Cain and his sister,given that his family was the only on earth at the time.

Abraham and his sister(Gen 20:12-13).

Lot's daughter laid with him to preserve their lineage and some other people in the bible too

I don't believe anyone is born incestuous, siblings who do it, often start it out as kids with no much knowledge on sex and start experimenting with themselves.
Re: Let's Talk About Marriage(homosexuality,polygamy And Others) by Nobody: 8:47pm On Jun 29, 2015
FrancisTony:

What God has put together, no man should put assunder... Mark 10.9

That sums it all...

What is this fvckery?

1 Like

Re: Let's Talk About Marriage(homosexuality,polygamy And Others) by freecocoa(f): 8:51pm On Jun 29, 2015
Timbuktou:

1. Boo fvcking hoo. What about what a man in love wants?

2. Lies. Nobody marries for love. People marry for the furthering and protection of their interests. Therefore, your argument is invalid.

3. Who subjected them so? Is it 1874 in Port Harcourt, where you live?

4. That same internet should have taught you hat the west is sanctioning African countries where homosexx is frowned upon. If that doesn't concern you, nothing else can.

5. Proof of biological faults, please. Hearsay is inadmissible.

6. Lies from the pit of hell. Nowhere in the bible is it stated that christians should marry only one wife. I'll have you know that there are christian sects/denominations that actually encourage polygamy.

7. This point is moot. Not all sexx leads to childbirth.

8. You really should talk about things you know. No need bto lie against the bible to further your opinions. The punishment for that is clearly stated in the book of Revelations. grin
1. Okay so a man can love two women equally? I hear you, biko go and sleep. angry

2.Don't you think that's an ignorant thing to say?

3. Polygamy in nigeria mostly affects Muslim women(now), use ya head, their religion subject them to that. Back when polygamy was common amongst many, the women did what society expected of them, which was to keep mute and be thankful that a man even approached them.

4.Has Nigeria been sanctioned? I believe I was specific there, wasn't I?

5.understand the topic before jumping in, Crackhaus opined that gay people are so due to faults in biological wiring, the question was for him.

6.I don't really care as I know religion(especially christianity to be bull) I am stating based on what many churches teach.

7.Again, we are talking about why incest shouldn't be legal, you smoke this night?tongue

8.Refer to my previous post, I don't need to lie against the bible, the writers did a good job of fecking the book up themselves.

Btw, I greeted you on one thread and you ignored me, abeg stay your own and leave me alone, we are quarreling. angry
Re: Let's Talk About Marriage(homosexuality,polygamy And Others) by Nobody: 8:58pm On Jun 29, 2015
freecocoa:
Cain and his sister,given that his family was the only on earth at the time.

Abraham and his sister(Gen 20:12-13).

Lot's daughter laid with him to preserve their lineage and some other people in the bible too

I don't believe anyone is born incestuous, siblings who do it, often start it out as kids with no much knowledge on sex and start experimenting with themselves.

That was before God called him, wasn't it? God laid down the law against that in Leviticus 18:6.

Refer to Leviticus above.

So, all siblings experiment so? Or some are just faulty, hence the experimentation?
Re: Let's Talk About Marriage(homosexuality,polygamy And Others) by UyiIredia(m): 9:01pm On Jun 29, 2015
moca:
UyiIredia,what about that ur friend? Have forgotten d name. But his mum abi dad had an accident one time? I love reading his posts but for like one yr,he has not logged in.
I don't know who you're talking about. Sorry.

1 Like

Re: Let's Talk About Marriage(homosexuality,polygamy And Others) by freecocoa(f): 9:12pm On Jun 29, 2015
Timbuktou:

That was before God called him, wasn't it? God laid down the law against that in Leviticus 18:6.

Refer to Leviticus above.

So, all siblings experiment so? Or some are just faulty, hence the experimentation?
Before God called who? I don't like using the bible as reference to anything because that book in filled with contradictions.

Which one be all siblings again? I'm telling you that's how inbreeding starts most times, how many incestuous people do you even know? Are people even proud of being incestuous?

How do you put homosexuality and incest on the same scale? How many siblings can a person have and how many can he or she be attracted to?
Re: Let's Talk About Marriage(homosexuality,polygamy And Others) by Nobody: 9:19pm On Jun 29, 2015
freecocoa:
1. Okay so a man can love two women equally? I hear you, biko go and sleep. angry

2.Don't you think that's an ignorant thing to say?

3. Polygamy in nigeria mostly affects Muslim women(now), use ya head, their religion subject them to that. Back when polygamy was common amongst many, the women did what society expected of them, which was to keep mute and be thankful that a man even approached them.

4.Has Nigeria been sanctioned? I believe I was specific there, wasn't I?

5.understand the topic before jumping in, Crackhaus opined that gay people are so due to faults in biological wiring, the question was for him.

6.I don't really care as I know religion(especially christianity to be bull) I am stating based on what many churches teach.

7.Again, we are talking about why incest shouldn't be legal, you smoke this night?tongue

8.Refer to my previous post, I don't need to lie against the bible, the writers did a good job of fecking the book up themselves.

Btw, I greeted you on one thread and you ignored me, abeg stay your own and leave me alone, we are quarreling. angry

1. Who cares about equality of love?

2. I'm of the opinion that those who believe in love are ignorant people.

3. If you had been using your head, you'd have realised that divorce in islam is acceptable. Muslim women have been known to exit marriages on account of a husband's interest in bringing in another woman.

4. Nigeria has to wait to be sanctioned?

5. Your comment is in public domain, woman.

6. I'm not a religious person either. Just wanted to set you straight.

7. Actually, it's hunger that is the problem. I never chop. kiss

8. You have a less than functional understanding of the book and its teachings. undecided

Apologies, didn't notice it. Anyway, consider yourself greeted in arrears. grin

Happy Ramadan. kiss

3 Likes

Re: Let's Talk About Marriage(homosexuality,polygamy And Others) by Nobody: 9:27pm On Jun 29, 2015
freecocoa:
Before God called who? I don't like using the bible as reference to anything because that book in filled with contradictions.

Which one be all siblings again? I'm telling you that's how inbreeding starts most times, how many incestuous people do you even know? Are people even proud of being incestuous?

How do you put homosexuality and incest on the same scale? How many siblings can a person have and how many can he or she be attracted to?

Abraham had been married for years before God buzzed him up.

The same applies to homosexx. It arose mainly as a result of lack of opportunity with the opposite sex. There's also a lot of experimentation going on. Bear in mind, also, gays weren't that proud to be identified as such till a bunch of goons had a brain fart. All you need do is search the internet and you'll find people in incestuous relationships waiting for an open-minded person such as yourself to take up their cause. Everybody deserves love, Freecocoa. Don't discriminate against the incestuous.

They are npt on the same scale, homosexx is worse. At least, in iincest, there's a chance of heterosexuality. A person may have 10 siblings. What's your point?

3 Likes

Re: Let's Talk About Marriage(homosexuality,polygamy And Others) by freecocoa(f): 10:05pm On Jun 29, 2015
Timbuktou:

Abraham had been married for years before God buzzed him up.

The same applies to homosexx. It arose mainly as a result of lack of opportunity with the opposite sex. There's also a lot of experimentation going on. Bear in mind, also, gays weren't that proud to be identified as such till a bunch of goons had a brain fart. All you need do is search the internet and you'll find people in incestuous relationships waiting for an open-minded person such as yourself to take up their cause. Everybody deserves love, Freecocoa. Don't discriminate against the incestuous.

They are npt on the same scale, homosexx is worse. At least, in iincest, there's a chance of heterosexuality. A person may have 10 siblings. What's your point?
That one concern Abraham and him God, was just saying it happened anyways.

My point is that, incest and homosexuality shouldn't be compared.

Even if a person has 10 siblings, what are the odds that the one he is attracted to will feel the same way, but a gay person has a whole lot of people to choose from.

I'm tired already.
Re: Let's Talk About Marriage(homosexuality,polygamy And Others) by Nobody: 10:13pm On Jun 29, 2015
freecocoa:

Even if a person has 10 siblings, what are the odds that the one he is attracted to will feel the same way, but a gay person has a whole lot of people to choose from.

The reason why iincest isn't common is because it's been discouraged, not because people lack attraction. If homosexx is discouraged, it would be just as uncommon. Good night.

4 Likes

Re: Let's Talk About Marriage(homosexuality,polygamy And Others) by freecocoa(f): 10:14pm On Jun 29, 2015
Timbuktou:

1. Who cares about equality of love?

2. I'm of the opinion that those who believe in love are ignorant people.

3. If you had been using your head, you'd have realised that divorce in islam is acceptable. Muslim women have been known to exit marriages on account of a husband's interest in bringing in another woman.

4. Nigeria has to wait to be sanctioned?

5. Your comment is in public domain, woman.

6. I'm not a religious person either. Just wanted to set you straight.

7. Actually, it's hunger that is the problem. I never chop. kiss

8. You have a less than functional understanding of the book and its teachings. undecided

Apologies, didn't notice it. Anyway, consider yourself greeted in arrears. grin

Happy Ramadan. kiss
1. I see, why do I even bother with you?

2.Your opinion, doesn't change nada.

3.Ofcourse, throw out the old used toy you are tired of and get a new one, win win for all. Aren't you a douche bag, nansenz.

4. Y'all should I actually think, what has your rants on here changed? Wait till it's needed.

5. True that but it was in response to a post, rushing at it that way without a full grasp of what it was about, led to you typing gibberish.tongue

6.You did an awful job of that.

7.Come over, I have something for you.wink

8. I understand that book more than you, the only difference is that I don't have to wait for any mythical holy spirit to interpret for me.

Apologies accepted, go and sin no more.smiley

3 Likes

Re: Let's Talk About Marriage(homosexuality,polygamy And Others) by freecocoa(f): 10:16pm On Jun 29, 2015
Timbuktou:

The reason why iincest isn't common is because it's been discouraged, not because people lack attraction. If homosexx is discouraged, it would be just as uncommon. Good night.
biggest lie of the century.

If I have to depend on the Internet to find incestuous people, then there really is only a handful of them.

Sweet dreams.
Re: Let's Talk About Marriage(homosexuality,polygamy And Others) by Nobody: 11:15pm On Jun 29, 2015
freecocoa:
biggest lie of the century.

If I have to depend on the Internet to find incestuous people, then there really is only a handful of them.

Sweet dreams.

How manyfags did you know in 2004? There's so little sibling fvckers because it's still got stigma like homosexx did back in the day. You wait till there's an iincest movement.

3 Likes

Re: Let's Talk About Marriage(homosexuality,polygamy And Others) by dinachi(m): 3:20am On Jun 30, 2015
America is hypocritical with this homosexual issue! The truth is that they lost the battle against homosexuality when they allowed homosexuals to control the mass media and start gay pride homosexual rallies. They used Hollywood constantly showing movies that depict homosexuals as good people. They kept toying with the minds of Americans until it was too late. That is why Russians having studied Americas mistake completely banned homosexual propaganda totally.
They will usually start by demanding that the act be decriminalized. From there they will demand for civil unions then bam they go full throttle demanding for equal status as married couples.
They tricked American public.
Any country that doesn't want to collapse the way America did should make sure they never allow homosexuals to control their media.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Women Retaining Their Maiden Names / How Many Kids Do You Still Wanna Have? / Most Unusual Baby Names of 2012

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.