Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,579 members, 7,809,103 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:12 PM

Please Advice Me On This - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Please Advice Me On This (808 Views)

I Want To Kill Myself Today Advice Me PICS / please advice / Please Advice; Degree In Nursing Or Degree In Electrical Engineering (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please Advice Me On This by talentedchris(m): 8:12pm On Jun 28, 2015
Goodevening all,please i really need your advice.am a secondary school leaver,aspiring to study computer science in FUTO but my friends are telling me to change the course because it has a low job prospects.but i really want to study it because of the love i have for ICT.please help me...
Re: Please Advice Me On This by Gurgle(f): 8:19pm On Jun 28, 2015
talentedchris:
Goodevening all,please i really need your advice.am a secondary school leaver,aspiring to study computer science in FUTO but my friends are telling me to change the course because it has a low job prospects.but i really want to study it because of the love i have for ICT.please help me...

Do you have a careers adviser in your secondary school? they may be able to help
Re: Please Advice Me On This by talentedchris(m): 8:32pm On Jun 28, 2015
Gurgle:

Do you have a careers adviser in your secondary school? they may be able to help

no,i dont.thats why am here on NL.
Re: Please Advice Me On This by Gurgle(f): 11:40pm On Jun 28, 2015
talentedchris:
no,i dont.thats why am here on NL.

Well I once read a report that computer science graduates are the highest earning in the Western World. but that depends on a lot of things like the school you went to

But whilst you study you need to:

- Build a good portfolio
- Have a good network of people, organisations and clients

I would say grades are important but networking makes up a large proportion of career success as it allows you to move onto better things

Especially in the world of technology which is always evolving.

Anyway, what was the evidence for poor careers prospects? What did your friends suggest you study instead?
Re: Please Advice Me On This by talentedchris(m): 4:41pm On Jun 29, 2015
Gurgle:

Well I once read a report that computer science graduates are the highest earning in the Western World. but that depends on a lot of things like the school you went to

But whilst you study you need to:

- Build a good portfolio
- Have a good network of people, organisations and clients

I would say grades are important but networking makes up a large proportion of career success as it allows you to move onto better things

Especially in the world of technology which is always evolving.

Anyway, what was the evidence for poor careers prospects? What did your friends suggest you study instead?
they said i should go for mechanical engineering or construction engineering
Re: Please Advice Me On This by Gurgle(f): 8:04pm On Jun 29, 2015
talentedchris:
they said i should go for mechanical engineering or construction engineering

mechanical engineering is good. in fact any type of engineering is good.

but do you enjoy those things? are you passionate about them? because that could affect how well you do on the course

if you study construction engineering will you be a contractor afterwards?

and what are your friends doing self?

have you spoken to your family about this? like your parents. what are their jobs and what do they think you should do?
Re: Please Advice Me On This by talentedchris(m): 10:52pm On Jun 29, 2015
Gurgle:

mechanical engineering is good. in fact any type of engineering is good.

but do you enjoy those things? are you passionate about them? because that could affect how well you do on the course

if you study construction engineering will you be a contractor afterwards?

and what are your friends doing self?

have you spoken to your family about this? like your parents. what are their jobs and what do they think you should do?
well,my parents are just farmers,am their first son.
Re: Please Advice Me On This by Nobody: 4:23pm On Jul 10, 2015
talentedchris:
Same like me, I'm vry brillant nd gud in mathematics, but I dnt think it has a low job opportunity...My frndx alxo discouraged me bt I'm chasing the passion
Futo computer scientist '2020

1 Like

Re: Please Advice Me On This by Nobody: 5:21pm On Jul 10, 2015
1 question.
Are you going to study it or are they studying it for u?
Re: Please Advice Me On This by talentedchris(m): 9:06am On Jul 11, 2015
Zonazinny:

Same like me, I'm vry brillant nd gud in mathematics, but I dnt think it has a low job opportunity...My frndx alxo discouraged me bt I'm chasing the passion
Futo computer scientist '2020
God will surely bless us.amen.

(1) (Reply)

. / Confusing Sentences That Actually Make Sense / 2015/2016 Unilorin Remedial Aspirants

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.