Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,352 members, 7,800,703 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 01:19 AM

Woman, Grandchild Killed During Lagos Cult Clash(Pictured) - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Woman, Grandchild Killed During Lagos Cult Clash(Pictured) (37556 Views)

31-yr-old Peacemaker Killed During Scuffle In Ogun Community (pic) / Boys Killed During Initiations In Kogi / 16 Dead In Kwara State Polytechnic Students’ Cult Clash (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Woman, Grandchild Killed During Lagos Cult Clash(Pictured) by Islie: 7:07am On Jun 29, 2015
One-year-old Opeyemi Yusuf was licking a lollipop, comfortably straddled to her grandma’s back en route to the market, when a bullet pierced through the back of their tricycle.

It hit Opeyemi in the head and penetrated to Mrs. Osayemi Victoria’s head, killing both victims on the spot.

Opeyemi was her mother’s only child, while the 57-year-old grandma was reportedly visiting when tragedy struck.

PUNCH Metro learnt that the tricycle they boarded ran into the middle of a gun battle between rival cult groups along Ishawo Road, Ikorodu, Lagos State.

The incident, which happened on Tuesday, was said to have created confusion as residents ran helter-skelter.

The driver of the tricycle, Awoyemi Olaoluwa, said the single bullet pierced through the nylon back side of the tricycle and hit the duo who was in the middle.

The other two passengers, on the right and left, escaped unhurt.

Olaoluwa said, “I had picked Mama at Total bus stop. She was my second passenger and she was backing the child. I later picked another passenger along the road and she moved to the middle.

“I was heading towards the Agric bus stop along Ishawo Road. But when we got to Mechanic Village bus stop, I started hearing gunshots.

My passengers asked me to hurry because there was a fight in the area. I was told the cultists were on motorcycles and were chasing and shooting at one another.

“We had not moved too far when I saw that the woman’s head was bowed and resting on my back seat.”

He said his clothes had also become soaked in blood.

The other passengers, who suddenly realised what had happened, were said to have raised the alarm.

“My passengers told me to stop. That was when I knew Mama and the child had been hit by a stray bullet,” he added.

The tricycle driver was said to have called for help as the other passengers alighted and mixed with a crowd of people that had formed around the scene.

PUNCH Metro learnt that instead of helping the victims, the people started using their camera phones to take snapshots of the woman and the baby, who still had the lollipop stuck to his mouth.

Policemen from the Owutu division were said to have been alerted to the scene.

Our correspondent gathered that the corpses were first taken to the police station before they were deposited at the Ikorodu General Hospital morgue.

Opeyemi’s mother, Bukola, a teacher, said she was supposed to be in the tricycle with her mother, because they had planned to go to the market together.

She said, “My mother came from Ekiti to Lagos. She had spent one month with us.

“We were to go to the market together. She collected Opeyemi from me and put him on her back. But as we were on the way, I remembered that I left my phone at home and told her I was going to pick it.

“I told her to wait for me at the bus stop. It was long after when I was called that something terrible had happened. I got to the place and saw the bodies of my son and my mother.”

PUNCH Metro gathered that the victims’ family members were only interested in burying both victims in their hometown in Ekiti State.

A police source, however, assured that the police would intensify investigation to apprehend the suspects.

He said, “We will get the culprits.

“Nobody can do this kind of thing and go scot-free. The blood of the innocent child will hunt them. They will have no rest.”

When contacted, the Police Public Relations Officer, Kenneth Nwosu, said he would call back.

But he had yet to do so as of the time of filing this report.

http://www.punchng.com/metro-plus/woman-grandchild-killed-during-lagos-cult-clash/

Picture of the dead

cc lalasticlala

Re: Woman, Grandchild Killed During Lagos Cult Clash(Pictured) by Nobody: 7:07am On Jun 29, 2015
Tragic...

EVEN IF THESE UNTRAINED ID1OTS WANTS TO WASTE THEIR LIVES ON VICES WHY MUST THEY TAKE THE LIVES OF THE INNOCENT ONES?

REALLY TRAGIC.... RIP FOLKS

33 Likes

Re: Woman, Grandchild Killed During Lagos Cult Clash(Pictured) by madridguy(m): 7:08am On Jun 29, 2015
Ever since Laspotech was moved to its permanent site @ Ikorodu the area has seized to witness Peace again. What a bad news. " PUNCH Metro learnt that instead of helping the victims, the people started using their camera phones to take snapshots of the woman and the baby, who still had the lollipop stuck to his mouth. " Who is to blame for this, if they rushed the victims to the hospital, the doctor will request for police report before treatment can be commence....If you rush to the police station for police report, the police will interrogate you, and detain you in some cases. We Nigerian are good people of great character, but the Nigeria government should make a law to help victims like these for the sake of life...I have once stood as a accident victim relative just for the doctor to treat the man, the doctor insist she will not attend to the man without seeing his relative who will be responsible for his bill. May your souls rest in peace and also May God in his infinite mercy comfort Iya Opeyemi and grant her " Iman " to bear the lost.

86 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Woman, Grandchild Killed During Lagos Cult Clash(Pictured) by Nobody: 7:10am On Jun 29, 2015
Nigeria: a war zone! Gangs and cultists, kidnappers and robbers

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Woman, Grandchild Killed During Lagos Cult Clash(Pictured) by innofyno(m): 7:11am On Jun 29, 2015
But I still don't understand what pple gain frm cultism.... Different stroke for different folks... Rip to grandma and and grandchild

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Woman, Grandchild Killed During Lagos Cult Clash(Pictured) by chudidonas(m): 7:12am On Jun 29, 2015
Everythng about cultism is destruction and death. May their souls find peace

17 Likes

Re: Woman, Grandchild Killed During Lagos Cult Clash(Pictured) by innofyno(m): 7:12am On Jun 29, 2015
Re: Woman, Grandchild Killed During Lagos Cult Clash(Pictured) by ggrin(f): 7:12am On Jun 29, 2015
SMH
Re: Woman, Grandchild Killed During Lagos Cult Clash(Pictured) by Nobody: 7:23am On Jun 29, 2015
lagos cult... Lagos flood hmmm
Re: Woman, Grandchild Killed During Lagos Cult Clash(Pictured) by rawtouch: 7:24am On Jun 29, 2015
Still can't understand why people find it easier to use their phones to take pictures when there is an emergency and not call for help
Re: Woman, Grandchild Killed During Lagos Cult Clash(Pictured) by lumzybo: 7:30am On Jun 29, 2015
What a pity!!! RIP to them both.

And to the shooter of the gun....hmmmmn... angry
Re: Woman, Grandchild Killed During Lagos Cult Clash(Pictured) by Nobody: 7:33am On Jun 29, 2015
May we and our family members never meet sudden death in our going out and coming in In Jesus's name Amen

*click like to claim it*

61 Likes 1 Share

Re: Woman, Grandchild Killed During Lagos Cult Clash(Pictured) by madridguy(m): 7:40am On Jun 29, 2015
Do you need " likes " to get a govt approval ? Lol....Nairalander with stylishly ways of begging for " likes " well, as for me I will not click like, I will say AMEN to your prayer.....lol

Yungwizzzy:
May we and our family members never meet sudden death in our going out and coming in In Jesus's name Amen

*click like to claim it*

7 Likes

Re: Woman, Grandchild Killed During Lagos Cult Clash(Pictured) by lonelydora: 7:45am On Jun 29, 2015
May their soul rest in peace.

INTROVERT is still asleep.
Re: Woman, Grandchild Killed During Lagos Cult Clash(Pictured) by exemen: 7:45am On Jun 29, 2015
HAHA.................. RIP TO THE DECEASED ................

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Woman, Grandchild Killed During Lagos Cult Clash(Pictured) by Nobody: 7:45am On Jun 29, 2015
Too many killings.
It's just 7:47 and I've read more than 5 different killings. Which way naija?

RIP to the dead

1 Like

Re: Woman, Grandchild Killed During Lagos Cult Clash(Pictured) by morereb10: 7:46am On Jun 29, 2015
Victim of circumstances, sometimes i wonder why things happy this way.

Is it really what God wanted for them?

Re: Woman, Grandchild Killed During Lagos Cult Clash(Pictured) by docphresh(m): 7:46am On Jun 29, 2015
There's no beta exclamation for this kinda story than..... Chiiiiiiiiisos!
Re: Woman, Grandchild Killed During Lagos Cult Clash(Pictured) by wunmi590(m): 7:46am On Jun 29, 2015
Re: Woman, Grandchild Killed During Lagos Cult Clash(Pictured) by hotgunz(m): 7:47am On Jun 29, 2015
Peace to d death
Re: Woman, Grandchild Killed During Lagos Cult Clash(Pictured) by ijustdey: 7:47am On Jun 29, 2015
PUNCH Metro learnt that instead of helping the
victims, the people started using their camera phones to take snapshots of the woman and the baby, who still had the lollipop stuck to his mouth.

we have lost our sense of purpose of helping each other
what had happened to the love of humanity in us and being our brothers keepers

2 Likes

Re: Woman, Grandchild Killed During Lagos Cult Clash(Pictured) by Rapsainot(m): 7:47am On Jun 29, 2015
tragic
Re: Woman, Grandchild Killed During Lagos Cult Clash(Pictured) by boboLIL(m): 7:47am On Jun 29, 2015
Rest in peace in d b00s0m 0f 0ur L0rd Jesus Christ....painful
Re: Woman, Grandchild Killed During Lagos Cult Clash(Pictured) by omojesu202(m): 7:48am On Jun 29, 2015
one heartless being deliberately shot the tricycle
Re: Woman, Grandchild Killed During Lagos Cult Clash(Pictured) by modskiller(m): 7:48am On Jun 29, 2015
The new born who had no sins
Re: Woman, Grandchild Killed During Lagos Cult Clash(Pictured) by hotgunz(m): 7:49am On Jun 29, 2015
innofyno:
But I still don't understand what pple gain frm cultism.... Different stroke for different folks... Rip to grandma and and grandchild
popularity, power,money and death
Re: Woman, Grandchild Killed During Lagos Cult Clash(Pictured) by Kendumazy(m): 7:49am On Jun 29, 2015
Sad stories everywhere... God's protection on all nairalanders and everyone out there..
Re: Woman, Grandchild Killed During Lagos Cult Clash(Pictured) by nerodenero: 7:49am On Jun 29, 2015
May God always protect us from being at the wrong place at the wrong time, amen. RIP
Re: Woman, Grandchild Killed During Lagos Cult Clash(Pictured) by Vodkka(m): 7:49am On Jun 29, 2015
na only dem Waka come

dis lagos Don dae turn to *movie town* small small
no attack me oooo....na d truth I dae talk
Re: Woman, Grandchild Killed During Lagos Cult Clash(Pictured) by hensben(m): 7:49am On Jun 29, 2015
Love is natural while hatred is artificial/man made..embrace love shun hatred.

shun cultism
Re: Woman, Grandchild Killed During Lagos Cult Clash(Pictured) by SamuelAgent(m): 7:49am On Jun 29, 2015
The menace of cultism in our society is becoming alarming, Is high time the government intervene.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Female Travel Agent Wanted For Duping Victims In Lagos. Photos / Dismissed US Soldier Nabbed In Owerri For Defrauding Visa Seekers / Marijuana: Ilorin Youths Protest High Cost

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.